Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i overweight?
im 5'5 and 115 and a teenager is that ...

Iam 15 years old i weigh 120 and i want to weigh 333 thats my favorite number is it safe to use steriods ...?
just want to know is it safe to use steroids or get muscles naturaly by working out and benching OR do ...

I am 13 and very overweight, please help.?
I am 13, 5'3" and 180 pounds. I gain so much weight so quickly.

In 4th grade I was 4'9 and 96 pounds.
In 5th grade I was 4'10 and 123 pounds
in 6th grade I ...

How skinny should you be to wear a bikini?
my stomach isnt the skinniest thing out there (atleast i think) i am 100 lbs and 4'10 is that skinny enough? please dont say its wether you feel comfertable or not, i want your opinion, if not ...

Why do people make fun of fat people when they are out exercising?
i was out running today, and 3 separate individuals laughed or made noises or yelled rude things, the only one i remember was "hey, why you running, "with a big laugh. it seems to me all my ...

Is it OK for a 13 year old to lift weights?
Well I am 13 years old, turning 14 soon.
I have been lifting weights for over 3 months now.
I lift 80 pounds maximum and people keep telling me to stop because I will not grow (My height is ...

Am i overweight?
I'm 5'7 and 164 pounds. Don't answer this rudely. If you planned on it, sorry to ruin it for you. I'm just wondering how chubby i am. cuz i think i am - my friends say im not. are ...

Do guys just like skinny girls?
I'm not fat but I'm not skinny either I'm 13 and I'm worried that guys only like skinny girls because in mags they say that is it true?...

Should fat kids sleep?

I am a 14 year old female..weigh 117 adn i am like 5 ft.....am i overweight?

POLL- If I don't eat for a week, how much would i loose?
I am 13. I am 5"2, and I weigh 116.5 pounds..ahh
I am a gymnast, and I workout 4 hours a day. I do have a lot of muscle but 116.5 pounds is A LOT. If I don't eat for 1 week, how much ...

Am I anorexic???
I'm 14 and have problems with my weight. I'm 5'3" (156 cm) and I'm 84 pounds (6 stone 39 kg) Does this mean I'm fat??? I really want to loose some weight and I can'...

A sensible choice for snacking before bed?
I always get really hungry before I go to bed I know that eating late is the worst time and makes you gain weight easily overnight. Im getting tired of eating fruit and yoghurt. Are there any other ...

Is drinking coffee safe for teenagers?
i heard that drinking coffee will stunt a teenager's growth but is that true and i mean teenagers age 13-19....

How do I stop eating?
Like, I want to see what it's like to not eat anything for a few days, but I don't know how to explain it to my mom and how to actually get the willpower to do it......

I am 14 and am 5'7.5 and weigh 135, is this average or underweight or what?haha?

Made fun of for being skinny?
i know im skinny...i just turned 13 in november..and i weigh 78 lbs..im 4'11? my friends and people call me anorexic or whatever and they dont know how it hurts and i barely ever make fun of the ...

How did YOU quit smoking once and for all?
It's been five days, and I'm down to three cigs a day now. But my head is hurting, and I'm very moody. Can you guys share your experiences, and little tricks that worked for you, as ...

Am I over weight?
Im 13 and im 5'3-5'4. i weigh 120-130 lbs....

How much should i weigh?
I am 14 years old and i am 5 2
right now i am currently 99 ...

honeybee
Thin = beautiful?
i've become obsessed with staying thin, it consumes me, i'm in this ridiculous starve/binge cycle and its also killing my body. i can't explain it, i just feel this huge pressure to be thin, like nothing else matters, and that everyone would hate me if i wasn't, because it seems that way to me. i know its probably all in my head but i can't help it, i'm either obsessed with eating or not eating and yo yo diet like a loon to maintain a bmi of 15. is it all in my head? could i have my natural bmi of 18 and still be attractive. argh can someone please tell me there is more to life than being thin and that you don't have to be like that to be attractive, i just want to hear it

BlAh TM.
Rating
No thin does not equal beautiful I like healthy looking people

Starvation gives people bad breath

?
Please don't feel any pressure to be thin. You need to get treatment because your bmi is too low. I am overweight and some people consider me cute. I'm not saying it is healthy to be overweight because it's not but it's not healthy to be underweight either. You have to realize that the images you see in the media aren't real what people go through to be model thin isn't worth it.

DMsView
Rating
Thin is not beautiful and I'm not just saying that because you want to hear it.

The fashion and therefore celebrity industry is mainly gay men who want their models to look like, that's right, small boys!

If you ask any real men, of which I most certainly include myself in that range, they'll tell you they like their women with a bit of meat on them. No guy wants to date a stick. We'd much rather have Keira Knightly than Posh Spice!

dncr151
i can't sorry. but then again i have an ed and believe that i have to be thin to acheive anything x

Just Call me AJ
Thin deffinately doesn't equal beautfiul. Too thin is as much as a turn off as too large. Curvy is better,.

Apart from the health risks you might suffer from, where's the fun in worrying all the time. Any decent man will go for the personallity.

Just be you.

kizscarlett
thin doesnt look beautiful i find if a woman is too this shes just disgusting i like a woman with a bit of weight but not too much. i advice you to let it go and youl feel alot better with yourself and men will find you more attractive

angelheart
You need a week with my sis, she will use you to get thin, unfortunately.

xenobyte72
There are a lot of beautiful, curvy girls. Obesity is not nice, but neither is bony. My girlfriend is really skinny, but I find Dawn French to be quite attractive.

You are absolutely right about this all being in your head, I blame the mass media and our culture. You can turn it around, seek help with an accredited hypnotherapist, speak to your GP to refer you to someone.

You have taken the most important step of acknowledging the problem, you should be proud, just keep walking and focus on your goal. Remember, its not about being thin, its not even about being beautiful, its about being healthy and happy. That should be your goal.

deb1975@sbcglobal.net
First off...STOP worrying what OTHER people say and think. They will NOT be the ones to help you when you're ill. Secondly...get professional help for both emotional reasons and physical health. Then get a personal trainer to design a healthy exercise and nutritional plan for you. Many larger women (and men) have gone on to be successful and are quite attractive...Delta Burke, Queen Latifah, Fantasia, Kathy Bates...it's great to be fit, but don't destroy your health trying to be bony

Kristina!
Rating
your'e beautiful either way america has made it so that most young people follow and it's the presure to be thin thin isnt beautiful and people will like you thin or thick it doesnt matter at all to people

Robert H
I've never found very thin girls attractive. skin and bone put quite simply is gross.

vizoh
FIRST AND FOREMOST, thin does not mean beautiful. I live in Africa and believe me this is where most beautiful women are and majority of them do not care about being thin.

They eat well and look good naturally. As long as you are not overweight, you are fine by me.

I think you are beautiful in your natural state

CrazyDude
Come on, too skinny is unhealthy. Dun think that skinny is attractive, many men do not like women who are too skinny. I think u should feel proud of your body. Never feel pressured to be thin, continue to have a balanced diet and exercise to keep fit. Starving urself is harmful.

Josh N
Rating
you should become thin but not too much. it could damage your helth. visit a doctor for some advice

sean_what
Rating
In my eyes thin is not beautiful, its quite repulsive

Jenny Me
There is more to life than being thin. Those girls you see that you think are perfect are worse off than you. They are not perfect. If you focus on having fun and enjoying life you will be happier than you are now.

I'm not a counselor for eating disorders, but I can try to help.

Remember that there are tons of people out there that are happy, healthy, and pretty at a normal weight. You don't have to be super fat, but just eat healthy so that you won't binge.

Someguy25
slender is good, but not thin. i like my woman to have curves too.

jiltedjohn71
You need to seek professional medical help. Stop doing that and have some fish and chips. Too thin = not attractive

★ zak™★
Happy = Beautiful

Ç?uoʎʞɔÉ?Ê?
Rating
A bmi of 15 ,you need some help honey that is way too low 19 to 21 would be healthier, underweight and thin does not equal healthy or beautiful, take it from one who knows I too have had an unhealthy obsession with staying thin and I know where your coming from but I have it under control now,my bmi is 20 my weight is on the low side of my range but I look infinitely better than when under weight all my friends tell me this.Good luck with trying to control it.

pri
Rating
good heart = beautiful :)

Miss M
Rating
A bmi of 15?? You are unhealthy underweight! You are probably so caught up in comparing yourself to others (be it celebrities or what not) You need to start concentrating on being healthy.. You might want to talk to a doctor about this as you could have anorexia. It is good you realise you have a problem though!
My BMI is 20 and am considered a healthy weight for my height. and **** anyone who doesnt think i look hot! haha

Bliss.
Rating
You can find a number of questions here, hundreds of people around you, magazines, TV, the internet, everything telling you what you ought to know. I'm not-so-thin and I have an awesome life. A boyfriend too! :)

beez
Rating
its not worth it. your probably too skinny now and that dosent look good. eat my little darlin eat.

Princess
You've said it. You don't need to be thin to be beautiful. Work on the inside of you, I mean your spirit, your character and people will notice how beautiful you are whatever your physical size or shape.

Isn't it good?
Thin isn't beautiful, healthy is beautiful.

If you're thin, but overly thin...that's not beautiful.

But I gaurentee if you're healthy, whether it be thin, or if you have some meat on you, if you're healthy, then most people will think you're beautiful.

fiveamrunner
SLENDER (which is different from "thin") is a good target to have. "Thin" is not good... ok?

Adrian Monk
too thin = not beautiful

Dr P
Perhaps the answer to this is in the response to this post. In just 10 minutes 28 people felt they had to answer. This is a reflection on society, I feel, in which we have become obsessed with weight, and polarised by it too.

As an expert in eating disorders, and many years of treating children, adolescents and women with the disorder, I can say truly I have yet to meet someone who strives to be thin, and is happy. It is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, highly desirable but never achievable. Some sadly, have paid the ultimate sacrifice, and remained, even dying in hospital, adamant they were not thin and not happy.

I'm not going to lecture you, because you have already realised the double edge sword on which you sit: what you desire and the price you must pay to obtain it.

If you want to beat this, if you want to find you inner beauty and put these dreadful thoughts behind you, please seek some professional help. You are already on the road to recovery by posting your frustrations on here, find someone to help you build on that and fight your thoughts.

Good Luck

Dr P

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy