Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I too skinny?
I'm 13 year old.
I'm 4'11 and I weigh 70 lbs.
I try to gain weight but, it's not working.
What should I do?
Thanks for the help!
I appreciate it!...

Ok i need to loose pounds in three days?
ive tried everything pills diets exersise but i keep going back to the ...

How can I get taller?
I'm not looking for dumb answers or "no you can't." I'm dead serious, and I need help. I'm 13, and I'm really short. If you can give me a way to get taller, I will ...

My age is 20 & my height is 5'1 . how can i increase my height. this is serious no funny responses. thankyou
i am using yoko and i also ordered super-growth is there any way i can do more than this. i also do the stretching exercises. please let me know if you know anybody has made it that would boost my ...

I'm 16, 5 feet and i weigh 83 pounds. Is that normal?

I'm skinny and wanah get fat, what should I do?
I eat a lot of crap and not even gain a pound...c'mon...I need a way to gain weight...not lose it!...

I'm a 13 year old girl, i weigh 127 am I over weight?

Additional Details
My height is 5'2.........

What to eat if you are feeling shakey/faint?
Hi, I have a feeling that I'm not eating enough to satisfy my body since I have increase my activity level.
Is there a good food that will help me not feel shakey/faint during the day that ...

What do guys like better, blondes or brunettes?

Is this fat!!!!!!!!?
im 5'1.5" tall and i weigh 110 pounds or 109 am i fat i def think i am but am i? b4 i diet i wanna no im 13 by the way
Additional Details

How much should the average 12 year old weigh?

How much is a sensible amount of weight to lose in a week?
I want to lose a stone and a half by November the 1st? Is it possible? Is it healthy?...

10 points for best answer..please help?
Im currently staying at my boyfriends house for another week (ive been here for a month). His mother and sister have been eating my food:( Its kind of bothering me because i only eat certain type of ...

Why is anorexic/skinny considered attractive?
Why?! Why don't people love Kelly Brook's body more than those sticky girls. Haven't they seen her beautiful curves?! And she eats right too!

Why is size zero considered ...

Which is the best time of day for working out?
or does it matter? Also is it better to work out at the same time every day or does it not matter? I want to do what works ...

Do you find losing weight difficult?

What will happen if i don't eat anything for a long time?
i just started to not eating anything today but im going to do this for another month to see if i loose weight what will ...

I feel like I'm hungry, but I know I'm not?
I ate dinner about 2 hours ago. I have this pang in my stomach that feels like I'm hungry, but I know I'm not. I eat pretty well, I just get these cravings for food before I go to bed. What&...

I heard eating food at night IS NOT FATTENING??
Is this person right, or just high?? ...

I am 13 years old i am 5' 7 in. i weigh 95 lbs. is that okay?
People say that i am and look anerexic.
I am a major athlete, i play 5 sports all year round
I do eat, lately i havent been eating as much but, i usually eat A LOT.
I am tall for my ...

michelle =]
Im only eating fruits and fat free yogurt for 3 months now?
am i going to be okay?
im 15 in june btw)

pjbthree
Rating
Did you ever see how cows are treated in a commercial dairy operation? Shame on you for eating yogurt!

Clark B
At your age you need fat and protien for sure, you can cut out carbohydrates if you dont need a lot of ATP (Quick use energy used during sports and such) You don't need bad fat like from freid foods but you need good fat like from meats. Chicken is a good source of protien not fat... Steak is a good source of good fat but not so good for protien... If you're eating like this to loose wieght the best thing that i can say for you to do is to go on the southbeach diet... i went on it as mental support for my mom and she lost over 43lbs in 8 months...

rustoria617
Rating
No you're not. Won't last 2 days, but sure makes for cool talk at school.

Mila H
You get sick!

Anthony S
Rating
that is good but you have to eat grains like bread and wheat.
you should eat pasta with a homemade tomatoe sauce. It is good and low in fat.

timby
too much fat is bad...no fat is also bad.

protein is good for your looks.

balance the diet

Chrissy
Rating
i dont think thats a healthy choice. u should probably throw in some veggies and meat in ur diet as well.

Erika
you need protein, or your hair will start falling out, you may have noticed it already, eat some beans or fish. and you need green vegetables fruits are good but you need some greens

Shelby Chanel
You can't just totally cut out carbs and protein like that.
Work out.

xXvampireXx
Rating
where are you getting your protien from and you need calcium

Maya
theres a few problems with this.
If your doing it for diet, Its a poor choice.
First fatfree doesnt mean its gonna make you not gain weight.

As for an interesting article of how milk actually makes you fat (and a ton of other health problems) which includes yogurt, read some of this
http://www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm

As for fruits thats a lot better but most of these fruits i doubt are organic so your also consuming large amounts of pesticides, also it has a lot of sugars which are natural and good for you but its a bit much for a diet.

This diet would work better if you ate vegetables, especially green ones, totally dropped the "lowfat" yogurt, and ate some protein, so nuts and meat if you'll go there, since it will make you leaner and stronger. Keep the fruits though.

drink plenty of water too.

Luna
Rating
NOO PLEASE don't do that to your body you need to eat protein and veggies is OK to stay away from sweets but don't push it like this as soon as you stop this diet you will probably gain the weight you lost back and some more. You will probably loose all your muscle before you even begin to lose a little fat.

Fox On Fire (Dig In!)
protein would help
then you'll be set

:p

No, if you keep going this way, you will kill yourself.

E A
No, your body needs nutrients, fiber, fats, proteins, etc. to be healthy, especially if you're only a teenager. If you're worried about weight, just eat whole foods-- if it's in a package don't eat it (dairy's okay) that most likely means its processed. Check this website out for food tips.

http://whfoods.org/

GramstoFour
Rating
Since you are so young, I would add more vegetables, at least. Are you giving this up good food for lent. Drink plenty of water so you don't dehydrate. Be careful. Grams

Me
Rating
Your body needs a good supply of calcium (not too much in yogurt) and protein (not too much in yogurt either), along with iron and sodium.
Add fish into your diet. It has over 12 essential minerals and vitamins, has low fat, and tastes really good if cooked the right way.
With this you'll definitely be set for 3 months.

Good luck and hope this helped!

littlemall4u
okay from what? why wouldnt you be? do you mean you dont eat thing else?
yes these are good for you with other foods also

Mr. United States.
you will be half way okay. you need more protein and vegetables. lots of greens and browns. very importnat to stay healthy. and if your doing that to loose weight, then choose healthier food choices in your meat, dairy and proteins.

Will'o The Wisp
Rating
Yeah, you'll need protein, so you'd have to eat meat, tofu, or some sort of nut.

cz73kz
Rating
No you are not! You need variety in your diet. What kind of parents do you have that are letting you eat like that?
Eat some vegetables and grains!

Chelsea...
well you need protein and iron ....

Johnny's Girl
no you are not OK. You are loosing a lot of nutrients in vegetables and protein in meat. Don't obsess about the perfect body! It's not worth it.
Focus on your education! Your education will never get old and ugly! People will not give you the consideration and respect right off the bat if ALL YOU ARE IS PRETTY; you need to build character.

starryeyed
you need some substancial food. At least eat meat twice a week... chicken is really good for you, and then beef has good nutrients.

when cooked properly, they are very good for you. chicken, fried, from KFC ISNT good for you.. but bake it or stirfry it. mm mm good

SusieQ
Rating
God, no. Protien, girl, protien!

bball girl
Rating
that is not good!
you need to have a balanced diet
you need carbs
and veggies
this is just a fad diet
it isn't good

CrunchyCon
Rating
No! That is a HORRIBLE diet! You need protein and vegetables. You also need good carbs, i.e. whole grains. Fruit and yogurt are good as PART of your diet, but if that's all you've been eating for three months you've probably got some serious vitamin deficiencies going on and are going to get very sick. Try cutting out sugar and going low fat, but eating from all of the food groups. You need variety and balance in your diet to be healthy.

lfor1234
No you need to make sure to get some protein and vegetables in your diet.

Do more research and try and determine what your body really needs to be healthy and maintain a good weight and try to bring that into your diet.

You are still growing and without the building blocks your body can not grow efficiently. You might not see the results from your eating now, but you will one day.

Funsumer
Rating
I would think a more rounded diet would always be better, esp with some protein and iron considering you're a girl.

Sandylynn
NO! Even if you weren't 15, you're setting yourself up for trouble. Your body needs nutrients from ALL the food groups, in order to grow into adulthood & beyond. Please, visit the following free site, and it will show you how to eat sensibly AND still maintain a healthy weight. You DON'T want to fool around with your health. You might end up paying for it with your health, or your life. Eat smart. Stay safe. <*)))><
http://www.sparkpeople.com

Harry G
you need protein too so add that in your diet somehow

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy