Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I am 5'5 and weigh 145 lbs. How much more weight can I lose?
I lost 11 lbs so far since Jan and want to be at a healthy weight but what would be good? Please don't paste and copy a BMI . I want to hear from you!!!!
Additional Details
Can I ...

I want to start doing situps/crunches to shed this belly fat and a friend told me I wont loose the belly fat?
I just need some advice on if you all think this is true and what ways I can shed the belly fat if I cant get rid of the belly fat by doing crunches/situps....

Would it be harmful/dangerous to do a 24 hour fast/not eating?
want to get people to sponsor me to raise money for charity.
This would be a difficult challenge personally ! but its a more orginal idea than sponsored silence or something.

What ...

Is alcohol(beer,liquor etc.) in any quantity,less or more good for health?
as brandy is taken in winters to keep warm,is it good to take alcohol as beer twice or thrice a week?i have heard that taking liquor in such limited quantities is beneficial for health....

If 8 glasses a day is the RDA for water what size glasses are they talking about?
How much in litres should I be drinking a day?...

Is it easy to lose 5lbs in 2 weeks?
I'm dieting, but I'm trying to take it slow and step by step. My goal is to lose 5lbs every two weeks, but I want to just concentrate on those 5lbs every time and not concentrate on the ...

Am i fat at all?
i am going in 6th grade and i am 115 pounds. i run great my diet is great what's making me so fat? IS this a bad thing that when i am bored i eat? plz i need tips and ideas to loose weight ...

I am looking for a good diet pill!?!? Help?
I exercise ocasionally but i dont eat that good, i dont eat often but when i do it probably isnt the best food for me to be eating. I have love handles starting to make there way and a bit of a belly ...

My husband calls me fat all the time. i don't know what to do. Any ideas?
I've tried to lose weight but nothing works. i've had 4 kids and i way 230. Ive never weighted that....

I am ALWAYS HUNGRY!!?
I have no idea what to do... I feel like i am always hungry... I am just a teenage girl, not really active and no mater what, I always feel extremely empty or feel like i am going to explode because I...

Does wieght have anything to do with height?
ok so im a 14 year old girl thats 5'9" and when i get on the scale it sometimes reads : 140 lb, then 143lb, then 140lb, then 145 lb ....so u get my point ..up down. i once got up to 150 lb, ...

Any advise on growing taller?
I would like to grow taller. im 5'1 and 14. Every one in my grade is taller than me. I eat alot of protein, vegies, and drink about 2 quarts of milk a day. i exersize and stretch too.
Is ...

I need fast weight loss tips :)?
hey i'm a 16 year old girl
i'm 175 cm tall and i weigh about 57 kilos
how could i get down to 50 kilos in 2 months
i have already decided to stop snacking, cut out biscuits ...

Good leg exercises?

I can't breathe when I jog??! Please help.?
I've always had trouble getting enough air (I'm 13 now.) even when I was on a regular routine of walking my dog an hour every day (fast walking.)
It's so embarrassing-every little ...

Whats the result of starving myself?
my friend lost weight cuz she starved herself

if that work for her shud i do it too?

i know its stupid but....
ugh idkkk
im deperate and i need to lose weight.......

EASY 10 points BEST ANSWER !?
Now im 5"10, 80 kilos
I usto be 70 4 months ago before i started to go to the Gym !
3/4 days a week i do:
Cardio 20 min
Workout 1 hour ->
Arms(60 pounds)
Back(80&...

Everbody agree that drinking water is good for health - which one is best - hot ? cold ? normal ?
Happy new Year Wishes for all, just out of curiosity, I had in my mind to find out an answer for this question - Is drinking Hot water ? Cold Water ? Normal Water - good for ...

Girls which do you prefer?
slim toned bod or muscles im slim but started in ...

I want somethign sweet but don't want to ruin my diet?
Has anyone got any good recipes for a really nice dessert, but one which won't add on too many calories? And how do other people deal with their sweet tooth when they're trying to lose ...

foxy
What is the best way to lose weight safely?
i really want to lose weight and want to know what is the best way to do it

matriX رشوان

harry
Rating
if you really want to lose your weight don't worry.exercise daily with some hard workouts,drink fresh jucies.if you want more details view the website

origamimark
Very Slooooowly.

crazychick
Rating
Check out www.prevention.com this site allows you to enter you weight into a calculator and tells you how many calories you should cut back on to lose weight and can also tell you how many to eat to maintain weight..

If you join this site you can get great recipes and great ideas to exercise..

My guidelines to lose weight would be to eat healthy all the time and do alot of excersise and plenty of water...

Happy Murcia
Rating
Eat regular healthy nutritional meals, keep of the cakes etc and excercise regularly. Drink plenty of water too....

suzieb23
Check out these sites for great diet and exercise tips:

http://fitnesstipswired.blogspot.com/

http://toningupfast.blogspot.com/

Hope it helps!!!

spyralgyra
Rating
Low carb foods and exercise, exercise, exercise

jzalesky@att.net
Rating
If you want to lose weight the most healthy way is the Herbalife Shapeworks program. This stuff is great because you get great energy and at the same time you can lose up to 15 to 30 pounds in one month depending on how big you are and your body. Anyway you can get a free sample pack plus shipping costs that includes 3 days worth of samples and a DVD and several other packets of info on the products. Go to www.mydiet4u.com to order one and you will also be assigned a nutrition coach that walks you through everything and kinda is there to keep the boot in the rear to keep you true to the diet so that you see results and meet your goal. And the price all depends on how much weight your trying to lose or if you just want to gain energy. Just check it out you might like it. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Codynova
Rating
Stop eating things that are obviously bad for you and work out at least four time a week. The more cardio (running is the best) you do the better. It's all about sticking to it for the long haul if you want to be healthy. If you're losing more that three pounds a week the chances are you're being unhealthy.

heretohelp
Rating
one thing that people do which the SHOULDNT, is just stop eating,

the best thing to do is have breakfast, it only needs to be like a bowl of cereal or sumat

then have a little snack between your breakfast and lunch because this keeps your metabolism going therefore your body carries on burning calories

then eat something light for your lunch

another snack

then your tea

generally eat less for your meals and cut down your portions but make sure you do eat, because if you don't your body goes into survival mode and doesn't burn calories because it doesn't know when its next going to be fed

and well, just changing the way you eat isn't going to do it, exercise needs to be done! it has just been proved that walking is just as good as running, as long as your walking quite fast. So just go for walks around your local park for 30 mins everyday, instead of catching the bus, walk, instead of using escaltors/lifts, use the stairs! Or join a local club and find a sport you really like.

hope this helps :)

xxxx

XiaoZhen
Rating
Try low carb, low fat, high fibre, high protein, and exercise. The foods are low caloried, and yet filling and healthy. Brisk walking is great for burning body fats.

It is my lifestyle now. I am on low carb, low fat, high fibre, high protein and a hour brisk walk 5 times a week, and I have lost 31lbs/14kg and gained better health. I am now maintaining my 108lbs/49kg for more than a year, with more fruits and complex carbs.

Details such as my experience, meals, snacks, recipes, foods to buy, reading labels, walking as an exercise and to shape the body etc etc, are in my blog

Ms Eddy
Rating
I know slimming groups are not everyone's cup of tea but I joined Slimming World last January and have lost almost 3 stones.

What I love about SW is that you lose weight healthily, with guidance from your class leader who is trained in giving nutritional advice, the group provide great support and sharing ideas for meals and recipes is great too.

You can pretty much eat all your favourites, just in moderation and the plan really helps you make wise and healthy food choices as well changing the way you cook food and encouraging daily exercise from cycling, walking, gym to simple things like gardening and house work etc.

For great weight loss in a healthy, controlled and sustainable way I can't recommend Slimming World enough, it really does work and defintely worth a go.

To find your local class visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk and search using your post code, it will give the contact details for your local group's leader, just give them a call if you decide it's the route you want to take.

Oh, and good luck!

dijeet h
Rating
EAT LETTUCE AND DRINK GREAN TEA.

silviya
I think that the below website will help you to find the right solution.
Source(s):
http://www.healthopts.com

sxc_babi_buni
Rating
Heyya babe the same way as im doing cut all fizzy drinks and crisps and chocolate out but still eat properley but only have one snack during the day and make it fruit than ave breakfast lunch and dinner. and drink lots of water throu the day its helping me , hope it helps xx

kyant
Losing weight steadily is the best!

1) Eat more steam food, lean meat, vegies and fruits

2) Cut out the junk food, soda drinks and snacks

3) drink plenty of water / green tea

4) Exercise - look at combining weights and cardio into your program. you can look at alternating upper and lower body exercises without rest, say bicep curls, then lunges , rest and repeat. With cardio, try sprinting 100m, jog 100m and repeat.

Here's a review link to a program
http://www.squidoo.com/turbulencetrainingreviews/

5) Have 5-6 healthy meals a day(1 plate portions) to keep your body satisfied

6) if you have cravings drink water or eat fruits
here's an article to a healthy diet
http://lose-quick-weight.blogspot.com/2007/08/lose-quick-weight-eating-healthy-diet.html

7) have an action plan for long term goals, start off with small goals and increase it gradually over time.

Good luck

j b
Rating
Weight Watchers

KB
ITs the obvious answer of decreasing your intake of fatty foods, sugar, carbohydrates, and increasing your intake of protein, wholemeal foods, and importantly exercise!

There really is no miracle short cut... But I lost 5 stone and thats all I did and its never come back....

There's a website called www.sparkpeople.com which is free, you can input your stats, requirements etc and it'll give you a plan to suit your needs and exercises too...

But it's important to set realistic goals...My mate has tried dieting, but as she says I want to lose a stone in two weeks, or something ridiculous, when it doesnt happen she gives in defeated...I just decided, I wanted (and needed) to lose weight..I didnt even bother with a target time frame, just cut back on the rubbishy foods I was consuming, drank 6 or so glasses of water a day and before I knew it, maybe a month, I'd lost the first stone (mostly water retention etc) that really encouraged me and I'd say 18 months later, I'd lost 5 stone..that was two years ago now, I pretty much eat the same as everyone else, breakfast, something like porrige, or maybe boiled egg... lunch, wholemeal pitta with chicken, tuna, cottage cheese...and some fruit, dinner, usually grilled meat, potatoe's, veg... I still eat chocolate, I drink alcohol, but instead of those packed with sugar drinks, just chose slim line tonic and a mixer, like vodka or something....

Tell you one more thing...Women usually feel threatened by their friends losing weight...its like a fear you're gonna look hotter or something..They can try to tempt you into a chinese or pizza.. (mine did...they were used to me being the Big one)So, do not let others spoil your diet, maybe dont tell them, just as I said, eat enough, just the right stuff and keep your target weight in mind.. Good luck!

Clown Knows
1. Talk to your doctor.
2. Eat healthy and exercise.

BaddaBaddaBing
The best way is to eat healthy and plenty of exercise. Good luck.

T'witch
Rating
Cut down on bad foods. Eat more fruit and veg. Excercise. Simple!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy