Ok... I am 5"5 or 5"6 about and i weigh 120 lbs... is that ok?? i feel so fat.. no joke!?

All i know is that i have friends that are so skinny.. and then there is me.. i think i am fat but my friends dont.. and idk if i should trust them or not because idk if they are just saying that beca...

All i know is that i have friends that are so skinny.. and then there is me.. i think i am fat but my friends dont.. and idk if i should trust them or not because idk if they are just saying that because they are my friends... so is it normal to weigh that much at my height?

Jim G
Rating
You are fine with those numbers and body image is an important thing for people your age. Everyone is different and everyone is fine.

kat
Rating
That is perfect. In fact I would call that skinny. I'm 5'5" and I used to weight 127, but now I weight 160. I really wish I was back at my old weight. You could weight up to 140 or so without being overweight. Believe your friends. You are a perfect weight. Do not feel fat. You aren't.

comete mi boca☆♥☆
Rating
Your not overweight. I think 120 is normal weight for your height.

Jeff
Rating
That is a very good weight for your height.

There is a big problem with T.V. stating/showing that skinny is better, and/or more sexier !!

It is a lie.

Most of the models on T.V. are anorexic.

They are unhealthy.

As long as a person is not obese, they are just fine.

As long as you are comfortable with who you are and with your body. That's what is IMPT.!

eddie_schaap
Sounds like you're under weight, not over.

Pook
Rating
I'm 5'4 116lbs... I use to be 102lbs, and I complained all the time, now i wish I would of just shut and up and enjoyed it. LOL.. your weight is fine. you better enjoy it now while you can

twelvy1972
the general rule of thumb for women is if ur 5 feet tall u shud be 100 lbs, and then add 5 lbs per inch. Ur just about good, maybe even 5-10 lbs under.

Liddy is Lost
Yes, you should trust your friends when they tell you that you are NOT FAT. You are very slim and sound healthy. HTH : )

MANDEE
ARE YOU SERIOUS??? IM 5'5" AND ONLY WEIGH 113...IM TOO THIN, I WISH I COULD GET UP TO ABOUT 125...THATS MY "IDEAL" WEIGHT FOR MY HEIGHT, SO EITHER 5'5" OR 5'6" YOU ARE A LITTLE UNDER WEIGHT, YOU ARE SO FAR FROM BEING FAT....GET OVER IT! ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE OTHERS LOOK @ US LIKE WE HAVE EATING DISORDERS, "IM SO FAT" WHEN CLEARLY YOU ARENT

SERIOUSLY....GET OVER IT!

SotiCoto
Listen here:

I'm 5'10" ... I'm a bloke... I'm 130lbs... and I'm underweight.
Not hugely underweight, but still underweight. Most of my mass is in my bones too. Bones make the shape of a person... and I have a very distinct skeletal structure. The only way you can tell I'm underweight is because there is very little -between- the bones in my case.

You... are NOT overweight.
You're shorter and lighter than me... a little bit more emphasis on the short than the light... but not by much. You are most likely on the low side of average.
Yes... the LOW side... i.e. the light rather than heavy side.
Don't forget that women are supposed to have more body-fat than men...

Seriously.... Eat more... not less. And you might want to do something about your psyche if you feel fat. I'd be more worried about becoming underweight in your condition.... Its NOT fun.

luveeduvee
Rating
Thats how much I weighed in high school and same height. You are so NOT fat. You are thin and the perfect weight. Love yourself and stop wasting time even thinking about it.

luvlee_lolo
120 lbs... sweetie, you're practically a skeleton! i'm 5'6" and 145 lbs.. i definetly don't think i'm fat... im not skinny but i look healthy and i (and the boys) love my curves! Who looks better, Nicole Richie or J-Lo??

blu
Rating
120 -- 5"5' is a good size to be. What you may want to ask yourself is why you are not happy in your own skin. Usually us women turn all of our problems inward. Don't beat yourself up just try and solve whatever problem is causing you to view yourself in a bad way.

aqwaters
Rating
NO WAY! I weighed about twice that much when I was that tall.

rixie987
Rating
your actually not that heavy i think you should talk to your doctor if your still concerned

Blank
Rating
It sounds to me your a good weight but you can look up your BMI here at http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/ this will tell you.

mlgable
Your weight sounds fine for you height. If you don't like the way parts of your body look ie: your stomach or buttocks then you need to exercise those parts to get them in shape. Skinny has nothing to do with weight and has more to do with body type and bone structure. Not all people have tiny waists no matter what they weigh.

ravenmo2003
There is no way that 120 pounds on a person that is 5"5 or 5"6 should be considered as to much weight.I`m 5"4 and weigh 114 pounds and I like that weight on me

Syd
honey, thats a great size. im 5'6" and 160, and in no way do i look large. it has to do with your body type. dont worry about it, size isnt that important

Admiral Question
I have to admit that I cannot picture you simply knowing your height and weight. You might want to talk with your family doctor.

Having said that, I find that a lot of women and girls are too concerned about their weight, they're worried that they're "fat" or overweight when they are not.

It may be due in part to the media or to the fact that they're not told how nice they look or that they're at a good weight or because people insult them unfairly.

I would believe your friends and relax; if they're truly your friends then they are telling you the truth and you are fine. Please don't compare yourself to others whether or not you think they're beautiful or thin or whatever. Learn to accept yourself as you are and take good care of yourself, eat in a healthy way and I'm sure you will be fine.

Lilywhite
Rating
you're fine, you have nothing to worry about. just make sure you're toned and fit, not flabby!

Mimi U
Why are you equating your self worth by your weight? You weigh 120lbs and stand '5 "5/"6 . Since I don't know your if your frame is slight , medium or heavy set, I can't be positive,but you seem to actually be somewhat UNDER weight.

You need a general moderate workout program coupled with a HEALTHY BALANCED VARIED diet to stay fit and trim, and by healthy I'm sure you know perfectly well what that should look like! If you don't know, then visit the website of the American Medical Association.

Maybe what you seek is a means to better define your musculature. See your doctor,and speak honestly about your worries about your weight and physique. Do not allow youself to fall victim to this "skinny model" syndrome. Anorexia nervosa is a very dreadful disease to develop,but you may fall ill if you keep on yourself like this - that is one sickness that definitely starts in your mind.

cheercraZcoach
Your weight sounds fine- Don't fall into that way of thinking! You should work towards a better self esteem. Girls want to fit in and often feel like their looks will determine their popularity- but just realize that everyone and everything on this earth is made differently! Humans are supposed to look and function uniquely!
Please don't feel you have to be superskinny to be popular. Your true friends will like you no matter what.

soxrcat
Rating
You are not overweight for your height. Just get in shape. Good Luck.

Aria
no your not fat. check this out. you are healthy. and i bet youre beautiful so stop obsessing.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

xoxsugarrbabe
What I do to be you.

I'm 13, 5'3 and 43 pounds.

allembr
Sounds about right to me.

lydiaironside@rogers.com
Rating
You are definitely not fat. If you were to look up how much you are supposed to weigh at that height, you are well within range. You could also do a BMI test (you can find them online)...and you will see that you are definitely not overweight at all. If you're really not happy with your weight, maybe you could start doing some exercise...its proven to increase happiness and reduce depression...so you'll be happier with your body and they way it looks. And curves are sexy.
However, if you really are unhappy, you should seek some help. I was very unhappy with my body for a long time, and now I see what a waste of time it was to worry about how I looked. You don't want to throw your life away just to be skinny, trust me.

montage
Rating
You know what it is perfectly normal. you can take me as an example... I'm 5"7 and I weigh 150 lbs. I truly think that you are not fat even though I've never seen and I don't know you. It is all in your mind and maybe you should replace thinking that you're fat with something else. Something more positive maybe. I know this because I am in exactly the same boat as you, but you just gotta stop thinking of yourself in that way because eventually you might actually become fat.

SpinKick
of course youre not fat!!!! you shouldnt say that.....actually 120 seems about perfect for you.....

you should feel better about yourself...i bet you have a great body, you just have to open your eyes and see yourself, not your friends.

not to be a perv, but i bet you got some nice curves on you. some hips, some ace, etc....guys like a girl with some shape to her, something they can grab a hold of!!! lol.........

dont let your friends control how you feel about yourself.......just remember that you are beautiful, you are hot, you are sexy and everything will take care of itself.

Cristi@n
is perfect