Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Does decaf coffee stunt your growth?
Will decaf coffee stunt your growth?...

Am I overweight for my age/height?
I'm female.
I'm 5'7
I just turned 15
I weigh 163...

Im feeling suicidal someone please help me?
my email is lilmisssun22@yahoo.co.uk for any1 willing to ...

How do i seriously lose 100 pounds as quickly as possible?
i have a lot of stress which makes me gain weight...i say this because i don't eat a lot. mostly on the weekends. but i drink too.
Additional Details

Am I fat(with pictures)?
at all.even 1 lb overweight dont try to be nice.be as brutal as possible(but be honest and nice) what do you think?

http://www.myspace.com/S...

If one has eaten lots of junk in a day will it make up for it if this one goes for a long walk?

Is she fat at all please answer?
my friend is 5''2 and she is 135 pounds and she is 13 years old is she over ...

Is it true that people who are thin feel the cold more?

Is buttered popcorn fattening?
I dont like popcorn without butter , so dont tell me that option.
Just these microwave popcorn bags, do they have a lot of fattening calories?...

5'4'', 126 lbs, size 6. is this fat?
i feel fat, but i dont know if this is fat.
i'm 14, by the way.
please, be honest.
i know bmi calculators say that it's healthy or normal or whatever, but is it fat?...

What happens if I starve myself?
will i loose any weight
if i starve myself from today ( 7/28 ) until Sunday ( 8/3 )
or for like 3 weeks ?
or what can happen?
Additional Details

Am i fat[look in details]?
i weigh 120 somethign puonds
and 5'5
and ppl call me fat
but many call me normal and no ur not fat
i dont have a stomach at all
but i do have thighs
and that pisses ...

What is the quickest way to lose weight ??

Should you eat breakfast even if your not hungry?
please only answer if you know!?...

Im only eating fruits and fat free yogurt for 3 months now?
am i going to be okay?
im 15 in june btw)...

How can you put on wait when your skinny even if you eat allot?
i eat allot although i just dont put on wait....

CAn you tell me your age,height, and weight, Plz?

Which people disgust you more: fat people or shallow people who judge them by their appearance?

How do u lose 5 pounds a day?

Help! me! why do u exercise with music & why?
OK SO IM DOING A SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT & I ALOT OF PEOPLE TO TELL ME WHY U CHOSE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE U EXERCISE! & WHY!
THANKS ILOVEU!...

iheartjesus2727
What are the best foods to eat to keep you full and help you lose weight?
I lost 45 pounds last year on diet pills and gained it all back quickly. Now I am determined to do this the right way. I am 17 years old, 5'7, and weigh 225. That is a lot. I really just want to be healthy because I know the risk that come with a bad diet and unhealthy lifestyle...

MY QUESTION IS: I have stretched my stomach out so much that I am constantly hungry. I drink tons of water and have tried herbal teas but I still want food. I know I need self control, but I would like some healthy options for when I do get hungry. I would prefer they be low-cal and low-carb if possible. Thanks!
Additional Details
EDIT: The diet pills were the Doctor's Diet Pills

Sara K
Rating
I feel your pain, girl. Kashi makes a great cereal called Go Lean Crunch- I mix that with plain yogurt, it tastes really good and fills you right up. You can add fruit to it too, if you want. You can also do this with granola, but keep an eye on the calorie content- some granolas are surprisingly fattening. Good luck, and remember: take it slow, make eating right a habit not a choice, and you'll keep the weight off this time.

Missy
Try eating foods packed with protein and fiber.
An apple with Adams natural peanut butter is really good for you as a snack.
Try the South Beach Diet. They have good recipes for low carb foods that are bearable to eat.

blockboxcube
scrambled eggs

Chris G
Sub sandwiches and fruits/veggies because they are healthy and low in fat.Subs have wheat and veggies and vitamins and minerals in it and it is low in fat and calories but it fills you up quickly.

Mitch M
Sepcial K :)

Special K for breakfast, special K For Lunch. And a normall Dinner.

My Ex lost so much weight doing this

candyman
Rating
just drink more

Emily
protein shakes

cupcake
Rating
In addition to the water and tea, eat a lot of vegetables like lettuce, carrots and brocoli, without cheese. You can dip them in salad dressings like oil and vinegar. This will keep you feeling full until your stomach starts to shrink and you eat less. Good luck and that's great you're doing it without the pills.

MacC1windmill
Rating
It depends individually, slim people .

QueenServilla
Rating
Fruit and salads are good to eat to satisfy in-between meals...

If you say away from any white food you should be fine....

Charity
Rating
good luck honey...follow the us food pyramid...they have good ideas for eating healthily! just google U.S. food pyramid!

mobiuslemniscus
Rating
I've stretched my stomach numerous times, too. It's really tough to get it back, but you have to be vigilant.

One of the biggest keys to a shrinking tummy...moderation. Eat small amounts at more intervals. Have a cup of oatmeal.Then a couple hours later, have a handful of grapes. Later, a smoothie/slimfast...get my gist? Small amounts.

And watch what the nutrition facts have to say. Go for high fiber foods... my favorite cereal is Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters. It's delicious, makes even skim milk taste good, and has 44% of the fiber you need in a day, with relatively low carb content (only 15%).

Get excercise, too. Find a treadmill and do an uphill grade walk for 30 minutes a day. Take it farther if you want; weights, aerobics, yoga...but get that walking in. Try low fat foods, soy products, and plenty of veggies. Don't drink a TON of water at once...but remember to stay hydrated all the time.

Green tea will help fat metabolism, as will anything citrus. Try having oranges in the mornings.

Take care.

slurper
Rating
fruit and veggies. yeah it gets annoying to eat them all the time but eat apple pieces with peanut butter (its better than eating something like oreos lol). eat stuff like celery sticks, raisins, and things that are sweet but are that "natural sugar". carbs fill you up but they are bad for you so stay away from them (why do you think celebrities always avoid carbs). also, when you eat try to cut/divide your food into smaller pieces and drink water in between to fill up your stomach faster! have you heard of the master cleanse/lemonade diet? i hear you don't "feel" hungry. i haven't tried it tho but it's also supposed to clean out your insides. theres a book about it (and it's really cheap).
also, lots of exercise! remember that. . .it't the best way to get your stomach into a nice toned shape.

do you mind if i ask what diet pills you used?

Gaildarling
Rating
High fiber, low glycemic index foods.

Look for foods with around 5g of fiber. They are way more filling and keep you satisfied.

iwill
Rating
try oatmeal. also cereal such as cheerios, fruit loops, shredded wheat and a banana for breakfast or a whole grain lowfat low carb bagel with 2 tsp fat free cream cheese spread ( i like strawberry and blue berry) use fat free milk. if you have to each week move from low fat, then 2 % , then far free so you get used to the taste difference easier.------------ for lunch try a salad and a graham cracker spreaded with 1 tsp. lowfat peanut butter . or 1 can drained tuna in water with 1/2 tsp of mayo and mustard with a few fat free crackers and a pack of raisins. or a 98% free turkey or ham sandwich meat on wheat bread with honey mustard & lettuce.

i love k
Rating
Fruit and veggies and walk walk walk and Good Lick.....

ben t
Rating
Just remember moderation and a little exercise

♥The Jr.♥
Rating
well when your hungry, eat vegtables!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM JUNKY FOOD!!!
have a pancake for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and a salad and spagetti for dinner, jog 3-4 times a week!!!!!!

mickie12321
Slimfast,,seriously,it tastes so bad, you wouldn't want to eat.

tomthumb21
Rating
I found high protein foods help like small amounts of nuts (almonds where good but becareful nuts are high in fat but good fats) yoghurt low fat,
And fibre helps fruit,vegeies.
Exercise helps too.
I know its hard stick with and you will get there.
Good luck

folklore
Stay away from refined sugars, especially first thing in the morning. Try blending drinks from fresh fruit and veggies. Eat whole grain and plenty of raw fruit and veggies. Drink skim milk.

couyon
Eggs are a great tummy filler. They are packed with many vitamins. Boil a couple in the morning.... you will not be hungry for several hours. Milk is another great source for what your body needs. Has lots of vitamins that satisfys you immediatly. And the impact of milk with the benefits of calcium and all its vitamins helps you to lose weight if you work just a little more each day to increase you cardiovascular system. i.e. do some type of exercise. Don't race out and try to do something you are not use to. Do a little every day. Put your mind set at working towards one little thing at a time. The more you do, the more you will get use to. I am 50 years old, have always been small in a sense. But when I passed up 45 years of age I saw things changing alot in my body and harder to do and get rid of in the weight department.
You don't have to go out there and kill your self the first day. Take a little at a time, at your own pace. If you do this, you will find that every day (almost every day) gets just a little easier with the muscles that you use. Like I said, I am almost 50 and my best way to keep spry is to stay alive and kicking

Orlando57
brown rice lots and tea whole grains

azmarante27
I'm around your age and around your height too. I lost about 10 pounds through this method and I'm in the process of loosing more. =) I mentioned some food I ate and some other exercise tips just in case.

Tip 1. Take a deep breath and don't think, "I need to loose 100 pounds." Rather think, "I need to loose a pound a week." And stick to that. If you think about long term goals, you will become disheartened and it will be harder for you to reach your goal. If you stick to small steps, it is easier to reach and will boost your self esteem.

Tip 2. Diet pills NEVER work. As you know yourself, you will always gain the weight back if you do not manage your lifestyle better.

Tip 3. I drink 6-8 glasses of water, making sure I drink less than a cup per hour. (Water poisoning isn't good. =P) This keeps me full, so I don't want to eat. Plus, water has 0 calories, so yay!

Tip 4. Make sure you do not make food visible. If I see chocolate or chips on the kitchen table/counter or around my room, I ALWAYS want to eat it. When you don't see food, you don't want to eat it. So store snacks and stuff inside cupboards.

Tip 5. Don't stock up! To go on further with Tip 4, make sure you don't bring any junk food home. When you go grocery shopping, make sure you always eat before you go out. Also make a list. This way, you're full when you are shopping and you have a list, so you won't make any random splurges like an extra pop or etc.

Tip 6. Before eating, I used to eat a grapefruit. The acid in my stomach made me refrain from eating more food. I'm not sure if this will help, so double check on this tip.

Tip 7. When you serve food, make sure its on smaller plates. Because it's on a smaller plate, it looks like you are eating more, so you won't want seconds.

Tip 8. DON'T starve yourself. Make sure when you are having proper meals, eat it all until you are full. Because if you leave food over because you don't want to gain weight, you are actually going to gain more in the end. This is because, let's say you skip out on pasta for lunch. Well, later on, you are going to get hungry and you will be tempted to grab a chocolate bar. So better to eat all of your proper meals. Plus, if you body goes in starvation mode, it will actually RETAIN all the fat.

Tip 9. If you really have trouble from refraining yourself from snacking, I suggest cutting up vegetables like red peppers or celery and storing them inside ziploc bags. You can snack on them. With celery, you actually burn all the calories in the celery when you chew. Plus, it really helps with digestion. Win-win situation.

Tip 10. If you don't like vegetables, you better start liking them now. You get a tenth less calories from a bowl of salad with no dressing (dressing is fattening!!!) compared to a small bar of chocolate.

Tip 11. It's obvious. Exercise. Even the smallest bit of excellent will help. Get a family member to take a walk with you for 10 minutes everyday. Then gradually work the 10 minutes into 15, 20, etc.

Tip 12. For exercising during the winter or when I do not have time to go outside, I play DDR. DDR or Dance Dance Revolution, is a dancing game developed by Konami. I suggest getting the DDR Extreme or DDR Extreme 2. It comes with a calorie counter, so you know how much calories you are burning. It's really good cause I set goals for myself (1000 calories) and I reach them! DDR is really fun too. When you play with others, you don't know that you are actually loosing weight! It's available on all consoles (Wii, PS3, etc).

Tip 13. When eating grains, eat Flax or something that is fibre enriched like whole wheat. Fibre goes straight down through your digestive system, pushing all of your other foods down with it, so you go to the washroom more often.

Tip 14. Abide by the 10-minute staying still alone rule. This is a rule I made for myself. I can not stay still for no longer than 10 minutes. I got a family member to really help me with this. Even if I am reading, I stand up or pace around while reading. Even if I am on the computer, after 10 minutes, I push on some music, stand up and dance.

I lost 10 pounds in 5 months, which is very slow, but it is because I was just getting used to eating more healthy and exercising more. I took my time, and I have kept the weight off. This is better than crash dieting. I exercise about 40 minutes a day, and I keep myself busy. We tend to eat more when we are BORED. So key point, make sure you make your life jam packed with stuff to do!

I hope I helped in some way. I wrote a lot, so sorry about that. Remember, this is your life we are talking about. Don't give up and be hard on yourself, no more, I'll start tomorrow or just one more bite. GOOD LUCK!!

2Cute2B4Got
Rating
cabbage and grapefruit. Also any food that is high in fiber: grits, cream of wheat.

cOVagUrL
oatmeal gurlie..its the best..just dont add alot of sugar or butter

Lisa C
Rating
Walking is a good exercise. Actually, heavier people seem to lose weight faster than others. Fill up on vegetables, fruits, and tea, tuna,fish,skinless chicken,salads.

R Marlon
salads

Renee'
Rating
Water, and rice...GOOD LUCK

brooke
Rating
Fruit and raw veggies!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy