Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I couch potato???
I spend about 4-5 hours a day watching TV, playing video games, or on the computer during the week.
On weekends I spend about 8-9 hours a day doing this.
I consume 4000-5000 calories a day.T...

My BMI, am i over wieght?
I am about 5'1 , 32 D bra size, size 3 pants and 123 pounds..am i over weight?...

Why is it some people are skinny even without exercising? I even see them eat more than what I eat?
I am doing exercises and eat less but still overweight?...

Help Me loss 20 pounds?

Ok, I NEED HELP! Please! I want someone who know facts and who can help me.?
And I don't want any crap like "Your body goes into starvation mode and you get fat."

I'm 14 years old, 5'5", and weigh 130 lbs.

How can I lose ...

Hi, Im 14 years old and 5 foot 3 inches do you thing that is short for a 14 year old?

I weigh 100 pounds and need to lose 50 pounds by tomorrow! what can I do?

How many push ups a day would i have to do to add on 5 pounds of muscle to my arms in 1 month?
how many push ups would i have to do to add on 5 pounds to my arms in 1 month and how many crunches would i have to do to subtract 2 inches from my waist?...

I just realized I gained 239 pounds in a two year period. How did it sneak up on me??

I am 13 and i am 5foot 4 and i weigh 160. am i fat?
i just want to ...

Why do my friends always say that I am fat?
I weigh a 129 lbs and I am 5'3. I My measurements are 38'27'39.
My friends say that this large and always talk about how big I am. I am 18 yrs and I know I should not let this get ...

How do i motivate my gf to reduce weight?
my gf's put on a few (more than few actually) extra pounds, how do i motivate her to reduce weight without offending her?...

What are some good natural ways to stay awake in class without using drugs?
No drugs or caffeine....

I don't think I'm anorexic, But...?
I'm really self conscience with the way I look, And constantly I look in the mirror and can't stand how fat I look.
I feel like I have The biggest stomach, especially after I eat.

How can you lose weight WITHOUT exercise?

Does starving your self work?
ok i weigh 130 pounds and im 5'8 i want to weight 100 pounds is that unhealthy and how do i lose weight and im 12...

How does one effectively quit smoking?
i have tried twice and the first time i quit it lasted just about a month or os...then the second time around 3 days..i've been smoking for 3 years now and im only 19..turing 20 on july 26.....

Am I too skinny?
I am 5 ft 2in and i weigh 93 lbs. I am a very active person and I love eating fruit! I'm healthy and I also have muscle on me from dance but i know that i am thin. I am naturally thin but am I ...

When did you last walk over one mile?
I did yesterday....

What can i do to gain weight?

Shelby.
PLEASE hELP ME!!!?
okay so i need to lose weight majorly. i developed a workout plan. any suggestions?

Monday: 60 minutes on treadmill.

Tuesday: 25 minutes on treadmill and 20 minutes DDR.

Wednesday: 35 minutes of Pilates and 200 crunches.

Thursday: 60 minutes on treadmill.

Friday: 15 minutes treadmill and 45 minutes DDR.

Saturday: 35 minutes of Pilates and 20 minutes on treadmill.

Sunday: 40 minutes on treadmill and 25 minutes DDR.
Additional Details
i want to lose about 40 pounds by the end of may

CSfan20
Rating
You can't just start out doing that type of workout. Try starting slow and then every week make it a little harder

Zeke
Start out small. Get your muscles used to doing exercises first. Then gradually increase the amount of time you work out.
If you don't, you will be putting a lot of strain on your body, and you can injure yourself.

hurt
Rating
work out three times a day or three days in a row but rest on the 4th day. loosing weight and toning takes time

G-man
That's a pretty decent cardio. routine, but I do have a few suggestions that will help get you over the edge.

Exercise Frequency - Cut back to 6 days. The body does need time to recuperate and if you work out too hard or too much the body can actually resist losing weight and slow your metabolism because it's afraid you're "under attack".

Exercise Variety - You've mixed it up a bit, but try to substitute some of the treadmill days for biking, swimming, elliptical machine, aerobics, etc. If you're always doing the same exercises the body actually gets "used" to it and the exercise becomes less effective over time ... EVEN if you're doing it at high intensity.

Weights - Not sure what the DDR stood for, but if it's NOT a toning (low weight, high reps) routine, add in some weight lifting. Again LOW WEIGHT and HIGH REP. This adds muscle mass to your body that amps up metabolism EVEN when sleeping and resting. Fat can't burn calories ... only muscle can ... so you need to increase your muscles as you lose weight to keep the trend going. This doesn't mean you have to be Mrs. Universe ... you're shooting for "tone" not massive muscles.

Water - Drink a minimum of 12 eight ounce glasses a water a day .. plus 1 more for every 1/2 hour of exercise ... this seems like a ton of water ... but the body needs water for everything it does and dehydration signals the body to store water and calories not burn them.

Sleep - Get 7 -8 hours of sleep a night ... clinical studies show that dieters that sleep for 7 - 8 hours a night lose more fat than those that don't.

Stress - Try to relax and take out some "me" time. Constant stress triggers the body to be in a "flight or fight" mode which releases stress hormones that slow metabolism.

Diet - The Key to losing weight is exercise and watching what you eat. First point ... make sure you EAT! Starvation diets never work and actually cause the body to slow metabolism while increasing the chance that you'll "cheat". Eat 6 small meals a day. There are tons of eating recommendations out there, but if you focus on good lean meats, low sugar vegetables (i.e. avoid corn and be careful with tomatoes), and Low Glycemic, "Complex" carbohydrates. (Note: Carbs. are not necessarily bad ... just choose complex carbs and eat them in moderation: Choose whole grain breads, nuts, oatmeal, etc. AVOID White bread, white rice, white pasta, candy, cookies, sweets, fruit juice, etc.)

Good luck ...you've got a good start!!

Lolly
You are very ambitious! My advice is start slow. And eat healthy. Cut all complex carbs out of your diet and only eat carbs from vegetable sources. Also no sugar!

_~^*^~_ Ninja Fighter_~^*^~_
just try to keep what u eat 1500 calories n b-low =Dlol

folklore
You have made a very nice plan. I only hope it is realistic for you and you have set out to succeed. Remember you are not changing who you are, but rather improving the already nice person you are.

kristen
What is DDR?

Anyway, just try not to overdo it or you won't want to keep it up. You may also end up sustaining an injury. I know, b/c I did.

itskind2bcruel
not too bad, but are you going to change your eating habits as well? remember, cardio+weight training+healthy eating=weight loss. you need to burn more calories than you eat to lose weight. you need to exercise 30-60 minutes a day to burn fat and reap all of the benefits of exercise. it needs to be consistent. secondly, you need to reconfigure your eating style. start eating 3 moderate meals a day and 3 small snacks a day adding up to about 1800 calories to lose weight. to maintain weight, you need about 2300 calories a day. eat plenty of brightly colored fruits, vegies, berries, low fat and natural proteins such as chicken, fish, ham, nuts, peanut butter, beans, and low fat dairy and soy products and high fiber, whole grain, whole wheat pastas, cereals, crackers, etc. make sure to drink plenty of water and green teas, and try to drink no more than one or two cans of diet soda a day. invest in a pedometer to monitor how many steps you take a day and increase it weekly until you are walking between 10,000 and 20,000 steps a day. this will take work to change your lifestyle, but it's the only way to get healthy. good luck.

nealejess401
Rating
You should also take a fat burner pills...check your local drug store, also drink plenty of water & green tea. Fill up on a lot of fruit & veggies. Eat slow , the slower you eat the less food you need to fill up on. Don't eat past 7pm. Don't forget breakfast & protein shakes would also help.

monkeyfeveer
Rating
Well if you eat Subway it would be better. Drink water planely and excercise that will make you lose 20 pounds in 2 or 3 months.

CK1
Add some fiber to your diet. Kelloggs makes some cereal with 50% of your daily intake. This will help you a little.

dan
Just stop eating greasy foods and candy..and more veggies and fruit and you'll be just fine...

i do [wanna get close to you]
It's fine btu don't be like focused on it all the time.

no free rides
Rating
You really only need to work out 4-6 days per week. You should cut back a little.

Wicawango Fan
I would cut out some of long treadmill jogs and replace them with different exercises. Like try lifting some weights. Do a couple of push-ups(start small with push-ups like only doing 5-10 a day until you get stronger). If you can, go swim a few laps at a YMCA. Try doing different exercises. Remember, you should give your body a rest every so often. Give yourself a day or two a week where you don't do any exercises at all. Also, if you want to lose weight, you should try to eat healthy. Eat fruits and vegetables instead of sugary snacks. Drink water instead of pop. To discover the best workout and diet for you, you should go and ask your doctor. Good luck! :)

Billy
Rating
you should cut out one day of excercise. and stop eating junk.... if you were. dont completely tire your self out.

Calvin Coutureâ„¢
if u truely want to lose wait u dont have to work out that hard. just every day go for a long walk or jog and eat only 3 meals a day stay aways from snacks just small ones like a granola bar every once and a while and eat healthy

bluenote
wow...determined you are! I would suggest giving yourself at *least* one day off of anything scheduled. That doesn't necessarily mean you MUST sit on the couch all day of course, but give yourself a break or you could burn out.

Beyond that, I exercise regularly too but I don't know what's right for you because I don't know your specific situation (age, overall health, weight, etc.)

Regardless, I would stress developing a plan that you can see yourself maintaining long term for years as your lifestyle. If you only focus on the short term, you'll always be struggling with the problem up and down. Develop a pattern--a sustainable habit that you can see yourself doing for the next 5 years. Weight is part of health of course, but focus more on being healthy and the weight will follow. :-)

I really admire you and keep up the momentum! Just don't have a plan that could burn you out on working out, because working out feels AWESOME when you find that longer term groove that's right for you. You've got a fire lit under you and don't let anyone (especially yourself) put it out. Instead, spread that energy out so it can stay lit over the long term. You are changing your whole life for the better.

aiguyaiguy
Take a multivitamin and a capsicum capsule with lunch to improve your calorie burn.

Take 1 Psylum capsule with dinner so you get full quicker and digest slower making it easier to avoid nighttime snacking. The psylum gives you natural fiber. Don't overdo the psylum though, two will act as a mild laxative.

Stay away from refined sugar and animal fats. Vegetable fats from nuts and olives are Ok.

Drink lots of cold water. Your body has to heat the water to body temperature. This heating burns calories.

kea
for ddr: i play it every day even though im not overweight. when playing ddr, put it on workout and if you want easy mode, put it on one of the fastest songs. for advanced mode: play the medium ones and fast. for heavy: do all the songs. i mostly do heavy.

Jazzy
Make sure that whatever you are doing is vigorous and not just like slow. Set DDR on high and on work out mode, do treadmill at like 3-4 mph and work up

AND STICK TO IT!!! DONT GIVE UP or take breaks saying that you will do double tomorrow.

Also, eat healthy and cut out junk food and like white bread, etc. Eat more fruits and lean meats like fish.

♥crazybride22♥®
Thats a good plan, however the key is PERSISTENCE.

There will be days when you don't feel like working out and feel like bingeing, but you have to be strong and persistent. I have been yoyo-ing my weight and it's a battle :(. Right now I concentrate on cardio, and when I lose my water weight I'll go back to weight training.

Best of luck to you! and btw the other answerer is right you forgot your diet...you should stick with negative calorie diet and you'll be in shape in no time. But you have to take supplements though, so you won't feel weak.

take care! :D

kinacl
Good for you. I think this is a perfect plan for you. You go girl, I'm a nurse.

chrisbrown's gurl
thats good keep it up!!

Cory
Rating
looks like a good plan. but make sure to follow the plan everyday, everyweek. stick to the plan everyday of everyweek. even if the scale tells you that your arn't getting results, that may be because you are replacing the fat with muscle. so make sure you stick to the plan.

©âÌ� mé ©®äzŸ ™
that sounds absolutely gr8, but are u sure ur gonna stick to that? u will have to spend averagly an hour on working out every day. are u sure u have the time? if so, then id say thats a great plan. you should keep one day off like sunday for rest to rest your muscles and so u dont work yourself too far. also have a balanced diet w/ good food choices. good luck (and by the way i love DDR!!!) ♥♥♥

paris
thats a good work out but you also need to watch what you eat you need healthy foods and low fat and calories foods

Tina
You might get one day like sunday your body a rest day and go walk. Also you might want to go slow at first and work up to say 200 crunches. Also eat a balanced diet.

juan m
you forgot your diet! lol

chargirl_313
that plan is good, but maybe you should get a personal trainer.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, September 1, 2011
Terms of use - Privacy Policy