Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Can i lose 8lbs in 8 days?
I need to lose 8lbs, by the 16th. Can somebody help me please?!

I need like a exercize and meal plan, plllease?...

Strongest muscle in your body?
Could somebody tell me what the strongest muscle in the body is as my brother says its your tongue but im not sure can anyone tell me if this is true.No silly answers please!!...

NEED To Lose 60 Pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Hello,

I'm Bjork. Female. 29 years old. 5'4" and a nasty 125 lbs. My belly is disgusting. I exercise daily. I drink tons of fluids. I used to be at a *much* lower ...

What should I say to my dad?
I am 16. I am 5'1" and I weigh about 125 pounds. Which isn't tiny. But it's not huge either. My dad often makes comments about me being fat. "Have you told anyone you are 7 ...

What is the best way to lose weight?
Im 15, 5' 5", and weigh 170 pounds.
I want to lose around 30-50 pounds. What are the best ways to lose weight and keep it off?
(oh and ive been vegeterian for like a month)

How much would you like to weigh?
Come on ladies be honest now!Guys too!...

I am 14 and i weight 131 is that ok?
I use to weight 125 I play soccer.I am 5.2 or 5.1 tall.I don't eat right I don't know what to eat for my age I need to loss weight cause soccer starts in about 5 weeks help please help.oh ...

I just lost 5 POUNDS!!!! Can I say WHOOOHOOO!!!!?????

What do you feed a child who cannot have bread, rice, oats, or any other kind of refinded starch?
My sister and mother have a metabolic problem that makes their heart race, my sister sweats all night, and acts absolutely wild, this only happens when they eat such foods as white bread, crusted ...

What's the perfect 30-minute workout?

How do I get more fiber in my diet?
And can I do it inexpensively?...

What is the difference between fibre and protein and how do they help the human body when consumed?

Additional Details
And what are some foods that are rich in fibre and other foods that are rich in protein?...

What is the fastest way to lose weight?
I've recently gained a little more weight than i would like to and was wondering a quick effective way for a woman to get rid of it....

Is this fat?
ok i am 100 pounds and like 5"3 am i way too fat or what i need answers i am desprite to know!!...

Am i at a good weight for my height?
I am 156 pounds, 5 foot 10 inches tall, 16 years old (girl)...

Am i fat, average or skinny?
Info
. 13 years old
. 5 ft. 3 1/2 in.
.112 lbs.
. size small top
.size 1/3 pant
.play soccer, rock climb and do hip hop
Am I fat, average or skinny, please ...

Can You Lose Weight WITHOUT Exercise.?
I am 250 lbs and have a broken ankle so no form of exercise would be good right now or even in the future because of all the pressure on it. Can I lose weight if I watch and eat only healthy things???...

Is it ok to drink eggs?

This guy at school keeps calling me fat...am I?
This guy at school won't leave me alone. He constantly teases me about everything, my weight, my clothes...etc. Since I have extremely low self confidence...I'm starting to take it to ...

Should I lose weight?
Please be honest... I'm the girl haha

http://i70.photobucket.c...

ahemomonsterah
Skipping meals help?
How bad is it to only eat dinner. If I skip breakfast, for lunch have maybe some water and a bag of pretzels and then just eat a big dinner. I'm a 20 year old female (if that matters)

Jen
Rating
Skipping meals is discouraged as a weight-loss strategy. Although it might seem that cutting out a whole meal’s worth of calories would lead to weight loss, studies show that this strategy rarely works.

Most people who skip a meal and its 300 to 600 calories usually increase how much they eat at other meals in the day by at least the same amount of calories. These people, like others who come to a meal overly hungry, tend to eat rapidly, which makes it difficult for them to sense when they’ve had enough.

People who skip meals may also snack more. Although the snacks might be small in size, they can add up to a substantial number of calories and replace the calories missed at a meal.

Furthermore, even if you manage to keep a low daily total of calories for a few days by skipping meals, weight loss requires reduced calorie consumption over an extended period of time. Meal-skipping that leads to considerable under-eating for a few days often results in more days of overeating.

Luci D
Rating
There are so many answers to this question.

Some say that breakfast is most important because it gives you energy to get through the day.

Others say to eat several small meal a day.

I think that one should notice what time of day one feels hungriest and eat at that time because when you're hungry your food digests better.

I think it depends on you and your individual body. If you feel your best eating only one meal a day, then go for it.

You should make sure you have all your nutritional requirement s and all the vitamins and minerals you need for good health.

Make a chart showing the foods you need to eat to maintain weight and health, then eat them during the day at the time that's best for you.

River Rat Vietnam
You need to maintain your metabolism while you lose weight. You should eat a good breakfast every morning. Not a big breakfast, a good breakfast. Juice, cereal and perhaps coffee. A good lunch might be a diet bar and water. Supper could be a small portion of meat, some veggies and perhaps fresh fruit for dessert. Do not eat anything at all within 3 1/2 hours of going to bed. Pretzels are not a good snack, either. Instead of pretzels or chips, fresh fruit (apples, bananas, etc), carrot sticks or other fresh veggies are much better. If you absolutely have to have something salty, peanuts (preferably in the shell) or other nuts are better than chips, pretzels or Fritos.

mav426
First off the salt on the pretzels will make you bloat.. If you skip meals your body will hold on to it's fat source (which is what you want to get rid of). The only weight loss you will see will first be water, then your muscle mass. But you'll look flabby since your body will be keeping all of that fat under you skin. Try eating three SENSIBLE meals a day. And adding some exercise into your life to see the results you want to acheive.

Shermin O
Rating
I personally think that it's unhealthy for one to skip meals, especially breakfast (this is when your brain needs energy from food to "awaken"). If you want to get slimmer, why not try exercising? It burns much more calories, and it's heaps more effective.
If you don't have time to prepare/take proper meals, I suggest having bread or food packed from home. I guess it's better to take "solid" food, rather than just chips.

Robin W
You are better off with five or six small balanced meals (including breakfast). It keeps your blood sugar stable, and keeps you from getting hungry (and binging). Skipping meals makes your body think there's not enough food, and it will go into a famine response. That is, it tries to make the fat it has last as long as possible.

BigTomz
Rating
If it is for weight loss, your body will just slow down its metabolism and not consume as much calories in every day fuctions. You should eat something small for every meal just to get your digestive system and metabolism going for the day.

k8ok
its not good to skip meals its messes up your metabolism rate.

crippldogg
I'm assuming you are trying to lose weight. No, I doesn't help...Your body will adjust and it won't do anything. Eat less, healthier, and exercise to lose weight

Alese
Rating
Mayba not skip any at all! Just don't eat as much as you would regularly eat. It's not healthy to skip meals. Just by eating breakfast it boosts your metabolism by 30%. If you want to lose weight, be patient. Exercize more, and eat HEALTHY.

osacisco
It's better to split up that huge dinner into different parts of the day. Otherwise your metaolism will go down significantly. So when you do start eating normally you will gain weight at an accelerated rate. The ideal is to eat 5-6 small meals a day. It can be difficult if you're always on the go, but do your best. You should ALWAYS have something for breakfast, even something small like a fruit. I would try to eat at least a fruit for breakfast and 2 decent meals a day (as opposed to one huge meal), with little snacks along the way. It keeps your body constantly nourished, and will most likely be the same calories as having a huge dinner with pretzels for lunch.

Lady S
U shouldn't skip meals, it's bad 4 ur health. It's better just to have as much food as ur body needs. U don't need to stuff urself with food just to eat cause u feel like it, that is bad 4 ur health 2. Try to eat as much as u think u need to eat. Eat mostly vegetables and fruits. Try tomato salad. Just cut up some tomatoes, put them in a bowl along with ur favorite seasonings and maybe onions and vinigar. Or cut up some water melons and eat them. It's really good, in both ways. =) I hope u like the tips.

clownboy
skipping meals do not help at all! As a young female, you must continue to eat well. If you do not eat well, this may lead to lifelong health problems for example: bulimia, cancer, loss of weight, etc...

It is also recommendable that you eat at least 3 times a day including snacks in order to grow normally.

REMEMBER! Vitamins and carbohydrates are vital to growth.

Sgt.Pepper
Rating
The body should take in food every 4-6 hours. Depending on what time you eat lunch and what time you wake up, your plan might work out. I always eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but not that much for dinner, and I'm doing fine. Try not to go over 6 hours without eating anything. If you do for a long time, couple days; weeks, your body doesn't have enough nutrients so it uses its own sugar. If it uses too much it is possible that you can get diabetes. It's better to eat too much than not enough. Try to eat every 3-4 hours. It is not healthy for anybody to go a long time without eating. Don't do something you might regret in the future.

iluvchris
Rating
uh its bad for anybody u want to know what the best diet is? eating six times a day! im not kidding! but what u do is u hav smaller portions like what you hav for lunch u hav somethin like that six times a day. u eat like toast and jelly with milk for breakfast, some snacks before lunch. have like some fruits and veggies for lunch snacks before dinner and hav like a sandwich for dinner. i mean make it good food u eat not stuff u dont like and u will be seeing results very quickly! Hope this helps!

-KMD AHH 27!!!

p.s. also dont eat until ur full eat until ur not hungry anymore. bye!

riverbanks27
Rating
you would be better off eating some fruit or veg at breakfast and lunch than nothing at all, as your body needs fuel just like a car! also if you don't eat all day the next thing you eat your body will make into fat, it needs it to keep going

Kamunyak
Rating
If you are trying to lose weight it is very bad. Your body needs the nutrients to lose weight. If you are dieting it is better if you eat many small meals a day.

If your not dieting and just wondering... it is better to eat breakfast. Breakfast helps your body wake up and get moving... it needs food to help you burn calories and be active.

animallover7272n
Rating
Don't skip meals. They give you the energy to get active.

kungfuhustla
breakfast is the most important meal of the day. this should be your largest serving of all courses. your lunch should not be to large and your dinner should not be any larger portioned than your lunch. skipping breakfast is not very good for you because you're basically fasting overnight while you're asleep. your body needs the most nutrients and fiber (energy) in the morning to get you throughout the day.

If you're going to be fasting, lunch would be more appropriate. a large dinner isn't the best thing to do unless you're working out late night or staying up late because your body needs at least 4 hours to fully digest the food. You're just going to end up putting on more weight if you're eating a big dinner every night.

My best advice is to eat 5-6 times a day of small portions and don't eat past 7 pm (unless it's a very small portion).

the wild one
Rating
you should eat all courses. but in each course eat healthy, dont eat junk food or big heavy meals. just eat healthy.
oh and tyr and exercise too that helps alot

Diana C
Rating
you'll lose ALLLOOTT of energy.

Munya Says: GFOD
Rating
VERY BAD!

It will screw your metabolism up big-time! Your body will think it's starving and therefore CONSERVE the calories you do consume, instead of burning them.

Eat 5-6 tiny meals throughout the day--lean protein/dairy and lots of fruits and veggies and water!

wormwood
that is bad. it will not help you lose weight, if anything you will gain because your body thinks it is starving so is stores fat better, your metabolism will slow. studies show it is best to eat 5-6 small meals daily.

mlgable
It is very bad as your blood sugar will be all over the place and you will feel terrible and not lose the weight like you think you will. You need 3 healthy meals a day and a snack in between each meal to keep your blood sugar level and your metabolism high. When you skip meals and eat just one big meal you feel lousy all day and then tend to overeat as you are starving.

Zach M
Rating
It's much better to just eat small meals and snacks throughout the day. When your body is without food for more than 4 or 5 hours, it goes into a "starvation mode" where it will then collect the calories from the next big meal you eat and store them as fat. If you eat small amounts of calories (200-300) every 3 or 4 hours all day, then you just burn them off as you take them in. The calories never even have the chance to be turned to fat.

elliebeth3940
Rating
skipping meals is never good because your body thinks it's starving so when you do eat it takes all the fatty stuff and stores it.
which makes you gain weight or gain fat.

scoobydoo316316
Rating
You're actually hurting your body more by doing that. You should have three meals. You need to exercise as well. If you're not getting enough nourishment, your body will start eating its own muscles. Just look at all those gross people who don't eat. You can be skinny and eat a lot of food. Exercise and limit the size of your portions and you'll be fine.

ensign183
No, it's actually better for you to eat several small meals a day; skip one and your body will find another way to obtain nourishment -- say, from your bones and tissues. I also once heard to eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper; i.e. to eat big at the start of your day and gradually eat less throughout it. That's true for queens and princesses too. ;)

♥R A M♥
No it does not. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Have the usual three meals a day and try to avoid in-between snacks. Eat sensibly and healthy. Try using a smaller plate and chew slowly.

lv_consultant
Rating
well the body burns energy 24 hours a day and you are starving it for around 20 of those hours. do you think that's good for you?

a bag of pretzels? not sure what your goals is but if it's to have a lean, firm and healthy body you need to make a 180 degree turn in your eating and dieting practices

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, August 29, 2011
Terms of use - Privacy Policy