Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How can I get out of P.E.?
Yes, I am lazy....

Im 13 lost alot of weight and ive just blacked out !! but i feel fat what do i do !!?
Hey im laura im 13 over the last few weeks ive starved myself i feel so fat people call me fat ive lost alot of weight and im starting to like how i look but i cant stop what im doing ive just ...

Tell me the easiest & fastest way to put on weight???
I'm sixteen, terribly Handsome, but the only drawback I have is my Weight 55kgs which isn't matching my Height 5'9'' (five feet nine inches) Kindly let me know some useful ...

How can I get more muscle in my legs?
and arms and how can I get great ...

I'm a thin vegetarian male, whats the best way for me to gain muscle without having to eat meat?
I'm 30 years old, 6ft with a 30" in wist which I want to keep but how do I bulk up on muscle on my chest, arms and legs without eating loads of meat? I go to the gym for about 2 hours 3 ...

Is drinking water bad? water weight?
I heard drinking water is good and that drinking alot of water can help yu looe weight, but then whats water weight? So do I gain weight drinking water?...

Im 16 and im seriously overweight i need to loose weight any ideas?
well im very overweight i dont like many vegetables and i am very pickey at what i eat i really need help because i dance a lot and im the largest in the group and hate it please help me and dont say ...

Does the stomache shrink when a person looses weight?

My butts way to big for my body, what do I do?
I am a regular sized prson Not fat nor super skinny
Additional Details
OMG people I am like the most atheltic girl in my school!!! i don't think i need to do any more work outs than ...

Whats the most effective way to fight cravings for sweets, chocolate or pastry?

I am an 18 year old who has a beer belly, is there a solution?
I have gained 50 pounds in the course of one year. I wieghed in about 170 when I was 17 now I am 220, and I have grown but not too much. Most of the weight was stored in my abdominal area. I have ...

How can i get thinner arms?

For the guys?
what do u boys think about a girls weight? does it matter? i mean do u like model skinny, curvy, fat, whatever??? do they have to be a certain weight? what? just tell me wat ya think please :)...

Yea i have 8 kids?
me an my hubby work damn hard an no we claim no state benefits.all my children were wanted and are loved.and yes we have a telly yawnnnnnnnn.and id much rather be a size 12 then a size 22 plus im ...

5'10 model only 110lbs !!??
I watched a news program last night about how models smoke to suppress their appetite so that they don't have to eat; this one chick said she was 5'10 and 110 pounds! I was thinking of ...

Am i anorexic?
i dont eat breakfast and i dont eat lunch at school.i am naturally very skinny (one of those people who can eat a ton but never get fat). i dont eat not bcuz i think i am fat...i just dont like ...

How many calories a day?
How many calories a day should you have to be healthy but loose some weight. I know its more than 1000....

14 years old 5'4 and i weigh 117!!?
Do i need to lose weight??...

Is this a healthy body type for my age?
Im 13, about 137 lbs. 5'4 size 6-8...do you think I should start excercising more and eating much more healthier, or not worry about it for a while?
Additional Details
If you think I...

Does alcohol speed up your metabolism while on a diet?

Cassie
Me anorexic? -10 lbs. in 1 week?
Ok, so, I just wanted to ask an outer source. How do I know if I've gone too far, and when have i crossed that line that i didn't want to cross into an eating disorder? All my friends say they are worried about me because I never eat lunch at school, and they don't know about me skipping breakfast. right now i'm 5'2 and 128 lbs. I may have thin-ish legs, but i hate this stomach flab! I lost 20 lbs in the 7th grade, and ever since, I 've been trying to lose more so i can wear cute bikinis and not want to hide. Now that I've been skipping meals, I'm losing. I even lost 10 pounds last week! I recently started taking 2 exlax every day. I have been more stressed though, as well as weak and dizzy...

DO I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER? IS THIS BAD?

Keyoshiaura
well maybe you should slow down cuz i am 5'3'' and 131 lbs and i look great don't try to loose anymore weight cuz i'm sure you even look better than me in a bikini

Nikki aka nicky
no no no stop it

Lady Dragon
I am more than a little concerned for you. There is nothing wrong with maintaining a healthy weight but you have to go about it in the right way. Skipping meals and taking ex lax is NOT safe. The safest way to lose weight is proper diet and nutrition and exercise. This means eating 3 meals a day and eating the right kinds of foods.
Being 128 lbs is a good weight for your height. If you continue doing what you are doing you will end up losing too much weight and having an eating disorder.

Liasonsupercouple
You don't have a eating disorder. I am doing the same thing to lose weight!!! except for the exlax. If your getting dizzy than consider lots of vegetables and fruits, my friend claims that it helps with the dizziness. and vegetables makes you strong!!!!

canuck1950
Rating
The moment you started skipping meals and taking laxatives is when you crossed the line. The only way to lose weight and keep it off without damaging your body and ruining your health is through a sensible diet and Exercise. STOP the laxatives immediately, begin eating 4 - 6 small meals a day and exercise. The max amount you can safely lose in a week is 2 pounds.

oliv3r4eva
Rating
yes and yes

Stephanie T
Stop w. the laxatives. Your body needs nutrients & eating one meal a day isn't going to cut it. Stick to healthy food (around 1200-1300 calories per day) & try to do 30 minutes of some kind of exercise every day - you can even walk for 10 minutes at a time 3 x per day. Eating the right foods will help your skin, your bones, everything that keeps you working. And you will lose weight. You are already on your way, so let the self-destructive stuff go & give your body what it needs to be healthy & beautiful!

Alessia
All you're doing is shitting out water.

Your regimen is fantastic if you're aiming to get up to 148 lbs.

By skipping meals, you're just ruining your metabolism.

Once it's ruined, it's permanent - I hope you know that.

Exlax is going to make your body completely dependent on those, and you'll have to keep taking them in stronger and stronger doses until you can't schit no matter how many you take.

By the time you've reached this point, of course, you'll probably have been hospitalized for electrolyte loss or internal bleeding.

After all this... guess what? You're still 128 lbs! (Maybe even 138)

You're not anorexic, you're just playing around with some really stupid stuff that won't even make you thinner. What a rip off, right?

I can totally understand if you want to lose weight, but don't be such a pathetic *** about it. Stop being melodramatic about it and just eat healthier and move more.

feelingouterbanxious
Rating
Not YET, but you are dangerously close into eating disorder territory. As someone who has a love-hate relationship with their body, I know how it is to realize you've lost weight, and do what you can to keep seeing that number go down. I find when I skip meals, I'm more miserable. It's all about finding an healthy balance to where you're still eating, but losing weight, and not depriving your body of what it needs.

Do yourself a favor and when you're hungry, snack on raw vegetables, like celery and carrots....or have baked meat (chicken or fish) and some fresh raw veggies as a meal. Eat the majority of your carbs in the AM hours to give yourself some energy for the day (you'll burn them off by daily routine alone), and in the evening, eat low-carb foods.

Lay off the Ex-Lax and simply eat healthy... raw veggies, baked meats, and carbs in the early part of the day. You'll get the nutrition you need and you won't feel stressed and miserable. The Ex-Lax is what makes you miserable, weak, and dizzy. It's not healthy to take it for weight loss.

Try what I do and hopefully you'll feel better! A nutritionist suggested it to me and it did wonders! I could eat, stay healthy, and still keep my weight balanced! He literally saved me from an ED relapse!!!

FeatherHead
Rating
Yes....you have an eating disorder...get some professional help...it is serious, and nothing to take lightly.

www.kitkatsblog.tk
yes- eating disorder. see a doctor, talk to your parents. EAT! You are losing weight, but it isn't long lasting it's probably water weight or muscle. c'mon, if you want to do this, do it the HEALTHY way!

Kimberly V
Rating
You need to stop taking exlax and start eating. If you want to loose weight do it the right way! Cut out the sweet crap and eat fruits and veggies and lean meats. EXERCISE build muscle! You are only hurting your your body by not eating and taking drugs! (yes, exlax is a drug!) Eat Breakfast! It has been proven that if you eat a good healthy breakfast you will eat less throughout the day.

If you feel you cannot stop go and get some help!

mokellus
Rating
GIrl, getr help! If you are taking exlax, that is too far. If you are not eating, then there is nothingin your body to get rid of, therefore you are getting rid of vital vitamins and minerals. 10 pounds in one week is way too much. Your dizzy and weak because you do not have the nutrients that you need. Just start eating good for you foods, like salads and skinless chicken. You won't put on a lot of weight that way, and you can always excercise, but EAT!!!!!!!!!!

♥Dawn♥
Rating
Yes, you def. have the signs/symptoms of a disorder. Instead of skipping meals, try eating smaller, healthy meals. Drink lots of water. I did this and lost weight pretty quickly. You don't want to lose too much too fast, it's just not good for you.
You really need to be careful because it can become addicting to lose weight like that which makes the disorder so hard to fix. Please take care of yourself. A little extra weight is much easier to deal with than being deathly sick.

weemaryanne AM
Yes, it's bad, especially the ex-lax part. Your weight is becoming an obsession and that's how eating disorders begin.

You're a little bit heavy for your height, yes; and it's probably a good idea to lose the stomach flab. But you don't have to starve yourself to do that.

Do yourself a favor: See a doctor, get him/her to write you a sensible diet plan including protein, complex carbohydrates, and essential nutrients, and follow it. See a physical trainer who has experience with teenagers and get him/her to write a beginners' weightlifting program for you, and follow that. Then watch the inches get whittled from your waistline.

How do I know? I'm 45 and it worked for me. Good luck, dear.

WhatAmI?
Rating
EAT!

See you doctor.

See a nutritionist.

See a counselor.

JoJo27
Yes, i think you have crossed the line.
If you go to far, you will regret it.
Talk to your family or a professional, if you can't stop.
--THIS IS SERIOUS AND DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH--

Sweetielicious
yes probaly.
see a nutritionist

Dayna B
stop taking the exlax- it will ruin your digestive system forever and start eating healthy- you won't gain any weight, but you will be healthy and no so weak and dizzy, at least take a multi-vitamin

kelsi~
You defenitely do. By taking exlax everyday is wrong. Your body isn't getting the right nutrients and you will become anorexic. And that is not good, you will loose stomach muscles. Please talk to your parents or a doctor. And please dont think your fat, the only reason you do might be what you see on TV. I dont know. This is serious, please get help.

Devan!
You're borderline.
You need to eat more often.

I don't eat breakfast either so I can understand that but I do eat lunch.

Just try lower calorie and stop with the ex-lax. It will make your bowels lose and it'll be difficult for you to hold it when you have to go.

You may need to get counseling if you can't stop.
Good luck.

... Just so you know you're probably a beautiful girl as you are. And guys don't particularly go for the rail thin chick anymore so just keep that in mind if that's a motive. =]

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy