Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is 128 lbs a lot ?
If you are fifteen and about 5"2 or 5"3 is it alright to way 128lbs? or is that over weight?...

How can I loose 20 lbs in a week?
I'm 135 now I want to be 110-115....

I am in middle school and have verry little time to exorsize how can u give me some fast exorsizes to help. th

How can i lose 60 pounds???
I'm was wondering from ppl that know how to lose weight. Im 5'1 and weight 198 and am only 19 yrs old and would love to lose about 60 pound. I really want to lose it bad and i don't ...

Am i really fat like i think i am?
im 5.4 and im about 130 pounds
my brother always says i am
and im really self consious
am i fat?...

Chocolate addict!?
im addicted to chocolate and i dont want to gain anymore wieght it there anything i can do or take that will stop this addiction?...

Anorexic vidoes??? Help please????
Ok lately I have been addicted to watching anorexic vidoes. Dont ask why please. Anyways... now I get the feeling that I feel fat all the time and everytime I look in the mirror I want to throw up my ...

Is it me, or have Mars bars and snickers, shrunk in size? Im sure they were bigger 10 years ago?

What is the secret?--EVERYONE ANSWER--EASY!?!?
What is the secret to being/getting thin?

I mean what is the real motivation--is it to look better than your friends/neighbors? Is it to wear "the" "in" clothes? Is it ...

I'm fifteen and i drink coffee?
i've started drinking coffe and i drink like 3 a day, five the other night (but i'm not sure its an addiction- its exam time: crazy revision into middle of da nite) is this bad for ...

How do I gain weight?
I am in my late teen years and I am very slim. Just wondering how could I gain weight. I am 6 feet and 2 inches and I weight 185 lbs....

I am on a diet but i have sweet tooth ,any suggestions?

Get rid of belly fat?
What are some good excerisizes to cut and reduce the excess belly fat( only a little)
Additional Details
I am not fat! I am a 12 year old and i weigh like 86 punds, I just have a little ...

Whats the best way for me to lose weight?
I have tried weight watchers before and it worked but the weight has gone back on. Now if I try and do weight watchers I get bored and give up. I only seem to lose weight now if I am really happy and ...

Is my friend over weight?
shes 4'11, 224lb, mostly body fat and shes 9.sould i say something.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanx=]...

How can i get taller?
i'm a girl with 156 cm height.
hate surgeries and high heels!
Additional Details
19 years old....

I am 16, 115 pounds, and 5'2....5 months ago, i was 97...how do i lose weight?

Why do i have a big belly?
im the right weight. i do crunches everyday. why do i have a big ...

Is being five foot six and 125 pounds normal,i think im fat?

Additional Details
ok,thanx to the people wiht the nice comment's1yea im young(a teen)and i just wanted to know what people thought of it,im not wasting my points ...

Since I'm a vegetarian, how do I get my needed protein?
I have been a vegetarian for about a month now & I was wondering how I can get my needed protein without eating meet.
Additional Details
**Meat... I'm showing my mistake '...

Travis B
Is eating before you go to bed really bad for you?
is eating before you go to bed really that bad for you?

Carson
Rating
Only if you think it's bad for you.

rycryc
Rating
they say it's bad because you will get nightmares., but i don't know why is there something they call midnight snack..

kateford1980
Rating
you hardly burn any energy (aka food aka calories) when you are asleep. hence, eating right before sleep is not the best way to use your calories efficiently.

Brian D
I would like to know that also!!!
Cause i just ate McDonalds

ascendent2
It's not good for you. It's really is bad!

mlgable
No it is good for you if it is high protein as it helps keep your blood sugar more level during the night.

samantha m
That hasn't been answered scientificly yet but you should eat something lite an hour before going to bed like a banana or lite milk that could help you sleep and stop stomace cramps i know that coz my mothers a scientist

MigrainBoy161
Rating
If you're trying to lose weight, it can cause problems because your metabolism is slowed at night during sleep.

Also, certain foods cause poor sleep.

Meiran
Rating
Actually, it is!

I guess most of you never heard the rule- Don't Eat Past 7 p.m.

well it actually depends on what time you eat your last meal and what time you go to bed. If you don't go to bed until 2:00 a.m. then having a snack around 10:30 - 11:00 p.m. is okay.

Your body doesn't burn calories while you are sleeping so the calories from your food will turn to fat. That is why having a "midnight snack" is such a guilty pleasure.

Irfan
Go to bed 1 hour after eating.. Eat and go to bed causes nightmares. Undizetion etc.

sam
Depending on how much I eat and what I eat, it sometimes gives me bad dreams.
Also, I like it when my stomach gurgles while I'm trying to sleep. It's one of those baby-comfort things, so I like to go to bed somewhat hungry.

alisongiggles
Rating
Old wives tale.

It's not good to eat A LOT before bed, because you could regurgitate and choke to death. My neighbour died this way.

Having a light snack is OK though. The theory that it all goes to fat was debunked years ago.

**[The Gnostic Christian]**
Rating
Okay, from what I've heard from my doctor, you don't want to eat a heavy meal before you go to bed because it can take a longer time to digest, which can slow down your metabolism. You want to try not to eat about 4 hours before you go to bed to give the food time to properly digest.
I heard from my parents that if you eat heavy foods right before bed, it can "settle" on your chest and make it hard to breathe while you're sleeping. Is it true? I don't know.

itikpunk
Rating
Yes, it is bad. The best time to eat your dinner is at 6 or 7pm. No later than that.

It is bad because if you eat before you sleep, your body will not have a good and complete digestion process. Which, will make the food that you eat turns to sugar and it will turn to FAT which will retain in your body.

BUT, if you really need to eat before sleep (supper), try to eat fruits or 2-3 pieces of biscuits or 1-2 slices of bread.

‚ô• OLi‚ô£
Rating
YES WAIT AT LEAST 2 TO 3 HOURS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED THATS WHY PEOPLE GAIN WEIGHT

mrsbasemore
I found that it is for me. I am 48 and my metabolism is SLOOOOOOW! When I was younger, it worked itself off. It also gives me nightmares sometimes that are scary and make no sense. I try not to eat anything before I go to bed so that it won't add extra lbs., and I can sleep peacefully.

opjames
Rating
It depends who you eat.

Btw, is there an echo in here?
Is there an echo in here?

zz06
Rating
yes. your body is breaking down and digesting food whilst you are asleep. it is better according to researcht ot have if you must a light snack beofre you got to bed like a cracker and a glass of milk

rutzi7rg_23
it's bad when you go to bed and your stomach is full....you will have stomach problems like indigestion...there are few times i experience this and i hate it...i feel my stomach is so full and aching...and i can eat no more...dont do it..let the food be digested first before you sleep

charc72042's.a.good.cooker
Yes and it is a bad habit that I have myself!!! I do know when you sleep the carbs. & sugars turn to fat., The cholestorel builds at night and it messes with the digestion process. Acid reflux,indegestion etc.

SubbYMonKeY
yeah it isn't good at all.
when we go to sleep our bodies need to go into rest and repair mode. but if you have just eaten the body will go into digestion mode. which in turn will stop you from having a good night sleep. food also gives you energy, and you dont need to much energy before you go to sleep. so a smaller meal would definitely be better then having a huge one. if you definitely need to eat something before bed, try having a pierce of fruit. or some savoury crackers. or something light like that.

Meowzer
Your body can't digest as well in that position. However, if you're too hungry, you won't be able to sleep, so having a small bowl of cereal wouldn't hurt. Sometimes having a small amount of carbs before bedtime can help you relax. Your body digests better standing up and better yet, while taking a light walk.

bonnie
not really. it depends on what you eat and how many calories. nobody can say eating couple carrots before going to bed is bad..right? eating thing high in fats or calories before bed can make you gain weight, a lot. but eating healthy foods, dont sweat it =D

Tyson boy's dad
Rating
Trick question.

Eating heavy foods, (such as fried chicken,or quart of ice cream) then yes.

Eating light snacks such as crackers or fruits or toast then no.

sillygurl
Eating before you go to eat isn't terrible for your body, but you might gain weight if you do it repeatively. Your not burning calories when you sleep so you might add some weight. Hope this helps.

ACME
Rating
Well, your body doesn't metabolise when you are inactive and are sleeping. This is where you gain the weight.

jason0423
your energy will be spent on digesting food instead of recharging which will leave you tired when you wake up

free-spirit
NOT IF YU EAT SOMETHING LIGHT...BUT EATING STUFF LIKE APPLES IS NOT GOOD AT BEDTIME..THEY TAKE A LONG TIME TO DIGEST...I TRY TO EAT CHEESE B4 I GO TO BED TO SEE IF IT MAKES ME HAVE WIERD DREAMS...BUT ITS ALL OLD WIVES TALES.. ALSO>.NEVER GO TO BED ON AN EMPTY STOMACH...

Legandivori
Lying down while trying to digest food means the acids from your stomach actually and literally travel upwards through the tubing, which is not meant to handle acids. They can Burn and make ulcers, develop Cancers. Yes it us actually dangerous, and at least produces sever heartburn at times.

Cadillac
it depends on what you eat

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, November 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy