Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Me anorexic? -10 lbs. in 1 week?
Ok, so, I just wanted to ask an outer source. How do I know if I've gone too far, and when have i crossed that line that i didn't want to cross into an eating disorder? All my friends say ...

My pants are loser my face is thinner, but I don't seem to lose any weight, why?
I've been swimming 1.5 km daily for some months now. Everyone tells me how much I've lost weight, how much my face is thinner, all my pants are looser; I need to buy new pants 'coz ...

Is my size normal for a girl my age?
im 12 turning 13 at the end of this year.
im 5" 1'.
i weigh 117.
is it because im asian?
or is it just the way it is?

please be honest.
like hardcore ...

I am just 14 and i weigh 65 help me loose weight?
i want to loose weight so that iwill be glamourous.is there any tablets for that purpose and if tell me name and timings to use.
iam ready to do zym but one fear is taht i wont grow ie my ...

If i drink loads of beer on a night is it true?
that you will burn all the beer calories off the next day by doing lots of crunches and pushups or biking for 30 ...

Im 11 and i think im fat on my thighs (ahh) i weigh 125 wat i do?

Additional Details
plus im 5"1' and a ...

How fast can I lose 50-60 pounds?
I'm a very active person. I play tennis and volleyball after school every day along with doing 1 hour to 1 hour 1/2 dance routines at night. What is the best way to lose 50-60 pounds fast? And ...

I am trying to cut out junk food but love it too much.?
When I get a craving for it, what techniques can I use to stop myself??...

How much should a 13 year old weigh if they are 5'1"????
It's not for me, but greatly appreciated
=]...

Am i overweight?
i am almost 13 and i am about 5'4'' and i weight like 150. Don't be nice just yes or no. if yes (most likely) could you give me some things i could do to lose some?? I am also in ...

Are low calorie yoghurts fattening?
i love yoghurts and i have them all the time but are they really fattening?...

How can I get out of P.E.?
Yes, I am lazy....

Im 13 lost alot of weight and ive just blacked out !! but i feel fat what do i do !!?
Hey im laura im 13 over the last few weeks ive starved myself i feel so fat people call me fat ive lost alot of weight and im starting to like how i look but i cant stop what im doing ive just ...

Tell me the easiest & fastest way to put on weight???
I'm sixteen, terribly Handsome, but the only drawback I have is my Weight 55kgs which isn't matching my Height 5'9'' (five feet nine inches) Kindly let me know some useful ...

How can I get more muscle in my legs?
and arms and how can I get great ...

I'm a thin vegetarian male, whats the best way for me to gain muscle without having to eat meat?
I'm 30 years old, 6ft with a 30" in wist which I want to keep but how do I bulk up on muscle on my chest, arms and legs without eating loads of meat? I go to the gym for about 2 hours 3 ...

Is drinking water bad? water weight?
I heard drinking water is good and that drinking alot of water can help yu looe weight, but then whats water weight? So do I gain weight drinking water?...

Im 16 and im seriously overweight i need to loose weight any ideas?
well im very overweight i dont like many vegetables and i am very pickey at what i eat i really need help because i dance a lot and im the largest in the group and hate it please help me and dont say ...

Does the stomache shrink when a person looses weight?

My butts way to big for my body, what do I do?
I am a regular sized prson Not fat nor super skinny
Additional Details
OMG people I am like the most atheltic girl in my school!!! i don't think i need to do any more work outs than ...

kgoebel16
WHAT TO DO you do if YOUR FRIEND IS TRYING TO BE BULMIC AND WANTS YOU TOO BE IT TOO??
HELP!! WE ONLY DO IT AT SCHOOL NEVER AT HOME WHAT SHOULD I DO... NOTHING HAS ACCTUALLY COME UP WHEN WE HAVE TRIED IT WHATS WRONG WITH US?

Anne M
are you sure its your friend and not you that has the problem? either way throwing up is only going to cause you more problems.........i suggest you get some serious help.

kiss kiss
Rating
I have been there b4... just get help though!Thats really the only way to stop!! i told my mom then i told her i wanted to see a dietition,a doctor,and therapy. If u dotn u will NEVER really stop..."just once more" isnt going to cut it ... i am alot better now its been 2 months already and im so much more better!! i think u should tell ur mom i became really close to mine so maybe u will too!! if u want to chat message me back for a small chat!!
PLEASE its really gross i hated it!
so its better if u stop
b4 it worsens.
-bye

JESSIE ELLEN
I ACTUALLY USE TO DO THIS WITH MY FRIENDS AT SCHOOL ALL THE TIME. WE NEVER DID IT AT HOME ONLY SCHOOL. NOW, BEING OLDER AND LOOKING BACK I THINK WE WERE JUST DOING IT FOR ATTENTION OR MAYBE TO FILL A VOID OR BECAUSE WE WERE DOING IT TOGHETHER SO MAYBE FOR THE "BONDING EXPERIENCE". WHATEVER THE REASON I KNOW IT'S STUPID AND DANGEROUS AND IF YOU GUYS WERE REALLY BILIMUC THEN YOU WOULD BE DOING IT AT HOME ALSO RIGHT? SORRY IF MY REPLY DOESNT HELP MUCH BUT I DO WISH YOU THE BEST AND YOU ARE NOT ALONE. JUST TRY TO THINK LOGICALLY AND BE MATURE.

melissa m
Rating
First of all, bulima is extreamly serious. there are way too many health problems associated with it such as ruining your teeth, I remember a girl who was bulimic and she rotted all of her teeth because every time she threw up the acids from her stomach came up and began to slowly rott her teeth out then there are issues with having heart problems. If you girls really want to loose weight don't eat the sweets and try pilaties it is absolutly fabulous exercise. Remeber as you get older all this stuff as teenagers are not going to matter much anymore! Being healthy and happy should be your ultimate goal and as for your friend talk to her and a school counselor and get her some help asap!!!!!

sophalas
Oh dear, you shouldn't be trying this, it can cause serious problems and can ultimatly result in death! But I feel that you certainly are not bulemic as it is a phycological problem and not one you can just decide to do, your friend needs help.... good luck

Kathy 1
Rating
Please consult your guidance councilor about this issue. This is very serious and not to be messed with. Your friend is not a friend if she asks you to do such things. I hope you will take my advise.

KaiilaSoap--♥
What's wrong with you? Your head! Don't do something idiotically stupid just because your friend is doing it. You could hurt yourself & eventually KILL YOURSELF!!! So why even try? It's not cool or anything. Does your mother know about this? Don't even do it at school! DON'T be bulimic just cuz your friend is, it's just WRONG, 'kay???!!!??? :(

Mama Drama
Rating
Just tell her that you just found out that vomiting causes the enamal to wear off your teeth and you end up with yellow rotten teeth. No matter how skinny you are, no one is going to want to kiss a bulemics mouth.

hoochiemama2000_uk
Just don't even go there, I'm sure you are only doing it to support your friend andiff you do, it's the start of a major vicious circle.

You seem like the strong one that doens't really want to do it, you need to find out what's going on with your friend, why does she want to do it? and try and help her that way.

But I really recommend going seeing a counsellor, you could even go together if you like and they wont judge you, they'll just try figure out why and try to stop you from takign to any further and seriously damaging your health and risking your life.

Good luck and seriously go see someone, you were brave enough to admit you have a problem, be brave and go and face it.

caroline <3
first of all you shouldnt even be trying to 'throw up' after you eat especially if you're doing it on purpose...like if you want to lose weigh, eat healthy and exercise
by being bulimic you're ruining your insides (since every time you puke all the stomach acid is coming back up...which burns your insides) and also you're going to ruin your teeth

hottie
Rating
ask yourself do you want to be bulimic or are you just doing this because of peer pressure. i suggest you do some research on how the girls look and what are the consequences. don't do anything you don't want to do. follow your heart don't give in to peer pressure. take a look at this website and ask yourself is this how i want to look like.

http://www.mc.edu/campus/users/white00/White00_files/image01.jpg

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psychology/health_psychology/bulimic.jpg

ICG
Rating
First, don't cave in.

Bulimia is not something to mess with.

You can do SERIOUS damage to your esophagus, teeth, etc. UN-REPAIRABLE damage.

If you have tried, and failed, DO NOT TRY AGAIN.

If you are only doing it at school, DON'T.

It is NOT a fashion statement.

YOU are your own person. Don't risk your health for peer pressure.

I have listed below what Bulimia is. I have also posted a site. PLEASE visit it.

Understand, that when you FORCE yourself to vomit up the food you just forced down, you bring up, not only the food, but stomach acid. Stomach acid can destroy your esophagus, teeth.

INFO:

Bulimia, also called bulimia nervosa, is a disorder in the eating disorder spectrum. Bulimia is characterized by episodes of secretive excessive eating (bingeing) followed by inappropriate methods of weight control, such as self-induced vomiting (purging), abuse of laxatives and diuretics, or excessive exercise. Like anorexia, bulimia is a psychological disorder. It is another condition that goes beyond out-of-control dieting. The cycle of overeating and purging can quickly become an obsession similar to an addiction to drugs or other substances. The disorder generally occurs after a variety of unsuccessful attempts at dieting.

Ashti
Laugh at her.

In her face.

Loudly.

No way you have to be stupid just because she is.

intrepid18
Do not be bulimic. Bulimia is not healthy. I know, because I know someone who is one. Also, please convince your friend not to do this as well. Just look at some of the possible consequences:

Teeth erosion and cavities, gum disease
Esophageal reflux
Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
Irritation, inflammation, and possible rupture of the esophagus
Peptic ulcers and pancreatitis
Dry or brittle skin, hair, and nails, or hair loss

Please lose weight the healthy way. Which is a balanced diet and exercise. Eating healthy and working out.

sctrgrl2003
Rating
"I have some crack"...please try some. "I have some swamp land"...please buy some. "You see that bridge"?...let's jump. What's wrong???

Twinkle
Rating
Please talk to someone - your parents, a teacher, an older relative. You need to get help for both you and your friend before this gets serious.

- - - - -
Rating
have a little more respect for yourself and stop it!

"what's wrong with you?" i think trying to make yourself puke should explain it.

why don't you catch on to a "fad" that doesn't involve landing yourself and your friend in the hospital?

melissa
Rating
stop doing it and make her stop

flowerlover12003
Rating
Pleassssse stop this!!! And, encourage her to discontinue. You two seem to have an issue with your weight but this is not the solution.

Mona217
Bulimia is a serious disease. You too should realize what you are actually doing. Stop NOW!

vickyman
Rating
it's a bad idea.

KB
tell her mum, or a teacher... im serious.... throwing up rots your teeth, damges the lining of your stomach, causes heart weakness, you may loose a little bit of weight, but is it worth dying for... ? my best friend died aged 19 as a direct result of an eating disorder, IT IS NOT A JOKE.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy