Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

EASY 10 points BEST ANSWER !?
Now im 5"10, 80 kilos
I usto be 70 4 months ago before i started to go to the Gym !
3/4 days a week i do:
Cardio 20 min
Workout 1 hour ->
Arms(60 pounds)
Back(80&...

Everbody agree that drinking water is good for health - which one is best - hot ? cold ? normal ?
Happy new Year Wishes for all, just out of curiosity, I had in my mind to find out an answer for this question - Is drinking Hot water ? Cold Water ? Normal Water - good for ...

Girls which do you prefer?
slim toned bod or muscles im slim but started in ...

I want somethign sweet but don't want to ruin my diet?
Has anyone got any good recipes for a really nice dessert, but one which won't add on too many calories? And how do other people deal with their sweet tooth when they're trying to lose ...

I'm 15 years old and I need to lose 50 pounds. Any tips?
I am 5'7 and weigh 205 lbs.
I'm out of control with yo-yo dieting, and I need help.
Any tips are more than appreciated....

I'm Constipated.?
DAMN YOU KFC !! Every bloody time =/

oh welll..... any advice?
should i have fruit?
water?
bicarbonated soda?

What is the healthiest meal option at KFC?
excluding ...

Best way to reduce stress?
I haven't been sleeping, I've been over eating and then not eating enough, I've been gaining and losing weight, and I'm tired all the time....

What is the best way to slim down?

Why do people like to eat so much? it makes them fat!?

Is there way way I can lose weight fast?
I need to lose around 5-7 pounds. I'm 5'5'' and 118 pounds. People say I'm skinny but I have a little pouch around my stomach and I hate my thighs. I don't want to be ...

What's healthier Pepsi or Coke?
Between just Pepsi and Coke, which of the two is healthiest to drink. Niether of them are, but which is better. It's hard to tell, because they both have their highs and lows, and sometimes in ...

Weight help!!!?
Hi I am 12 years old, five foot 4 and I weigh 140 lbs and maybe even more. You dont have to tell me that I am overweight because I already know I am. But I just cant stop eating. I dont feel hungry ...

How can i gain weight? :/?
i'm 13 right now. 5'2 & 85 lbs. i get called names like anorexic, a human toothpick, and this one time, a guy was like do you eat? & i'm really tired of it. and even my family ...

Question!?
How much a day should I be runninf if i wanna loose 30 pounds in 4 months?...

What would be an unhealtily low weight for my height?
ie: losing periods, losing muscle mass, general bad health?
I'm 5'7 and 110 ( so dont worry im not underweight or anything) but just wondered at what weight i would be underweight....

Am i fat? Details included...it seems..all my fat goes to one place?
I am a 14 year old girl...who plays alot of sports....including basketball (Top scorer for 3 years straight). ....i weight 118 on good days...123 on bad days. it seems..my arms are pretty thin.......

Why havent I lost weight?
For over a month i have been doing a self control thing with my diet, Im a vegetarian, i dont eat artificial sugars or have caffine. I havent lost any weight at all which is what i would have liked, ...

Toooooooo skinny or normal????
is this too skinny or normal???
hott body or not???
if you are a guy would you date a girl with a body like this or is it not curvy enough???
RATE THE BODY 1-10.
the person is 5�...

My sister is 12 yaears old and she weighs 98 pounds is she fat??

AnswerGirl
Is it easy to lose 5lbs in 2 weeks?
I'm dieting, but I'm trying to take it slow and step by step. My goal is to lose 5lbs every two weeks, but I want to just concentrate on those 5lbs every time and not concentrate on the over all weight I want to lose. Do you think it is easier for me to lose weight by taking it step by step, with a small, short term goal instead of a long term goal? I want to lose about 20-25lbs.

james f
fatty.

Peter
Rating
2 weeks 5 lbs and take it easy? it's impossible. most you could lose is like 2-3 lbs for a month if moderate exercise and diet are done.

faysalbest
Yes

Exercise everyday like jogging around the block
Skip meals. Eat 2 times per day than 3 times per day
Dont eat until you're full
Eat fruits at night if your hungry.
Drinks lots of water and stop all the fast food and chocolate.
There are more tips and info.
there's a video on success fitness too.

kelly
Rating
Exercise everyday like jogging around the block
Skip meals. Eat 2 times per day than 3 times per day
Dont eat until you're full
Eat fruits at night if your hungry.
Drinks lots of water and stop all the fast food and chocolate.
There are more tips and info.
there's a video on success fitness too.
http://helpyourself.50webs.com

idkmybffcheyenne
Rating
I lost 5lbs in one day. No one on here believed me though. All i did was eat healthy.

Juliet
OOOH! I know this one!! Ok this is what you need to do:

- Wake up early and sleep early
- Build some muscle by working out ~ like sit ups and push ups because muscle burns calories even while sleeping
- Insead of dinner, drink vegetable juice
- Have a big breakfast and have lesser amounts of food throughout the day
- Have 5 small meals insead of 3 bigger meals (because the human body takes in more of what you eat when you're hungry. if you have 5 meals, you are never hungry or full)
- WAlk around the neighbor once after dinner of...well...vegetable juice (the V8 ones taste the best)
- do NOT drink the lose weight smoothies unless you are substituting it for a meal.
I hope that helps :)

sad_excuse_123
Rating
its never easy losing weight
than again
everyone is different remember that

DJ C
Its actually easy but it takes dedication. no eating out, eat healthy and portions. Lots of fruit and veggies.

ap
Rating
well it all depends on how much you are willing to put into losing wheight as you know calories=energy however consuming more calories than necesary makes you gain unwanted wheight each pound=3,000 calories so in order to lose 5 pounds in 2 weeks you must burn 15,000 more calories than normal during those two weeks which would be roughly 2,000 extra calories burned everyday if you excersize for about 2 hours everday you will lose 5 pounds in 2 weeks good luck :D

XiaoZhen
Set a long term goal. Then focus on losing a small amount week by week.

Try low carb, low fat, high fibre, high protein, and exercise. The foods are low caloried, and yet filling and healthy. Brisk walking is great for burning body fats.

It is my lifestyle now. I am on low carb, low fat, high fibre, high protein and a hour brisk walk 5 times a week, and I have lost 31lbs/14kg and gained better health. I am now maintaining my 108lbs/49kg for more than a year, with more fruits and complex carbs.

Details such as my experience, meals, snacks, recipes, foods to buy, reading labels, walking as an exercise and to shape the body etc etc, are in my blog

eil ashti
Rating
Low Carb Dieting Tip
Your rate of metabolism dictates how many calories you burn. Heredity, gender, age, body size. diet and nutrition, activity level, and your overall health factor in on determining how high or low your metabolism is. It is normal for metabolism levels to lower as a person ages. Because of this it is important to begin stepping up your exercise routines in your thirties and forties.

Ways to Boost Your Metabolism

Eat Regularly - Eating 5-6 small meals throughout the day will give you energy throughout the day--helping you to burn calories. Whereas, calories eaten during larger meals tend to get stored as fat.
Maintain a Balanced Diet - Not only how often you eat is important, but your food choices are equally as important. Nurture you body with the appropriate balance of protein and carbs.

Eating whole foods rather than processed food gives your digestive system a workout that burns calories. For example: choose an apple over apple juice.
Workout with Weights - Building muscle mass will replace stored fat. As you build muscle tissue your metabolism increases.
Don't Forget Cardio - You need to get that heart rate up and breathe a little heavier. Twenty to thirty minutes of cardiovascular activity 5 days a week is recommended. Brisk walking or swimming are good. Or utilize exercise equipment (exercise bike, treadmill, or elliptical trainer)
Fruits and vegetables are clearly an important part of a good diet. Almost everyone can benefit from eating more of them, but variety is as important as quantity. No single fruit or vegetable provides all of the nutrients you need to be healthy. The key lies in the variety of different fruits and vegetables that you eat.
Some basic fruit and vegetable tips:
• Try to eat more fruits and vegetables. If you need 2,000 calories a day to maintain your weight and health, aim for at least nine servings (4½ cups) a day.
• Choose a variety of different fruits and vegetables. It's easy to get into a rut when it comes to the food you eat. Break out and try a wider variety - include dark-green, leafy vegetables; yellow, orange, and red fruits and vegetables; cooked tomatoes; and citrus fruits.

chikki
if you try really hard and not give into cravings..I'm sure you can lose your goal!!

good luck :D

deenadoodles
I think short term goals are more reachable and don't discourage you as much as looking ahead at a goal that may seem overwhelming.
It sounds like you are very serious. Don't skip meals as suggested by some others. Skipping meals makes you hungrier and more likely to binge eat. Just eat sensibly and keep exercising or walking. I eat a piece of fruit 20 minutes before a meal. It takes your brain 20 minutes to get that signal that your belly is full. That piece of fruit doesn't fill me up but does cause me to eat a little less that I normally would at the meal and it helps me get in all my daily fruits. You can also eat carrots, nuts or another healthy snack instead of the fruit. Good luck with your weight loss.

Y
Yes, be careful what you eat. Get plenty of exercise. I recommend talking to a doctor before going on a diet!

x_thatscool
Rating
I figure it's easier to look at it in short-term, because when you look at how much you wanna lose, you'll get overwhelmed. (Or most people do, that i've realized) And in some cases, it can discourage them. But yeah, I think looking at it "Five pounds at a time" or so can really help your outlook on it. Plus it gives you smaller goals so you can have numerous ones, and that'll give you more chances to cheer yourself on, which'll definitely boost the diet.

trivium332
Rating
Like he said, exercise alot, if you get bored go for a walk or a jog or something instead of watching tv. 5lbs in 2 weeks should be very doable, also depends on your body tho, some people burn more than others.

Tom
Rating
So lon as you don't starve yourself.

For a male, 5 pounds should be easy.
But for females on the other hand, it is harder to lose weight.

Don't do only cardio, try building muscle.

Which is another thing.
If you are already thin enough, you might develop muscle and this would play a key role in the pounds you lose as some weeks you will probably lose no weight.

Try weighing yourself every month only to encourage you to keep working out.

Sometimes the scales don't exactly tell you what you want to see.

Lori Ann
Well I was 135 pounds and within a matter of 4 months tops I dropped down to 92 pounds. I think the main thing is just sit yourself down and say "Okay I want to lose 5 pounds within the next two weeks, Im going to do this by not eating "junk" food or drinking sugary pop. I'm also going to cut down my quantity." Then you ll see yourself dropping weight, just remember to maintain it.
Good luck!

Jasmine Lily
Rating
I disagree with the first response. You're supposed to eat 6 times a day. SMALL meals. To boost your metabolism. If you skip meals, or starve yourself, your body will go into starvation mode, holding onto everything you eat. Including fat.
Drink lots of water, eat low-fat, low calorie foods. Exercise and weight train. Good luck! I'm doing it too!!

WhoMe?
Rating
Well, "easy" is never a word I use for losing weight! :) Depending on how much you need to lose, 5 lbs in 2 weeks should be doable. Sounds like you are on the right track with the right mindset. Good luck!

babygirl7_84
Rating
the small goals will probably help a lot because the whole deal will not seem so overwhelming. good luck with that.

Casually Blonde
Rating
It is very sensible, the way you are going about it. You seem like a sensible person because you understand that it is not a quick, starve yourself fix.
Setting yourself smaller goals are much better than focusing on the overall weight loss. 5lbs every 2 weeks is definitely achievable, but remember, the longer you diet, it will become harder to lose that amount every 2 weeks. After the first 2 week periods, maybe change your goal to 4lbs the following 2 weeks, then 3lbs the next 2 weeks. This way, you won't be as discouraged if you don't lose the 5lbs every fortnight.
And never skip meals!! That is just plain stupid of people to suggest. You speed up your metabolism by increasing the amounts of time you eat in a day, but keep the portions smaller. And never cut out carbs completely. It'll make you put weight on twice as fast when you eventually start eating them again. Vegetables are very filling, so try having a big bowl of vegetable soup in the evenings.
Good luck, you can do it!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy