Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How do I lose weight without exercising?

Am i a fattYYYYYY?
im 5''1
110 pounds.

tell me tell me
u can be cruel so i lose weight cuz i feel liek a ...

Help me i want to loose weight!!! do guys hate chubby/fat girls?
I am sooo depressed this summer has been really boring because all i have done is sit around at home!! I live about 10 miles away from all of my friends in a smaller town both my parents work and I�...

Why is it that smoking makes you lost weight?
why?
thanks.
is it physical cause it speeds up your metabolism or just sorta mental coz you smoke out of boredom instead of eating out of boredom....

What is your favorite exercise and why?
And your favorite exercise machine? What results have you gotten, and why? What machine do you recommend for weight loss? Thanks!...

Is 108 overweight for someone 5"1?

Additional Details
well for a long time i was bilemic and was told to gain weight now i want to lose it ...

Can you still drink Coke and lose weight with exercise and diet?
Even if it's one or two sugar cokes a day....

Im I Fat ?
Im 5'7 and 122 -125 pounds and i feel like im a whale. Whats the right weight for me ?...

What to do when your Bored??
I'm trying to stick to my diet but i have nothing to do, and i think thats why I am not in shape because when im bored i eat. I need something to keep me busy so I don't eat anything till ...

How much weight should I lose?
I'm 5' 3'' and 125 pounds...how much weight should I lose...?...

At what age did you lose your viginaty?

How do I control my food cravings...now?
Like right now I want to eat mac and cheese with ketchup and then a cupcake....werid taste I know. But its 9pm and am not sleepy...what should I do?...

What is the best food for breakfast?
My mother always told me to eat fruit first thing in the morning (before oats or cereal etc.) because it helps to clean out the digestive system and get it functioning for the day. Is this true? At ...

What's your favorite diet food?

Is it TRUE that MORE YOU SWEAT THE MORE WEIGHT YOU LOSE??
i heard that the more you sweat the more weight you lose....is that true?? if it is, does that mean that if i walk 2km on a hot day and sweat more, rather than walking 2km on a cold day i will lose ...

Am I overweight or underweight?
I am currently 5'6 and 95 pounds.
I know that may seem skinny, but I have curves which makes me feel obnoxiously fat and uneven.

Also, DONT be rude by saying I am obese/anorexic....

What's a good diet that has worked for you? Which doesn't involve exercising regularly.?

Am i overweight?
Ok i'm a girl and i'm 14 years old. I am 5'3 and I weigh 125 but i feel like I weigh way more. Is this an Ok weight? I'd like it to be a little less. Also, is 60lbs an ok weight ...

Im in 7th grade and i weigh about 95 pounds i want to go on a diet but my mom wont let me what should i do?
i tried going anorexic but my friends didn't like that so i stopped and i don't want to ruin my intestines or what ever so I'm not going to be bulimic im a teen so im like always ...

I am not a water drinker. How can i start acquiring a taste for water?

anonymus
Should i become anorexic just till i like my body?
im 14 and fat no joke.im not one of those girls who freak out over 1 or 5 pounds im literally fat at the verge of hitting 300 pounds!!!!!i know that anorexia is bad and so is bulimia but im so sick of seeing skinny girls every where.gym is such a pain also.i mean i love to run and play sports but its so much harder when i have to lug around an extra 200 pounds or 160.dont get me wrong i love life my family and just about everything but my body.im optimistic and everything but i just think things woiuld be so much better if i were skinnier.please help i need answers on this. and dont just say no dont do it .could you give me some tips to loosing wieght and fast cuz i wanna show my gym teachers i can actually do the dum pacer.

tinkerbell_pixy24
Rating
Definitely not...you will get more and far worse health problems later on in life. See a dr...they can help you with a diet regime to get you on track!

Kate F
I know how hard it is to loose weight by diet and exercise but it really is the only way....Sux hey?
But its worth it! .....Just remember that anorexia is dangerous and not sustainable.....its a disease that you can die from....

Aaron
Rating
Stop eating fatty foods. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Exercise everyday. Vomiting your food will just cause other health problems and will do you no good. Ask a teacher or a counselor at school to help.

amber2256
Rating
please just don't stop eating. you may get headaches and very low energy and be irritable. if you get to feeling this way you won't even be able to play those sports you like without being really sick. i don't eat lunch at school because i can't eat in front of a bunch of people. in the afternoon im so tired and i have a headache. i don't feel like talking or anything. i don't have any dieting tips bc im trying to figure that out myself. but just consider what i say. :)

StarlightSweetie
Do NOT become anorexic, it is a disease that can lead to death! You should drink a lot of water and eat a lot of vegetables (celery is really good to eat if you want to lose weight), and have smaller portions. And maybe join an all female gym if you feel uncomfortable working out in front of guys (there is Curves, the YWCA). Oh, and go for a lot of walks! If you feel depressed, do not go on a low carb diet as it would make you more depressed (a dietitician informed me on that). A good diet to follow would be the Canada Food guide (I don't know if the US has one), it tells you how many portions of fruits/vegetables, meat, etc that you should have in a day. I WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY!!

fatiam
Rating
drink lots! lots! of water...avoid softdrinks..

Spam
exercise as much as you can. exercise as in running and playing sports.

HaNnA bAnAnA lOl
Rating
well first of all... stop eating some junk food all up im your house (if you do) and eat your veggies you know healty... you should also get some exercize atleast 30min. each day oh yah buy some diet coke.... hope it helps!!! oh dont dont dont even try to get anorexic!

My_Two_Centz
Rating
cut out some carbs. No bread, no sugar, no rice. Salads, low carb dressings. Eggs, meat, drink your water. Go to atkinsboard.comhttp://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22 and check out before and after pics. This diet totally works. The neatest thing about this diet is you DO NOT EVER GO HUNGRY! Its all about the carbs. Good luck, You can be whatever size you want to be if you just stick to eating atkins.
dont worry, your weight wont be controlling you, you will be controlling it in no time.

Also, weight watchers is supposed to be an awesome diet as well but I havent gone on that so cant speak about it.

If after people read my advice and they start judging the atkins diet go research for yourself. I think you'll like it.

debbie d
Rating
i know how you feel, i don't call those girls skinny, i say the girls I'd like to slap,my daughters one of them, oh mom , I'm so fat i gotta lose 5 pounds, i say wear your head?, now I'm the fat one, Ive been fat for as long as i can remember, then i got hurt and had to use wheelchair for 4 years, then i gained more,its awful i feel like a moose, but i never stop trying, i know it gets kinda depressing, you try and try and 1 pound comes off then the next day its back,its a constant fight in my life, but one day i will win!!!!!!!!i do a food diary now,no snacks after 7pm, no pop, no fast foods ever,do smaller portions at meals, never skip meals, lots of water, fiber supplements, the max per day, like 3 at each meal, no-fried foods, lots of fruits and veggies, lots of exercise, i keep a journal of that to, that way i can watch when i lose weight, don't weigh every day, just weigh once a week, walk,walk,walk,check out this web-sight, and do some research . www.purtain.com and www.naturalures.com and www.magnrticcures.com, good luck, hope you lose it all

Rebekak B
Rating
hay girl WhATS up?? well I'm 15 and am about 190!!! am the same way i hate my body!! i hate gym lol but to be what you want to be all you have to do is eat rite and do gym !!! that's what my mom did and all she did was stop eating bread and pop and she lost like 25 pounds in 2 mouths!!!!! she lookes great so if i was you i would just cut out the stuff that you eat a lot of or drink!!!! but don't stop eatin or puke every thing up you will never be the same!!!!!!!!!! and you may hurt or kill yourself be careful what ever you do !!!!! well i hope this helped!!!

Kat
For someone who has had anorexia/bulima in the past, I have a few words to say, Don't do it!

Go to a doctor and he/she will give you a physical, then he/she will prescribe a diet/exercise course for you.

LadyLindsay
Losing weight is all about getting healthy, and anorexia is not healthy. If you stop eating, you will lose weight very quickly, but your metabolism will slow way down because your body will be in starvation mode. So once you start eating again, your body is going to cling for dear life to every single calorie that you consume and turn it into fat. You will eventually end up heavier than you are now, not to mention a higher body fat percentage. Tell your parents that you need to see a doctor or a nutritionist. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Travel_Fan
Rating
first off, people that have eating disorders usually don't have them because they want to loose weight. I think that you are making a joke out of a serious situation and I for one am not amused...go ahead, and starve yourself...see how long you will last....a couple of hours maybe....?? I really don't want to sound cold hearted....
There is no secret to loosing weight...eating well will shed the pounds. Being a little overweight myself, my doctor told me that all it takes is 20 minutes of walking a day and you will see the difference.

A fan
I am happy to know you are not one of those who get a heart attack when they gain a pound or two! If you serious about losing weight and willing to stick to a plan then you will lose weight but don't expect it to all happen in a few months. This will take few years but you will gradually see the results. Avoid eating junk food, its hard to completely stop it so eat in only once in a while as a gift for your hard work. Eat lots of fruits & veggies & nuts. Don't eat oily cooked foods, they have too many calories. Instead eat grilled chicken and fish (if you are not vegetarian), and don't eat a lot of rice and bread. They pack lots of hidden calories. Aim for losing only 1-2 pounds per week, anything more than this is very unhealthy for you in the long run. Good Luck!

Nonyo B
Rating
When i was 14 i was also pushing 300 pounds.. so i stooped to eating once a day its the WRONG THING TO DO... i got on a diet that helped me alot. One of the important things to do is eat 3 meals a day. you can eat anything you want but you need to portion it, look at the lables, and so on. I was eating 35-40 Carbohydrates for breakfast, 60 Carbohydrates for lunch and 35-40 Carbohydrates at supper. you would be amazed at how much it works. Excersizing is also great. Just a simple walk after supper everynight. Start off slow and increase your walking time. If you feel you really need a snack in the after noon or before bed eat something with very little Carbohydrates like a peice of string cheese or meat... trust me it works... good luck to you! And if you need anything else let me know!

wun
Rating
tats unhealthy, try a good diet or talk to a doctor bout how to lose weight

tears fall softly
anorexia is no lifestyle i would wish on anyone. It is like living in hell. If you "became" anorexic you would not stop once you reached an ideal weight. With anorexia ppl tend to hate their bodies so much and no amount of weight that they lose is ever enough. Anorexia will not make you like your body it will cause you to hate it more. It wont make you happy it will make you feel worse. With anorexia you run the risk of dying prematurely.... it could cause you to have heart failure, or other complications before it kills you. You shouldnt pay attention to the people in the media, and as for the people at school pay no attention to them either. You need to like yourself for who you are and love yourself just the way that you are.

Somethings that may help in losing weight is eating healthy meals. Like if you drink a lot of soda cut out the soday because it has a ton of sugar in it. Drink a lot of water. Eat breakfast in the morning because it will speed up your metabolism. Take long brisk walks and work your way into jogging. Do some weight training that will help keep your metabolism going too. Get the support of people around you or find a person to "diet" with. Just keep yourself motivated but just dont turn to anorexia because you may lose weight but it will slow your metabolism down so anything you do eat is automatically turned to fat. Then after you are malnurished your body will begin to shut down and die from the shrinking organs... if you dont get a deadly heart attack first. Just keep the positive attitude and work hard and you can do anything if you have enough determination.
Good Luck with everything

OPTIMIST
Rating
Oh sweet one, please take door number 2: get your little self a game plan and don't tell anyone at school, this will be good. Have mom help you set up a low carb plan, you don't have to make it fancy with a bunch to chose from and then you can keep it basic and not have a lot of temptation. You just need to eat more fresh veggies (no potatoes, no carrots) and up your protein. Drink eight or more glasses of water a day (spread out, not at one time) and start walking in the evening after school. Maybe mom will walk with you and you can visit about your game plan on the way. It will blow your mind how quick it will come off, I promise! Then within a fairly short time you will be where you want to be with your weight, you will be empowered because you were in control and no one had a clue what you were up to....happy ending, happy ending!!!! You can do this, you are young, vibrant and very bright, you have a whole lifetime to enjoy it.

Best to you, and hope we hear back about your happy success.

~Noodles~
well since u r so young, first step is to talk to your parents or other trusted adult. then maybe they can set up an appointment with a doctor to assist you. i am 28 and just was prescribed some pills today and told to go on a 1500 calorie diet. i am hoping it helps me speed up my metabolism. i am very active and everything but cant ever loose weight.. it's always been this way. i would definately talk to an adult first though becuz u need to be healthy most of all.. if u need to chat hun just let me know!

Ashley D
dont turn to anorexia and please read the rest of my answer before you just ignore this. alot of people end up anorexic because they want to do exactly what you just asked us....they want to do it for just a little bit, but then it becomes an addiction and they cant stop. a healthier way would be to start by eating healthier....you would be amazed how much weight you can loose if you give up soda and sweets. also, if your out to eat, a lot of places have a low fat or low cal menu (even applebees has something!) and a lot of it is really good, some of my favorite dishes at resturants are off the low fat menu. talk to your doctor....he might be able to suggest a way that would be both healthy and safe for you, and would work best for you! hope this helps, and good luck!

♥SeReNdIpItY♥
Honestly look up the weight awtchers sight and find out where the nearest meetings near you are held, they are the best, they teach you how to eat well, how to do moderate exercise and its not just a diet its totally changing your eating habits helping oyu lose weight and being much happier! i did it and i'll never look back.!

Caitlin
Rating
I'm 14 and about 45 pounds overweight, and what I'm doing is eating healthier. No white sugar, no fake sugars, no white flour, not much meat, lots of fruit, veggies, and grains. Whole wheat is good for you. Organic fruits and veggies are healthier, but you can stick with the regular kind. Don't starve yourself, that just ends up back-firing and making you gain more weight in the end. Try walking for a half and hour to an hour a day, and just eat healthy. About 6-8 SMALL meals a day is ideal. If you want moral support, you can e-mail me.

courage78
Rating
YOU DON'T JUST BECOME ANOREXIC!!! It is an illness...ARGH! Live one day in my shoes and see how much you like "being" anorexic.

Please get some adequate help with your thoughts.

Where's Wally
Rating
No NO no girl. Just get active. Feeling skinny is much more important than being skinny. Please don't stoop to that level. You're beautiful and you know it.

Heather F
Rating
Hi , i know what it's like being over weight i am nearly 300 pounds but i am losing now becuse i am on a low carb diet and i found out i have hypothyrodisum you might need to be checked but never bring your self to a low to starve or make your self pucke my grandmother was an over weight young lady she turned anorexic nevosa and she lived a painful life she ended up with kidney failure she had alot of medical problems due to her illness . you need to know that beauty is only skin deep but i can tell you you are probly more beautiful than you credit your self did you know that if you became anorexic your parents would be devestated your whole family friends so don't do it go the easy way go low carb or find a diet that best fits you .exercise walk do cardio but be careful not to over do it God Bless, I wish you the best of luck !,Heather

elite_3200
Rating
if you want to die faster or be more unhealthy, anorexia is the way to go

Danielle H
Rating
Oh boy. girlfriend go get some counselling on this. You are at the perfect time to learn to love your body, and it will respond with love to you and help you lose what you want.

But if you spiral into the hate your body cycle, you could be playing these games for the rest of your life.

Your body is your ally. Love it as it is and ask it for help. You will grow in height over the next couple of years and you will develop a shape that supports you, but the right action now will support you forever, and make this lifetime worthwhile, exactly as you planned it.

Get some serious nutrition counselling, by someone you feel comfortable with. Yahoo answers is not going to fulfil your need to love yourself, or provide the miracle answer. Ask your angels to guide you to the right person for help.

You are perfect as you are. No skinny body is going to make you love yourself any more. You would still have your own feelings to contend with. trust yourself. you can do this!

Estrato Seis
NO. go on a sensible diet. youll gain back what you lost when you stop IF You can stop

Mortician69
Rating
Nah that's unhealthy. Take stimulants to increase your metabolism so you can eat the same stuff while losing weight at the same time. That way you won't be malnourished. GL!

psych0bug
Rating
I was thinking of doing this myself.
I'm sure it's dangerous for people who are skin and bones.
But I've never seen someone die who looked like they were at a normal weight.
So how could it kill someone like me who's also in the 300 lbs range.
You may want to neutralize the stomach acid before losing your food.
I hear it can cause throat irritation if you don't.
Something as simple as milk may do the trick.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.174
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy