Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is Mcdonald's healthy food really as healthy as it's advertised to be?

I'm 23 yrs old..5'6..and 117 lbs..is my weight normal?

I'm a really overweight person and i wont eat vegetables, any tips on how to lose weight?

Additional Details
I haven't ate any vegetables for 14 years......

Hey guys and girls from ages13 to17!?
i am 13, 63",and i weigh 119.do you think that is fat.
Additional Details
i am 63 inches A.K.A. 5ft 3in....

How long should you starve yourself for before eating something so you dont die?
just wondering
how long as any of you starved yourself for
Additional Details
WHEN I REACH THE ZERO GOAL,I MAY GET HELP THEN :)...

What's the best way to get rid of flabby arms?
I've been exercising regularly, am fit and am not fat elsewhere, but just got flabby arms. How to get rid of stubborn fats at the arms??...

Is Green Tea really good or you? why?

Is 119 an OK weight for a 12 year-old girl?
I'm 5"1 and I'm gonna turn 13 in about a month. I play field hockey and am with the track team. I'm just kind of worried that I might be overweight (bmi of 22.5 I think) Do I need ...

What is the best quick easy food for someone on a diet?

Who is sitting at a desk right now eating a browni or junk and who is eating a caret or something like that.?
i just want to count how many people prefure that stuff??????????...

Fasting 1 week?
I really want to not eat anything for 1 week. Dont worry, im not anorexic or anything but i want to lose the weight fast. How much do you think i will lose if i drink nothing but water all week and i ...

How can I get a body like Beyonce?
I absolutely would love to have a body like Beyonce. How can I get it? I am pretty straight down- not many curves. I would love a bigger butt and some hips. How can I get it so it looks good and ...

Why are all americans fat - is it too many freedom fries?

Does anyone know a healthy way to actually GAIN weight?
I'm naturally skinny and I eat quite a lot of food, and I would just like to gain some more weight becomes I'm definately on the lower ends of the BMI index graphs. It's not like I ...

Is this too much weight?
125 lbs
5'2"...

Stronger arms, 10 points?
Well I have some wipmy arms. I can't do a decent pushup and i can't do a pull up. I really want to be able to do a pull up beacuse in class we are going to have a pull up test. This is my ...

How did YOU lose weight?
currently i am trying to lose 15 - 20 lbs. but i do not know how much i should eat and how much exercise i should do? can anyone tell me how many miles i should jog and how much i should eat a day. i ...

What are the benefits of bike riding?
I know this is a common sense question, but in detail, what are the benefits of riding a bike. I just purchased a mountain bike just recently....

I am 13 years old, 4'11" and 98 pounds in the morning I want to lose weight, are there healthy options for me?
I also have a chubby face-will I lose that naturally or wil I have to diet?...

I have NO energy. Drinking caffeine won't help. I'm healthy in my 40's no kids, no stress what can I take....
.....what can I take to increase my energy. I eat very well. No sugar, salt or unprocessed anything. Only lean meat, salads. Very low fat and only good carbs. I also dring plenty of water. Don...

emilythe_1
Is eating what you want at weekends and eating less on weekdays ok? is that a good way to lose weight?

Additional Details
i am 17 years old, and do a 1/2 hours of exersise a day. i weigh 8.7st, is this normal? i eat really strictly in the week and eat near enough what i like from saturday to sunday afternoon. is this normal?

geessewereabove
No.
My daddy was that way and died one month past his 36th birthday, from a heart attack.

r. d. naples
Rating
Eating less is never a healthy way to lose weight. The trick is to actually eat once every two hours! Just make sure what you're eating is healthy and keep the portions small... that along with exercise will help you lose weight the HEALTHY way.

And there's nothing wrong with allowing one day a week for you to eat exactly what you want...

When you eat less and/or irregularly your body never knows when it's going to get its energy (food) so as soon as it does it immediately stores it as fat just to make sure... (because they don't know when they're going to get it again.) So, not eating is a bad idea!

ladylara1979
The thing is if your eating less on a weekday your slowing your metabolism down...then your eating what you want at weekends and your body will no be able to respond correctly

Your better off having a little of what you like everyday...rather than having one big binge or you will just yo yo all the time..

Don't starve yourself....or your more likely to put on a hell of allot of weight once you eat properly

Take it slow just eat sensible..light exercise..and a little bit of something as a treat won't hurt...you can eat almost anything as long as its in moderation

Good Luck hope you succeed :)

Update: just read update on your question you weigh 8st 7lb ...how tall are you as that sounds a very good weight for average height you don't want to melt away to nothing..

Shelleyb
NO! You need to balance your meals daily. The occasional pig out won't hurt, but not every weekend. You also need to think about exercise, you will see results much more quickly than by diet alone.

luke n
Rating
At your age you are better off exercising, and then you can do near enough what you like. I never put on weight at your age. I burnt it off. Plus you will look better if you exercise.

nurgle69
Rating
I can't see it doing you any harm but then 8stone 7 isn't excatly gargantuan hell im more than that and im 5'2

Clint
Rating
no,no

kat_sparrow
You can't eat like a pig all weekend, and diet during the week and expect good results. But sometimes, sticking to a diet is hard. I found that I can stick with it longer if I "relax" a bit on weekends.

Weight Watchers allows that. If you're not familiar with WW, foods are assigned a points value. You're allowed a max. number of points per day, based on your weight. Let say you can have 25 points a day. You can actually "bank" a certain number of points to use any time that week. So if you have a party or special event, you can use your banked points to allow a little more freedom.

Successful weight loss is more about changing your eating habits than depriving yourself. If you eat healthy, low fat nutritious meals all week, and then want to relax a little on the weekend, I think you'll find you're able to keep that up a lot longer than constantly depriving yourself. I love pizza. I "diet" all week, but then on Saturday, I look forward to having my pizza. Just be sure you don't eat so much you undo all the work you've done during the week. And be sure to keep exercising.

lilmissdisorganised
Rating
You should know. Is it working?

teddy
Rating
No its the way to put weight on, eat and drink sensibly all the week, a well balanced diet, it will eventually come off.

Kenzie D
Rating
just watch what you eat all the time. dont eat more than you need to. but dont starve yourself.

THEN... thats all good in itself but you must exercise to lose the weight and tone your muscles

g
Rating
Not really. If you want to lose weight you need to be aware of what you are eating. Lowering you carbohydrate intake helps alot. Try not to snack on chips, crackers, candy. Anything that has sugar and white flour as one of the first 3 ingrediants is bad for a diet Depending on your age and weight you need to keep track of your calories, as much as you can. Keep it to between 2000 and 2300 to loose weight. No more though. Try to eat lean meat and veggies, egg whites, whole grain breads and cereals. Good Luck!

labelle_2004
Rating
It is a good way especially if you're not exercising as much as you suppose to. So eating strictly for 6 days out of the week and go crazy on the 7th day is perfectly normal.

Mary J
If you want to lose weight some weeks.
You can try Lose weight a week plan first!

Day 1:

Eat the soup accompanied with watermelon and melon for your main food all day long. Consume a glass of unsweetened cranberry juice before you go to bed.

Day 2:

Stop eating fruit at all! Consume your soup and you are allowed to eat green salad. Make sure the salad contain no dressings, peas and corns.

For dinner you can consume roasted potato or baked potato with butter (don’t ever think to fry it)

Day 3:

Consume the soup, salad and fruit but no potato today.

Day 4:

Eat the soup accompanied with a glass of skimmed milk. Consume 8 pieces of banana to provide your body enough energy. Your body now need carbohydrate and protein also calcium to lessen body need for sugar.

Day 5

Eat your soup again. Today you should consume salad and salmon fish. Make sure the salmon fish don’t exceed 10 ounces.

Day 6

You should consume maximum 10 ounces of meat along with your soup. You need the protein here.

Last Day

Consume 4 table spoons of rice with vegetables. Drink fresh watermelon or melon juice without sugar and eat your soup also today.

More information in
<--" How do I lose weight in a week?"-->
<--http://www.healthylifeday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=130&Itemid=62

Please enjoy it!

J N
WRONG WAY!!!! you have and eating problem

raspberry_to_you
You already know the answer to that question

?
Rating
No you really need to keep to your plan. You will throw off your system and your routine and you will only confuse your system and it will fail. Your body is like a computer..you have to program it to do what you want.

Stephen K
It is better if you eat a lot of little meals throughout the day

ARTmom
No- try checking out the fat grams in the foods you eat-I'm losing by sticking to 25 per day-then when I want to have a fun meal-like on a weekend-I don't feel bad. Its just less junk food, more veges, lite yougurt, lean meats and seafood etc. Even bread but not heavy breads-just read the packaging. Its been great as I'm a wife and Mom and work.

sunshine.ocean
Rating
no, but there are tons of weight loss snack subsitutes around, look it up on google maybe,(the weight loss snacks i mean)

nannieldf
Rating
I don't think so. If you don't eat enough food your body will think it is starving. I know from experience that I went for years not eating breakfast, eating raw vegetables for lunch and having a really light supper and I never lost any weight. Then I started eating breakfast and a sensible lunch and supper and I lost weight. Too little food can be as bad and too much food

laura
Rating
eeerrrr NO

udontnome
Rating
idk my dad he eats watever on saturday and during the week he is on a diet and he has lost 50 pounds in 2 months

just me
NO... you need to eat small meals fequently (5-6) during the day everyday. an occasional binge wont hurt you but don't do it on a regular basis.

mikeodonagh
Been there done that, then the weekends become extended, like friday to Monday and then it gets out of hand.

xRACHELx
Rating
no it isnt.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy