Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is there way way I can lose weight fast?
I need to lose around 5-7 pounds. I'm 5'5'' and 118 pounds. People say I'm skinny but I have a little pouch around my stomach and I hate my thighs. I don't want to be ...

What's healthier Pepsi or Coke?
Between just Pepsi and Coke, which of the two is healthiest to drink. Niether of them are, but which is better. It's hard to tell, because they both have their highs and lows, and sometimes in ...

Weight help!!!?
Hi I am 12 years old, five foot 4 and I weigh 140 lbs and maybe even more. You dont have to tell me that I am overweight because I already know I am. But I just cant stop eating. I dont feel hungry ...

How can i gain weight? :/?
i'm 13 right now. 5'2 & 85 lbs. i get called names like anorexic, a human toothpick, and this one time, a guy was like do you eat? & i'm really tired of it. and even my family ...

Question!?
How much a day should I be runninf if i wanna loose 30 pounds in 4 months?...

What would be an unhealtily low weight for my height?
ie: losing periods, losing muscle mass, general bad health?
I'm 5'7 and 110 ( so dont worry im not underweight or anything) but just wondered at what weight i would be underweight....

Am i fat? Details included...it seems..all my fat goes to one place?
I am a 14 year old girl...who plays alot of sports....including basketball (Top scorer for 3 years straight). ....i weight 118 on good days...123 on bad days. it seems..my arms are pretty thin.......

Why havent I lost weight?
For over a month i have been doing a self control thing with my diet, Im a vegetarian, i dont eat artificial sugars or have caffine. I havent lost any weight at all which is what i would have liked, ...

Toooooooo skinny or normal????
is this too skinny or normal???
hott body or not???
if you are a guy would you date a girl with a body like this or is it not curvy enough???
RATE THE BODY 1-10.
the person is 5�...

My sister is 12 yaears old and she weighs 98 pounds is she fat??

Do you actually eat what the food pyramid says?
I mean...cmon. I eat healthy, I eat vegetarian, but no matter how frickin hard I try I can never get each food group into a day. Obviously, I have to replace the dairy with soymilk and the meat with ...

Swimming good for muscles or what?
Does swimming make you stronger or is it only good for toning and lossing weight? (note I do not want to loose weight) Please HELP!
Additional Details
But if I increase my caloric intake ...

I need to know just a simple answer about loosing weight?
ok, my birthday is in march, and I want to loose 45 pounds by then, my question is, if I start my diet in 1 week (which will be just eating all the way healthy, and no junk or sugar at all) and if I ...

How do you get a quick flat belly?
i run at least 3 miles a day and i eat healthy so wtf am i missing?...

I think I have an eating disorder???
I binge/purge at least once a week, usually more, and the rest of the week I skip meals, or eat very little. No body knows this information, but everybody assumes Im okay because im smarter than that,...

Is the Aitkins Diet safe?
Does any have serious objections to this diet? Are there any short term or long term side-affects Ishould worry about?...

Am I fat???? Professional help would be great, but other help works too!?
Im 5'2" female, and weigh 91 lbs. Thats not fat...is it?

im 13...

How tall are you? How much to you weight?
I'm 5'3" and weight 175lbs (i'm pregnant) not that it's an excuse....

Is it true that diet coke makes you gain weight?

What are the quickest ways to lose weight that are not necesarily healthy?

Additional Details
i'm not huge but ive gone into a depression for my weight. i dont know why...im 5' 1" , 15 years, and weigh about 130....

babyblue2045
Whats the result of starving myself?
my friend lost weight cuz she starved herself

if that work for her shud i do it too?

i know its stupid but....
ugh idkkk
im deperate and i need to lose weight....bad

Carrie C
Rating
i starved my slef for 1 year and lsot 118 pounds so it dose work

Smilefever22
Rating
THAT IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!!!!
starving yourself is bad for you... and it could result with you in the hospital
your friend obviously made a bad choice and think of yourself as better than that. It might help to look up anorexia on google images.
Instead, work out and eat healthier. Soon, you'll look skinnier and you'll look and feel great

nsl
Don't do that. the best way to lose weight fast is to eat more!. I know sounds weird but its true. Have chicken with no skin, fish and heaps of salads with plenty of water and eat about 6 times a day (make 3 of those times small snacks). Do some light exercise and make sure you sleep well 8 + hours a night. If you do this your body will burn so much. Don't be in too much of a hurry otherwise it will all come back double. This will work!

Also, hang up a picture of the size you want to be (realistic) this will help you stay motivated.

Good luck.

shafasfa
First thing starvation is not the best way to lose weight. It slows your metabolism and causes the body to go into shock. By staving your self , even though you are losing weight, you body will make sure that if you ever binge, or get back to your old eating habits, that it will store the fat, so it can be prepared for any obstacles on the way. It may work for now, but trust me you are going to gain it all back after a while, cause you cant stave yourself forever.

cumminss70
DONT!!! it will lead to anarexia! and then you wont be able to eat ever again! and will soon die! xx

Phire T
You will get super weak you won't be able to do anything your body will start to get up your muscles. Basically you will have no fun at all be miserable and depressed. Sorry, but I'd rather have an apple.

tigerg33
its called working out. not only do you lose weight but you gain muscle.im not saying you have to be like a wrestlers body but toned. you should try it sometime.

maxi
If you don't eat you wont get your regular vitamins and get weaker and probably end up with eating disorders.
Nothing in life is easy so lose weight the normal way.

fReAkOfNaTuRe
To the extreme death and she needs a doctor and treatment.

ArĂ¯el
Rating
DON'T STARVE YOURSELF. That is a horrible thing to do for your body. If you are desperate join a weight watchers program or visit the gym a few times a week. Eat more fruits and veggies. (my friend just joined weight watchers and she has a lost 18 pounds!)

Lenore P
Rating
first of all its dumb you can really hurt your body and if it gose on long enough you can die . you can end up in the hosptial having ivs put in it is not cool ask the dr for a weight loss plan

Eddy M.
Honey don't do it! I did and i was in the hospital for so long i cant even remember! what you need to do is just talk to a nutritionist and if your a teen, like me, get the Diet Book for Teens Only. I lost so much weight with that book and it really helped. Maybe your one of those girls who THINKS their fat when their nott. I was! If you ARE overweight talk to your doctor! But remeber, be HAPPY with who you are! It took me a while but now i'm happy in my own skin! go to your doctor and TELL her! She could help you! Just ask her to tell you if you are or not overweight and if you are what you can do to lose weight or get in shape! Honey, i lost 124 pounds and weighed 94 pounds! It was sad and i almost DIED!You could eat healthier make a few trips a week to the gym join weight watchers if ur older, anything other than starve yourself! I joind the gym and a WEEK later i felt stronger and better about myself! please just dont starve yourself! It's tterrible and just DON'T DO IT! good luck!!!!!!!!:D

Mag
Rating
You die a horrible, slow death with everyone watching.

The healthy way to lose weight is to watch what you eat and exercise. Start out slow, this will not happen in a short time period but the more dedicated you are the better your success will be.

firo_z
Rating
Starving is a really bad idea coz u will slim fast but the other effects will kill u..like starving will give u ULCERS in ur stomach bcoz if u dont take ur food on time the digestive juices in ur stomach will melt ur stomach walls bcoz u have an emty stomach...my recommendation eat NON FATTY, non oily, low calorie foods keep away from sweet stuff...no junk food......

missy.
Rating
You'll lose a lot of weight, and then you'll gain it all back as soon as you eat something. DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF.
I was 221 pounds, and by dieting and working out, i've lost 68 pounds over a few months. Don't starve yourself, that's just ridiculous. You're going to end up dead, and I don't think you want that. Don't be stupid like your friend. Eat healthy, and work out daily, and you'll lose weight.

starving yourself only makes you fatter in the end... Heres why~ you start not eating and your metabolism slows down because your body wants to conserve food .yes you will lose weight for a little while because your stomach is eating the tissue around it. But if you start eating again after that it will only make it harder because your metabolism is slower.

Lisa X
Rating
Hi Babyblue,

Yes, your friend may have starved herself but it is of course not healthy for her. Neither will it be for you. Everyone says to exercise and just lose weight the healthy way but of course that is more difficult than just starving. I will tell you that she will become malnutritioned because her body will lack the necessary nutrients to her body. That means that you will start to lose your hair, your skin will become pale and discolored, your nails will become brittle and chip, you will become tired and lack energy, you will not be able to concentrate and not be able to pay attention. Little by little, you probably will even get to the point you will black out when walking or doing anything. Its so unhealthy. Its really hard to see that being thick and healthy is more beautiful yes I know. But you can believe it when you start to love yourself. Dont worry too much about what people say altho it is easier said than done. Concentrate on just being within a healthy weight range, watch what you eat as to not each too much unhealthy foods yet dont deprive yourself of your cravings. Just be moderate in unhealthy foods. Take care of yourself. A beautiful person comes from within and out. If others see your beauty from the inside, while you take care of your health and physical well being, you will be more beautiful than you ever dreamed. I hope this helps! With love....

Your Pleasure
death.

If you wanna lose weight, do it the healthy way!

besides, where's the fun in not eating? :(

CaroLynnie
The result is maybe some initial weight loss.....but then bone damage, organ damage, etc. Basically NOTHING good can come from starving yourself.

If you feel desperate to lose weight, then I would suggest going on a healthy "diet" like Weight Watchers. And adding in some aerobic exercise. Join a dance, aerobic, or jazzercise class. Or take up swimming, walking or jogging.

There are plenty of alternatives to starving yourself....and they won't cause you to end up in a hospital.

Please make the smart choice....depriving your body of the nutrients that it desperately needs by starving yourself, is NOT the smart choice.

I wish you the best of luck.

Xerocool
well first off its dumb you will gain the weight back unless you pretty much just keep starving yourself for the rest of the time you want to. but you can lose melenan in your bones calcium and... just dont

sarah
Death.
Sickness.

~Linda~ <3 BMX FTW!<3
Rating
The result of starving your self is death. Don't mess with that! There's differernt ways to lose weight, such as eating healthy and a good amount of exercise.

Starving yourself is very bad for your body becase your body doesn't get the neutrients it needs to live, grow and to get energy. Also, your brain can't think as well without food to feed it.

Please, promise me your not going to starve yourself. This is kinda like being anerexic. It's not the right choice and you could get seriously ill and your chances of dieing are pretty high. You need your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.

Face it, your friend was stupid for doing that. She needs to get help and terapy. She doesn't know what she's doing. She's messing with her life.

Here are some tips on how to lose weight the healthy way.

1.Cut down the junk food. Eat vegies, fruit, and anything healthy.
2.Get excercise, it's easy and fun. Just go by yourself a nice pair of rollerblades, a bike or even a skateboard. I'm a rollerblader, and I find it a great thing to do. It's really fun, and I'm starting to get into agressive rollerblading.
3.If you can't get any of those, just pick up a friend and go have fun. Go for a walk with her, go to a park, run around, go crazy! It's all good for you.

If you do this, not only will your body feel good, but you'll feel confident, you'll be healthy, you'll be having tons of fun, you'll be able to run faster, you'll have your energy, you'll be losing weight, guys will be after you, but best of all..You can prove your friend wrong for messing with her life and show her the REAL way of getting what you want, which isn't killing yourself.

Have fun! Hope I helped.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy