Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i fatt or average???
im 13, 148 lbs and 5'9''
i have a big boned body structure
some people sayy im too skinny and others dissagree
well, im not so confident but the doctor says if i loose ...

Am I overweight?
I am 110 and 5,3...

How can I stop getting blisters on my feet????
I walk about 4 miles a day and I come home with huge blisters! I have tried all kinds of shoes. I don't know what to do but it hurts!!!

Thank you.
Additional Details

I'm 13 and I don't get as much exercises as I should. Any advice?
I'm 13 and I don't get as much exercises as I should. Any tips on how to make excersize fun for me? PLEASE help!...

How can i lose 20 ponds in one week????????
im trying to inpress a girl i like at school.............

AM I A FAT PERSON?..if so what can i do about it?
i weight 116 and im 5'9"..i want to be 110...i exercise 2-5hrs daily..is that enought..this is what i ate today is this to much?

morning-miniwheats 1%milk
lunch- 2waffles ...

HELPPPPPP MEEEEEEE PLEASE!?
I have just started 8th grade. 13 years old. I want to order this exercise tape called Slim in 6. http://www.beachbody.com...

How can a 13 year old girl loose 10lb. in 2 weeks?

Additional Details
if i weigh alot more than im supposed to (170lb.)...

Am i fat?
I weigh 100 pounds and i am 5'5 i think i need to loose 20 pounds i am the cheerleading squad captin and this summer we are going to an overweight childrens camp to pump them up and help them ...

How can i lose twenty pounds in two days?

Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?
Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?...

Why am i always hungry after dinner?
i eat til i am like full then ten mins later im like hungry again, i am 13 years old.
Additional Details
i dont eat alot of junk ...

I am 5'10 135 lbs 34-28-39 measurements - good or bad?

If a cookie contains 110 calories and you cut it in half do you consume HALF the calories??
or is it just bogus.? like no matter how big the piece is its still going to contain that many calories.?...

If i eat about 600-800 calories a day..?
is it dangerous?.. i'm not fat! i just want to get toned and lose the stubborn little fat i have here and there before the summer, especially my little love handles.. besides my love handles i ...

I weigh 340 pounds. I have been trying to lose weight for a while. Can someone give me tips on doing so?

What are some natural laxatives?
School project/disguisting i know....

How do you get fat?
hi i was just wondering exactly how you get fat. is it all about calories or other factors too? can i get some specific informations about how you get fat? and what does fat calorie do? and will diet ...

Are you fat if youre 5'4 16 and 125 ibs?

Plz i dont know if im fat or not?
im 13 5'1" and 129lbs
AM I FAT???
AND IF I AM WHAT WEIGHT SHOULD I BE AT?
aND HOW CAN I GET THERE?...

paganworldme
Whats the best way to help tone up tummy muscles to get a firmer tum?

~*tigger*~ **
1.cardio removes fat
2. crunches with hands touching top of head tones up abs
3. lateral toning touching opposite elbow to opposite knee
20 each side and crunches before and after lateral
do once a day
for three to four weeks

throwmelonsatbuttercup
Callanetics - doesnt build muscle - just tones all the layers
Sit ups are seriously bad for your back, but the callanetics stomach exercise works just your stomach.
You can get the video that just deals with the stomach.

I had a fabulous 6 pack after doing it for a few months.

Also eat well, lots of greens and proteins.

elektra.fire
Rating
I do reverse sit ups, they have done wonders for me.
Every morning and evening do 21 reps. Lie down flat and then breathe in slowly lifting your legs up until they are at 90 degree angel to your body, as you lift the legs lift the head up aswell. Then slowly breath out as you release them down.
If you do a google search for the "5 tibetans" it will explain this excercise clearly.
The 5 tibetans is a complete work out and I highly recommend it, it has changed my body and is easy to do everyday. Good luck.

Proud to be a muslimah
Well first of all you need to burn that fat that is covering all the muscles so eating low fat food and exercising ( just to burn fat) walking for example is a good way to burn fat,
then you start doing some stomach workouts like sit ups and crunches

aidanj
swimming tones the muscles in your stomach gental sit up watch sugaree thing fill the layers of fat ,good luck silver fox.

Mike T
Rating
You could do lots and lots and lots of sit ups to tone up your muscles, but they'll still be under a layer of fat. Increase your cardio workout, and do weighted crunches for fast results. 3 sets of 10 with anything up to 30kg on your chest, 2-3 times a week and you'll see results in under a month.

Badr R
just to keep eating the greenies leavs ..and some of fruits plus more to swim ........ spa ...and more to walk about 20 minuts every other day

landscape
I would suggest go swimming regularly, it will not only tone your stomach muscles, but all the muscles in your body, generally improving your overall health.

Cham H
Sit-ups and eat right

Sonic
Swimming, because you use all of your muscles.

sweet brunette
get ur mind off sweet and fatty food. concentrate on including more protein in ur diet. do lots of sit-ups but don't expect the results in 2 dayz. do 30 mins situps everyday. remember that too much exercise does not allow ur muscles to rest and develope, so, it isn't necessary to do too much.

roundtree
Rating
if your already fairly fit, then sit ups are going to be most benefitial. however, if your not exactly on the fittest of sides, you need to loose the fat first, before you can tone up tummy, otherwise the sit ups are pointless. to loose the fat the best way is through running, and even swimming. if you do both, start off at a pace you can hack, and if you cant run far then alternate it with running and walking at intervals. once you have got into your running, then is the time to work on your abs in which case sit ups will do the trick as long as your doing them correctly!

cameron s
Rating
Ashamed as I am to admit it, I did try out one of those "Slendertone" things which did a brilliant job as can pop it on and zap yourself into shape on the way to/from work. Does a great job for strengthening core body muscles and posture, pop it on for a couple of half hour sessions a day and it's like you've done AN HOUR of non-stop sit-ups....

bluedolphin
Rating
2 things.
don't eat anything 3 hours before you go to bed.
do the plank every morning and hold the position til you feel a burn around your waist.
trust me, you'll see result in 3 weeks.

merciasounds
Rating
Tummy crunchers: Hook feet under something low, so heels are still on the ground, now sit up and with your hands on the back of your head, touch your right knee with your left elbow, and left knee with your right elbow - breathe out on the way back down - do a dozen at a time.

Without-style
Are you looking to tone up or are you looking to get rid of the fat?

You can do as many crunches as you like but if there is a layer of fat on top of the muscles it’ll be worthless.

Cardio will reduce fat which will flatten the stomach.

Crunches, sit ups, planks (yoga type position), swimming, hula, all good moves to focus on the stomach muscles.

angel
crunches that will really help

the thinker
Rating
Crunches are better than situps.

Anything further than the moment when your abs tighten is a waste of energy.

HELEN LOOKING4
If you have a piece of furniture under which you can hook your feet when lying on the floor,do so.Put your hands behind your head and do sit-ups..This will tone your stomach muscles.if you do at least ten a day for a week and then increase the number. Arnie. watch out!!

ANDY S
Rating
Buy a medicine ball, lay flat on your back with your feet held down, (under the end of the bed) and do sit ups with the med ball in your hands outstetched behind your head. Start off with ten ups and downs and build up slowly until you can do 100. Stomach muscles do most of the work so should improve the (beer) gut. A.

itzdaboielijah
firstly, you should watch what you eat, hitting the gym evry now and then doesn't hurt, alot of cardio would help when mixed with a good diet and plenty of abs exercises

ashypoo
Rating
Sit ups. But make sure you do them right, or you'll end up hurting your neck! You can buy a frame that supports your head and keeps you in the perfect position, you just have to make sure you use your tummy muscles and not throw yourself up using your arms.

Another one I've tried is to sit on your sofa, bend your legs in front of you, put your hands by your head and crunch your body so that your knees come toward your face, and your head moves towards your knees.

If you can feel it pulling on your tummy you're doing it right.

gogogo
I think it's the sit-up or crunch as some people call it. This works up the upper abdomen muscles.

The other is the leg-raise where you lie down on a bench and raising your legs about 45% from the bench inhaling when the legs raise and exhaling when the leg returns to the bench. This will work up the lower abdomen muscles.

These simple abdominal exercises are known to lessen the work load our body exerts on our back which is susceptible to overstrain. It is especially good for those who sit a lot during work. But, I suppose you have to ask your doctor if you have some spinal chord/back problem/expecting a child/hypertensive/hypotensive/just had any surgical procedure done on your body close to your abdomen.

This exercise helps me who are having chronic back pain probably because I sit a lot in front of computer doing work. I'm 51.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

mangal
Breathe out. Pull your stomach towards spine and hold to the count of 8. Breathe in to the count of 4. Hold your breath to the count of 8. Breathe out to the count of 12. Repeat 3-5 times. Increase it by the 2 repetitions per day till you reach 25 cycles per day. Continue doing the same every day as a good habit. You will be surprised to see what it does to your stomach.

nightdreamer
situps are all well and good, but the real answer to your question is running plenty of it, at your own pace is fine, but if you want results you have to put in the hard yards and run 3 - 4 times a week, abb crunches on top of that sure but just doing sit ups in ur lounge room just wont do the trick. so get into some power walking, jogging and running and you'll have a six pack in no time

Hugo
Obviously you need to reduce any excess fat in the area. The quickest way to do this is to tackle your diet and make sure it is healthy. A very large topic but visit the link at the bottom for more advice in this area.
To help with the fat loss you also need to do lots of cardiovascular work like running, cycling, sport, dance, classes etc. After all fat is just stored energy so you need to use it up!
Once you have covered both those areas then combine it with a good abdominal work out which helps to firm up the stomach under the excess body fat. The most important one to work on is the transverse abdominals, these are a belt like muscle that sit under all the other stomach muscles. They help to keep your innards in place and maintain a flatter look to your tummy. There are a lot of exercises out there for abdominals and you will probably get a lot of recommendations of websites to visit. Some of them good some of them not so. Not so long ago a wrote a string of articles on the perfect ab workout. It basically includes 8 of the best stomach exercise I think there are with a description on each one why and how and a short video giving you exact technique to replicate.
Visit the link below and go to the ab section on the left hand menu. There are 2 articles per page to look at the others just click on the previous entries at the bottom of the page.
I hope this will help you and good luck with it.

ireland01
sit-ups or use one of those ab toning sit-up thingys

zurriolo
Rating
1) Diet;
Avoid or reduce fatty foods and sugar intake.

2) Crunches and leg lifts, are classics and work very well.
Also lateral leg lifts will help with the side of your core.

No need to do 100´s just do them right and 3 times a week. 20 to 25 of each could be enough, just check them out to do them with good form.

3) Some cardio could also help to burn fat and aid in reducing body fat and thus, showing your tummy muscles much more.

K
Plenty of sit ups, and reduce the amount of chocolate you eat!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy