Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I'm 5'7 122 pounds... is this a good weight???
I'm 5'7 122 pounds... is this a good weight??? I run 3-4 times a week to stay toned....

Do you think I eat a lot?
I weigh 98 pounds and am 5'2''. I think I eat like a pig and way too much. Okay so today I ate:

breakfast; a cup and a half of cereal with 1% milk.

lunch; 2 mini ...

Am I fat? Plz Be honest?
I am 12 years old I am 5 feet tall and i weigh 100 pounds am i fat please be honest i wont report you if you have a mean comment I want to know the truth ?
P.S My dad says it is because I have ...

What is a good snack to eat that doesn't make you fat even if you eat a lot of it?
When i come home from school i am starving. What can I eat that is good for you and tastes good?...

Is 150 lbs healthy for a 12 year old girl?
5"3, 12 years....

is that good
or overweight...
Additional Details
IM SORRY ITS 105 LBS!!!!!!...

I know i have an eating disorder- who should i tell??
i'm 15 years old, 5'3" and 110 pounds. i know i'm not underweight or anything, but at first it seemed to be thrilling to fast for days, and now i realize im addicted and its ...

Do you think i'm fat? picture inside?
http://s226.photobucket.
also, how much do you think i weigh, i'm 5'4.
Additional Details

My weight...ideal ? underweight ? overweight ?
i am 5 foot 5
8 stone 2/3

I am addicted to pepsi what can i do?
i crave it and actually feel bad and grouchy when i dont have any i drink 20 ounces or more a day if i hv ...

Am I overweight?
I'm 5'4 or 5'5 and I weigh 126lbs. Am I overweight? And if I am, how can I loose a bit of weight? This is seriously getting to me!

Btw I'm 13....

What are some CARDIO things i can do to burn mega fat?
CArdio.. no weights. ...

My teacher called me fat..?
today at school my health teacher was talking to us about eating disorders and like then when he got to talking about annorexia hes like i used to think lexi was borderline annorexic because last ...

God! I'm fat! Help!?
I NEED to lose weight before school starts! Majorly badly. My mom says that I'm very fat, and she refused to take me shopping. I'm so depressed. I'm 5 feet and 5 inches. I weight 133 ...

AM i FAT =( ?
Im 13
> Im 5'4''
> I weigh between 110 and 117 lbs
> im a size 2 in jeans
> i play soccer, volleyball, tennis, badminton, golf, football (with my dad ...

How many calories should i eat daily to lose weight?
im 18
133 lbs
5'5

i workout 6 days a week at the gym
alternating between:
35 minutes elliptical at 180 rpm, weight training
and
30 minutes elliptical at ...

How much weight should i lose(pic)?
Im 5'4 and 101 lbs
how much weight should i lose ..
and how can i losee it fasst b4 skoo starts which is ( 8-27- 08)

http://www.flickr.com/ph...

If you dont eat for a week can you drop a dress size?

Do you think 13 is too young to be working out?
My friend works out.
Additional Details
I am a girl not a guy....

What if your 102 pounds and you lose 50 pounds is that good or bad?
Is it good or ...

Losing weight HELP?!?
my goal is to lose about 28 pounds or at least some weight. can everyone please help me? i need some easy way and no im not gonna stop eating or any stupid dangerous way. so i love to swim but im ...

claire g
What can i do to take my mind off food?
please give me some good ideas!!
Additional Details
i am not hungry, just bored and feel like snacking!

skippy
Rating
chew chewing gum, excercise, smoke lol, call a friend, and ask your self before you eat do i really need this? am i actualy hungry? and have the control to say NO!

jeremy w
Think of more food lots of food cuz thats what fat people do yes your fat and you will have to deal with it fatty god will be mad. Turkey sandwich!!!

sarrah**
Rating
get urself busy in other stuff like reading...watching tv or listening to music...

Roberto J
boys

Ahsin S
Rating
find a hobby, play games. read a book. go out.:D

rendlesham86
Rating
start smoking

>_<
Rating
Drink lots of liquid.Preferably water or juice.It fills you up so your not hungry.It really helps if your like me and your not necessarily hungry you just see something that looks good.If your stomach is full of liquid you won't want any food.

hlstream987
Rating
Ask and answer on Answers-that's what I do! I'm on the special K challenge and want to eat sooo bad but bucuz I'm determind to lose a jean size in 2 weeks, I do other things like take my baby for walk. If its rainy I ask and answer q's on here!

ellie
think about boys
that helps me alot
:)

booper
Sip an herbal tea (don't add sugar) Or when you feel the urge, snack on crunchy things like celery or apples. Your mouth will be busy and the mindless snacking won't hurt your diet.

hypothetically speaking...
Rating
KEEP BUSY!! Have a low-fat thing next to you like raisins or crackers or something you wouldn't really go out of your way normally to eat, but it won't make you fat if you pig out on them in front of the tellie... Also just drink lots, especially fizzy drinks, they'll fill you up real quick. :) x

FRANK B
then eat got on girl get your head in the fridge its full of goodies dare you

Kelsey C
Rating
I used to snack all the time in classes and i got in lots of trouble so i had 2 find a way to stop. I find gum is good, lipton ice tea is also a personal favourite. You just need to be careful with the gum, because it is a laxitive. another thing i do while at home is clean my teeth after eating because i don't like to eat while the minty taste of tooth paste is in my mouth. distraction is another good tip find something to do like read a book. do a sudoku, go for a walk or a run. i also eat before i go to the mall or supermarket so im not tempted to buy extras.
good luck you will find a way, its just gaining more self disipline.

Lily B Talus
Answer questions on here, but not in the diet section.

Sai2301
go for a jog...window shopping or just turn on some music and keep dancing!

jaxs921
Rating
Do some kind of physical activity for 10 to 15 minute. You might feel like continuing longer and you won't be hungry or think about food or even feel like snacking

crazy girl
Rating
this should work
http://www.rotten.com/

crazysk8tr15
Rating
read a book, take a nice walk outside, go to the gym, go out somewhere with friends not food related

http://mytotalfitness.blogspot.com/

fuzzie
Find activities/hobbies you love that you can become engrossed in. Read interesting novels more often, play your favorite video game, go on a bike ride, hike or walk. Go on a little adventure with a friend. Also, avoid things that make you think about food such as images of food, browsing your kitchen, looking at recipes online, etc. Everytime you think about it, just force it out of your mind.

Graham A
Rating
Eat? cottage cheese on toast is always nice

adam d®
Rating
chew gum

You cant eat whilst chewing

zwijn
Rating
Reading and chewing gum. Not sure if you're a student, but I am; so, studying on campus instead of at home definitely does it for me.

Melanie
I'm a constant snacker. I chew gum usually. Or drink water with a bit of flavoring in it.

Otherwise, if you're not really hungry, but feel like snacking..try rice cakes. They're so light that they don't really fill you up, and they're fat free n such so you won't gain anything.

twilight.x
Rating
Im the same way, I just cant keep my mind off food!
Haha, :].
Anyways, I found the solution.
I usually listen to my iPod for about 15-20 minutes.
When Im done, I totally forget about wanting to eat.
Also, read a book.
I know, you might not like to read, but it really helps.
Honestly, when youre done you'll be thinking so much about what happened in the book [or what happens next] that you wont think about eating!
Exersizing is also susposto help too.
The trick is to just be distracted.
Ya know that the brain waves that tell you your hungry and make you want to eat? Well, you might have thought that the only way to stop these 'signs' is to eat, but actually music and reading have the same effect! I read that in a diet book [Dr. Oz]. Wierd, huh?

Anyways, good luck.

TsanGwanWai - Jason Chan
Rating
Watch 'Two Girls One Cup.' You'll find it on google.

~Love, Belief, Faith~
Rating
I have the SAME problem. If I'm bored - I eat. If I'm sad - I eat. If I'm happy, guess what - I eat. So, what I've done is bought myself little snack packs of baby carrots, sugar snap peas, other fruits and veggies and instead of reaching for chips or cookies - I grab fruit or veggies. It makes me feel like I'm still eating something, but without the guilt trip afterward

Also to keep your mind off of it when you are bored - try to find a hobby (drawings, cleaning, walking, etc.) If you're doing more then you will think about food less. Good luck!

maverick9465
Rating
One quote I really like is, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." That helps me.

Glitter-Girl
Rating
Brush Your Teeth
When you feel the urge to eat come on, head for the bathroom and brush your teeth with peppermint flavored toothpaste. After brushing your mouth will feel so clean and minty, you'll have lost the desire to eat anything. Plus, it's a great way to keep your teeth and gums in tip top shape.

Call a Friend
Sometimes you end up overeating and binge eating in response to loneliness and boredom. Break the cycle of isolation by calling a friend for a quick chat. If the conversation is lively enough, you'll often forget that you ever had the urge to eat.

Play With a Child or Pet
This is another technique to use if you feel like you can't stop eating. Again, this relieves the social isolation that can lead to overeating. Plus, you'll be getting exercise that'll help you burn those excess calories.

Take a Long Bubble Bath
When you feel like you can't stop eating, head for the bathroom and draw a warm, soapy bubble bath. Play some soft music and completely immerse yourself in the experience. When you emerge from your fragrant bath, all thoughts of eating will be gone.

Clean the House
A bit of productive exercise that accomplishes a purpose is an effective means of offsetting the desire to overeat. You'll also burn calories and will have a sense of accomplishment when you complete the task.

Listen to Some Lively Music at High Volume
Sometimes the sound of upbeat music played at a good volume, can break your thoughts and desire for food. Even better, get out your dancing shoes and get your body in motion. You'll soon feel revived and the thoughts of food will have vanished.

Healthy Helen
Rating
Firstly, many people mistake hunger for thirst. Always carry a bottle of water (no need for expensive Evian, just get a bottle and refill it from the tap). I persoanlly have two, and always keep one in the fridge, so that one is always ice cold
Next step - chewing gum. Very strong stuff as well, such as Airwaves (for helping you breath with a cold). Two at once, and the strong flavour puts you off eating food.

julieknowsbest
Take up a hobby, something that involves doing something with your hands, like painting or knitting or something like that. Also I have found drinking a glass of water when I feel snakcy really helps me :) Go for a quick walk, just stay away from the snacks if you don't want to eat!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy