Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How long after eating something can you get food poisoning?

I don't want to live this life and be this way anymore please help me!?
I'm 25 and I've struggled with my weight all my life. Ive suffered from two miscarriages and I currently weight 375lbs. I have trouble breathing, and I cant walk very far maybe two blocks ...

What can you eat to satisfy a sweet tooth in stead of chocolate?
looking for a healthy ...

I'm looking into becoming anorexic, Any Good tips would be appreciated?
I heard this is a GREAT way to lose those extra pesky pounds, It also makes your hair shiny and smooth, I am just too fat!! if you know of any links to any websites let me know, thanks ...

Are ramen noodles healthy?
im on a ...

Do I need to lose weight? and how do i?
i think i need to lose weight
im 12, 5'4, and weigh 145lbs.
but what is an easy way to do it?...

Will eating only eggs make me lose weight?

Tips on how to stop food cravings?? help!!?
do you have any tips for me because i say like "okay today im dieting" but within 2 hours im craving crisps,sweets,biscuits!!
i know a good tip is too get rid of all snacks in my ...

What is the easiest way to lose weight?

I Get Fat When I Exercise...Plz Help!!!?
I hate excerising, but whenever i excerise i just get fatter. I eat alot. Im not that Fat. But I need to Get in shape. Anything I can do? Without The pills and surgery??
Additional Details<...

Am I anorexic if I think I'm fat at 60 pounds, 4"11, and I eat 3 meals a day (1,400 calories)?
I have a stomach, and a big one, but I can see my ribs.
Additional Details
I am 14 years old....

Why is it im eating so much but im not putting on any wight?
I eat three meals aday but all the meals are fried and i am worryed im not putting any wight on....

What's a healthy weight for a girl who's 5'4 and 14.5 years old?

Is it ok to try throwing up for a few weeks to lose weight?
hi, im very over weight, im 23 5,11" in height and weigh about 23 stone, some scales cant read me

i hate how i look and feel fat

iv tried diets all the time but i always ...

Why are Americans getting fatter?
The US Center for Disease Control has stated that soon obesity will overcome smoking as the #1 preventable cause of death within the next 10 years. 8 years ago, 50% of the US was overweight or obese. ...

I want to loose weight but it is not working, what should i do???
Ok... im 13 and i weigh 104 pounds and im 5 feet 2 inches my bmi tests say im normal. But when i look in the mirror i c a fat person. I want to loose 10 pounds. My friends tell me to stop. Im purging,...

If you 're 5'8 how tall are you? get easy 10 points?

I need to lose about 10lbs fast. any tips.?

What are the best foods to eat to keep you full and help you lose weight?
I lost 45 pounds last year on diet pills and gained it all back quickly. Now I am determined to do this the right way. I am 17 years old, 5'7, and weigh 225. That is a lot. I really just want to ...

Am fat and sooo unhappy?
Am fat and sooo unhappy?
I'm 32 and weight 12 stones and 8lbs. I'm 5ft 8. with big bodyframe. My clothes size is 12/14. and bra size is 36DD. Is this fat???

I hate myself so ...

hello
What is the best food for breakfast?
My mother always told me to eat fruit first thing in the morning (before oats or cereal etc.) because it helps to clean out the digestive system and get it functioning for the day. Is this true? At the moment I am eating an egg on toast because I find when I eat protein in the morning, i feel fuller for longer..

What are YOUR suggestions for a healthy start to the day?

Jordin K
Cereal and fried toast with butter. Gives you energy and keeps you fuller for longer. Or toasted wheat bread with turkey!

john77
whatever keeps you thinking clearest and feeling best during the day

wifeymommy
Rating
oatmeal really is a good breakfast

MomOf3
I think your mother is a smart lady!

rth
Rating
For Breakfast I'll have anything tried and true to not make me tired. That's why I like a cold refreshing breakfast such as cereal and fresh fruit. A lot of fluids too. And, I'm with you, on the protein as long as you're active enough to not have a sedentary lifestyle.

cunry101
oatmeal, i usually have like 3 packets. i'll usually eat a peice of fruit and a vegetable for lunch.

Kenneth
try tokneneng... it is full of protien and add a little bit of sardines... da bist!!!!

MCR ADDICT
Rating
Special K cereal is awesome

Tickle*Me*Emo
A banana it has potassium, if your not full after just a banana add yogurt and possibly a little granola.

janiesheron
Rating
Sugar Frosted Flakes with added sugar!!!!! I love it...........but seriously, an egg bagel, with butter and jelly, yogurt, one egg , and glass of juice is a good way to start your day......

youngstunna7749
Rating
Something healthy, not some crap food like toaster strudels or similar things. I find that healthy cerial, with a multi-vitamen, and orange juice works very good for starting off the day.

Josie826
Rating
I have never heard that, but it makes sense. You are also right, eating a serving of protein in the morning gets your body going after a long night of no food and does help you to feel full longer, preventing you from eating junk.

.monk
egg with vegetables and cheese is good
your are correct protein is good takes time to digest fiber is good to fruit is good as long as it is not juice all the work of digesting is done bread is better if has fiber

Spaz don't know abt the banana in omelet oooo

bonbon
Rating
Oatmeal and fresh fruit!!!

pixiedustplease
Rating
They are both healthy..:)

If you feel better when you eat an egg on toast, than do it! I've also had people tell me that fruit is the best, but if I eat it alone I also get hungry before lunch!

Try eating both... An egg on toast and 1/2 cup of fruit is a very healthy breakfast.

cablejumper17
Rating
I'm basing my answer on my diet, which is roughly about a 350 calorie breakfast.

1/2 c. Fiber One cereal--Fiber fills you up and takes you all the way to lunch time! 60 cal.
1/2 c. skim milk for calcium, vit. A and D 45 cal.
1/2 c. blueberries/raspberries/or half a banana--fruit is excellent and provides you with vitamin C, 40-64 cal phytochemicals, fiber, and other good nutrients!
2 egg whites--protein does make you feel fuller longer 32 cal.
1 piece of high fiber toast 100 cal.
1-2 glasses of water

This may seem like a lot of food, but I'm a hungry guy! Feel free to mix and match to your specifications! Also, if you are eating a whole egg on toast, make sure that you limit the rest of your cholesterol consumption for the rest of the day since a yolk contains a good portion of your cholesterol for the day. Good luck with your breakfast!

I've also included the website below if you want to look up more breakfast foods.

Bigeyes
Oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins and a sprinkle of Cinnamon.
That's for breakfast.
Lunch would be a roasted turkey on rye with mustard, lettuce, tomato.
Dinner is Baked chicken with white rice and green beans. Wheat roll, tsp. of light butter.
You could have a salad with lunch and dinner. To drink water with a twist of lemon. Iced Tea with lemon or cup of hot tea.
Make sure you exercise every day and you will be in good shape!

ladydilpickle
Rating
Eating fruits does help with digestive system. But fruits are filled with natural sugars which can put your blood sugar levels all over the place. Which will make you crave food earlier then when your body is really hungry. Eating a fat and a protein is the best way to start your morning. So eggs (like you are doing) with a little bit of cheese. This will keep your blood sugar levels more stable and also like you said keep you fuller longer. If you still want a healthy digestive system, take some fruit for snacks in between meals, and whole grains and fiber.

Jasmin K
Rating
Bananas. always eat at least two bananas with milk. Bananas work your brain up and kills menolucalesio in your stomach. It also is proven to give you less stress during the day. it does clean the digestive system, plus, it also helps you run and make your muscles stronger. did you know that? when bananas mix with the cluteus in your body (mostly brain) it forms ammneseia that helps you get rid of pain or any type of tiredness

itonosato@sbcglobal.net
Rating
Lately, I've been eating carrots and a big cup of water for breakfast. But, I also like to eat cereal and some bread as well.

Lady Luck
The Incredible Edible Egg...Natures most perfect food. I eat eggs. Scrambled.

Prem
Rating
Chana & puri...best indian Break fast..you must try once....

S k y y
Rating
yogurt, granola, and strawberries in a cup! yum! filling and healthy too. :)

Netpal
Try couple of bread toast with fried eggs.

laffyduck!
Rating
pancakes, bacon and eggs with toast...mmmmmm
or a homemade bacon,cheese and eggs on a bagel.

Emma L
Rating
egg/cinnamon toast with fruit. (cinnamon contains a chemical that makes you stay less hungry all day)

Drakona
banana or a mushroom omelet with cheese

Andrew
Rating
an egg is good - make sure it is whole wheat or multigrain bread - then you are getting fibre. Have a small bowl of bran flakes or musli or raisin bran - total - something with the ' fibre ' in it. Have an orange juice or fruit punch and a peice of fruit

Matthew P
Rating
I'm afraid that the fruit idea is misguided. Most fruit contains roughage, which does indeed help clean out your system. However, it takes the better part of 9 hours to do this, and it spends at least a couple in the stomach beforehand. The only thing that affects the order you should eat in is personal taste.

Also, I would recommend at least two pieces of small fruit, some cereal, and a bit of dairy, preferably milk, cheese or yogurt. Butter and margarine don't count.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy