Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Exercising for a 14 year old?
I am 14 5'2 and I weigh 113-115.And I try not to eat after 6:00 and i'm drinking lots of water. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 107-110 before Christmas. what types of ...

Do u think this is fat?
im 16 years old and i weight 130lbs and im about 5'4. if i am how much weight should i ...

Am I fat????????
I'm 13 i'm 5'3 and i'm 36 in (bust) 30 in (waist) 36 (hips)
and I weigh 129. I know i'm curvy compared to stick figured people (no offense) but am I fat?...

I am a 16 year old male and I am 5'11 188 pounds i got a fat stomach. Will I get taller if I workout?

How can i lose weight by summer of '09?
Currently i am 130 pounds :(
i'm just looking for a routine that i can easily do from now throughout my school year. My school is right across from the YMCA and near the pool which also has ...

Is diet soda really that bad for you?
Everyone says that diet Coke is sooo bad for you...I have even heard that it is worse than regular Coke. But I really feel like I need it. I stopped drinking regular about 6 months ago and now I ...

Should i gain weight? [*pic included*]?
ok so for about 3 years now i have been really insecure about my body built.
i have been told by many people they wish they were built like me.
but i feel like they're not being honest....

Why can't I stop drinking pop?
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It's driving me crazy. I drink diet, but it's still not good for me....

Is this alot i have eaten today?
i feel realy upset because i ate alot, i'm on my period though but i keep snacking, today i ate; is this too much and just because of one day will i gain weight tommorow?
(i'm going to ...

Is it possible to lose 30 pounds in a month?
Please be honest and please don't tell me that it's not possible cause I believe it is I just need a second opinion and can you tell me how, I took a BMI and it said that i'm obese for ...

I need to lose weight!!?
i am 5ft 4and weigh 148lbs. just a year ago i weighed 110lbs, but so much stress and unfortunate events have turned me into an emotional eater. i really need to stop gaining and get healthy and fit ...

Does anybody know an easy way to lose weight?
not that i'm fat or anything but i juss need to kno okay maybe i am a lil but i need a summer bod asap!...

How do you get rid of sweet cravings??

Additional Details
i dont buy the sweets- my family eats really unhealthy so sweets and junk are always around me. sometimes it gets ...

Is it healthy to go one week eating nothing but fruits and vegetables.?
i'm not fat or anything, but i do eat a lot of unhealthy juke food (mostly fastfoods).
i'm sure that i may look good on the outside, but it may not be good on the inside. ...

Im 12 and need to loose weight?
wat pills could i take LEGALLY take to gain muscle and loose wait look at this page

http://www.trinibusiness Details
i weigh 275...

Yesterday i ran a marathon on a treadmill totally naked, and barefoot. now my feet hurt. what do i do?

I'm 5'10 and I weigh 145 lbs. is that fat??
What weight would be good??
Additional Details
My body is all proportioned but i have really long legs ...

Does thinking burn calories?
i've been wondering, does thought burn calories?...

How can I stop eating junk food?
Whenever I'm hungry or bored I always seem to eat some type of junk food. I can't seem to stop myself, and it's making me fat. For exampIe, my uncle just came round with some chocolate ...

Im really short.?
Ok so im really short.
14 years old and 5'0
does drinkimg milk work?
if it does
how many cups do i need to drink in a day?...

Katy.x
Starving Yourself for 8 Days?
If someone starved there self for 8 days, Only One fruit smoothie each day, how much weight would they loose??

Don't have a go at me because im not heading to do it. I would just like to know :)

thankss
x

Dan K
i guess it would be good for maybe a few days but tomuch of anything isnt good

♥Caitlin♥
Rating
like 80% of their wait

Texas Chick
back then when i did that nothing really happened. i felt weak and my weight loss was just like .. nothing.
it's not worth the suffering lol.

Shard M
Rating
I guess bout 14 kgs or more cz i know a person who did this

BSB
Can't answer how much weight loss but not a good idea for that little intake a day.
However If you eat 6 small meals a day you will loss weight and be healthy.

BoSox27
Rating
They would lose weight - I can't say how much exactly, as it would depend on his or her metabolism. But it would also do damage to the organs and slow down the metabolism significantly. That means when the person started eating again, he or she would put the weight right back on, and probably gain a little extra.

babamc4
Very little I would assume. I would say your body would go into starvation mode and hold on to all calories taken aboard. When you ate properly again you would gain weight as your metabolism would have slowed down. Not a very healthy way to lose weight.

phuk it dude
If I scooped out 8 cups of water from my pool, how much water would be left?

♥philip♥
Rating
6-10 pounds but depends on how much you eat. and what type of fruit or smoothie because you can gain weight also if you drink too much smoothies with loads of milk

Wes
Rating
it all depends on the persons matabolism...they might lose between 5 and 10 lbs. but once they started eating normal again they would just gain it back.

In order to lose weight and keep it off you need to eat a balanced diet and exercise...pretty simple formula, and you'll feel better than starving yourself.

Bryony C
Rating
WEll im water fasting and loosing 1-4 pounds a day

rubberduckygeorge
might lose a little bit, but when you starve your self, your bodies metabolism slows down. when you start eating again your body will retain the fat so you will gain it all back and then some. it is the same concept as when bears hybernate. that is why they eat so much fatty foods(salmon) when they sleep their body feeds off of the fat, when they wake up they start eating and gain the weight they lost back. of course their metabolism slows down while they sleep so they don't starve to death.

AJiZdANaMe
Rating
All depends on your body makeup. If you are more on the fatter side, then you will obviously lose some weight since your fat will need to be used in the process for energy, but it could also use your muscle so watch out!

If you are slimmer, then you will gain weight or gain fat due to the fact your body needs to conserve long term energy, which is what fat is.

zila
Rating
first off sweetie this is the worst thing you can do for yourself if you are dieting

starving yourself for more than one day ie eating less that 600 cals a day will cause your body to sink into starvation mode
this slows down your metabolism and triggers your body to store energy as fat for future "famine" period

You will lose weight as fast as you will gain it back when you start eating again

Trace H
You probably would'nt lose anything because it would hult your digestion and the next time you ate you would store it as fat.

dean wai
Rating
People have, in the past, fasted for 40 days. This is with water and a small amount of fruit juice. Because the fast is integrated with prayer and done for religious reasons, I would not know "weight loss" advantages. My only answer is that one can survive for 40 days on essentiall no food and prayer.

Snow White
Rating
it depends on how many calories they're burning each day, and their metabolic rate.

anywho, its an awful idea, and as soon as the person started trying to eat normally again, they'd gain back the weight plus some. its much healthier to do it the old slow boring way.

mizzpooh101
Rating
i heard you will actually gain weight. your body needs fat. so i dont exactly know why or how but my health teacher said that you'll gain it

Wisegirl
Rating
Depends on how many calories the fruit smoothie has in it and how physically active you are.

Josh
Rating
Not quite sure but if you stop eating to dramatically your body will start to store more fat than usual.

jenel c
Rating
probably 5 pounds but it would come right back because when you starve your self you body stores fat to survive.

curiosity SAVED the cat
would all depend, an obese person would obviously lose more compared to someone who does not need to lose the much weight.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy