Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Which is the best time of day for working out?
or does it matter? Also is it better to work out at the same time every day or does it not matter? I want to do what works ...

Do you find losing weight difficult?

What will happen if i don't eat anything for a long time?
i just started to not eating anything today but im going to do this for another month to see if i loose weight what will ...

I feel like I'm hungry, but I know I'm not?
I ate dinner about 2 hours ago. I have this pang in my stomach that feels like I'm hungry, but I know I'm not. I eat pretty well, I just get these cravings for food before I go to bed. What&...

I heard eating food at night IS NOT FATTENING??
Is this person right, or just high?? ...

I am 13 years old i am 5' 7 in. i weigh 95 lbs. is that okay?
People say that i am and look anerexic.
I am a major athlete, i play 5 sports all year round
I do eat, lately i havent been eating as much but, i usually eat A LOT.
I am tall for my ...

CHOCOLATE ADDiCT!! HELP!!?
i am addicted to chocolate and its so bad.. when i go without for like a week i start craaaavin it disgustingly and i get really hungry and nothing can satisfy the craving except chocolate... and i ...

How to lose 20 pounds quick!!???
okay...school is starting in a week for me and I want to lose weight quick because... I am not fat I just have a little belly that I need to get rid of quick!!! please help me!!!...

What is a good way to lose weight at home maybe besides excersing???
Please tell me something i can do to lose weight at home besides excersing please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Do i sound over weight?
be honest!!!!

im 15 almost 16 and im
guys would you that
"5'4" and i weigh 134...

Am i overweight?

Best answer is 10points...please help?
i have a huge butt and i just want it to shrink
is there anything i can do to lose wieght off of it and pleasee dont answer if your gonna say "there isnt anything u can do to lose wieght ...

Is there a fun way of burning calories?

What is the best way to lose 20 pounds in about 2 months?
i would like to lose weight before school starts agian. and i would like for people to see a change in me. i have lost 35 before i weighed 175 and now im 140 and i would like to finish what i have ...

Is swimming laps a good way to loose weight?
30 mins. a day, or just about every day.
and not just swimming around. swimming laps, freestyle, breaststroke....

Can you really bounce if you are fat enough?

Need to lose inches but no motivation.?
I need to lose around 3 inches around my waist but I can't stick to a healthy diet without going broke and I don't have a lot of motivation to get up and exercise. Anyone have any tips on ...

How many pounds in 1 stone?

How much water should you drink to keep you healthy?

On average.. how many times a day should a person go number 2?? I usually go every other day..?
Im not constipated or anything.. ive pretty much always been like this...is this normal ?.....

payal k
My age is 20 & my height is 5'1 . how can i increase my height. this is serious no funny responses. thankyou
i am using yoko and i also ordered super-growth is there any way i can do more than this. i also do the stretching exercises. please let me know if you know anybody has made it that would boost my confidence.

christina.lorraine
Learn to walk smoothly in 4 inch heels.

At 20 your done growing, you might be able to gain 1/2 inch by making sure your posture is good. (but if it is already....)

Sorry for the bad news.

someguy_7_8
your growth plates are closed. can't grow taller. any suppliment stating it can do just that is a scam. save your money and spend it on high heels or something.

If you would have though about it while still going through puberty, you could have taken growth hormone during puberty and that would have made you grow taller. ofcourse with the consent and guidance of a doctor. Many doctors will not be willing though to give someone growth hormone so young just for that reason though. your pg has to be malfunctioning. either way, it's too late. don't worry about it. short girls are cute.

LGD
Rating
Surgery on your shins, and/or silicon on the top of your head. But it will only be marginal -- you won't get to be six feet (182cm) tall or anything.

I suppose you could be like Kim Jong Il of North Korea and wear high heeled shoes, but you'd just look silly.

HappyMom
Rating
I do not think you can grow or increase your height now.. .Generally girls stop growing after some age --- 14...

Wea high heals if you can... Do not wear long dresses.. wear short upto knee... that will make you look taller. Hav short hair style. You should search on internet about few more tips

nephthys76
you cannot increase your height, it is predetermined at birth. You are wasting your money.

Feeling Mutual
Try gravity boots, where you hang upside down.

Art @13
Rating
There's a solution
You could look tall by the way you dress
Yes, there is a way to wear tall shoes without looking rediculous
Wear smaller dresses
and tall sandal like the ones on payless
And wear your hair on a high ponytail

Maddi
i don't think it's possible, i'm sorry, but you should be happy with your height! lots of people i know are somewhere around that, and they are totally happy with it. you don't need to be taller. and if you feel like being taller once in a while, wear high heels! it's fun!

♫ThisCharmingWoman
I really don't think it's possible. Try to accept who you are. I bet you're beautiful despite not being really tall. Being tall isn't everything. Just drink plenty of water and milk and eat lots of fruit and veg.

<3
Stilletos

go4itgirl
Rating
True Story:
my friend was 5'4" at age 28 when she lived in Arkansas, she moved to Florida, and she is now 5'7" !!
She said it was from the sunshine with Vit. D in it!!

steplift20
where high heels short woman are more atrractive than those tall woman
good things come in small packages

Jen
Rating
Hate to break this to you honey...you may have a grow spurt but you are most likely stuck at that height since your bones have stopped growing.

bkilkenny
Rating
www.howtogrow.com

Ranqwar
Rating
At your age, it will be expensive, difficult and painful.

The process requires having your legs surgically broken and your legs stretched a VERY little bit each day. What happens is your bones while trying to knit back together will keep trying to "fill-in" the gap provided by the stretching. It is a very slow process.

But I think at your height, any doctor will tell you that you aren't a good candidate for this procedure.

Beth419
Rating
I dont think theres much you can do.. Where high heels?

DV8
Height is genetic. Stuff like super growth is for muscles, and it will only make you wither fat (if you don't exercise enough) or help you build muscles. And again, stretching is for your muscles, not your bones. Quit with the growth supplements! All you're going to do is overload your body with protein! Do what my aunt does and wear platforms! Or just get used to it. Spend your time worrying on something you can actually change.

Michael
There really is no way to make yourself taller by now, you are how your genes made you. Milk helps to add height when you're a teenager, but you're done growing by now. Those super-growth formulas don't really add height, but they can make you fat if you take them without working out. They're basically protein shakes but labeled to sell to people who want to be taller. Stretching exercise can make you flexible, but they won't necessarily make you taller, maybe a centimeter or two. I'm not trying to shatter your confidence, but just tell you what's realistic.

You can always wear heels. Many girls wear those if they want to feel taller, and they're fashionable too. They also make those platform sandals, and other platform shoes. Standing up straight, holding your neck (not letting it lean like most peope), wear the right clothes, they can all make you look confidant. You're a girl, so you can get away with being short. You may not be tall, but it's not like there is something noticeably wrong with someone just because they are short. Plus us tall people can get weaker spines when we hit middle age.

Sakaki C
Rating
You can't grow anymore because you're already an adult.The plan b option it to get surgery in your legs but thats NOT a good Idea.

IAME
UM you can't really
just learn to live with it

Cari
I am 46 and 4.9... the best way to boost your self-confidence is not to change your height, but to change the story you tell yourself about your height. If you tell yourself it's a disaster that you're short, it will be. Find another story - the world needs tall and short... not just tall people.

Alison M
my best friends bro is obsessed with becoming taller, and he does alot of stretching excercises. he was 5'11 and now he is 6'0. hope it works out for you!

Jesse =D
Lol you aren't going to grow anymore. Don't worry about it. I'm 17 and have been 5'2 for years lol.

FORZA ITALIA!!
nope that is your height!
learn to live with it.
don't worry i am not to tall either

Superwoman
Rating
you can't

you're done growing

Finn
You could wear taller shoes, that's the only thing I can think of.

bushisaterrorist
5'1 isn't a bad height as long as you have confidence. One of my best friends is around five feet and every one envies the way she carries herself. The only way that you could increase your height now is to wear heels, but they are so uncomfortable. You may just want to accept yourself.

PUtuba7
The treatments you are using would only be effective in an individual whose cartilaginous growth plates hadn't fused yet. Because you are 20 years old, your growth plates have fused and it is nearly impossible to grow any more than you have. The only way to add any height would be to go through a procedure in which doctors repeatedly break your limbs and stretch them to force the bones to add more material. You are going to be the height you are for the rest of your life if you take care of yourself, it would be best to learn to accept it and live with it.

Sui
Rating
You get leg surgery

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy