Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Does smoking help you lose weight?
just wondering.....

Anorexia? How do they do it?
OMG, how do they do it? How do anorexic people starve themselves, I tried to see how it is and i have no iea how they could do it?

How do they starve themselves? 3:S...

Would i look weird if i went jogging at 12 am???
????...

Am i chubby? pics.?
im 5"8" and around 135 pounds, i hate it when i look bloated, am i bloated? my hips are big, how do i make them smaller?

http://i267.photobucket....

How much weight will i lose if i don't eat anything for 30 days?

Im feeling weird....please help!!!please!!?
It was my holidays so my mum was frequently making fried stuff like french fries and other fried stuff...on wednesday she made fries and i ate them and then she made them on friday and then she made ...

I want to learn to be bulimic...?
i really want to be skiny. and i need some help. i want to be bulimic. but the only problem is...i have tried and its hard to get use to sticking your finger or toothbrush down your throat. i really ...

Do I look anorexic? How much do you think I weigh?
http://img217.imageshack

yes, I am tucking in my stomach, but not very much. I'm only around 5'1, keep in mind. How much does it look like I ...

Is it possible to drink so much water that you die?

Additional Details
To those you say it's called drowning: I said DRINK water, not inhale it! LOL....

What do you do when you feel fat and ugly?
Do you have any coping mechanisms for when you feel fat and ugly? What do you do to deal? Work out? Eat less? Meditate? How do you handle it? I feel like a blimp and no amount of eating right or ...

Poll: Do you like your body?
what do/don't you like about it?

asking this because a lot of people posting questions here seem to not.......

Am i considered overweight?
im 14 and 5'8 and i weigh about 149-150?...

How Much Do You Think I Weigh??
http://i285.photobucket.
Im 5'9
Thnks
=]
Additional Details
I Weigh 112 ...

Am i overweight? fat???
im 5 foot 8 and 121 pounds. im 13 years old. and i feel like im kinda fat but everybody tells me im not. HELP....

OMG! I totally need your help!!!!?
Okay, i wanna go on a diet.
i have a plan, i dont really care if i have to starve myself, i can control my appetite...but i mean, i wanna lose weight though. Okay please tell me if it will work, ...

I felt depressed so i just ate 6 bags of crisps. now i feel even worse because mega CALORIES. what shall i do?

What are some foods that can make u gain weight?

Should fat girls be allowed on the beach......?

Fat? please be honest.?
im a 15 year old girl. 5'9"ish and i weight 123 lbs.
is that fat? please tell the truth,...

I'm 21yrs..108Lbs and 5'3" is that beinf too fat?

ruby(:
Losing weight HELP?!?
my goal is to lose about 28 pounds or at least some weight. can everyone please help me? i need some easy way and no im not gonna stop eating or any stupid dangerous way. so i love to swim but im wondering if that can help me lose weight...
so what else can i do to lose weight if swimming counts? im gonna try eating less and eat 2 times a day at certain times.<--- does anyone think it might help? i want to lose weight but what can i do that is healthy and not stupid or dangerous?
im sorry about all these questions but help plz.
you dont have to read the writing above just answer these questions please.
1.) can swimming help lose weight?
2.) if i eat 2 times a day at certain times would that be healthy and would it help me lose weight?
3.) what else can i do to lose weight? <-- most important

so everyone tell me some experience or website or advice to help me lose at least some weight please.
Thank You.
- Ruby :]

maidenstarchild
Rating
swimming is great to help you lose weight, it works all of your muscles and it's really good for you. Aerobic exercise, like swimming, three times a week as well as weight lifting exercises twice a week are great for losing weight, toning up and building muscles...don't be afraid of looking too muscular though especially if you're swimming as it will help build long lean feminine, also remember that less weight and more repetitions will mean lean muscles. as far as only eating twice a day, don't do that! if you cut your calorie intake your body will think you are beginning to starve and it will hold tight to every precious little calorie you take in. What you need to do is eat more, eat 6 small meals a day making sure to eat lots of fruits and vegetables. replace as many of your grains as possible with whole grains and drink plenty of water. instead of eating a cookie everytime you want something sweet have a piece of fruit. don't stop eating some foods because you think they are bad for you, food isn't bad for you, and you'll start to crave something just because you told yourself you weren't going to eat it anymore. You may find that as your begin to exercise and, especially if you start lifting, your metabolism will speed up and you'll see that you're eating more than you were before but you're still losing weight. i hope this helps you make healthy weight loss decisions. good luck!

*vi*vi*
day one- meat, fish, eggs, cheese, [anything with milk] veggies, during lunch you can eat a small piece of bread

day two- beans and stuff like that, rice, veggie broth,

day three- macaroni, crackers, veggies, tomato juice, 1 piece of dark chocolate for dinner, [dessert]

day four- fruits, dried fruits, nuts, sunflower seeds, veggie juice, fresh veggies

repeat for 90 days
seriously me parents tried this diet and lost a lot!

Melanie
Okay first thing first yes swimming helps you lose weight but you know what you can do to help you even more...Walk in the water. That moves all parts of your body, its a great way to lose weight. Two; eating 2 meals a day is the worst thing you can do because first of all when you do that you actually end up eating more and second you wont have the right amount of energy. i took a health class and my teacher said that the best way to loose weight is to have 5 small meals. Eat breakfast and eat a lot of it because breakfast helps you lose wight and then eat a little snack like a small sand which before lunch and then have lunch and once again a snack and then dinner. So like for example...breakfast at 8. Snack at 10. Lunch at 12. Snack at 3 and dinner at like 5 or 6. Another good thing about this diet is that you have energy throughout the day so your more active Which is good because the More active you are the more you move and the more you move the more you lose weight. And if you don't like this routine then you can do this ... Eating everything that you would normally eat but ieat half of it. My cousin did this and she lost 40 pounds!! but of course it took her about 8 months to do it. Well hope i helped and good luck!! =]

sisterwolf
1.swim in the morning before you eat breakfast and after dinner that helped me go down 4 pant sizes
2. eat breakfast and dinner
3. join a group like curves

bapeony
Rating
Swimming is good exercise but there have been recent studies which suggest that it can also slow down the metabolism, which consequently keeps you from losing weight. To prevent this from happening, make sure you are actively swimming and not just floating around or paddling. Be moving rapidly and constantly -- no stops.

15 minutes of exercise everday is enough to lose weight, but 30 minutes is optimal.

Don't just eat twice a day, eat many small meals every couple of hours. This keeps the metablolism up. Starving yourself or making your body think you are starving (which is what eating only 2 meals does) makes your metabolism slow down.
Try this plan for every 2 hr meals.
Ex:
Banana - hr 1
carrots - hr 2
salad - hr 3
energy bar - hr 4
grapes - hr 5
broccoli - hr 6
tuna salad - hr 7
yogurt - hr 8
etc.

Try to cut out most of the carbs from your diet and increase the vegetables. Also, vegetarian lifestyles have been proven to increase weight loss, provided you don't replace your meat with carbs, sweets, or fats.

Good luck, and don't forget walking also helps.

thejudge
There is no easy way.

Swimming is GREAT for losing weight. Just reduce your portions and eat healthy foods, lots of vegs, drink a LOT of water. No junk food. Keep the carbs down. Do NOT eat less than 3 meals a day, in fact, eat six SMALL and healthy meals a day. And check with your doctor before you start any regimen, make sure your body can handle it.

Nina T
1. swimming is exercise and u will lose some weight
2.probably not. eat 3 times a day but eat less.
ex: instead of a hot dog,eggs and cake
have:hot dog, salad, fruit
3.-if you have lots of time you can get a gym membership and go for an hour or 2 a day.
-my cuz. says to watch fit t.v. and do the exercises
-you can go biking or hiking
- if you need to go to the bank of something walk there instead of taking a car its good for you and the environment.
GOOD LUCK!

royalqueenie12
Rating
1)First of yes swimming can help you lose weight, but not just playing in the water you would have to swim laps.
2) NO! You could live off of eating two times a day, but I really wouldn't recommmend it.
3) Instead of focusing on eating less you should focus on just eating smaller proportions. So you should eat 6-8 meals a day but the meals should be very small. By doing this and cardio you should be able to get a faster metabolsim and that will cause you to burn more body fat and lose weight.

Andy
Rating
1. If you really want to lose want eat 3 times a day but small meals and its breakfast, lunch, and dinner thats it.
2. Exersize at least 1 hour a day for at least 5 days a week ( more if you like).
3.Swimming does lose weight but if you swim alot.

I hope I helped.=)

DaveDoes
Okay Ruby now relax and begin to do the following things and you will lose weight. Do Not try any of the crazy fad diet things.
1. Wright down everything you eat in a day. Find out how much you are eating.
2. Adjust your diet to fit your Height and age? Find a way to divide your meals into 5 meals. Eating about every 2 or three hours. (not more food just divided up)
3. DO NOT SKIP MEALS
4. Swim or bike, walk, run or play any sports or physical activity you enjoy.
Realize that true weight lose is a lifestyle change not just a moment thing.

Cristina C
Rating
swiming helps you to lost weight and eating vegetables and fruits can help you a lot and do exercise like walking or running not a lot but a little each day good luck and i hope this works for you

Ryan
1. yes
2. no
3. try diets or eat smaller portions

nicmad123
Rating
my moms friend is triing to lose weight and he eats 5 times a day but he watches the portions he eats also he cut pop out

swimming does help its exercise

chanel
Rating
okay
1.)swimming really helps it builds a lot of muscle
2.) NO i know it sounds weird but eat 5-6 small meals a day one at breakfast time one between breakfast and lunch at lunch time then between lunch and dinner. this helps spread out eating so you have time to digest the food and so you not hungry between meals which makes you want to snack and make sure you eat healthy foods.
3.)stick to a plan and join the gym and get a trainer. just remember when doing weights one day to legs the nice arms then legs then arms and so on .

Jennifer M
swimming will give your body a more defined look.
you should actually be eating 6 small meals through out the day. keeps your metabolism going and keeps it burning up the calories.
i drink a cup of green tea a day and i lost 6 pounds in a week and a half. i also make sure to eat a fruit/vegetable before every meal. and try buying fiber one cereal and measuring it out in the morning.
instead of taking the bus, walk to places and take the stairs.
and LOTS OF WATER.

Diamond
Rating
*************FIRST: Don't listen to Twinkie Tennessee or Druggie Delbert, they know not what they say.....
*************SECOND: Swimming is awesome exercise, actually the best you can get, it works the entire body.
*************THIRD: Three healthy meals a day (two is not enough and is actually bad for you). You can have a small healthy snack between b.fast & lunch and then another small healthy snack between lunch & dinner. No eating past 8pm!! Drink plenty of water, especially before meals, this helps you keep portion control. Don't deny yourself food, just make better choices and have portin control and you will see that you will like eating healthier food. The weight will fall off and this will become a new way of life for you.

Good luck!

http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/thriftyliving/tl-snacks.html

LB83
Rating
Be sure to eat breakfast. Its the most important meal as it gets the metabolism going for the day.

nascargirl_go24
I have swam for my entire life, and let me tell you that YES!!!!!! it defiantly does help. You need to eat a solid, and healthy three meals a day and a 1500 calorie diet. a word of caution... swimming makes you hungry!! so when you are done with your workout, make sure not to leave your diet. work in six meals instead of three if you plan to swim!

xoxo and gl!

♥joejonaslover♥
1.) can swimming help lose weight?-yes
2.) if i eat 2 times a day at certain times would that be healthy and would it help me lose weight?- not so healthy u should eat 3 times a day breakfest lunch and dinner.
3.) what else can i do to lose weight? - dont eat anything past 5 o clock be active, eat fruits and vetchables and if u wan 1 snack during the day get one box of hunded calorie packs of whatever u want and have 1 or 2 bags of those a day

Justin
1. Swimming is great, as long as you're actively swimming. just floating won't work.

2. Most likely not. Eat less, but eat more often. Also drink a lot of water.

3. Walk, run, fight zombies, anything that makes you tired. Most people will just say cardio stuff, and directly that does burn the fat, but muscle building helps too in the long run, bigger muscles burn more fat.

Just a Girl
i lost about 50 pounds from about 2 years now
I dont know how it happen bcuz i have'nt taken any diet pills, but i ate small meals, like 6 of them a day.to keep my matabolism up.

Rose_Love
Rating
Iight one thing about losing weight, you don't wanna stop eating your three meals a day, or you have 6 little meals a day, I know this because I went from 311lbs to 179lbs, and I just swam and walked a lot.

oxmorgann
swimming CAN help loose weight. it's actually the best type of exercise. eating only twice won't help loose weight, eating a lot of tiny meals throughout the day will. it will increase your metabolism and help burn away fat! (: good luck!

mary?
Rating
You are actually supposed to eat more then 5 times a day just all small meals and drink alot of water because the coolness of the water makes your metabolism faster which will make you loose weight, drink shakes in the morning and dont eat after 7 because then you will gain alot of weight, im in your same shoes i wanna loose alot of weight as well.

Anna G
Rating
HEre is what works for me!
Swimming HELPS YOU LOSE WEight 200% I used to swim all the time and what a body!!!
If you eat 6 times a day in small portions you will better be efficient!
To lose weight, NO CANDY, Fruits and vegetables at least 45- 60 minutes of cardio, fresh air, no sitting for long time on the couch, ALWAYS MOVE MOVE MOVE, weight training!

Meredith H
1.okay swimming ith help because thats excersize.
2.2x a day is not enough times maybe eat about 3x breakfest lunch and dinner and then a little snack in between somewhere. and
3. excersixe-run swim crunches, push ups etc.
you can eat healthy, dont sit around and watch tv be active and play! then the weight should just fall off!
hope i helped!
:D

the student
Rating
You need to cut sugar completely from your diet. Don't add sugar to anything. Don't eat anything that is naturally high in sugar like fruit and fruit juice, corn etc. Drink only bottled water. Eat very low or no-fat food. Don't eat late at night. Eat lots of veggies and drink veggie drinks (eg. V8) whenever you are hungry. Eat chicken breast for protein. DON'T STARVE YOURSELF.
As far as exercise is concerned, walking long distances is a good start. Find a sport that you like and stick with it.

smileee
1.) Swimming will definitely help. Any type of physical exercise performed daily would help a lot.
2.) DO NOT try to switch to a two meal a day diet. That is completely unhealthy and your body will not react well to such a sudden change. Keep eating, because people all have different metabolisms, so it's harder for some people. I for example, am always being lectured by doctors because I don't weigh enough (no I'm not anorexic) I just have a much higher metabolism than most people so I burn calories a lot faster. Eat AT LEAST 3 meals. I eat 3 meals plus 2-4 snacks everyday, I just make sure they're healthy.
3.) Get involved in some physical activities you like to do, set goals for the amount of weight loss every month, don't aim TOO high all at once. Take it slow. Make healthy choices in your food selection.
good luck!

Terrin
1) Definatly it is important to excersize or you will have the opposite effect, and gain weight.
2) I don't think that that is very wise...its kinda like going part anorexic and your body needs the three meals a day to get the right nutrients.
3) Eat foods like
Celery
Oranges
Strawberries
Tangerines
Grapefruit
Carrots
Apricots
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Watermelon
Cauliflower
Apples
Hot Chili Peppers
or Zucchini
These foods make your metabolism burn more calories than you take in. so When you eat these you lose weight! Taking up a new hobby is good too. I play soccer, and I've never really gotten big. I've never even been over 115 lbs. so soccer is aa good thing. I also do ballet and it is a great thing to tone your body! You strengthen all your muscles and actually grow a new muscle that only ballet dancers get! I call it the dancers muscle...because i actually dont really know what it is called! Any of these things will help you out. I hope this helped!
-Taryn

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy