Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What can i do to take my mind off food?
please give me some good ideas!!
Additional Details
i am not hungry, just bored and feel like snacking!...

Is it possible to lose weight without exercising?
Not trying to lose weight...just wondering if it's ...

How do i gain weight ?
I know this might be a stupid question but i have about 2 days to gain 8 pounds.

my current weight is 90 pounds
i'm 5'2 and 18 years old.
Additional Details

I'm 5'1 and 96 lbs how do i lose weight?
i used to be 110 lbs, and i still feel and look fat. what do i do about it?
and i'm a 15 year old girl.
Additional Details

Should i use steriods...?
I want to become bigger and bulky'er and stronger, ,should i go on the steriod path???? If "Yes" any idea where could i purchase one in Toronto???...

Am i fat? how much do you think i weigh?

I weigh 107 & im 17?
Im 17, 5'4 & i weigh 107...too fat...too thin...
Additional Details
I work out 6 days a week and i play club vooleyball & ...

Hey am I overweight?
5'5 and 128 lbs
actually good leg muscles though

but a bit of hips- please how do I get rid of them?...

Am I too white?(seriously)?
I've had a paler complexion all my life, but I'm always being told to go out in the sun more and whatnot. Thing is, I do, I'm outside practically everyday yet I never get tan. So am I ...

How much weight can you lose if u eat 100 calories per day?

I am a 53 year old woman who throws up my food after every supper. I've been doing this for a month to lose
trying to lose wieght. since i am 100 lbs over weight, won't this just make the fat burn up before it can hurt any of my organs?...

I'm 5'7 122 pounds... is this a good weight???
I'm 5'7 122 pounds... is this a good weight??? I run 3-4 times a week to stay toned....

Do you think I eat a lot?
I weigh 98 pounds and am 5'2''. I think I eat like a pig and way too much. Okay so today I ate:

breakfast; a cup and a half of cereal with 1% milk.

lunch; 2 mini ...

Am I fat? Plz Be honest?
I am 12 years old I am 5 feet tall and i weigh 100 pounds am i fat please be honest i wont report you if you have a mean comment I want to know the truth ?
P.S My dad says it is because I have ...

What is a good snack to eat that doesn't make you fat even if you eat a lot of it?
When i come home from school i am starving. What can I eat that is good for you and tastes good?...

Is 150 lbs healthy for a 12 year old girl?
5"3, 12 years....

is that good
or overweight...
Additional Details
IM SORRY ITS 105 LBS!!!!!!...

I know i have an eating disorder- who should i tell??
i'm 15 years old, 5'3" and 110 pounds. i know i'm not underweight or anything, but at first it seemed to be thrilling to fast for days, and now i realize im addicted and its ...

Do you think i'm fat? picture inside?
http://s226.photobucket.
also, how much do you think i weigh, i'm 5'4.
Additional Details

My weight...ideal ? underweight ? overweight ?
i am 5 foot 5
8 stone 2/3

I am addicted to pepsi what can i do?
i crave it and actually feel bad and grouchy when i dont have any i drink 20 ounces or more a day if i hv ...

Kristen F
Lose weight please help me.
Ok ive asked questions about losing weight a lot and all i get is your perfect the way you are and hippie junk so I am asking nicely please help me lose weight I want you to know ive spent the past 3 years sitting in my room every night crying about how fat I am I hate it I'm on a diet and I gain weight by being on this but my mom lost 75 pounds on the same diet so please help me lose weight I hate crying and being called fat and being this self conscious about I go into aeropostale and look at all the skinny people and say fudge I wanna be that skinny its not fair I am 12 and weigh 111.0 and am 5'0 just please please please help me be skinny

purplepolkadotbikini67
I wish i could be 111 again. I', 133 and 5'2. I can not understand why people would call you fat. But all you can do is eat right and exersize. Be healthy.

devilishh
hm..go and try some sports and see which one you like the best.Then if i you find one you like start playing it like a routine maybe start a team. maybe eat a little healthier.

good luck=D

Tammy12
You are 12 and anorexic people stop answering this child something is wrong don't promote her go talk to your mom. Every one prolly think you r skinny and pretty stop doing this to yourself.

Bout Merde
Diets don't work for everybody, and your mom probably exercised often too. The only way you can make a diet work is by escersising atleast 5 days a week. Also, don't eat before going to bed, if you do, your most likely gonna gain a bit of wieght over night. Since your body isn't doing anything, it doesn't use it and it gets turned into fat, also, try a different diet. If the one your doing now doesn't help with excersise, than you need to try a different one. Also, if your that commited to losing wight, try being a vegetarian. Meat has a lot more fat in it than vegetebles and stuff, and you don't need the protien in it. You can eat more beans in exchange.

EDIT*** Oh, and that person who suggested the atkins diet is right. My flittle sisters friend wen't on it and she went from being fat to being normal sized. So try that.

iluvcheer618
Rating
hung your not fat your just growing and alot of the girls are anorexic these days, dont compare them, just do that diet and instead if crying and stuff,walk hangout with friends and build confidence

joyce23
Try this Exercise:
3 days of cardio exercise per week (20 minutes)
3 days of weight training per week (45 minutes)
1 day off

Diet:
six small meals a day for six days
- one serving of protein
- one serving of complex carbs
- all the veggies you want
one free day per week, eat anything you want

If you do their program for 12 weeks (and you're a guy), you can easily lose 35 pounds and get rock-hard muscle

coolcoco52
Rating
111 lb's isn't bad at all, stop beating yourself up about it! i just turned 13 and i weigh about that much too, people are always calling me a stick, if someones making fun of you or something just don't talk it to hart, their just being f***in' losers! what you should do is embrace your body, not work against it, you'll hurt yourself! just find clothes that make your waste look thinner! then you will feel a whole lot more confidant! Try watching What Not to Wear on TLC, they have stuff that will tell you how to look thinner without going on a diet, and it's fun to watch!

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth
Rating
Ok, try to eat mostly low carb stuff. Eat smaller meals, but maybe 4 instead of 3. Also, drink water before you eat that fills you up so you won't eat as much. You also will want to work out. Walking is the easiest. If you have a treadmill, aim for a mile a day. Then, work your way to up to jogging, then running. In addition you can try crunches and situps to help with abs. I hope that helps!

xdonwanabinlovx
To be completely honest with you, I'm 12 also. For real. I'm going into the 7th grade. I'm 5'1, but i weigh 125 pounds. I know I'm not fat, but I'm not super skinny either. I learned to get over it. I know i'm ok because I play 6 sports and eat well. I think you are fine the way you are. If you really care just eat right and workout. Nothing happens over night.

Clovur D
...FOR ME.... I LOSE AND GHAIN WEIGHT VERY EASILY....I DONT HAVE A REALLY HAERD TROUBLE LOOSING IT BUT ITS NOT EASY(IMJUST A LIL LAZY)... BUT IVE TRYED TO GO ON DIETS WHERE ID ONT EAT A LOT AND THE LIL I EAT R THINGS LIKE VEGIES OR WHOLE GRAIN AND HEALTHY STUFF LIKE THAT!!!! IT DONT WORK AT ALL... FOR ME I WILL JUST EAT SALADS FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINER!... AND I AM IN LOVE W ASIAN SALADS... AND I PROBABLY STRECH MI TUMMI OUT CUZ I FULL MI SELF UP ON THEMLOL BU T IT DONSNT MATTER..(SALADS WORK RELLY RELLY GODD)... EAT NOTHING BUT SALADS ALL DAY LONG FOR AT LEAST 2 DAYS... AND U WILL C A DIFFERANCE IN UR WEIGHT!....THINK ABOUT WHAT WOULKD HAPPEN IF U DID IT 4 A WEEK! (AND .. ITS DEFINANTLY OK TO BUT CHEESE AND CROUTONS, AND DRESSING ON YOUR SALAD) IDK LETTUS IS MAGICAL.... AND TRY A SPINAGE SALAD! THEY TWICE AS HEALTHY!

sat
Rating
why do people under 16 want to become skinnier(who are fat). You are still growing and you will use that fat. If you still wish then here my secret. Eat fiber one for breakfast, muti grain or whole wheat bread for lunch(like a peanut butter jelly sandwich but try not to use jelly"it has no naturit value) and for dinner eat soup(bean or lean chicken, easy to make)and dont eat after 7p.m. No soda, how many times you hear that(lol) Instead try to drink something like green tea(i Drink it without adding any suger or milk into it, just water and gree tea) and add some fruit to your diet

sarah
i know how you feel sweetheart. i have struggled with my weight all my life. at almost thirty i am still struggling. just drink water, try to eat healthy and exercise. i know it is frustrating but the weight will eventually come off. but in the mean time stop comparing your self to others. trust me it only makes the pain worse. if you wanna talk you can im me. by the way what diet is your mom on?

eric
quit sitting in your room and get up and move...you have to love yourself first no matter if you are overweight or not and then do something about it. Forget diets and fad cures eat good and move your body and you will lose weight

kurt z
swimming is a great way to loose weight. being on a diet is only part of loosing weight, you also need excersize. i suggest swimming, it really helped me lose weight.

Ari428
eat smaller meals more often and only drink water (no soda), oh and take a chill pill you arent done growing yet you still have baby fat.

katie
Hi

If you want to loose wait, start walking. Every day. Build the distance up day by day. Walking builds stamina, you loose weight and in general you sleep a whole lot better!
Good Luck!
Katie

fjknffgnldf
do running and evercoise, each time you eat anything with too much oil or protein eg- chips, burger meats, you must do weight or burn that fatness off. because if you sit on your lazy butt after eating meat and sh;ts then your going to grow.

stanzeo
Rating
Ok fat is just stored energy, so i recommend a lot of exercise dont eat to much and dont eat to little, balance your food you need a bit of everything, do this everyday for 8 weeks and you will see a big diffrence

Smile!
Rating
calm down.
if you can, watch "I Can Make You Thin"
on TLC. Some stuff to try:
tap the side of your nose if you are eating because you are bored, NOT because you are hungry it'll remind you not to eat if you don't need it.
drink water!
EAT when you are hungry, but not until you are bloated
If you can, eat many small meals, not 2 giant meals
DON'T starve yourself, it will only make your body store more fat!
:]
Good Luck!
but you really don't sound like a large kid.

meanersbeaners
First of all no one can help you be skinny, you have to really want to lose weight. Also once you lose the weight, don't get into the unfortunate habit of thinking that you can eat anything you want because you lost weight because that's how most people gain it back. Losing weight is a forever change, sure you can splurge occasionally on that soft drink but don't over do it. To lose weight you must cut calories, and not ridiculously though. Try googling and figure out how many calories you can safely cut with your age and height and current weight. Cut out soft drink all together, they are full of unnecessary calories, drink plenty of water though. Exercise, exercise, and exercise but don't over do that either exercise as much as you comfortably can. If you consume more calories than you lose that's where you gain weight and it's amazing how many calories there are in food especially a pat of butter or bread. Consume lower caloried food such as butter, bread, mayo. Don't cut carbs though they help you have energy which you need if you cut out the sugar and soda. If you still have trouble then contact your doctor go to a pediatrician they may conclude it's your thyroid and that makes it more difficult for you to lose weight. But just remember keep trying and don't get frustrated. If you are depressed rather than eat a carton of ice cream exercise go for a jog or walk. Good luck, you will get there.

natalie jo
Rating
you could always walk around the block a few times. workout at your house, you dont have to go to a gym to lose weight you can use the things at home. um drink water. eat greens and try to stay away from fast food like McD...ect. and you could also go to www.mypryamid.com and it'll help plan out what you should do.

♥[ Ms. Ra i n ]♥♫
Your 5'0 and 111 pounds is an ideal weight for your height. If you want you can get down to 100. Only eat 3 meals a day.

Breakfest

lunch

dinner

and if you feel hungrey in between, have a snack. An apple, bananna.. nothing like junk food.

do some cardio 4 times a week, ( running and jogging)

Good luck sweety :]

jothi k
Rating
hi there,

hmm...u wanna lose ur weight huh? ok first of all, u have to do exercise at least 3 times perweek and 30 mins perday. dont overforce urself to do exercise. u shd know ur own limits and never over do it. its very dangerous. the next thing is avoid fast foods, fried food, and those containing high cholestrol. dont let urself down and patience is very important. for some ppl, the food they consume will be burnt out very fast and for some, it accumulates as fats in the body. the most important thing u shd take a note is...it doesnt matter how big u r but its very important to know how healthy u r. u might be fat but tat doesnt means ur sick. ur mind set is very important. never ever let urself down and pls stop crying. u can even consult any dietitions to help u to lose weight. choose a healthy way and pls avoid slimming pills if u intend to try tat too coz its very dangerous ok? all the best and cheer up!

:)
Exercise and eat a balanced diet. Your BMI (body mass index) is 21.7, which equals Normal weight = 18.5-24.9. If you are still confused, please see a doctor. Good luck.

Loretta Lugosi (not like Bela)
Rating
Dear, first of all, count your blessings! You have curves, some people (ahem...me...cough, cough) have none at all. Okay, but try exercising more, and eating only when you are actually hungry, and stopping only when you aren't hungry.

I was the smallest girl in my seventh grade, and was made fun of for it. It doesn't help that I was super short, and that girls would make up all these rumors about how I was anorexic and junk like that. So stop crying, and get out and have fun, okay?

And the stuff at Aeropostale isn't that great, it's okay, but nothing to cry over, okay?

Dylan E
do exercise alot

Tardis Girl
Sweetie, I am the antithesis of a hippy.

If you were fat at 111 pounds, I would tell you. Anything between 100 and 125 pounds is healthy for your height. I am 4'10" and 130 pounds, just to put things in perspective. Compared to most people, you are VERY THIN.

It sounds like you may have body dysmorphic disorder, an unhealthy preoccupation with imagined flaws.

sarah b
Rating
OK , first off where are you getting that you are overweight? I think that first you need to find out from your doctor exactly what the healthy weight is for you at 5'0"... 111 sounds great.. Dont you go trying to look like twiggy now.. thats just gross.. A woman is meant to have some curves..Im 5 ft tall and i weigh 130 pds.. i am overweight.. you aren't.

Bleeding♥Mascara
Um... 111 pounds isn't even close to overweight. Even for your height. Its just average.

But if u really want to get thinner, exercise more, eat healthy(mostly fruits and veggies), and drink lots of water. Cut out junk food and sodas too.

FashionDiva
*I would suggest changing your eating habits. I saw this program on tv and it made a lot of sense. You need to eat really slow. focus on just eating, don't watch tv or anything. pay attention to what your body is telling you. chew slowly and then you will sense that you're full and stop eating no matter what. if you eat super fast your head won't get the message that you're full right away and then you will have eaten past your limit. also eat better food. stay on the outside of the grocery store. all the aisles have the food that's bad for you. stick to fruit veggies, dairy and so on. then exercise and more than 10 minutes at a time or it won't do anything. no matter what you do, do it HEALTHY, you need to be wise about your choices and choose a plan that will last a lifetime not some fad diet because you usually end up gaining the weight back. * But I just want to add that you can't be that fat because when I was your age and height I was 140 luckily some miracle of god happened and I grew 5 inches and my waist shrunk. maybe you just need to wait for puberty and a grow spirt.*
and if you don't know what you should be eating everyday, try this website...
http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy