Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I overweight or underweight?
I am currently 5'6 and 95 pounds.
I know that may seem skinny, but I have curves which makes me feel obnoxiously fat and uneven.

Also, DONT be rude by saying I am obese/anorexic....

What's a good diet that has worked for you? Which doesn't involve exercising regularly.?

Am i overweight?
Ok i'm a girl and i'm 14 years old. I am 5'3 and I weigh 125 but i feel like I weigh way more. Is this an Ok weight? I'd like it to be a little less. Also, is 60lbs an ok weight ...

Im in 7th grade and i weigh about 95 pounds i want to go on a diet but my mom wont let me what should i do?
i tried going anorexic but my friends didn't like that so i stopped and i don't want to ruin my intestines or what ever so I'm not going to be bulimic im a teen so im like always ...

I am not a water drinker. How can i start acquiring a taste for water?

How tall I am?
My mom is around 5 and my dad is 5' 8. What do you think my height would be...just a guess!...

How much weight do you want to lose?

What's the fastest way to lose weight?
I really want to lose weight!
Additional Details
I'm not over weight, but I want to lose some because I guess that's just ...

How long after eating something can you get food poisoning?

I don't want to live this life and be this way anymore please help me!?
I'm 25 and I've struggled with my weight all my life. Ive suffered from two miscarriages and I currently weight 375lbs. I have trouble breathing, and I cant walk very far maybe two blocks ...

What can you eat to satisfy a sweet tooth in stead of chocolate?
looking for a healthy ...

I'm looking into becoming anorexic, Any Good tips would be appreciated?
I heard this is a GREAT way to lose those extra pesky pounds, It also makes your hair shiny and smooth, I am just too fat!! if you know of any links to any websites let me know, thanks ...

Are ramen noodles healthy?
im on a ...

Do I need to lose weight? and how do i?
i think i need to lose weight
im 12, 5'4, and weigh 145lbs.
but what is an easy way to do it?...

Will eating only eggs make me lose weight?

Tips on how to stop food cravings?? help!!?
do you have any tips for me because i say like "okay today im dieting" but within 2 hours im craving crisps,sweets,biscuits!!
i know a good tip is too get rid of all snacks in my ...

What is the easiest way to lose weight?

I Get Fat When I Exercise...Plz Help!!!?
I hate excerising, but whenever i excerise i just get fatter. I eat alot. Im not that Fat. But I need to Get in shape. Anything I can do? Without The pills and surgery??
Additional Details<...

Am I anorexic if I think I'm fat at 60 pounds, 4"11, and I eat 3 meals a day (1,400 calories)?
I have a stomach, and a big one, but I can see my ribs.
Additional Details
I am 14 years old....

Why is it im eating so much but im not putting on any wight?
I eat three meals aday but all the meals are fried and i am worryed im not putting any wight on....

Just.Loving_Life
What is your favorite exercise and why?
And your favorite exercise machine? What results have you gotten, and why? What machine do you recommend for weight loss? Thanks!

Rosie25
Jogging is my favorite exercise. I also lift weights and use some machines, but it's important not to get married to machines. Using your own body weight as resistance will work out more muscles than the ones outlined by the machine.

Y
Try Taebo i like it cuz its a total body workout which needs only u, no heavy weights, mat, or ANYTHING. and for now im doing the Fitmama Prenatals cuz Taebo is too vigourous for pregnant women....i like the Salsa in that.

Saadz
Rating
pushups, they just work, machines aren't necessary for weight loss

my_y4h00_4nswers_1d
Rating
crunches to get abs thats mostly how i got my 6 pack and machine for weight loss would be a pilate machine but 30 minutes of cardio each day is the best for losing weight

joe
my favourite exercise is tramplolening cus its fun and im good at it. and i reconmend the cross trainer

natasha d
Rating
I love the ab lounge. It's sooooo easy it doesn't even feel like an exercise.

Lydia
i like crunches cuz i wont abbs i do 50 mornin and night and dont put hands behind neck gives u back problems do them at ur side

justin c
bench press

arm curls

tricep pulldowns

hankredwons
swim daily- walk up and down stares .

Patrick W
Rating
You don't need machines, running or jogging is the best excercise in the world. Just go to your local track and run a few miles.

Good♥Gyrl
Rating
Machine: Precor Elliptical. It rocks and your joints don't hurt afterward.

Exercise: Cardio kickboxing. Fun flab buster! Yoga is great, too.

Freakyy
treadmill

Moondance™
Rating
My favourite exercise is running on the treadmill - because you can do it no matter what the weather, it's great for burning calories & toning legs. I'd definitely recommend a treadmill for weight loss. Good luck.

DC
Rating
Bench and Incline, I'm 16 and weight around 145-150. I went from barely being able to bench 95 lbs to 185 since I started working out hard. The simple lifts like that are what do the most for you.

amsterdam
Walking. Because it's free, you can do it anywhere and if you have a pedometer, you can count your steps. I have an average of 10,347 per day, and it keeps the weight down nicely. I do it in the gym, when out shopping, or in the country. Its great for thinking, or walking and talking with friends - anywhere. Love it.

jared
Rating
Bicep curl-16 inch arms
Tricep push down
T-bar rows

Jay S
work is my favorite exercise, i stay fit and get payed for it, gotta factory job!

Maria
Rating
I love to jog in the park. I just put on my ipod and I'm in my own little world. And if its too cold out, I use my workout DVDs, Palates, kick boxing, etc.

will_run4basketball
My favorite exercise is running, because it works your leg muscles, your core, and your shoulders/arms. Plus it gives me a high like nothing else. And it feels impressive to tell someone, "ya, i'm a runner. i ran 8 miles this morning before you were out of bed. by the way, did you see the sunrise this morning? omg, it was breathtaking." I have nicely shaped legs, arms, and stomach because of running. I also like to do ab work and weight lift too, but running is the biggest way I tone muscles, weight lifting and ab work is just a bonus. Pilates is a fun and great way to tone too!

My favorite machine is the elliptical. This machine is similar to running, but is works different muscles than running, so it's great for cross training.

My recommendation for weigh loss would be:
- start doing a cardiovascular activity (running, biking, rollerblading, swimming, or a mix...)
- start weight lifting or take a pilates class, etc
- remember not to work out everyday and to give your muscles a chance to rest (i.e.: work out 6 days a week, 4 days of hard cardio and 2 days of hard cross-training)
- watch what you eat (drink lots of water, only eat when hungry, elimiate fattening/junk foods like desserts, beer, fast food, etc, and eat lots of fruit and veggies) and burn more calories than you consume. this doesn't mean to not eat. it means that you have to work off what you do eat.
- don't expect immediate, next day results. hard work will pay off!!
- to me, this is better than a diet pill, because with a diet pill all i do is swallow it. if i work it off, then i know i lost weight because of my hard work. and, then once i loose the weight it's easier to keep off, because i've built up a routine of healthy eating and working out.

Swamp Fox
Although I have a well-diversified home gym primarily designed to develop body strength, my favorite exercise is walking. Walking is weight-bearing and therefore helps keep the bones strong. Walking utilizes virtually every muscle of the body thus increasing the workload on 1) the heart to provide increased quantities of blood to the tissues and 2) the lungs to satisfy the increased need for oxygen in the tissues. Beneficial side effects are 1) increased metabolism in the internal organs; 2) better oxygenation of the brain improving neurological functioning; 3) strengthening the myocardium (heart muscle) and developing collateral circulation of blood to the heart; 4) increased pulmonary (lung) capacity. The list goes on and on.
For weight loss, walking (and running) are hard to beat. I guess I can say then that my body, all by itself, is my favorite exercise machine. Exercising it, as a whole system, keeps me in pretty good shape.

KARL B
I came across this great product for weight loss (all nautral) and it was excellent for me. Together with a good diet and exercise I am finally happy with my body and the way I look. You should check this product at
http://www.easy-diet-fun.us , they have a free trial and you only pay $6.95 shipping and handling. A must!

CrG
Rating
Walking and swimming.

No machine necessary. Many hospitals have pools. Perhaps your doctor can prescribe one so that you insurance will pay.

Walking is best. I've lost 50 pounds.

yahOOgirl.
Rating
i like using the elyptical at the gym.

Aspen
Rating
Swimming, Bicycling, Hiking! Anything outside really. I don't use those silly machines that simulate being outdoors...

Ada Q
you dont need a machine to exercise.

only fattys think this because they secretly wish the machine would do all the work for them. the easiest and best exercise is running. if you are an old man or lady, then walking is better. walking isn't as good as running, but it's still real good. it is easy and quick and you don't have to pay anyone to do it and you don't have some big stupid machine taking up space that you won't use anyway. you could be one of those morons who gets in their car to walk somewhere, but that is frigging retarded. just step outside your house. run or walk around your neighborhood. if you live in the ghetto, then carry mace or somethin else. if it is so bad to run or walk in, you shouldn't live there anyway.

Laura
Rating
exercise - walking, it's easy on the body and you can do it anywhere

machine - leg presses, could do those all day long

I wouldn't recommend any one machine for weight loss. The real key to weight loss is to balance diet, cardio and weight training.

ang
u really don't need a machine. i like push ups bc after a while they tend to get addictive, and i also love running, it gives you time to think and targets all of your muscles if you run right.

Scott G
just good old fashion jogging in the outdoors, GREAT results.

zolphi
Rating
-Running/Jogging
-Bicycle Machine
-Lost almost 60 pounds
-I reccomend a bicycle machine, eliptical, treadmill, abductor mach., aductor mach.
-Eat healthier. I have stopped exercising and I'm still losing thanks to eating fruits and veggies.No icecream!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy