Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is 108 overweight for someone 5"1?

Additional Details
well for a long time i was bilemic and was told to gain weight now i want to lose it ...

Can you still drink Coke and lose weight with exercise and diet?
Even if it's one or two sugar cokes a day....

Im I Fat ?
Im 5'7 and 122 -125 pounds and i feel like im a whale. Whats the right weight for me ?...

What to do when your Bored??
I'm trying to stick to my diet but i have nothing to do, and i think thats why I am not in shape because when im bored i eat. I need something to keep me busy so I don't eat anything till ...

How much weight should I lose?
I'm 5' 3'' and 125 pounds...how much weight should I lose...?...

At what age did you lose your viginaty?

How do I control my food cravings...now?
Like right now I want to eat mac and cheese with ketchup and then a cupcake....werid taste I know. But its 9pm and am not sleepy...what should I do?...

What is the best food for breakfast?
My mother always told me to eat fruit first thing in the morning (before oats or cereal etc.) because it helps to clean out the digestive system and get it functioning for the day. Is this true? At ...

What's your favorite diet food?

Is it TRUE that MORE YOU SWEAT THE MORE WEIGHT YOU LOSE??
i heard that the more you sweat the more weight you lose....is that true?? if it is, does that mean that if i walk 2km on a hot day and sweat more, rather than walking 2km on a cold day i will lose ...

Am I overweight or underweight?
I am currently 5'6 and 95 pounds.
I know that may seem skinny, but I have curves which makes me feel obnoxiously fat and uneven.

Also, DONT be rude by saying I am obese/anorexic....

What's a good diet that has worked for you? Which doesn't involve exercising regularly.?

Am i overweight?
Ok i'm a girl and i'm 14 years old. I am 5'3 and I weigh 125 but i feel like I weigh way more. Is this an Ok weight? I'd like it to be a little less. Also, is 60lbs an ok weight ...

Im in 7th grade and i weigh about 95 pounds i want to go on a diet but my mom wont let me what should i do?
i tried going anorexic but my friends didn't like that so i stopped and i don't want to ruin my intestines or what ever so I'm not going to be bulimic im a teen so im like always ...

I am not a water drinker. How can i start acquiring a taste for water?

How tall I am?
My mom is around 5 and my dad is 5' 8. What do you think my height would be...just a guess!...

How much weight do you want to lose?

What's the fastest way to lose weight?
I really want to lose weight!
Additional Details
I'm not over weight, but I want to lose some because I guess that's just ...

How long after eating something can you get food poisoning?

I don't want to live this life and be this way anymore please help me!?
I'm 25 and I've struggled with my weight all my life. Ive suffered from two miscarriages and I currently weight 375lbs. I have trouble breathing, and I cant walk very far maybe two blocks ...

vampess
Losing som belly fat :)?
what type of work out should i do to lose belly fat im already eating healthy but i need to know

EM
swimming, walking, running, and crunches

monab
Do yoga,
its very helpfull.

Edith M
Rating
I think you should try herbalife. YOU CAN LOSE, GAIN AND MAINTAIN. Before Herbalife, I weighed 210 lbs, my blood pressure ranged between 150 & 180 over 95 my cholesterol was over 300. I had shortness of breath could not walk 3 blocks without stopping to breath. I also had arthritis, felt tired all the time and had no energy. Since I have been on Herbalife Products I have lost 22 lb and 29 inches. I now walk 2.6 miles 3 times a week. I only take my blood pressure medication. I have lots of energy and feel wonderful. ADULTS CAN ORDER ONLY

Sweeney Todd
I am SO glad you asked! here! take a look at this! It changed my life!!!! It REALLY works!!!!!!

http://www.truthaboutabs.com/

http://www.truthaboutabs.com/3-best-abdominal-exercises.html

by the way.......if you exercise right after you wake up, you emidiatly start burning not only calories, but fat! If you wait to exercise, then it will take 30 mins of exercising until you start burning fat! so exercise right after you wake up!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me!

http://www.truthaboutabs.com/Training-and-Nutrition-Articles.html

http://www.truthaboutabs.com/ezine-archives.html

pete D
Rating
power walking sit ups press ups crunches less food portions at meals ask yourself if your realy hungry how much do i need to eat to feel better and most important how healthy or fattening is that what im about to shove in my gob.on a scale of 1-10 pie chips hamburger apple ceriel bar cake salad sarny or chip butty?

adolfojo94
Rating
Drink water,eat healthy food , DO EXCERCISES and don't give up.

omniscientatheist
chew slower, don't eat if your not hungry and don't be afraid to leave something on your plate. this really helps cutting carbs and fat, most people overeat, especially if it has to much sugar and fat already.

anything that keeps your body moving and burning carbs is great, any sports are good if you have a friend to play with. swimming is great whenever you have access to a swimming pool. even more fun take the water slides and run up the steps.
if you have access to a bike, taking a long bikeride for no reason is underrated.

Emily Z
I am having the same problem. At the gym I'm at, I go to a Turbokick class on Monday and Thursday, an abs class on Tuesday and Friday, and a class called Total Body Sculpt on Wednesday. Just move your routine around and let different parts of your body have rest on different days. I rest on Saturday and Sunday.

Sometimes if I can't make it to a class, I run/walk quickly around the track for a mile (about 12 laps, depending on the track). All I can say is to keep to a regimen and keep eating healthy.

The one thing that has helped me is to not check my weight frequently and not stare at my body in the mirror. If I wait a while and step on a scale, then I'm happily surprised and it keeps me motivated.

Steph
Rating
cardio is great for any specific problems. jogging, biking (biking is good for the core!), and do some crunches and crunch variations - google different crunch -type exercises

Mom of 5
You could do some sit-ups. Try starting out with doing maybe 10 @ a time. Then, when you feel you're ready-do 20, & so on. Also, walking is a big result in losing belly fat. Trust me, I need to do the same. WILL POWER is a big important factor as well.

Wayne S
Rating
I like jump roping, walking for at least 40 minutes at a brisk pace, treadmill for 30-40 minutes, bike riding, martial arts, dancing, sports.

sweetness
Rating
www.fitness.com , click on exersises and click on abs , upper abs and lower

Mirius
It isn't physiologically possible to target fat on one part of your body. Your body will strip body fat away from different parts of the body in a way that is unique to you. Some people keep it on the hips, some on the thighs etc.

Reduce your overall level of body fat and your belly fat will reduce too. Proper diet and exercise are the only way forward, but forget trying to target the belly. If you exercise go for core muscle exercise that will burn maximum calories, don't waste your time with stomach exercises.

HaH
Rating
run and crunches
watch youtube videos or w.e to make sure ur doing a crunch right tho
a lot of people dont do it right and it doesnt do anything for em

shigshoog
Have fruits and vegetables for breakfast and dinner, and for lunch you can eat what you want.

ares
try Halodrol-50 with exercise. Halodrol-50 is the one responsible for packing on a good 15lbs of lean muscle in just a few weeks, with just one scored tablet daily.

frosty_smarties
Rating
Same here, right now I'm 14 and before I was 13, 138 pounds, size 32 waist.
Now I'm 14 134 pounds with a size 29 waist. I wanted to look good for a certain someone o///o so I worked out using this site.

Men: http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/abs.html
Women: http://www.womensworkoutguide.com/

I'm not aiming for bulky arms and these huge abs but I'm going for a half abs meaning a strong, good looking tummy.

If you're under-aged like me I suggest doing things like for example. Workout says do 15-20 reps of push ups, instead do 8-14. So on so on.

Good luck! P.S I hate dieting x___x I'll always end up having a date with a cheesecake or a huge burger :/

chase
Rating
jelly rolessss

Ray Ray
Rating
don't try to just do crunches and sit ups,they wont work like you want them too.u have to do a range of exercises.walking,jogging and hitting the gym twice a week.and keep eating healthy =)

dmike1975
Rating
Cardio. You can't lose fat just in your belly.

BMWSGOD
Rating
If your a young person 13 to 18 or so and were talking baby fat sit ups will work wonders.

chris c
Rating
when i worked out all the time and i needed to lose those last few inches around my stomach i would run before breakfast, run before lunch, and run before dinner... 30 min each time... and i could eat anything i wanted as long as i stayed under 2200 calories... it worked great but at the time i was underway on navy ship and had nothing better to do

*bec*
Rating
sit-ups using the gym balls(?) the big bouncy ones. they're good. or just normal ones on the floor is fine. plus swimming and/or running.
just go to the gym and they have heaps of stuff.
good luck

brijraj3271
get yourself 2 dumbells (15 lbs each) and one work out ball. follow instructions to the letter.
you have to excercise everyday for at least 45mins
no cardio is required,start with the dumbells by holding one dumbell in both your hands ,elbows as close to your ears,raise dumbell from back of neck,over your head to front of chest,hold for 2 seconds,go back (repeat 10 times and gradually increase) all this time focus on your belly and not your arms.
hold one dumbell with both hands ,spread your legs,bend your body at the waist,and do a rowing motion,first from front to back then change direction from back to front at least 20 times in each direction.hold a dumbell in each hand on side of hips,,raise each hand to a cross position in line with shoulders(repeat 10 times) again concentrate on the belly muscles rather than your arms.......
remember its all in the mind...any excercise you do concentrate on your belly
lie on your back ,legs together,hold dumbells in each hand,move hands from side of hips to over each ear to touch the floor over your head, hold position, raise your legs about 6 inches off the floor,hold position for 5 secs,bring legs down,bring dumbells back to hips(repeat 10 times)
get the excersise ball and lie on the ball on your back till you balance yourself and feel stretched,now do comfortable sit ups(start with 15 then increase).roll over on the ball on your stomach and take your hands and feet off the ball and arch your back as much as you can..repeat till you feel comfortable(at least 15 times)
this should help as a starter,,as you get used to it increase and innovate

best of luck

Lunchbox
Rating
It's the muscle that burns the fat. Be sure to do enough weight training on a regualr basis to increase muslce tone and mass and burn more fat. Squats, deadlifts and bench press are great compound movements that will raise your metabolism for a long time after you're done.

serioustimes
it's impossible to lose fat in just ur belly unless u get liposuction...when u lose weight u lose weight in all parts of ur body just diet and exercise is all it really boils down to...remember u r what u eat!

beachhxblonde
you can do crunches or sit ups , they really help(:

Haley Morgan H
Jog around the block

John R
Rating
Try sit-ups and walking. Swimming gives a very good Over-all work out.

SassyAngel
I have a Wii Fit and I love it. You should do fun stuff like ride your bike, swimming, anything you like. Every once in a while I tell myself to not be on the computer until night so I end up exersizing more.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy