Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

My PE teacher is going to make me run a mile every friday hes rough on us & im out of shape what can i do?
i get tired pretty ...

How long would it take to starve to death?

Is 160 pounds overweight for a person who is 5"1?

Additional Details
the truth is I dont really know how to actually loose weight. I cant drive so I dont have access to a gym, dont have the money for a personal trainer, love soda, cant ...

Best way to lose weight?
please help. i would like to lose 10 or 15 lbs. i have no time limit. everytime i do the repetive"diet and exercise" i work my a$$ off and see no progress. Please help....

How long does it take for your stomach to get flat?
im excercising every night, i eat lots of fruits and vegetables, and i eat every 3 hours. So when will i have a flat belly?...

300 calorie a day diet?
i know its not healthy but how much weight would i lose if i did this for a month?

iv tried so hard to lose weight... im 9 stone and 5ft 6inches... but it just wont budge...

Are fat people really this clueless?
Yes, I am going to pick on overweight and obese people, please feel free to defend yourselves because I am so curious. When ever I go to the grocery store and compare the people to the foods in their ...

I have food intolerances and I am going on a trip. What can I eat on the plane???? 10 points for best answer!?
Hi,
I am 16 and in good shape. I weigh about 130 pounds, and I was recently diagnosed with IBS, becuase my doctor couldnt find anything else wrong with me...
But, she recommended that I cut ...

How much do you weight? and whats your height?

Advice needed. Pics Included. EASY 10 POINTS!?
Will i look better if i lose weight?

http://www.flickr.com/ph http://www.flickr.com/ph
I am slightly bloated in these ...

When your pregnant can you work-out in a gym?
I am pregnant and bigger then my normal size because i kind slacked off on my exercizing i didnt have the money to renew my membership so tax time is comeing up and i figured out im pregnant so can ...

How do you get will-power when faced with a buffet of loads of lovely food?

How do I loose weight?
Hey guys I am not lazy or unmotivated. I just work two jobs one from 9-5pm and the other from 6-2am. Almost everyday. The days that I am off I try to go for a run but mostly I just sleep. I know that ...

How Can i Loose 8 Pounds Soon?
ok,, my heighth is 5,2"
and i weigh 111 pounds,
i used one of those weight charts and it said i am supposed to weigh 103 pounds, so i really need to loose weight, but how??
will ...

Should I lose weight???
I am a 21 year old female. I am 5'6" and I weight 160 pounds. I am a 36 DD with a 32" waist and 42" hips. I am considered to have a large frame based on a wrist measurement. I ...

Low self-esteem, too afraid to go to gym?
I have very little self confidence when it comes to my body shape. I think I am a little towards the"fat" side even though my friends keep telling me I am not.

The thing is, I ...

Is diet pop bad for you?

~Weigh Her Please!~?
If your 14 yr. old daughter is 220 something pounds is that counted as fat , thick , or overweight?...

Is coffee bad for health?

Anorexia or not?
Say a person goes a few months eating very little in efforts to lose weight (say, under 1,000 calories per day except for a few normal eating days here and there) then has no problem taking a month ...

mr. fancy pants
What happens to your body if you don't eat meat?
anyone?

life still not fair
Rating
YOU WIL BE SKINNY AS F***

:D
well not eating meat is bad

cuz your mody needs protein.

veggitarians eat nuts

so they can achieve protein.

Christ K Humanist "Happy H
Rating
There are innumerable health benefits of eating meat, to say, for example, it serves as a fabulous source of high quality proteins, which a single vegetarian food is not able to provide. It contains all the essential amino acids that the body requires.

The red meat contains very high quantities of iron, when compared with plant origin foods. 100 grams of Liver contains 6000 mcgm of iron as against 325 mcgm in 100-gram carrots. Read further to explore information about the advantages of eating meat…

The phosphorus content present in meat gets much more easily absorbed than that present in cereals and legumes. This is owing to the fact that cereals and legumes contain phosphorus, usually in the form of phytic acid that must be hydrolyzed before absorption. Meat also serves as the main source for the intake of vitamin B12.

Though meat is rich in nutrients, but, there are certain things that meat lacks in. It doesn't contain any kind of fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system in order. Also it is very high in saturated fats, thus it is recommended to eat meat, but in moderate quantities.

Preserved meats like ham, bacon, salami etc should be avoided, as they are very high in terms of fats, salts, nitrites and nitrates that are often held responsible for causing cancer. It is recommended to eat not more than 60-75 grams of meat per day and not more than thrice a week.

You will feal weak , if you don't eat meat.

rebecca :)
i was a vegetarian for a few months,
and i started getting really tired and exhausted easily.
i don't know if that had anything to do with eating meat,
but after i started eating it again i've been fine

Key Lay
Rating
Well your gonna get less protein and u need protein and iron also..... Idk i dont see why people should go vegetarian at all. Seriously if u think about it if animals could eat us they would. So why shouldnt we do the same? No point in favoring something that would definatly do it to us. Its stupid if u think about it.

wizbangs
Rating
You become smaller in stature, your skin is pale and you can become anemic (which means you will have less energy) unless you find some alternative source. This usually means A LOT of legumes (beans). Many vegetarians don't eat enough of these and you can tell by looking at them.

There is a reason that predators are strong, fast and nimble.

lover boy 212
notjing really if u eat the right fruits and vegeas nuts to but u might feel a little week at first

volata_bionda
Rating
Your body will get weak. It will be harder to gain any muscle. And you will feel weak.

psalms23
Rating
you will lose weight and you have to find protein in bugs and in protein powder. You need meat. On a spiritual level it helps you fight against the enemy during spiritual warfare!

sk8ergirl0330
if you're becoming a vegetarian, and you stay one for a long time (like 10 years), then when you do eat meat again, you will get really sick.

however, as long as you have another source of vitamin B12 and protein in your diet, nothing will happen to you except maybe your farts will smell different

wannabefree
nothing

kate
Rating
I'm a vegan, and am pretty healthy myself :) As long as you replace the protein and iron found in meat with some other food rich in protein (as in nuts, beans, tofu, eggs (though I don't eat eggs)) you will be fine. You may want to take an iron suppliment though, as those who do not eat red meat sometimes tend to be iron deficient.

Miss May =]
Rating
As long as you get the right stuff elsewhere (such as fat) then nothing.. look up what food groups meat comes into and makes sure your getting enough of them (such as protien etc)

Brian D
Iron, B12, and Omega-3 fatty acid deficiencies.

It's possible to supplement all of these with vitamins though. Otherwise vegetarians statistically are healthier then the carnivores.

jeff
You lose muscle or body mass from lack of protein.
But if you can find something else that has protein then you dont really need meat.

Randall
It gains strength and stamina. I've been vegan all my life. You can do better without meat. Mohammed Allee generally did not eat meat except just before a fight. He needed he meat to be mean.but he need the stamina to keep fighting while the other was tired out.

Hottiebabe.
Rating
I don't eat meat.

Youre body will just become weaker as you won't be able to build many proteins.

To build the needed proteins, you must take in other sources such as nuts and soy instead of meats.

il-rummana
You start to crave it? I don't know what you mean but If you're saying that you will never eat protein then thats totally bad! Your body will automatically break sown its own stored muscle and use it for energy, BUT cutting red meat is totally healthy (reduce Blood pressure, cholesterol..) Just replace it with lean grilled chicken (no skin because it contains 70% fat !!) And fish like salmon, mackerel.. or soy products like edamame..

MC2
Depends on what else you eat..if you dont eat meat, you will be at a loss for protein and could end up being anemic (blood disorder linked to protein and low weight) but if you substitute foods like peanut butter/nuts, dairy products, and other protein rich foods, you can live without meat. Vegetarians and vegans can actually have a very healhy despite not eating meat. I personally eat very little meat and only Chicken and Shrimp if I do and I am fine....

McCain '08
Nothin as long as you find anoter way of getting protein.

☮ Live, Laugh, Love.
Your poop doesn't smell. You have less body fat. Your body is more clean on the inside. Your skin is clearer.

sam_dunk_the_funk
Rating
meat contains protein which builds musle and repairs any cuts or scrapes so if u do weight training it will not be as effective and it takes longer to heal cuts. but if u like nuts and other high protein foods then u will be fine

Sai2301
your blood becomes healthier because the levels of cholesterol starts to deplete..which means your overall health will improve..its normal to feel weak a bit on the first week or so(because multiple inner organs of yours are getting used to the new combination of nutrients from your new diet and it starts to detox itself too since vegetarian food always have more minerals and antioxidants but you will get used to it provided you exercise regularly and take a wide variety of dairy foods(especially fortified ones),fruits and veggies in moderate portions then you will see that your overall body health improves..take it slow ok...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy