Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I fat (pics included)? Would my weight turn guys off?
I'm 16 (nearly 17) years old, 140.6 lbs pounds (63.9kg) and 5'5...

Pic of body (lost 5 pounds since this pic):
http://tinypic.com/view.
Pic ...

It's not fair! I hat being skinny!?
I am 72 pounds, 5"3, 14, and female. I have a very fast metabolism, and I am very skinny. I hate being skinny, because all my friends embarass me, even though they don't know it.
They ...

How long does it take to lose ten pounds?

Additional Details
i am 5'9'' weigh 235 i would like to loose ten pounds what is the best why to go by it....

Serious Question!Has anyone ever been really skinny and found a pretty uncomplicated way of putting on weight?
I eat absolutely loads and have a super fast motabelism so not interested in "eat more!" responses!...

Im 15, 5' 4, 115 pounds. am i overweight??

Is 110 too skinny?
I'm 5'2 and I dont know if i'm too skinny or if its ...

What does it mean when people say, "you look healthy?"?
everyone tells me i look "great" and "you look good how you are" and that i "look healthy." nobody is telling me to lose weight, but sometimes i wonder if this is a ...

How to lose 7 pounds by september 4th? Can someone motivate me? :]?
School starts on september 4th, and my beginning weight was 131.5
ive been exercising and eating healthy and i went to about 123, but i slacked a bit and now I'm 127.5 ish. I want to be 120 ...

Do you laugh at people in the gym who have no idea what there doing?
i do...depends what there doing though...if it can injure them ill let em know that
but some stuff is just hilarious...this one guy was benching on a bench press earlier and he lowered the bar ...

Which do you like better, wheat thins or triscuts?
Please describe why you like the cracker and why you think it's ...

What are the best songs every to exercises to??

Do smoking cigarrettes cause you to eat more?
There is a lot of info out there that cigarettes curb your appetite, but is it possible they can increase your appetite and aid in weight gain?...

Help me i need to lose 14 lbs?
i want to lose 14lbs
im 15 about 5 4 and weight about 104 and i really wanna lose 14 lbs any help would be great i started walking long distance each day eating less and making sure i burn off ...

I need to loose 2 pounds really fast,any tips other than excersise or eating less?

Additional Details
plz if u dont have anything good to say,then dont say nothing at all!!!!

those who dohave good advice, thanx 2 you hopefully i'll look great on ...

How much weight do you think I can lose by june?
I'm pretty overweight due to a thyroid condition. I need to lose about 55 pounds (and thats just to reast 140).

how much would be healthy to lose by June? (and logical)
A...

Tooooo skinny or normal?????
i am 18. i am wondering if my body is too skinny to go to the beach and stuff this summer. i think that clothes look decent on me, but when i wear a bathing suit i feel too skinny. people have asked ...

Eh?!? What do you think?
OK I am very overweight. I am 5'1 and 160 lbs. I want to be 125-130. I dont have a time limit, though. Anyways, I have started eating healthy and doing weight training and toning exercises and ...

Give me some tips to lose some weight??

What is your height and weight ?

Im i fat ?
im 5'7 and im 14 and i weight 140...

Tamara-- Anti meanies
Is eating burnt things bad for you?
My friend told me and my BFFL Richelle that eating burnt MARSHMALLOWS and just burnt things in general bad for you. My friend Richelle and I think she's wrong, but she keeps saying it's bad. Who's right?

sharklikesmirk
If you eat burnt foods, your babies will lose all their teeth, starting around age 6.

Todd H
Rating
I came across this great product for weight loss (all nautral) and it was excellent for me (it's a detox colon cleanse). Together with a good diet and exercise I am finally happy with my body and the way I look. You should check this product at
http://www.thin-now.us , they have a free trial and you only pay $4.95 shipping and handling. A must!

Stuy B
It is not bad for you . It is actually in some way good for you

zdestinyg
EATING FULLY BURNT THINGS MEANS THAT THE PART THAT IS BURNT HAS NO USE IN YOUR BODY...NO NUTRIENTS...NO PROTIENS...NO USE REALY!
BUT I EAT IT ALL THE TIME TO MUCH IS NOT GOOD...
SHUTES!!!!TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING IS NOT GOOD BUT I STILL DO AND IM ALIVE!!!!!EAT A LOT !!!!TELL UR FRIEND YOU DONT CARE CASUE ITS NOT GONNA KILL YOU...

I LOVE BURNT POPCORN AND ANYTHING REALY ESPECIALY CHICKEN....

PEACE!
Rating
Eating fried, grilled or roasted food raises the risk of ovarian and womb cancer, a huge 11-year study has shown.

Scientists are concerned about the substance acrylamide, produced when food is browned, toasted or burnt.

Non-smoking women in the highest category of acrylamide exposure were twice as likely to suffer the cancers than someone in the lowest group.

lilj
i guess so would you want to eat a black marshmallo

canam
I can tell you this. When someone overdoses on medications, they give them charcoal to drink after the stomach has been flushed because it gets rid of the impurities. Burnt marshmallows are not bad for you, neither is burnt toast.

Miette
wtf no! its burnt, there's nothing to it but burntness, we'd all be sick if it was true i eat burnt stuff all the time.

Jonas Brothers Fanatic!
Rating
I don't think it's bad for you, it just won't taste very good

Therese
Rating
i don't think so, but burnt things don't have any nutrients or anything

blackmule
Rating
No. If it were, I would have died from my wife's cooking long ago.

The Sh*t
Rating
Eating ALOT of it or eating it for long periods of time can cause cancer. But just eating a handful or burnt marshmallows or even a couple of charcoal hamburgers isn't going to hurt you, might turn your poo black but it isn't going to hurt you.

Missie
Rating
well eating burnt things in general isnt good for you but its not gonna kill you if u eat it.

Edward N
Actually its quite the opposite! Eating burned things can actually help your stomach. I have a few friends from Uruguay and they used burned toast to cure stomach aches!

sean291@btinternet.com
When things burn it usually means the 'burn' or blackness part is carbon in an almost pure form as most organic things that we cook are carbon based.

We as humans are made up of this eliment and Carbon is actually used to rid our body from toxins, for instance if you drink a posion, Carbon is used to absorb it to make sure you don't die, usually in the form of a charcoal drink.

However, now saying all that....

Animal studies suggest long-term exposure to very high doses of pure carbon black may increase a person's risk of cancer.

Carbon black that comes from incomplete burning of hydrocarbons is more likely to contain cancer causing chemicals than pure carbon black.

So the brunt of the question is... in the short turm...no, it won't harm you..although, long term exposure may lift the risk of some type of cancers..

Hope that helps.

Sean

eddielikescars
Rating
Everything in moderation. That's the key kid.

Canam: The charcoal your talking about is NOT the same molecular compound as charcoal from the grill, as Micheala stated. Do your homework there. The use certain barium solutions that leave a "charcoal" base in your GI tract when undergoing certain medical procedures.

Aunt Doobie
Rating
I understand that eating burnt meat will eventually cause cancer. But I love to burn hot dogs and bologna. I always eat the meat that is a little chard. It's not as if you eat that stuff everyday.

K!S@ME
well, i cant imagine its wonderful for your health, but think about it, you are basically eating ashes ( that black flaky stuff around your burnt marshmallow ) and that could wear down your teeth!

Bee Bee
If burnt food was bad for you my poor husband would be dead..As he cooks everything on high brunt on the outside raw and frozen in the middle , Thank goodness he only cooks when I am sick. Just can't train the man, where med is on the stove. ,But bless his heart he tries. So don't worry , you'll live.

Dave B
Rating
No its perfectly safe to eat burnt foods, its just that they dont taste that good

♥ คเ๓єє <--**
Yes it is bad for you...acrylamides are chemicals produced when you fry, grill or roast. These are carcinogens and are highly dangerous for you.

The National Health Institute said "MeIQ, MeIQx, and PhIP are heterocyclic amine compounds formed when meats and eggs are cooked or grilled at high temperatures." These compounds are also found in cigarette smoke.

Should be ok in moderation, i like burnt sausages lol xD

Sai2301
when we cook food we are burning it in some way,so whats the point of arguing over it??as long as you dont overcook its fine

Edg1
I have heard that burned food increases cancer risk. The carbon does something in the stomach.

JOE V
studies show that eating burn meat is bad for you. not sure on marshmallows

bobthebizguru
Yes, it is bad for you. If food is burned black, it has carbonized. Carbonized foods, if eaten a lot over a long period of time, can cause cancer. A little of it won't hurt you.

Maxwell
Burn't food won't hurt you, aside from the carcinogens, but it has no nutritional value.

Will the typical white guy II
I use the smoke detector as an oven timer so you probably wouldn't want my answer

Micheala #1 Fan of WDPLM-2
Rating
I burn almost everything I try to cook and I'm still alive and kicking. LOL!

I think people jumped on that bandwagon during the ancient times, when food was cooked on charcoal grills.

Better yet, what isn't bad for us anymore?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy