Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I overweight?
I am about 5'3.
I weigh around 122.
I just turned 12.
If I am what is the QUICKEST way to lose weight and how much?...

How many liters of water should i drink per day ?
How many liters of water should i drink per day ?...

5'2'' and 106 lbs. am i fat?
i think i'm fat.
but i wear a size 00 pants and XS shirts.
but I FEEL SO FAT. everyday.

help.
Additional Details
andd it's not like a have a
six pack ...

How can i get my legs ( especially my thighs) slimmer quickly?

Were you hppier after you lost weight?
was all the hard work worth it?...

I'm on a diet, but can I have a pack of crisps today.....?
I started my diet on Monday and I haven't eaten any bread, chocolates, rice, crisps or chips since then. But I'm really craving for some crisps now...Please help. Thank you for your ...

Ive recently started working out and drinking lots of well guess what ive gained 5lbs im crying here help me?
i dont want to give up but i feel i ...

How much weight should I lose.?
Ive always been a big person even though no one in my family really is. I am 6"0 and i weigh 219 pounds i have a good amount a muscle and im 15 years old. How much weight do I need to lose to be ...

Is it possible to smoke and still get fit?
I have joined a football team and have been smoking for about a year....

I am a 14 year old . I weigh 125 pounds. I am a size 3 in jeans, and a size 5 in dresses.... Am I fat?

Diets for 12 yr old 5'6 150 pds?
i need to lose weight so i want to go on a diet. my goal is to lose 30 pds. I exercise every weekday for an hour. What r some good diets? also these are a list of foods i DO NOT like

eggs<...

How much do you think i weigh ?
im 5ft 3 and btw the outfit was as a joke for a party , i wouldnt normally dress like that !

http://i22.photobucket.c Details

What is an alternative to drinking water? If any.?
I need to drink plenty of water because of the amount of exercise I do. Also, it is good to drink several glasses a day. I can drink plenty of water when I'm thirsty (such as after the gym) but ...

I feel so fat can someone help me?
i`m not a fat person.
i just have a fat stomache and my thighs are flabby.
i need to know of some exercise and/or food/pills to flatten my tummy and tone my thighs.tell me something that u ...

Is it healthy to eat vegetables as a main meal,like dinner?
Iam trying to eat healthier and cut out red meats and lose weight.Iam not sure about eating all vegetables for a meal....

How do i help my Mum lose weight?
I'm really worried about my mum, she has been overweight all my life and i really want to help her. i've asked her to find out tell me how much she weighs but she won't do that because ...

Im 12 years old, 123 pounds, 5' 1", And FAT!!! what should i do?
IDK Im ...

I am 5'7" and 98 lbs..... I feel fat in the mirror but then I see pics & I think I am skinny..do I have an ED?
I will feel normal sized or slightly big in the mirror.....but then I will see pictures of myself and think I am skinny.....does this mean I have an ED?...

How often do you do it?
Eat meals...are you more of a 3 square meals a day, or 5 smaller meals?...

How many pounds can you loose in 4 weeks by starving?
please no mess i really wanna know....

terra_chan
Swimming good for muscles or what?
Does swimming make you stronger or is it only good for toning and lossing weight? (note I do not want to loose weight) Please HELP!
Additional Details
But if I increase my caloric intake I will gain muscle but won't loose weight, yes?

joecseko
The strength gains from swimming alone will be minimal to say the least.A progressive resistance training regimen using weights will be far better for strength gains.Most people,especially women will not have to worry about excessive bulk from a weight training regimen provided they are no using performance enhancing drugs etc.I once saw a 118 pound woman dead lift 400 pounds at the 1997 USAPL NY championships.She had been weight training for many years drug free but was slender and attractive.Weight training is unmatched in its ability to gain strength.I've gained the most strength from my work and weight training even as compared to the numerous martial arts I've studied.

alfaq
yes definitely, specially butterfly stroke

aeseto
Rating
Of course!!!!!! Swimming can make u loose weight! it also heals trauma if you have! It helps us physiologically,mentaly and emotonaly!!! So if u like swimming that good!!!!!!!

Dan
Rating
Swimming can help improve the strength of your lungs and lung capacity. Heard that it can treat asthma and reduce the chance of it occurring. "Stronger" can be interpreted in an array of ways. It can perhaps give you greater arm and leg power/muscles. Swimming can also give you a "stronger" mind set. It can clear the mind, making your more focused or less stressed. Great stress reliever.

Shammi
good excercise, will help a little to make you stronger

Marilyn
i think its more for toning! if your looking to get stronger i suggest lifting weights!! good Luck!!

haeder bazooka
it's very good but the problem i can't swim

chickenger
Best all round exercise.

Mantra
Rating
Swimming is a good form of exercise. Because the density of the human body is approximately similar to that of water, the body is supported by the water and less stress is therefore placed on joints and bones. Therefore, swimming is frequently used as an exercise in rehabilitation after injuries or for those with disabilities.

Resistance swimming is one form of swimming exercise. It is done either for training purposes, to hold the swimmer in place for stroke analysis, or to enable swimming in a confined space for athletic or therapeutic reasons. Resistance swimming can be done either against a stream of water set in motion by a (usually) self-contained mechanical device (often termed a swimming machine) or by holding the swimmer stationary by means of elastic attachments.

Swimming is primarily an aerobic exercise due to the relatively long exercise time, requiring a constant oxygen supply to the muscles, except for short sprints where the muscles work anaerobically. As with most aerobic exercise it is believed to reduce the harmful effects of stress. While aerobic exercises usually burn fat and help with losing weight, this effect is limited in swimming, even though being in cold water burns more food energy to maintain body temperature.

Dr Dee
Rating
Its a good excercise.

Raman
Swimming is a good exercise to do, it tones your body and helps you to loose weight if you are fat. Yes it is good for muscles.

VIDYADHARA B
Good for health & muscles. Improves breathing, Helps in lung expansion

luvz2puff
Swimming will give u long lean muscles. If u want bulk/muscle u need to lift weights. Higher the weight, less reps will build bulk. Less weight, more reps will tone.. Diet is also a factor to building muscle... Good luck;)

Boring
Rating
good for definition and supleness but not really strengthening them

Game Guy
You're right, it is good for toning and developing muscles..

Pink S
Rating
Yes swimming is good for you and it tones the muscles as well,it is a good form of exercise and has help many with chronic pain over the years.so i say sister girl go ahead and swim and keep up with it your body is going to love it for you.just remember you are fighting against water,but you are always in control .Just stretch before you you swim then after wards your bodies gonna say yahoo.Good Luck

Gargi
Swimming is a perfect exercise and it tones up tour body.
Remember- Eat Well to get energy to swim.
gargi_greatest@yahoo.co.in

ramjet
Rating
yes, yes and yes
if you don't want to lose weight, you will have to balance your activity with the proper intake of fuel. Make sure it's a balanced diet and probably higher in carbs (the stuff that helps your muscles work)
get more advice from a nutritionist or your doctor about your diet though

sarah k
Rating
Swimming is the best exercise you can do as it tones the muscles, strengthens your heart and lungs and doesn't put any pressure on the back!

?
Rating
Sounds like swimming is a winner for you! I have neck and knee probs and injure easily so I started swimming some with the children this summer. I was absolutley amazed at the body strength and new energy that It brought me! I didn't even swimm all that much but the results were fast and very obvious. Don't worry about the weight because swimming also stimulates your appetite and building some muscle may actually put pounds on you. You will sleep better and feel happier! I need to take my own advise here! You have inspired me today, Thanks! Cindy

sunnyfljenny
It will help you tone your muscles and make them stronger, but you will also lose weight.

fortyninertu
Swimming is great for overall conditioning. It will burn a high number of calories so if you dont wish to lose weight you may wish to increase your caloric intake. Swimming also will build your stamina as its good for your heart and lungs. good Luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy