Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What [type of] foods keep you full longer than others (but ones that taste good ;] lol)?
im not obese or anything i just eat when im bored for some reason or when I just have nothing else to do..

its so annoying i dont wanna gain weight!

im thinking that maybe if i ...

How many calories dose 100 calories burn?

How do i resist food at a party?
im going to a party for track, and im guessing its pizza. I dont wanna eat it cuz im trying to loose 5 pounds. pizza will not help that!!

how do i resist it?...

Where are triceps ?
are your triceps muscle just above your elbow?
Additional Details
is it like just above elbow or just a way up? thanks :)...

Do you think it's weird if someone walks on the treamill with their eyes closed?
Because I do, and I feel so silly.
:)...

Why is soda bad for your body?
not diet soda... just regular. i heard one time that it damages your brain cells. is this true? and what are the other effects of drinking to much?...

I need to lose 40 pounds in 3 months ?
what a fast way before basic training?
Additional Details
its to go into the army please help ...

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday?
Is it healthy if I ate Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday for breakfast AND lunch (with a cup of milk)? It's quick, easy, cheap, and good.

I use Smucker's Goober S...

I want to lose about 5 to9 pounds and I am considering fasting. Is that safe?
I am not overweight but I am dangerously close for my height. I want to stay healthy....

Some fun facts about breakfast tht i can say in a presentation?
I have to motivate people to eat ...

I am 5'5'' and i weigh 102 pounds is that over weight?

I need to lose weight fast!! Can someone tell me something that works?
I need help and advice how to lose about 15 to 20 pounds in 30 days and i am 130lb. ...

Can anorexia effect my body?
i dont want to hurt my body, but i think this might be a last resort. i know this might make me unhealthy but it is the only way i can think of to lose weight. HELP!...

When on a serious diet, what are the best liquids to drink everyday? And which vitamins?

How can i lose some weight fast?
I have a big dance coming up, and i want to look nice. So i need to lose some weight, ive changed my diet and started working out more but nothing has happened. Any suggestions?...

Is lemonade Healthy Or Not?

Is a womens size 12 fat?
i have just asked this girl out not long ago..and all she keeps saying is shes fat.she a size 12 and would like to be a 10..but i keep telling her she not fat...

so could you please tell ...

How to loose weight without exercise and dieting?

Should I do situps?
I am fat. I am 30 pounds overweight and most of my fat is on my belly. If I do situps will it just make my fat pop out more. I just started going to the gym 3 days ago and I have been doing the step ...

How do I get motivated to go running?
Last year I ran or walk every day, and really enjoyed it. For 2 months now I haven't done anything....

Jasmine
What is an alternative to drinking water? If any.?
I need to drink plenty of water because of the amount of exercise I do. Also, it is good to drink several glasses a day. I can drink plenty of water when I'm thirsty (such as after the gym) but through out the day, I cannot bring myself to drink even one glass full without it giving me nausea.

What can I add to the water (without turning it into juice) to make it worth drinking? Or what other alternatives are there for those who just simply can't stand drinking water but must?

TPhi
Rating
Crystal Lite has flavor packets that you can add to water. It is usually sold in the same section that Kool-aid is sold in the grocery store. It's sugar free too.

lisab
Rating
Have you tried any of the flavored water? I forgot what they are called. Or you can maybe add crystal lite or kool aid.

mlgable
Rating
Try Dasani flavored waters as they are awesome. Also consider adding a slice of lemon to your water like they do in the restaurants. Crystal light to go packs are great too.

BadGirlGimpy
Water should not make you nauseous.
(Are you drinking from the fauset??? Try bottled water)
You should drink water when you're thirsty and with your meals. Don't drink anything else, and your body will get used to it.

DON'T drink juice--- Yea, It is better than soda sure, but it still contains a lot of sugar, artificial colorings, and flavors, ascorbic acid etc..........

If you can't do that, you can:
Drink tea with HONEY.
or
Pure Coconut Water -----(Not coconut milk)----- (you can find a good one in your local health food store)

forever&after
I keep a glass of water at my desk, a bottle in my handbag, etc so that I always have water handy. Water really is the best thing for you, but gulping it down just to get a certain number of glasses in does take away from it.

You could try adding crystal light packages into your water, they come in handy little to-go pouches, have o cals and taste pretty good.

Gladys C
crystal lite or try gator aide. good luck and best wishes.

)tomorrow(
crystal light is awesome! and only like 5 calories per serving.

louis h
Rating
if your water is making you nauseous - then it is the water - try bottled or purified water. I had that trouble here. I ended up having to get Culligan's because the tap water made me nauseous.

Todd C
Obviously water is the best beverage to keep you hydrated and flush your system. Maybe try squeezing a little lemon or orange into the water just to give it some flavor without turning it into juice? Citrus fruits really help to give it a bit of flavor and remove any aftertastes that may come from chemical treatments, piping systems, etc.
Aside from that, any non-caffeinated, sugar-free beverage will help you stay hydrated and flush your system. Many herbal teas are caffeine free and don't need to be sweetened to make them drinkable. Even diet sodas (again, caffeine-free) are better than drinking nothing at all, or drinking empty calories or diuretics like caffeinated beverages. Hope this helps.

zzeetop
Rating
you could try water mixers ie cordial or gatorade, something like that to keep you hydrated

Prosperous Parent
Rating
There is no alternative to the benefits to drinking pure water.

karen
Rating
Lemon or lime juice - to taste.

I like gatorade and can water it down to lower the sugar content.

Some people like flavored sparkling water.

I also find that using a straw helps.

kate M
Try sparkling water, is good if you have nausea.

DC Bob
Rating
A teaspoon of lemon juice makes it more refreshing.
Same for vinegar.
Any other acidic juice would work also.

This is my help from Washington, D.C. USA.

xorenée
Rating
Vitamin water, or SOBE's Life water.
Both yummmm

}{PurpleLipz}{
I know what ya mean. Try adding a little lemon juice to it? Or those little flavor packets that are sold near the Kool-Aid section at the store.

infinate XOXOs
are u guys still there....hahaha two points

G
Rating
100% juice like grape juice apple juice or orange juice.

unsweetened iced tea -- green or regular.

❀'MaKeUp' YoUr MiNd❀
Rating
i get the same thing! if im not thirsty, i feel like im going to throw up or i just feel nauseas! its weird! i thought i was the only one! well im staring this question to help me! thanx!

mommy
Rating
beer!! lol

Aimee B
I drink water, but it must have ice in it or be very very cold, oterhwise I cannot stand it. But fresh brewed iced tea is my drink of choice. Just poil a pan of water, pop in 10 tea bags (tagless are best) turn off the water, steep for 5-10 minutes and pour it into a gallon container filled with water. To keep the tea interesting alternate the taste. For blueberry or peach tea replace 2 of the tea bags for the flavored. Trust me just two tea bags for a total of 10 (8 orange pekoe, 2 peach or..).
The iced tea for me must have ice in it as well. Calorie free and refreshing!!
But you can also pop a slice of lemon or lime in the glass of water (with ice) instead

Charles E
We get liquid from the food we eat. Eat soups and fruit and vegetables. Just drink a couple of glasses early AM, between 6 and 8 before eating and during breakfast another glass, and one before leaving the house. I did this when I cleaned peoples' houses for six hours. Drink one glass at, and in between, meals: but no more unless live in hottest desert or playing basketball.
***When about to start a heavy sport, drink one quart, followed by one glass every 15 minutes during the game, then most definitely need a lot of water afterwards- because your muscles are heated and remain so for 24 hours, synapsing and using up water, so after basketball or tennis singles, need two to three quarts after.
Nausea can be from cold drinks, or from water-logging yourself, or- dehydration.. Tepid water absorbs' best or no too cold from the tap.
My microbiology instructor told me that if the water you drink has sugar in it, the stomach cannot absorb it, thus it is unusable by the body to help the system be hydrated. Spread the word.
A 4 year-old almost got kidney failure because she kept drinking soda for two days in the hot summer-time without supervision and had to go to E.R.- Dehydrated, and almost shut-down of function in kidneys. The body dies' after two days without water.
Eat right, while exercizing to keep strength up- also, you may be getting an ulcer or other digestion problem.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy