Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

HELPPPPPP MEEEEEEE PLEASE!?
I have just started 8th grade. 13 years old. I want to order this exercise tape called Slim in 6. http://www.beachbody.com...

How can a 13 year old girl loose 10lb. in 2 weeks?

Additional Details
if i weigh alot more than im supposed to (170lb.)...

Am i fat?
I weigh 100 pounds and i am 5'5 i think i need to loose 20 pounds i am the cheerleading squad captin and this summer we are going to an overweight childrens camp to pump them up and help them ...

How can i lose twenty pounds in two days?

Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?
Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?...

Why am i always hungry after dinner?
i eat til i am like full then ten mins later im like hungry again, i am 13 years old.
Additional Details
i dont eat alot of junk ...

I am 5'10 135 lbs 34-28-39 measurements - good or bad?

If a cookie contains 110 calories and you cut it in half do you consume HALF the calories??
or is it just bogus.? like no matter how big the piece is its still going to contain that many calories.?...

If i eat about 600-800 calories a day..?
is it dangerous?.. i'm not fat! i just want to get toned and lose the stubborn little fat i have here and there before the summer, especially my little love handles.. besides my love handles i ...

I weigh 340 pounds. I have been trying to lose weight for a while. Can someone give me tips on doing so?

What are some natural laxatives?
School project/disguisting i know....

How do you get fat?
hi i was just wondering exactly how you get fat. is it all about calories or other factors too? can i get some specific informations about how you get fat? and what does fat calorie do? and will diet ...

Are you fat if youre 5'4 16 and 125 ibs?

Plz i dont know if im fat or not?
im 13 5'1" and 129lbs
AM I FAT???
AND IF I AM WHAT WEIGHT SHOULD I BE AT?
aND HOW CAN I GET THERE?...

Im trying to gain weight, any advice??

Am I killing myself? Not enough calories, too much diet soda?
Hello. I have an eating disorder. I've been like this for years, I am seeking help. Lately I've been going down hill fast. I am eating 600 calories a day or less, and I drink TONS of diet ...

Do you brush your teeth BEFORE or AFTER you breakfast?

Whats a way to lose 50lb in 5 months?
whats a way that i can lose 50lb in 5 months
its really really important that i do so.
soo what are some ways that would help like what are some things you do to keep the weight off??

Is 96 lbs fat for a 12 year old????

Additional Details
im 5'1 yeaah i no, im shooooort!...

Should the state lower the drinking age?

queenbirdy@verizon.n...
Is it ok for me too run 1 hour a day im only 14?
i love running

.sgath.
Rating
good for u! i wish i can do that lol

dbmurata
Rating
Absolutely. Does your high school have a cross country team?

BuffaloBill1989
Rating
Depends on how much practice you've had!

Liam J
Rating
of course! Just make sure you eat enough to keep up with the running, unless u wanna loose weight.

=]
why not? as long as your eating and sleeping and have plenty of energy:)

some1
Rating
yea it is
just dont kill yourself lol

join track or something since you love running so much

yo mama
yes as long as your not pushing your limit

jdmblazinj
Rating
yes, it is very good cardiovascular excersize, and will make you healthier as a whole.

SweetDesire
Rating
That perfectly fine as long as you know when to stop.
I would recommend you run every other day until your body gets used to it :).
Have Fun Running =D

Where's the Snow?
Rating
yes just dont forget your water breaks.

CrispyChickenFoot
Absolutely. There is no risk in exercise as long as you are in good health, staying properly hydrated and wearing proper footwear.

Just look both ways before you cross the street.

Gaby Jonas
Rating
yes its very healthy

Beneath
Lol why would you question it? Yes its fine

RICKY R
Rating
Yes because you need that amount of time to have something called 'capillarization' happen. To make sure you do not over train/overdo it. Why not keep a daily record of your heart rate. Just be consistant when you take it. Unexplained increases alert you to overtraining or impending illness, etc. AND you can see your progress in training as your HR [heart rate] goes down [as you heart becomes more efficient]
Start slow and add on. Do not start at an hour a day. Maybe a long run like that 1-2x a week. Listen to your body and remember : REST is where the actual benefit/improvements actually happen.
Good luck.

Corinne H
Rating
IT's actually really healthy for you.
ever since i was 12 i run an hour every day =) except for when im sick.

lucy b
yh sure!! im thirteen and sometimes i run 'jog) for 2 hours. It really depends how fit you are go out on a jog first and see how long you can jog for first and then if you want challenge yourself by adding another five minutes for next time and then keep adding more of you want.
hope it helped otherwise it was a bit of a waste of time lol xx

Janet
maybe.. an hour is kinda long though :S try 3)min a day :). Then one rest day is good for recovery which will make the upcoming week of running much more fun and fast.

but get good shoes and be aware of your joints hurting.

get evaluated for what type of shoes you need for your feet/way of running it makes a big difference on preventing injuries(they often do it at the store for you-try running room). Also don't wear the same shoes you run in as the shoes you wear everyday.. the impact is different; get two pairs!

Jess ツ
Rating
Of course it is! Just make sure you do plenty of stretching so you don't overwork your muscles, and don't do more than you can handle.

None of your business
Yes it keeps you in shape.

Lovejoy
Sure it is. My daughter is also 14 and she runs daily. She has to stay conditioned for track.

Sasha G
Rating
yah. i am eleven and i run 15 mins a day. but on the weekends i run a 5miles.whats ur mile time. and you have to be really health!!! i love running 2!! please pick me!!

phillies phan
yes that's fine. some of the girls on my varsity cross country team are 14 and they run an hour with us at practice. just don't overdo it. and be sure to stay hydrated - drink lots of water! also, you should rest one day a week for recovery.

mustyhigh
Rating
well if wanna stay fit u should not ru but run during say a game or play soccer with a buddy that way u get more than 1 hour in less time

sarah
yeah running is good for you, just don't over do it.

Farther away
Rating
well if u love it, yes it's ok

Purple
Rating
i think so, but still talk to the doc and congrats!

Guy S
yes for sure !

Fairfax_triangle
Rating
Get a physical from a doctor and tell him what you are planning to do. Get good running shoes, NOT the cheap ones from Walmart or K-Mart.
New Balance is good. Protect your feet and knees with quality running shoes.

urbancheeseshank
Rating
An hour per day is fine, just not seven days per week.
You need at least two days off every week to allow the running muscles time to recuperate.
Doing something with different muscles, like swimming, would be perfect as a counter-balance. Research has shown that young athletes who do a variety of sports are injured less than ones who do only one sport.

AcerSUCKS
nothing wrong, infact if you ran alot when your young you will get a supior body to others, and when your 16 and in high shool you will able to run 1 mile in less than 6 minutes

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy