Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What can you eat to satisfy a sweet tooth in stead of chocolate?
looking for a healthy ...

I'm looking into becoming anorexic, Any Good tips would be appreciated?
I heard this is a GREAT way to lose those extra pesky pounds, It also makes your hair shiny and smooth, I am just too fat!! if you know of any links to any websites let me know, thanks ...

Are ramen noodles healthy?
im on a ...

Do I need to lose weight? and how do i?
i think i need to lose weight
im 12, 5'4, and weigh 145lbs.
but what is an easy way to do it?...

Will eating only eggs make me lose weight?

Tips on how to stop food cravings?? help!!?
do you have any tips for me because i say like "okay today im dieting" but within 2 hours im craving crisps,sweets,biscuits!!
i know a good tip is too get rid of all snacks in my ...

What is the easiest way to lose weight?

I Get Fat When I Exercise...Plz Help!!!?
I hate excerising, but whenever i excerise i just get fatter. I eat alot. Im not that Fat. But I need to Get in shape. Anything I can do? Without The pills and surgery??
Additional Details<...

Am I anorexic if I think I'm fat at 60 pounds, 4"11, and I eat 3 meals a day (1,400 calories)?
I have a stomach, and a big one, but I can see my ribs.
Additional Details
I am 14 years old....

Why is it im eating so much but im not putting on any wight?
I eat three meals aday but all the meals are fried and i am worryed im not putting any wight on....

What's a healthy weight for a girl who's 5'4 and 14.5 years old?

Is it ok to try throwing up for a few weeks to lose weight?
hi, im very over weight, im 23 5,11" in height and weigh about 23 stone, some scales cant read me

i hate how i look and feel fat

iv tried diets all the time but i always ...

Why are Americans getting fatter?
The US Center for Disease Control has stated that soon obesity will overcome smoking as the #1 preventable cause of death within the next 10 years. 8 years ago, 50% of the US was overweight or obese. ...

I want to loose weight but it is not working, what should i do???
Ok... im 13 and i weigh 104 pounds and im 5 feet 2 inches my bmi tests say im normal. But when i look in the mirror i c a fat person. I want to loose 10 pounds. My friends tell me to stop. Im purging,...

If you 're 5'8 how tall are you? get easy 10 points?

I need to lose about 10lbs fast. any tips.?

What are the best foods to eat to keep you full and help you lose weight?
I lost 45 pounds last year on diet pills and gained it all back quickly. Now I am determined to do this the right way. I am 17 years old, 5'7, and weigh 225. That is a lot. I really just want to ...

Am fat and sooo unhappy?
Am fat and sooo unhappy?
I'm 32 and weight 12 stones and 8lbs. I'm 5ft 8. with big bodyframe. My clothes size is 12/14. and bra size is 36DD. Is this fat???

I hate myself so ...

How can I gain weight before school starts in August??
I'm not sure if I have a fast metabolism or something because it seems impossible to gain weight. I weigh about 100 right now. How can i gain at least 20 pounds without spending alot of money?...

Is it better to join a gym or just walk every- morning?
I just want to lose tbis flab stomach and tone up other areas- please help, thank ...

katiem_123
Is it TRUE that MORE YOU SWEAT THE MORE WEIGHT YOU LOSE??
i heard that the more you sweat the more weight you lose....is that true?? if it is, does that mean that if i walk 2km on a hot day and sweat more, rather than walking 2km on a cold day i will lose more weight?? can someone clarify this for me please?? thanks =)

sweetandsourcrap
Yeah, sweating makes you lose weight. They used to make jockeys run in black rubber suits under the sun so they'd sweat and lose more weight for the races. (i dont advise this though, some people died)

ssgoldie
Rating
Technically when you sweat you are just losing water and not fat from your body. This means that once you drink water that water weight which you lost while you sweat is put back into your body.

Saverain
Rating
Yes sweating means your body's heating up, hence the term burning calories. Calories translates into glucose and fat which translates into weight. Loosing weight.

Clueless
it's not true

weight loss has a lot to do with cardio exercises etc.

and i wouldnt' recommend you walk 2km on a hot day, unless you have a bottle of water with you for convenience drinking, otherwise you might pass out due to dehydration

Amelia
you burn the same amount of calories but you might lsoe more water weight.

james
Rating
Yes you have a temporary weight loss until you replace the water that you need to live.

go gators!
yes and no, while you may step on the scale and see that you have lost more weight, it is purely water weight and will be put back on a lot faster than losing actual body fat

Becca G
You burn more calories, not lose more weight! But, they're closely related! =]

☀♡soshortnsweet4evDuH♡☀
Rating
u only lose less if you sweat and keep drinking water

toocoolringlady
Rating
No it doesn't. You lose weight buy burning up more calories than you eat.

Amanda E
Rating
well i know that when you sweat you lose calories which transfer into fat ....so yea.

Sheila
When you sweat you loose water weight. Make sure you drink lots of water to replace the water lost. The more you drink the more water you can sweat out. Some fat comes out of your pours as you sweat.

boredom fighter!
Rating
i think so...i mean, i ONLY think so...hey, its a good question!...

misssexydd
Yes...you lose more water weight and nothing else.

David J
Rating
That's not true at all.

myager17
Rating
water weight...
but theres a whole lot of variables concerned.

Duffle Bag
Rating
Temporarily, you just lose water weight. Usually you lose weight while sweating though because your working out but the sweat itself isn't permenant weight being lost.

Sean F
not really to do with sweat, i mean fat people sweat all the time but you dont see them getting any thinner. What you are reffering to is the water loss you undergo when you sweat, yes, it can be a dramatic change to your weight HOWEVER, it is temporary as you always put the water back on, because BEING HYDRATED IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IN LOSING ACTUAL FAT WEIGHT.

* One Chick*
Yes because it lets all the bad bacterias out of your body which sometimes can be connected to fats.It's kind of the similar reason why when you have a cold, it's better to sleep in a warm place and wake up sweating because it lets the bad things out.

Green Tea Turtle Baby
Rating
I think it just means you lose more water. A lot of your weight is water that is stored inside your body, so although you may appear to weigh less when you sweat heaps, it's not always that weight loss is because of it.

ocean_creative
Rating
yes... u will loose up your weight... but its not much.... if u count every drop of ur sweat drops... it must be less than juz 2oz.... but u r using ur energy and burn ur calories.... so its not the sweat that make u loose weight...

Iknowthisone
Rating
Technically yes, in as much as water does have weight but you go home and drink a big glass of water and guess what? The weight is right back on.

Bonkers!
It is a mathematical certainty. Sweating is loosing water, and loosing anything is loosing weight. Whether or not it has any effect on your overall weight is a different matter.

jameslankford
Rating
no, it's calorie intake and calorie burn...weather, heat and seat loss do not matter.

Romeo
i doubt it.

dreamkaztle
Rating
yes

stevenhendon
LOOK. calories are the energy used by the body. They harder a body has to work, the more calories burned. If you are sweating, that is your body "working" to cool itself. Calories are expended during sweating alone. Running on a hot day will burn more (marginally) than on a cold day. Most of the weight loss will be due to both the actual water in the sweat and the loss of water retention due to the salt loss. Sweating is about the same as drinking ice cold water. It does burn more calories. But the amount of calories burned is small. Over time, they can add up, but you would be better off building more lean muscle and doing cardio.

Drew
Rating
yes

Highvoltage
Last time I checked, sweat is water with mineral salts. Water is 8lbs./gallon. Yes, you loose weight, but you replace it as soon as you get a drink. Exercise increases muscle tone which burns off fat. The fat holds water. Less fats, less water held, less weight.....takes time though.

alex
i think so...im not 100% positive though

Marina
Rating
As long as you are sweating (any amount) you are burning calories. And, to be precise, your body works harder when it's cold outside so it's better to exercise in the cold and the elements.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy