Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

My friends think im under weight but thats just because i play volleyball, track, and basket ball, i weigh....
i weigh: 84 pounds(but im VERY heathy)
and im 5"0 do u think need to lose weight???? cause i do, but my freinds think im underweight, but my docter think im ine because im SOOOOO active, ...

What to prefer fat slim or medium?
ans as soon as ...

Guys Do you like girls with a six pack?
I am a 13 year old girl who does track, x country, hockey, and basketball. I recently devoloped a six pack. So my question is guys do you think its gross when a girl has a six pack....

If ur pretty chubby, like some man breasts, can u turn that into muscle?
if u got some man breasts, and ur work out say like doin bench, bumbell presses, dips, ect.. will that breats become muscle like nice muscle not supper flabby muscle
Additional Details

What alcohol is the least fattening?

When is the best time to exercise?
What time of day? Before you eat or after you eat? How long when just starting out? When do I increase amount of time of exercising?...

This weight bad for my height and age?
im 17 year old female.im 5 ft 2 in height im 102.2 lb in weight.my bf said im putting on to much weight but my doctor hasnt said anythink about my weight and that its bad....

Whats a healthy snack I can eat at nutriton break?
I am currently on a diet. I just buyed a diet pill which yes is a healthy all herbal safe drug. I am on Xtreme Lean which is helping me with my cravings for food, I just started today. I am 13 years ...

Best way to lose 15lbs in 3 months (by march)?
I mainly want to lose my belly (Its not "big" but its big enough) and tone up my butt & thighs... I'm 20 & weigh 130lbs & am 5'3. Thanks for all the help!!...

What is a healthy lunch with not a lot of calories?

For a tattoo?....what is the name of the horse with wings?
in the stories of zeus, hercules?...

Is drinking cold water after food harmful to health??

: ( I want to eat again....help me please!!?
What should I do?

Am trying to lose weight and I want to eat BIG time.

I have already eaten 1080 calories and am studying at the moment but that makes me want to eat more : (<...

If I'm craving something sweet, whats the healthier choice, chocolate or skittles?

Additional Details
I realise that neither are healthy, but sometimes fruit doesn't just cut it, ya know?...

My weight is 5"3 and I weight 120, Am I overweight?
My Age is 18...

Is 120 pounds overweight?
I'm 5'4". Am i overweight?
If not, What is overweight for my size?...

I'm not going to the gym, how can i make my tummy smaller and firmer?

What will make you taller?
I'm just 13, and I'm only 4'10"!!!!!
I have enough calcium, I'm athletic and I eat lots of good food and avoid junk food a lot! I'm really really healthy and I have ...

Normal weight for a girl 5,3 and 14 yrs old?

How can i keep a diet when i always get hungry?

tootsie1115
Margarine or real butter?
Which is better healthwise?

RACQUEL
Rating
Margarine

Justin H
Rating
Margerine is low calories and helps me on my diet but real butter taste like plastic

Barrett G
Rating
Margarine

Years ago there was some debate over which was better for you as some margarine's contained high amounts of trans fatty acids.
These days though most margarine's are much better for you than real butter.

Betty Boop
Neither..you should use something that doesn't have all the solids in it..Prefer soft margarine's with low cholesterol...
Smart Balance, etc...

If making candy or treats DO use margarine or butter, the lower cholesterol margarines burn and don't turn out. But if it's for toast or hot cereals,,then less trans fat is better.

huggz
Margarine, especially if it is made with olive oil. Butter is high in saturated fat which clogs up your ateries. A lot of people will tell you butter is better but believe me it isnt!!...;

Math Help
Definately margarine, it has alot less fat/calories and if you buy the right brand it tastes just as good

Kevin_Mart13
Rating
Margarine!! yukk

jojo
Rating
real butter is better but margarine taste better!!

BUBBLES
Rating
BUTTER is for this second....
Margarine is the same chemical formula as plastic so now they are finding out that it's really bad for you and could even change your horome levels if you eat a ton of it, since plastic acts like an artificial hormone.

♥ Ywanica ♥
butter is better, but why eeat it?

Peach
Country Crock has the least amount of fat and calories - I've compared margarine, butter, "I can't believe it's not butter" and that other one that was made with yogurt (because I'm on a diet...)

Country Crock:
Serving Size 2 TBSP
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 60
Total Fat 7g 11%
Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 85mg 4%
Potassium 0g 0%
Total Carbohydrate 0g

Butter:
Serving Size 2 TBSP
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 100
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 7g 36%
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 90mg 4%
Potassium 0 0%
Total Carbohydrate 0g

Margarine:
Serving Size 1 TBSP
Amount Per Serving
Calories 80 Calories from Fat 80
Total Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 110mg 5%
Potassium 0g 0%
Total Carbohydrate 0g

Da King
butter
Margaine has no flavor and nasty

Pete V
Impossible to answer...

Dairy farmers will tell you butter - I definitely think it tastes best, but it's laden with saturated fats, so should only be consumed in moderation.

Most margarines contain less of these, but have other questionable ingredients that we don't know enough about - eg: tran/hydrogenated fats, which are almost certainly harmful.

My personal favourite for everyday use is pro-activ made by flora (also available in olive oil & light variants), but this is mainly down to the cholestrol reducing properties, which I hope will go some way to countering the effects of the fried spam that I like a little too much!

мяѕ. zα¢ єƒяση
margarine has less fat and carbs

Princess J
BUTTER!!! It's actually very healthy. Did you know that margerine is made up of plastic? Actually butter contains many nutrients that protect us from heart disease. First among these is vitamin A which is needed for the health of the thyroid and adrenal glands, both of which play a role in maintaining the proper functioning of the heart and cardiovascular system. Abnormalities of the heart and larger blood vessels occur in babies born to vitamin A deficient mothers. Butter is America's best and most easily absorbed source of vitamin A.

Lorenzo Steed
It depends on what you consider healthy. Butter has more cholesterol, but margarine is totally chemicals. Even flies won't land on it. Your choice.

lollipop
Rating
Real butter is saturated fat.
Margarine is trans-fat.

Use butter sparingly.
Don't use margarine at all. Especially stick margarine.

Cynthia H
Rating
If I had to choose BUTTER is better. I am not sure either one is really healthy for you.....Margarine is one molecule away from being plastic. if you put a tub of margarine outside you will see not one bug is attracted to it. Imagine that? And we put this in our bodies. However buttter is made from cream and salt. A little more natural process.....Here is an article that you may find interesting to read.

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/nutrition/margbutt.htm

Zig Zag
Real Butter. Margarine is synthetic and fake. It'll glog up those cute artaries of yours. Stick to the real stuff.

serendipity_siren
Rating
I use Smart Balance buttery spread, it has no trans fats, it helps with cholesterol. I use it to cook with too, and it tastes just like regular margarine.

Michelle G
Rating
Real butter in moderation.

moe
real butter the health food store says but better than that they say is to use good for you oils like grapeseed oil, peanut oil, coconut oils and i do use some of those but i ususally use butter.

Thomas S
Rating
My dietitian at a VA Medical Center tells me that Brunnel and Brown margarine is the best of all them, health wise and flavor wise. But I grew up on real butter and continue to use it. I am in my sixties, with high cholesterol, not too high, just above what the doctor thinks it should be.

xSarahx
Rating
real butter, it's not always good to go for artificials. it's better if you just keep to real butter, but use slightly less. and when you're cooking use half butter and half canola or vegetable oil in the pan, that way you get the flavour of butter, and it wont burn so t doesn't waste

rockenren91
Rating
real butter
margarine is used to substiute butter, but margarine has a lot of chemicals in it, like diet things.

JOHN M
Rating
Neither. As a chemist who spent 30 years in the fat and oil industry I've seen this battle from all aspects. Butter is undesirable because it contains many fatty acids that are foreign to the human body. research has shown that butter contains over 200 fatty acids, including trans fatty acids that arise in the rumen of the cow from bacterial action. Most margarines are made from partially hydrogenated soybean oil. This source has come under severe scrutiny because of its trans acid content and also due to the fact it raises serum cholesterol levels.

The only safe margarines are the recently introduced ones that contain no partially hydrogenated oils.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy