Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Im 12 im about to be 13 i do pushups everyday will that stunt my growth?
im 5'9...

What has been the most successful diet you've ever been on?
Mine was just a simple cutting down the junk and limiting my calorie intake - despite years of trying all the faddy ones!...

Can you get drunk taking alcohol anally and would there be any calorie intake ?

How many calories per day should a woman eat in order to lose weight?

Can i lose 8lbs in 8 days?
I need to lose 8lbs, by the 16th. Can somebody help me please?!

I need like a exercize and meal plan, plllease?...

Strongest muscle in your body?
Could somebody tell me what the strongest muscle in the body is as my brother says its your tongue but im not sure can anyone tell me if this is true.No silly answers please!!...

NEED To Lose 60 Pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Hello,

I'm Bjork. Female. 29 years old. 5'4" and a nasty 125 lbs. My belly is disgusting. I exercise daily. I drink tons of fluids. I used to be at a *much* lower ...

What should I say to my dad?
I am 16. I am 5'1" and I weigh about 125 pounds. Which isn't tiny. But it's not huge either. My dad often makes comments about me being fat. "Have you told anyone you are 7 ...

What is the best way to lose weight?
Im 15, 5' 5", and weigh 170 pounds.
I want to lose around 30-50 pounds. What are the best ways to lose weight and keep it off?
(oh and ive been vegeterian for like a month)

How much would you like to weigh?
Come on ladies be honest now!Guys too!...

I am 14 and i weight 131 is that ok?
I use to weight 125 I play soccer.I am 5.2 or 5.1 tall.I don't eat right I don't know what to eat for my age I need to loss weight cause soccer starts in about 5 weeks help please help.oh ...

I just lost 5 POUNDS!!!! Can I say WHOOOHOOO!!!!?????

What do you feed a child who cannot have bread, rice, oats, or any other kind of refinded starch?
My sister and mother have a metabolic problem that makes their heart race, my sister sweats all night, and acts absolutely wild, this only happens when they eat such foods as white bread, crusted ...

What's the perfect 30-minute workout?

How do I get more fiber in my diet?
And can I do it inexpensively?...

What is the difference between fibre and protein and how do they help the human body when consumed?

Additional Details
And what are some foods that are rich in fibre and other foods that are rich in protein?...

What is the fastest way to lose weight?
I've recently gained a little more weight than i would like to and was wondering a quick effective way for a woman to get rid of it....

Is this fat?
ok i am 100 pounds and like 5"3 am i way too fat or what i need answers i am desprite to know!!...

Am i at a good weight for my height?
I am 156 pounds, 5 foot 10 inches tall, 16 years old (girl)...

Am i fat, average or skinny?
Info
. 13 years old
. 5 ft. 3 1/2 in.
.112 lbs.
. size small top
.size 1/3 pant
.play soccer, rock climb and do hip hop
Am I fat, average or skinny, please ...

austin t
Starving to lose some weight....?
Advice if starving to lose weight works?

Well I've never been happy with my size - ever...
i've reached the point in my life where i'm not liking 'me"!
i'm 21 yrs old, 5'5, and 180 lbs. i eat out a lot, and don't excersize- i lack motivation- i even have a gym membership but don't use it. i want an easy way out-= but i know the best thing is calorie control- and wrking out- ! was wondering if i could loose weight (about 20 lbs) by starving myself, and then once im back to 160 - then start wrking out and doing the healthy stuff..- idk- someone help !

trilinguallady
Please look on herbalife.com and stop starviing yourself for you can damage your stomach! I am a herbalife distributor and I saw your need and I wish to help.

confidentgal
Rating
Starving yourself for the first 20 lbs won't work -- your body will slow its metabolism down to the point where you gain, not lose. Also, when your body senses it's being starved, it will consume your muscle mass to compensate for the intentional lack of food. Not a great way to go!

You know what you need to do. Reduce your caloric intake while increasing your use of the calories you consume, i.e., eat less and exercise more.

It's hard, but you're seeking the easy way out, and you'll only harm yourself. One of my best friends is big/overweight. She has made some progress by reducing/increasing, but not starving herself. At 5' 5", and 180, you aren't tremendously (morbidly) obese. But you still need to lose some weight.

Here's a plan:
1. Eat out less and buy food from the food pyramid, such as veggies, fruits, fish, lean meats, fiber-rich foods. What you save by not eating out, you'll be able to use for buying the healthy foods.

2. Grill or bake the lean meats (chicken, turkey) and fish. Don't use lots of fatty sauces. Season with Mrs. Dash. Make tasty salads (veggie and fruit). Instead of white bread, buy whole-grain whole wheat. For breakfast, have cereal with 2% or fat free milk, or a bowl of oatmeal with fresh fruit. Carry fresh fruits and veggies to munch on during the day. Carry Triscuit crackers. Drink more water.

3. Start slow by walking 1/4 mile a day, then increase weekly to 1/3 or 1/2 mile, then increase the intensity by slowly starting to jog. Buy some light weights and add some muscle resistance to your workout. Park farther from your dorm, classrooms, store, etc., and walk that distance -- anything you do helps out!

Be consistent. Your weight loss will be slow, about 1 lb a week, which is healthy. You don't want to lose large amounts of weight in a short time.

If your parents can afford it, visit a nutritionist or dietician. You don't want to run the risk of diabetes or joint problems at your young age.

Don't lose hope!

♥ maddie ♥
Rating
Do not starve yourself. It makes you gain weight. My mom is a health nut so I know what to do. Say you only eat one meal a day, your body tries to save that body fat and starts to slow down from no food. When you go and eat that one meal, the food goes right to fat. It is hard to explain but trust me. You dont have to exercise to be kinda healthy. I mean.......excising is good. But if it is not your thing, take the stairs instead of elevator, walk to work....yeah. Here is what I eat daily and there are some tips:
DO NOT only eat one meal a day! that makes you gain weight! Eat healthier.
Breakfast- eggs, turkey bacon or a smoothie or oatmeal or toasted Ezekiel bread.Stay away from sugared cereals.
Lunch- a chicken salad or a boca burger on whole wheat bread.
Dinner- fish (not fried) and rice or beans and beets.
Snacks- nuts, carrot sticks, any type of fruit.
I eat like this all the time because my mom is a health nut! Also, only eat until your full. Do not stuff yourself. SODA IS THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF WEIGHT!!!!! Stay away from soda for good!
Since you are a little overweight, I would suggest taking it slow on the workout for a little. Maybe start walking around more and once you can move better, join a gym even if you dont like to excerise!
any more questions?? Email or IM me anytime!
Stay Healthy
♥maddie

Band RULES!!!
Rating
It's bad to starve yourself, i learned this yesterday in health, i'll teach you something:
The enzymes and acids in your stomach need to break down something, so it breaks down food, but when you don't eat, then the enzymes eat away at your stomach, which causes you to get an ulcer, which can become cancerous because the tissue of the digestive system is very sensitive, so. Just eat slim fast of what ever, don't use only pills, the enzymes can't work with pills, it doesn't work that way. You need to eat. We are still learning about the digestive system, so if i learn more about starving yourself, i'll let you know.
DON'T eat too much protein. Exess protein is stored as fat. Good luck.

xxsweetcitybanditxx
start off slow don't starve yourself

30 sit-ups everyday(don't procrastinate)

make everything you do into a excercise routine
or a chance to get active.

you'll feel much better about your body
within a week or 2
so you'll be wiser about making smarter food choices
when you feel the results

annielot
Rating
Don't starve yourself. You have to make the choice and start
a program. I know it's hard but it will be worth it in the long run.
Eat healthier, drink less pop, drink lots of water, and excercise (start w/ 1/2 hour on treadmill). It works. Stick w/
it, You'll see, in no time you'll feel better not to mention look
better. And use your membership to the gym, no one there
really cares what you look like, you just think they do.

Scott N
It seems you might need some motivation, living in certain places of this world make it hard to be motivated to get out there and exercise.
Getting that gym membership is a very good first step!
Don't stop going there, it will make your life easier as you go there more often.
Also if replace fruit for every snack you have, you will become very healthy and start to loose weight.

Saint Mark Antony
Rating
You are looking for a quick fix, when it is your habits that need modification.

You can do a (smart) fast to cleanse your colon, which could kick start you, but starvation ALWAYS leads to health problems, and the weight loss is temporary...

Remember this, whenever you fuel your tank, take a drive, or else it will go to your trunk...

A friendly Jihad
NO ITS STUPID! serious health effects, and you gain all the weight back.

chicana
Rating
actually starving your self is the worst thing that you can do because your body thinks its not going to get any food there for it hangs on to the fat if you eat small meals more frequently you will lose weight so much faster also start with baby steps just start walking 20 min a day then 30 min until you are doing 1 hr you will lose 10- 15 lbs in a month .... good luck

Michelle C
no because if you starve yourself for too long you will die first off and second off if you starve then eat a little then starve then eat a little, and so on and so forth so that you wont die your body starts obsorbing twice the amount of fat and calories from the food that you are eating os it really doesnt help! it hurts you!

Lunasea
Rating
You will put your metabolism into hibernation mode and as a result, it will take even less food for you to gain weight. I did this when I was younger and it only brought more problems. You could lose 20 pounds, but more than likely, you will gain about 50 more to replace it once all is said and done. Your body is designed to keep you from dying, so when you starve yourself, it does what it can to keep you around long enough to find food.

Not to mention the strain starvation can have on you physically. In short, starvation is not the way to go. I'm 29 years old and had to learn all this the hard way. And like me when I was 21, you will probably disregard this. All I can say is that I gained no benefit from starving myself and quite a few pounds along with it. If only I had started Weight Watchers and found a form of exercise I liked back then...it would have gotten me to my goal much sooner.

Try yoga classes (it's a pleasant form of activity), work your way into pilates and walk, walk, walk! And Weight Watchers is the only weight program proven to work long term. You won't be happy until you do it right!

Best wishes and good luck. It's no fun and I feel your pain.

yolaba
if you stop eating your body will adjust and start working with very little energy so it will take a long time before you loose the weight, and when you'll start eating again then your body will stock a lot just in case you don't feed it again and you'll gain even more pounds. So all you can do is eat well and go for a fast walk everyday for about 30 minutes, you'll see results in a week and you'll feel great. Good luck.

scott_schanne
scrap starving, and start working out now, if you think you will change after starving you are mistaken, you will be weaker and less motivated than you are now, not to mention in bad health, you loose weight starving because your body eats its own protiens, (muscle mass) to stay alive... so try to portion your meals, you can eat a lot all day, just eat right and often, go to the gym, you can be overweight but still in shape, and being in shape dosent mean you have 0% body fat, ...u might loose weight starving but it will be muscle not fat, first you need to get into shape and everything else will fall in place, be happy with yourself and realize that your body is specific, it wont always be what you want it , you just have to work at it, once you see results you will probably be motivated to keep it up.... best of luck

puff_coco_shimmy
Rating
No no no this is a very bad idea, you would deprive your body of the nutrients it needs and be even more tired and icky feeling. It is never easy to lose weight, I weigh a lot more than you and starving yourself shouldnt even be an option it is so dangerous and it can cause lots of problems. Please dont, if you want to lose weight that bad, you must start exercising. You could just walk around your neighborhood for 30 min. each day or use your membership, just make yourself do it. Please dont stop eating, its so bad for you! Good luck!

margarita
No, no no! Your body will eventually go into starvation mode and won't let go of any weight. You will be too tired and fatigued from lack of proper nutrition to even think about exercising. I suggest joining Weight Watchers. They will help you to stay focused and motivated by attending their weekly meetings. You can eat anything you want as long as you stay within your points range. At least chekc out their website as it is full of helpful tips and information. Best wishes and good luck!

A K
Don't starve that really dont work it just takes away from ur muscle mass n turns it into fat.
After ur body turns into fat ur body will start eating it self to survive.

Rob
Start by walking. Work up to power walking adding time and speed on in increments which are suitable for making progress without leaving yourself exhausted. The pay off of exercise and losing weight in not only to look better, but also to even sleep better and feel better.

Heather B
Starving yourself is not the answer. There are a lot of diets out there that you can try. Try the Atkins, that sounds like it might be something that would work for you.

shapeshifter_7
Rating
dont do it. loosing way is not jst about cutting calories is about eating smart. if you starved yes you are gonna lose weight fast but as soon as you start eating again you are gonna gain it all back. plus it would help if you excersices yes i know i hard to stay motivated so you need to find a running/workout partner.

menshealth magazines and mensfitness magazines have really good articles about healthy eating and excersicing
and you can look up and craigslist.com for a running/workout partner

Euri M

notsure
every one struggles with their weight but the last thing you want to do is starve yourself. besides it being unhealthy when you dont eat it slows down your metabolism. plus once you start eating, even if its healthy your gonna instantly put the weight back on.

angelicx08
Rating
no you cant lose weight from starving yourself. it's only going to make you hungrier when you do decide to eat. eat in moderation. eat healthier. get some motivation! if you're that damn lazy... you're never going to lose weight. if you want to lose weight that bad, you'll get off your a*s and do something about it :o)

gleelogan
fruits veggies lots of water

NAN babycake
Rating
You don't even have to go to that extreme.
Just eat fruit and vegetables and lots of water and a protein shake and you will lose weight.

knowitall
i dunno, where do u live? if in ohio i would be your gym buddy! i used to weigh alot then i started eating healthy and workin out now i look good. i wanna be a personal trainer and train people....or even just have a gym buddy to help out with motivation..... i dont think u should starve yourself, if u cant keep up with it u will end up binging and it will just keep messin u up worse. trust me i been thru it all....!

sylvia r
Rating
Don't do it, it'll just make you unhealthy(believe me I've been there) just excersice, don't go overboard with eating.

LifeIsPeachy
I'm the same way, always been concerned about my weight, and love to eat out but no motivation. As a matter of fact, I also had a gym membership I didn't use. If you go on craigslist, people have treadmills for sale to free... Most are pretty cheap if not free, and just pop on an ipod and walk on one of those for a half hour a day ..... you'll be amazed at the results! Plus its in the privacy of your own home.

ny
You won't starve, you will binge - overeat after not eating for some hours.
And you won't lose any weight as a consequence. Instead,
go wheat free. No pasta, pizza, bread and so on. And no food after 7 p.m.
I know a woman who lost 60 pounds a month on it. She did nothing else!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, September 1, 2011
Terms of use - Privacy Policy