Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Can eating carrots turn you orange?
I eat at least 4 large-size carrots dailey, and lately I've been noticing that my skin has a slight orange tinge. If I continue this habit, will I turn orange-er?...

How can I lose 15lbs in 3 wks?

What cardio exercise burns the most calories?

How can I drop 9 pounds?
I want to weight 90 pounds, and I am 104 now. I just can't stop
eating. Yesterday I ate 3 middle sized potatoes, baked, no filling, in the morning, and 3 potatoes (one large, two small), ...

Is it okay if i do this?
i wanted to know if it is bad that i have the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack everyday

breakfast:
glass of orange juice
bowl of oatmeal
banana

How many hours of sleep is necessary?
btw, I am a teenager, if that matters....

1 wanna loose a lot of weight really fast, i havent eaten in a 9dayz weight nots going fast enough i'm 14 help

My mom tells me I'm fat and lazy...?
I'm 5'6" and 167 lbs, but I carry my weight well... Is this okay of her?...

What the hell am I supposed to do????? SOS!!! please help ppl?
hey! I'm 17. I'm so sick and tired of the damn diet and all the exercise. I eat very little low calorie vegetarian food , do like 130 situps per day and someother work outs like leg ...

I'm so fat it kills me when i look in mirror.?
I am sooo incredibly fat. i try to work through these feelings by blocking them out but i cant block out the truth- you cant lie to yourself. The funny thing is my height and weight are normal but i ...

What are some good reasons to quit drinking soda?
I already decided I should quit drinking soda becouse it's not healthy, but it's hard to quit drinking it when it 's become a daily habit--I'm looking for some extra reasons to ...

If i go biking for an hour everyday will i lose weight?
even if i do eat a bit of junk ...

I need your honest opinion on my weight.?
i am 5'2" and 117 pounds. i am muscular on my legs and arms and sorta on my stomach. i try my best to get atleast 3 workouts every week, like dancing or riding my bike. i wear a size 5 in ...

How many times a day do u eat?
i eat twice a day breakfast and dinner!...

Am i overweight? please answer seriously!?
im 14 5'8" and i weigh 104lbs. how much should i lose to be at a healthy weight? and what is a healthy weight for my age and height? please answer seriously!...

How much weight will i lose if i starve myself?
OKAY i know the risks and its very dangerous but you have no idea im extremely desperate! i want to lose a lot of weight i have a week and 30 days to lose i dont know much but i really want to! ...

Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?
Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?...

Do i need to loose weight?
Ok so here's a picture of me:

http://i171.photobucket.

i think i should loose 6-11lbs. what do you think?...

I am 11 years old and i weigh 111 pounds. i am five foot three(tall) and i want to know if this is over weght?
i am generaly healthy, i want to know if anyone has thigh and lower abb exercises to keep me in shape and if anyone has any workout schedules i can use. the quicker the results the better. also meal ...

Am I underweight or just right??
I'm 12, 5'0 or 4'11'' (somewhere around there) and I weigh 90 lbs. i'm always energenic and HYPER!!! Am i underweight or ok???...

Lucy Chik
People say im too skinny and need to put on wieght... i disagree... why do they say this? im 6st and 12yrs...?
im confused, more than skinny i want to lose weight, my percent bodt fat is 15%... thats well high all my mates are 9%
Additional Details
to that person down there dont tell me to grow up! its a hard life my one so leave me alone please

ant
Rating
don't worry if u are Happy with your size then it OK I'm anorexic and i get tonnes off abuse but i let it float over mi head its the best way

Leigh C
Don't worry about what anyone says. I was rail thin all my life.I was 5'7 in high school and weighed 100 lbs. it wasn't until I turned 24 that I gained some weight but just enough to put some curves on. You are young and shouldn't be concerned w/ your weight. You still have the rest of your life to see how your body will mature.

hollisterluver
Rating
Well a lot of peoplle tell me the same thing.ask ur doctor if u are under weight if u r gain some weight. u dont wanna be unhealthy.

diannegoodwin@sbcglobal.net
Rating
See your doctor.
Remember, you're an individual. You aren't your friends. Do what's right for you.

Really peeved
look in the mirror at ur ribs from the front and the sides.
if u can see them clearly thru the skin u r too thin
if u can't quite then u r fine.

u didn't give ur height, can u put that on too.
there must be a teen site or such
eg teenhealth where u can check.
i will have a look and if it's there will leave a link.

http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_body/

J Candid
Rating
People say that to me all the time, but you don't need to take it so seriously! Learn to love your body, and try to take care of it in your own way, despite what others may say you need to do (except for a doctor - sometimes they may tell you what to do to keep from meeting an early death, but I'm sure that's not your case, just as it is not mine; but now I'm going off on a tangent).

sky
How tall are you.. I am 5ft and am meant to weigh (in a health club)7st.2lb, but i am actually 8st.7lb, i am not fat but need toning up, when i am 7st, i look anorexic, the taller you are the more you should weigh, (because you can carry it off) if you are 12 years old and am 6st and you are taller than your friends , then perhaps you should weigh a bit more than they do.. think about it..

Jullie
Rating
relax! it's just an "etiquette". i had those problems, too at your age. it's just that they don't have any other way to make you feel bad. feel good in your own body and it'll be okay.
a little piece of advice: wear light colors and a lot if big patterns on your blouse and t-shirts. it makes you look a little more fat.

нσиєѕт σиє
Rating
15% body fat for a girl is ideal. 9% is to lean for a girl. I'm not sure but I think 9% body fat would mess with a girl reproductive system at some point.

Check this out:http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm

hypermidgetâ„¢
Rating
you confuse me, i read your other questions and in some you 13, then all of a sudden your 12 again, well your not fat
and maaaan your 12 i thought you were older!
i sooo take back my answer to you buleimia[sp] question!
totally ignore that
i thought you were older so you'd understand that there are people like me in the world who think everyone is old enough to hear everything, well your too young...
anyways, if youve done that on some internet calcualtor thing well its probably innacurrate
and plus, i gaurantee that your friends are lying!
i can tell, see coz im clever, they just knock off half a stone and add a coupple of cms to their height, and its TOTALY different, test it out!
and plus, are your friends like midgets??
not that that has to do with anything, but ok w/e!
omgeeee, i have a good idea...
GET NEW FRIENDS!
that would be goood! and get ones that tell the truth! lying ones are always the most annoying, lock them all in a cupboard togetther and tell them the only way they will survive is if they eat each other!
=D
good
luck
[btw, you know im joking about the whole cupboard thing right, im not saying your stupid coz your 12, but im pretty stupid, and hell, im 15! =p ]

xxx

Andielep
Rating
Hiya Vicky, that sounds fine for somone who is 12yrs old. You must look lovely and slim. Don't wory about % body fat and adult woman has at least 22% and girls develop at different rates. Please don't try to loose any weight your adolescence could be seriously affected by this. Enjoy yourself when you are young . The people who say you are slim will right and they will also be concerned adults but they should try to remember that you are still growing and will start developing soon and therefore your body is using up a lot of energy on a daily basis.

Take care and Have a great weekend!

Mimi
hey, don' get hung up on your weight. I was tall and only 4st when I was 12, but as I go a bit older I filed out normally and now I am a good healthy weight.

All you must remember to do is to stay healthy, excercise and eat healthily, and nature will take it's course.

aimzapanda
Rating
I know how hard it is to grow up with the media screaming at young people with images of ultra skinny models but it is not healthly. If you want to be healthly and are really worried then just make sure you eat well and it will make you feel a lot better. We all come in different shapes and sizes and we all 90% of the time want to look different.

Forget body fay percentage and get out there and enjoy yourself!

smart ****
as long as ur happy with ur body dont let others get to u , just bare in mind the dangers if u are causing ur self to be that thin :-)

Amy D
People say my sister is to skinny all the time is she is 24 years old is 5'7 and weighs 110lbs her doctor however told her she is fine not to skinny at all. I think some people just dont know what they are talking about is all it is dont worry about it.

sarahluvssmarties
You're 12 lovey! Please please dont worry about things like this, you should be enjoying whats left of your childhood before you leave school and have to deal with even scarier problems. If you feel you need to lose weight i suggest you see a doc as you are borderline eating disorder. 15% bmi is NOT high, nine percent is too low.dont listen to these so called mates, if they love you they wouldnt comment on your weight. I spent my teenage years worrying about my weight and its taken me till 22 to realise that exercising a couple times a week and eating a little bit of what you fancy is the best way to go. Please enjoy food and be grateful you have a choice about whether you can eat.

_Lara_Bell_
Rating
Why does it matter? Really, don't worry about it, you are 12, eat when you are hungry and stop when you are comfortably full. Exercise and eat right and you will be the way you were MEANT to be.

BE HAPPY! Those girls are just jealous!

lorraine m
Rating
HI , people come in all different shapes and sizes ,if you have slim parents you are probably gonna have their build and you could have a high metabolism, if your eating correctly dont listen to other people ,you certainly dont need to loose weight ,have you an older sister or aunt you can talk to ,i have a daughter the same age as you so i am really quite worried about you ,i had a eating disorder at 14 and its horrible, everybody watching you and making you eat ,please be happy what god gave you ,i bet your a lovely looking girl ,like my daughter she is always asking if shes fat ,its a horrible age ,try talking to someone and dony lose any weight if your eating and keeping it in your blessed with a lovely figure dont abuse it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

woolly worm
COULD BE YOUR FRIENDS ARE JEALOUS. YOUR PERFECT THE WAY YOU ARE. DONT EAT A LOT OF GOOEY DESSERTS AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER (NOT ALL AT ONCE) BUT PERIODICALLY DURING THE COARSE OF THE DAY. EAT VERY LITTLE SALT AND SUGAR. BE SURE TO EXERCISE TOO

paulpoulboy.
Hi how are u?

Firstly dont listen to people who tell u to grow up, or to put your fingers down your throat.

Life can be tough at your age, and competing with school pals isnt easy.

However people will have the most respect for u if u decide to be your own person and do your own thing..

So forget about your mates body fat measurements are and dont worry about your own, you're thin enough.... remember its important to eat 3 healthy meals a day to have nice healthy hair skin and teeth..

6 stone is a little too thin.. if I was u I'd talk to my mum, dad, older brother sister, an aunt or a teacher about how u feel about your weight..

Too thin isnt good,dont let yourself be hungry..think Jlo Shakira ..think curves.

Be yourself, dont be upset by trying to copy pals and best of luck

choppie_uk
how tall are you ?

If you eat the right things and do enough exercise you can still put on weight and have a lower body mass index

The Shadow
People say I'm too skinny and bony also, but there is nothing I can do. I'm just made that way, and so are you. We all have different metabolism that dictates our weight as well as height,etc so don't worry. You are yourself. After all the world is full of people who are thin, fat, tall, short etc etc. I have always been thin and not able to put on weight and I am alot older than you - by at least 40 years.

rebecca
i am exactley the same and always have been just ignore them their probably jealous but if your weight does concern you try building your muscles a little x oh and dont make the mistake i did too of eating loads of junk to try and put weight on,it doesnt work and will ruin your health x

thedaddy
Rating
You do not need to lose any weight! you are your own person please dont try and be like your frends or any one else for that matter. Your a young girl and dieting at your age is un-nessecary and will only give you health problems. Being under weight can alot of side effects including brittle bones, dry skin, hair loss and effect a girls periods which can then lead to fertility problems when there older and want a baby. I suggest that you talk to your mum if you can about how your feeling or make an appointment to see your doctor for support or advice. look after yourself and be safe, dont follow what others are doing, put yourself and your health first! good luck

CLIVE H
Rating
You're doing okay. Take no notice of those who say you should put on weight. Carry on as you are. You are approaching womanhood, a difficult time. I just hope it all goes okay for you. Take care and stop worrying about your weight.

kphillips2@btinternet.com
Rating
Your 12 yrs old, do not spend your time worrying about your weight, eat right and exercise and you'll be fine. Everyones different do not grade yourself against others

champagne
Honey.i have just answered your other question,You are bordering on an eating disorder here.Please seek help.- email me if you want to hunny.

Dave X
EAT normally, LIVE normally, you will be OK.

t3h1
Rating
dont worry what your mates are, your too young to be thinking about losing weight anyway unless you were obese which your not.

iusedtolooklikemyavatar
Rating
I beg to differ. At 12yrs you cannot tell what sort of shape you will be in adulthood.
You should not be concerned with what people think you should look like at your age.

katy1pm
You're only 12 years old. You sound just fine. A little underweight or a little overweight.. it really doesn't matter. People come in all shapes and sizes, and it's usually genetic... the child of two tall thin parents will likely be tall and thin, the child of two short chubby people will likely be short and chubby. You can't be a body shape that you are not, even if you starve yourself. Please don't diet, you are at an important stage in life, where you need all the nourishment and vitamins you can get. If you mess around with dieting, you could affect the development of your body, causing problems when you are older. I know its hard to not focus on every little imperfection you think you have, but please try to learn to love yourself as a whole package, you'll be much happier in yourself! Good luck :-)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy