Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I'm 5'10 and I weigh 145 lbs. is that fat??
What weight would be good??
Additional Details
My body is all proportioned but i have really long legs ...

Does thinking burn calories?
i've been wondering, does thought burn calories?...

How can I stop eating junk food?
Whenever I'm hungry or bored I always seem to eat some type of junk food. I can't seem to stop myself, and it's making me fat. For exampIe, my uncle just came round with some chocolate ...

Im really short.?
Ok so im really short.
14 years old and 5'0
does drinkimg milk work?
if it does
how many cups do i need to drink in a day?...

Am I wayy to skinny.????
I am 12 years old and I read another question & it said to check your BMI & it said that normal was 18.5-24.9 but I am 13.6 woaahhhh rightt!!!!...

Losing weight by not eating?
If I stop eating for about 3 weeks or 2. How much weight will I lose?...

Whats a good lunch for someone on a diet?
hmmmm??...

How tall r u?

Additional Details
just askin cos im only 4'9'' just wanted to know if there are any of u out there ...

3 days without food?
my friend said he went 3 days without food and said he lost 10 pounds
would i really lose that much ...

People say im too skinny and need to put on wieght... i disagree... why do they say this? im 6st and 12yrs...?
im confused, more than skinny i want to lose weight, my percent bodt fat is 15%... thats well high all my mates are 9%
Additional Details
to that person down there dont tell me to grow ...

Poll:What Size Clothes Are You?
Aloha :D
I was just wondering what size clothes you are!
Also what Country you live in and how old you are..
Just Want To See Random Results lol

Also with the size i only ...

Ok importanttt!!!!!!10points...
how much weight can i lose in 4days with out eating?!!!
Additional Details
i am 16 and i want to get buzzed at a party or drunk, at one that i am having!!!...

Im 15 and i want 2 lost weight. I weight 215 and i have been taking diet pills for about 4 days.?
Is it going to help me or ...

Why is america so overweight?

AM I FAT? WITH PICTURE, HELP A DIET I AM ON, ThANKS!?
I am 13, I am 5"1, and I weight about 98 pounds. Am I fat? Whenever I look in the mirror, all I see is fat. Also, here is the diet I am on:
Breakfast- Water
Lunch- A 1 inch by 1.5 ...

When a child is overweight or obese, who is to blame? The child or the parent?

Is smoking, drinking and eating crap really that bad for you?
Getting hit by a bus is bad for your health but is any of the above really that bad?
wheres the proof you were not going to die on the day you did if you done none of the above?
Additional ...

Wat Is Wrong With Me....Easy 10 pts?
hii. its me again. Well This Morning My School Went To A Play. And It Was Pretty Funny. But Wen I Laughed My Stomach Would Hurt. And Then Later In The Play I Felt Like I Couldnt Breath. Wen I Got B...

Do you eat breakfast every morning?
I don't but I need to change because I'm trying to lose weight. Also what do you eat for breaky?...

Can i loose 50 in 6 weeks?
i know it wouldn't be healthy, but i dont really care, ive never been fat until this year and i want to fix it. fast....

Steph A
Is diet soda really that bad for you?
Everyone says that diet Coke is sooo bad for you...I have even heard that it is worse than regular Coke. But I really feel like I need it. I stopped drinking regular about 6 months ago and now I drink anywhere from 3 to 7 diet Cokes a day. I never drank regular Coke in that kind of volume because of the calories and sugar but I feel like with diet it's calorie-free so I can have as much as I want. I am trying to lose weight through diet and exercise, so I guess my question is, is my diet Coke consumption going to hinder that?
Additional Details
Okay, just wanted to say that I drink water too, especially when I work out. But I do drink the equivalent of 3 to 7 a day when you add up fountain drinks that are like 32 oz...
But I am not grossly overweight, didn't want anyone to imagine a disgusting diet coke guzzling old woman. I want to lose like 10-15 lbs.

im_practically_magical
The artificial sweetener in diet Coke can cause cancer if ingested in large amounts, and by drinking 3-7 diet cokes a day, I'd say you're pushing the "large amounts" limit! It also eats up your muscle that you're working so hard to tone. If you're drinking because you're thirsty, you should drink water. You can even flavor it with a lemon wedge, a small amount of 100% apple juice, an herbal tea, or similar. If you're drinking it because you feel you need something sweet, then listen up: 99% of the time when your body says "sugar craving" it means you have a Candida overgrowth problem in your intestines. Almost every single American has this problem whether they know it or not. The sugar craving you get is from the Candida- they will starve and die without simple sugars. That's probably why you feel you aren't getting enough soda. A wonderful step towards better health and to help you lose weight would be to do a Candida cleanse. They're tricky, so make sure you're properly informed on every aspect of it BEFORE starting. But after about a week of this cleanse, your sugar craving will go away dramatically, if not completely. But no cheating, or else it may backfire. Best wishes and God bless!

Alex TH
Diet sodas cut off the circulation to your brain. I'm honestly not kidding.

Dalton
Rating
its horrible itll give you cancer and it doesent help you lose weight

much more effects uuh

Matt
They say it is bad for you because people think oh diet soda i can drink lots but that still isn't healthy

imzokool
I really think any kind of pop that is diet is bad.

Aspartame is poison!

* Aspartame/Nutrasweet is not very sweet in itself, that may be why Equal puts Dextrose (sugar) and maltodextrin as the first ingredients, so that it tastes sweet.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet is a brain drug that stimulates your brain so you think that the food you're eating tastes sweet. If you pay attention you'll notice that when using Aspartame/Nutrasweet, everything you eat at the same time also tastes sweet! This may be why Aspartame/Nutrasweet causes you to crave carbohydrates. Hence, you won't lose weight using it.
BTW, cyclamates got pulled off the market in the 70's in the US (but not Canada or the rest of the world) because the sugar industry saw too much of their market disappear.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) breaks down to its poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and Methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees! Therefore you should never use Aspartame/Nutrasweet in hot beverages or cooked foods such as Jello. How the FDA allows this remains a mystery. There is mounting evidence that the "Burning Mouth Syndrome" experienced by the Desert Storm troops was actually Methanol poisoning from the Diet Coke they drank lots of, after being exposed to desert temperatures.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 10% Methanol appears in the body quickly and is the same alcohol (wood alcohol also in lacquer thinner), that your mother correctly warned you could make you blind. Many skid-row alcoholics had major problems with this cheap but deadly form of alcohol.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 40% Aspartic Acid is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death, i.e. it kills brain cells and causes other nerve damage.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet triggers Migraine Headaches This even happened to me!. The Usenet is filled with posts by people who have pinned their migraines down to aspartame/Nutrasweet consumption.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet's breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create Formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Remember the smelly, eye watering fumes from the frogs you dissected in school? They were preserved with Formaldehyde! Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer.
The American Bottlers Association did not want the FDA to approve Aspartame/Nutrasweet because of what the test report showed. But the FDA approved it anyway!
* Airline pilots stay away from Aspartame/Nutrasweet because they are well aware of the documented dangers.
* Aspartame/Nutrasweet also breaks down to diketopiperazine [DKP] which is proven to cause Brain Tumors! Brain Tumors used to be rare. Several of the rats in the original study formed brain tumors during their Aspartame/Nutrasweet exposure. The researchers surgically removed the tumors and returned the rats to the study and discounted the tumors.

Kate R
Rating
There are chemicals in diet coke (specifically aspartame) that are both more addictive than the caffeine alone and are associated with specific forms of cancer.

I'd say slowly get yourself off of it and move on to water. Crystal light 0 calorie packets for water are delicious and way better for you. Aspartame free! Buy a thick plastic bottle that you don't have to throw away and you'll help the environment too! They're on sale with Crystal lite packets included at Meijer and Walmart

Mel B
Put diet coke on a porcelin surface that has yellowed. Leave it there. Works better than Lime Away!

Also, the ingredients in Diet pop makes you retain weight apparently, so says my dietician.

mchenryas
just stop drinking all soda you lazy bum, sure diet has no calories, it's basically all chemicals that will screw up your body instead of regular which is mainly loads of sugar that would make you fat

both screw up your body, what do you think you should do, if you are trying to lose weight, QUIT

Sally Cat
YES, it will definitely hinder it! Diet or regular, soda is very bad for you, especially when you drink 3 to 7 in one day!! I'm trying to lose weight also (only about 5 or 10 pounds because I'm actually normal for my weight) but still, I stick with water only. Once in awhile I'll have orange juice or something like that, but it's usually water... or Gatorade if I'm running and need to stay hydrated.

Decepticon
well all the chemicals they put in those things are not good for you and it might hinder you trying to loose weight.

KrysC
Colas contain carcinogens, and the diet ones more so, mostly b/c of the aspartame factor. It is very horrible for your body, try googling it, I don't enough space to put it all here :)
It will not help you lose weight at all, try something healthier...like water! If you are doing your best to lose weight, eat better and exercise, why would you throw it all away for a can of black poison??

mai68
Rating
3 to 7 of ANY soda will cause you to gain weight. That's just a fact. It seems pretty irresponsible of you to automatically assume that no calories means that you can have as much of it as you want. Stop drinking it entirely. Either 100% juice or water will suffice, they're perfectly good, and better for you.

Also aspartame gives you brain cancer and makes your babies retarded. And Diet Coke has that stuff in spades. And caffeine gives you nervousness, anxiety, anger issues, and heart murmurs. Which is why it's illegal in most countries. THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Bella
If you need something carbonated I would drink seltzer, even though it doesn't taste as good in my opinion. I've had the same problem, but I'd limit the diet cokes to one or two a day. Even that much regular soda isn't good for you. Try drinking water when you exercise, or Sam's Choice Sparkling Water is 0 calories and tastes better than seltzer.

(:

Fred S
Will erode your teeth!

goodbyewii
Oh man! I used to be in your shoes, drinking like 7 or 8 a day! I got fatter, got more zits, and got a bunch of cavities.

I've been off the stuff for about 2 months and the craving is still there, though I'm starting to notice a faster metabolism, no more cavities, and, well, i haven't cheeked my weight yet though.

some other things:
it can give you cancer, that's not just a myth.
It is really bad for you, I would say as bad, maybe worse than regular Coke.

PS: I stopped drinking soda completely, not just Diet Coke.

Tasha12596
Anything and all diet,fat free, and sugar free products are bad for you. They contain the chemical asphertain. It may not be spelled right, but it can be very dangerous and sometimes deadly. If anything has Splenda in it, don't eat, drink, or use it. Splenda has chlorine in it, chlorine is acid. Both of these can just as addictive as drugs.

Bloom450
Rating
yes cause it contains aspertame

i've got a bracelet too
It's bad for some people, especially those with chemical sensitivities. It makes some women bleed and swell. That's why I don't take anything with Splenda or fake sugar anymore. If I eat bad stuff, it's gonna be made with real food that my body can break down properly, and then I'll work it off. ;D

I drink between 1-3 regulars per day, and also only drank that many diets when I did the diets.

The only thing that will hinder your ability to lose weight is not working it off.

babeeh,
Rating
yes

aly
they did this test thing on rats.. where they gave one rat a teaspoon of diet drink.. and it killed it..

and dont think im lying cuz im not!

Lacayo Desmond
It will give you stomach cramps

Mrs. Cullen
Any soda is very bad when trying to lose wait. It will hinder your weight loss

♥Holly♥
Rating
dont drink it that much try 2 cans a day drink them s l o w l y !!

Carebear
Rating
I read on the internet that scientist did a research and found out that any kind/type of soda can give you kidney diseases. Now it doesn't always but there is a possibility of it. Hope i helped.

Nothing.
Rating
Yeah any soda is never good for you..diet or regular...something about if its made with splenda it will give you cancer...and diet sodas and stuff gives you anal leakage...hahaha i don't know...but i know that much soda is not good for your teeth and probably not good for your stomach either.

Collin T
Rating
no not at all.

heretohelp
I owuldnt dirsk it. water is so much tastier and better for you. I bet you would lose even more by switching to water .

edgy;ove
The acid in the coke will literally melt you teeth.
And seriously, 3 to 7 a DAY?! Have you not heard of the wonders of water or even fruit juice??

NT
it can clean car battery acid, enough said

Emma-Jayne B
It has no nutritional value, and the chemicals it contains may be harmful in excess consumption. You may be craving the caffeine?

Try drinking mineral water with some fruit juice in it so you get that bubbly taste, and try drinking tea to get your caffeine fix.

rbrumbaugh22
Rating
Yes diet pop is bad for you.. Simply because about all diet pop has an ingredient in it called Aspartame. Aspartame, once it enters your body and allows itself to digest, turns into poison. Not good for your organs. Also people think that because you drink diet pop, you will lose weight. Not exactly, the reason being is because people will consume the diet stuff and start to throw in junk food for the sweets, thus adding calorie consumption. Word of advice is to lay off soda pop period and go to the store and buy these lipton tea packets that come in all different flavors and mix them with bottled water. The taste is very good and you don't have to worry about the bad sugar,calories, or fat.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy