Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Do I have an eating disorder?
Okay, I just can't stop doing this... like recently all I seem to think about it food and how it makes me fat. In the morning I won't have breakfast but then I would jsut binge out later on ...

HELP ME iM HUGE!! i want help so bad i cant stand being so fat what do i do?
im brandy im 15 and obese i cant stand life i want to be beautiful so bad i just dont knoe what todo i need basics not
"buy this" "look at this" i just want HELP.

What can I eat that's high in protein and low in calories?
I eat a lot of light yogurt but I want to try something else.
Additional Details
I can't eat meat....

What's the Best time to Work Out???
Im trying to lose weight (not build muscle). So I was wondering what the best time of the day is to work out, and What types of excersises would work best? T...

Has anyone had success using diet pills??? IF so which one???
I'm taking xenical now...but is not really working that good......

Am i overweight, skinny normal or what?
I'm 5ft 5 and i weigh 8 stone. I'm 14. Am i overweight? thanks for any help =]
Additional Details
oh sorry thats in english thingys its 50 ...

I'm 18, 5'2'' and weight 76 pounds. am i considered anorexic?
every one always tells me how skinny i am, but am i healthy? i don't want to be considered an anorexic, i do actually eat....

Will taking laxatives make you lose weight?

Am i overweight?? im 15 year old girl that wieghs 156 and im 5'1? plz help.thanks.?
but i know that a lot of my weight is muscle....

IF i only eat when I am hungry will I lose weight?
I alwas eat when in i am not hungry but if i only eat when i am hungry(not starving) will i lose wieght without going into starvaction mode?If i do this for lunch ,dinner,and snacks will i lose ...

Why is eating healthy so expensive?!?
If being obese and fat is such a bad thing, then I think healthy food should be cheap and processed junk food should be expensive!!! Anyone else agree?

Is it even more expensive to open up ...

The strongest muscle in the body ???

I am 15 will be 16 soon, I want to kno if its possible to lose 20lbs in the next 3-4 weeks,i weigh 222lbs ish
and if it is possible then how?
Additional Details
i have already cut out pop, candy, and most junk foods completely. and i exercise quite a bit. is there something else i am doing wrong?...

I like this guy and he is 23 and i told him i was 19 but im really 15?
but i really like him he always talks to me nice he respects me and he is the nicest guy i know and i dont know what to do im falling in love with him and he toold me he want to meet but i told him ...

I have so many skinny friends & I know I'm chubby, I JUST WANT TO BE ANOREXIC!?
I want to go like two days without eating, then eating very little, then another two days, & so on. I just want to be skinny & little like my friends instead of being chubby! I HATE IT!?!? A...

Why does drinking lots of beer make you fat?
Do you know where I can find good info on negative effects of alcohol on the body and mind?...

Why does alcohol affect weight loss?
If my calorie intake is limited to about 1400 calories a day and I purposefully burn more calories than I consume, why should alcohol (liquor) make a difference? I don't exceed the daily ...

Is it true????
is it true that at 5'3'' I should weigh 115. if thats true then, me being 125 is 15 lbs overweight. i'm not big boned or anything. maybe i'm 5'4''. what ...

Would you rather jog outside or on a treadmill?

<10 points best answer> I feel really bad for my daughter...?
My 10-year old daughter keeps complaining about herself. She wants to lose weight, but I dont want her to use those programs that say will get you skinny. What should I do?? Are there foods that get ...

shetty b g
When should one drink water? before, during or after meal?

LT
Rating
It is claimed that if you drink a glass of water before eating, you will eat less. I like to drink mine while I eat. Don't believe it makes any differences when you drink your water.

sweety
1 hr before meal,1hr after meal and some sips during meal.

preeeeeeee
actually when u r thirsty.

coldest snow
Rating
A little before & rest after.

minootoo
Rating
Kabir has said in his couplet to drink water before meal.

There is a reason for it, it fills you up, so you do not over eat.

It is considered most healthy.

docdodds
Rating
There is no rule for drinking water. But to reduce the amount you eat drink water before each meal and after a meal. There is no adverse effect of drinking water during meals also.

Lidia V
After meal better to drink water, it's usefull for processing the food inside of u.

Rating
Whenever u feel Thirsty.

Babar
Rating
It's a scientific fact that drinking water before meal is good for health, whereas during meal, water drinking should be avoided. After having meal, water drinking puts a burden on stomach.

As in Islam it's a very famous HADITH:

Water, before meal is Gold,
Water, during meal is Silver, and,
Water, after meal is Iron.

Alamelu P S
Rating
Oh, it is just about diluting the digestive juices, when we drink water very close to or during meals.
So, it is ok to drink before 30 minutes, or 45 minutes after food, to ensure peak performance by digestion system, its secreted juices etc. Once in a way it is ok to drink water in between, but as a matter of habit, it is not very useful.
Again, some kinds of food make us thirsty, like dosas, dry chappatis (without fluid like side-dish), so it is ok to drink a little of water even during food. But it is very safe to keep a glass of drinking water nearby during meals to reach for it in case of choking feeling at throat during gulp, some spicy food that may cause hiccoughs etc.

spiritual healer
Rating
Before or after meals.

sunny1991
Rating
not half n hour b4 nythin

shane
Rating
for better digestion

ram_mohan r
Before meal

shailendra s
During the meal

xox_bass_player_xox
Rating
all of the above

ravi t
Rating
if u r on the healthier side and want to decrease calorie(food) intake then go in for water during the meal.
it keeps u full
if u r wanting to clear ur "passages" then go for water after the meal..
before meal water is not adviced

Liz G
Rating
Better to drink AFTER your meal. If you drink during you will become bloated and produce more gas in the stomach.

It's great to drink a warm glass of water with a slice of lemon first thing in the morning...it acts like a detox for the body!

All the best!

genius designated
Rating
one should drink water after following criteria is fullfilled
1. if ur thirsty
2. if water availble for drink is suitable for drink
3.if u r not moving so fast using anysort of automobile and road is not bumpy

Harsh...!
drinking water during and after meals will dilute the digestive juices in our stomach... we should drink water half an hour before or after the meals...

Jeevan Kumar Mittal, 1956
I avoid water before, during and after meals. If I am taking food at 1200 hrs., I avoid water between 11 - 1 p.m.

mtejasaa zote
Rating
one and a half hours after eating to allow the enzymes and stomach secretions complete their work otherwise you dilute their concentration and render them less effective....dig-it ?
also,you can take half a glass 43 minutes before meals to create the field -of play : for food !!

Rosie Young
2 hours before or after, according to doctors.
Personally I can't eat if I don't drink at the same time so I don't obey that.
The theory is, if you drink just before, during or just after eating, you are diluting the digestive juices, making it harder for your body to digest the food. If you chew your food thoroughly (which very few people do) and avoid beverages with food you'll have better and smoother digestion.
Also never eat fruit last. Always eat fruit first or separately from a meal. Fruit eaten last sits on top of your stomach contents and ferments.

bidia
Rating
there is no such rule. do as u wish, makes no difference to your system.

Ritika
Rating
Drinking water before meal is best for health but must be half n hour before. you can also drink water after meal but after half n hour or one hour after meal would be better, but you should avoid drinking water during meal because it causes digestion problems.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy