Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I'm a thin vegetarian male, whats the best way for me to gain muscle without having to eat meat?
I'm 30 years old, 6ft with a 30" in wist which I want to keep but how do I bulk up on muscle on my chest, arms and legs without eating loads of meat? I go to the gym for about 2 hours 3 ...

Is drinking water bad? water weight?
I heard drinking water is good and that drinking alot of water can help yu looe weight, but then whats water weight? So do I gain weight drinking water?...

Im 16 and im seriously overweight i need to loose weight any ideas?
well im very overweight i dont like many vegetables and i am very pickey at what i eat i really need help because i dance a lot and im the largest in the group and hate it please help me and dont say ...

Does the stomache shrink when a person looses weight?

My butts way to big for my body, what do I do?
I am a regular sized prson Not fat nor super skinny
Additional Details
OMG people I am like the most atheltic girl in my school!!! i don't think i need to do any more work outs than ...

Whats the most effective way to fight cravings for sweets, chocolate or pastry?

I am an 18 year old who has a beer belly, is there a solution?
I have gained 50 pounds in the course of one year. I wieghed in about 170 when I was 17 now I am 220, and I have grown but not too much. Most of the weight was stored in my abdominal area. I have ...

How can i get thinner arms?

For the guys?
what do u boys think about a girls weight? does it matter? i mean do u like model skinny, curvy, fat, whatever??? do they have to be a certain weight? what? just tell me wat ya think please :)...

Yea i have 8 kids?
me an my hubby work damn hard an no we claim no state benefits.all my children were wanted and are loved.and yes we have a telly yawnnnnnnnn.and id much rather be a size 12 then a size 22 plus im ...

5'10 model only 110lbs !!??
I watched a news program last night about how models smoke to suppress their appetite so that they don't have to eat; this one chick said she was 5'10 and 110 pounds! I was thinking of ...

Am i anorexic?
i dont eat breakfast and i dont eat lunch at school.i am naturally very skinny (one of those people who can eat a ton but never get fat). i dont eat not bcuz i think i am fat...i just dont like ...

How many calories a day?
How many calories a day should you have to be healthy but loose some weight. I know its more than 1000....

14 years old 5'4 and i weigh 117!!?
Do i need to lose weight??...

Is this a healthy body type for my age?
Im 13, about 137 lbs. 5'4 size 6-8...do you think I should start excercising more and eating much more healthier, or not worry about it for a while?
Additional Details
If you think I...

Does alcohol speed up your metabolism while on a diet?

How can I grow taller?
I wanna grow taller and I will realy wanna boost my height a lot in the next 2 months can I do that, I keep hearing from friends what helps is doing sports and eating well, please tell me which ...

I am 12 and weight 130 pounds. am i overweight??

Additional Details
i am 5ft3....

I'm 5'2" and 120 lbs, should I loose weight (pic included)?
http://i420.photobucket. http://i420.photobucket.
T...

Is my eating today ok? Im 17 5'5 118lbs.....trying to lose weight for a beach holiday?
Its 1pm

Bfast: Dry cereal
Lunch: Shaved chicken with a bit of spinach and fetta

I will snack on an apple and other fruit.....

What should I have for dinner? Will ...

blackknight779
If i drink loads of beer on a night is it true?
that you will burn all the beer calories off the next day by doing lots of crunches and pushups or biking for 30 minutes

land4shark
It depends on your metabolism. Most beer is about 150 calories a can. During a solid 30 minute workout you could burn 500 calories.

Keira H
It works the same as any diet. If you have a blow out and consume lots of calories, you need to exercise to burn them off. If I were you, I'd do some exercise before you drink to quicken your metabolic rate, and the day after, just to make sure.

Lydia K
Rating
depends on the amount of beer you drink!!!!if its about 6 or 7 pints then yes...any more then you need to work a lot harder then that x

snetterton
Rating
No. 30 minutes is nowhere near enough. You need to be exercising with increased heart rate for at least 45 mins. It depends how much you drink as well.

eruff8
I never heard that but I imagine if you don't replenish your body the next day with the water the beer took out of it that you aren't going to feel like doing anything, much less all that exercise.

pete m
Rating
Nope sorry, 1 pint of beer is about 200 calories, best fat burn is probably the cross trainer at a sustainable 600 to 800 calories per hour, in half an hour you would only burn off 300 to 400 calories or 1.5 to 2 pints of beer. Obviously this will depend on your weight. Fat burn is not best achieved by muscle building but for longer term increased metabolic base rate more muscle bulk = higher metabolism.

James B
Depends on what you class as loads of beer but basically this is not true.

Hammer
not only will u not burn off the calories from the previous night, but alcohol slows the fat burning process down, which means u will be storing these excess calories with already stored fat, adding to your developing "beer belly"

robert m
Rating
Thing is you'll burn a lot of brain cells off.

Mr. Peachy®
Hmmm... let's see.... There's about 200 calories in a typical can/bottle of beer. "Loads" (to me) would mean about 10 beers... that's 2000 calories. 30 minutes of crunches, pushups, or biking would burn about 300 calories... so the answer is, no.... you would have to continue exercising for at least another three hours.

monkeynuts
if you exercise then obviously you can burn off some of the calories exercising. however beer is extremely high in calories, so you'd need to do a hell of alot of exercise to burn off a big drinking sesh

annie
i wish!!!! try 30 days!!!

frasier
Rating
It all depends on the amount of alcohol drunk and exercise done, but yes you can burn it off, but what is the point? If you are going to do that amount of exercise, why not take the full benefit and just stick to one drink?

Love to Lift
Nope...beer has way to many calories for a simple set of crunches or a 30min bike run to make disappear

Loren H
It totally helps if you pick up a girl at the bar and exercise with her first!!!

Then wake up and do your work out!!!

pinkkitten
Oh if only life were that simple!

IAINTELLEN
Rating
No. Alcohol contains large amounts of calories. 30 minutes of exercise can't burn loads of anything.

Yvonne Mystic
Rating
Utter rubbish!!

Pablo
One can of beer is around 200 calories, light beer has around 100 calories, so if you have lots of beer (lets pretend 10 beers), that is around 2000 calories, and that is ALL the calories you are supposed to have in ONE day. As you see, beer is HIGH in calories, so I think you would have to do a serious work out.

Regards,
Pablo

Burnbaby
Rating
Beer has around 200 calories per pint, so say you have six pints on your night out, that's 1200 calories... You wouldn't burn that many calories in a 30 minute workout, maybe 200?

freyas_kin28
Rating
Heh....no.

lovelygirl
Rating
no

errie
A serious 30 minute workout on a cycle machine say, will burn off approximately 200 calories. When I say serious I mean non stop hard pedalling so you are out of breath. You only have to look at regular beer drinkers fat beer guts to see the damage beer can do. Don't get me wrong, I like a few beers in and out. Any food or drink taken in excessive amounts will result in weight gain. A thought to bear in mind is alcohol destroys brain cells as well as causes damage to internal organs. It is a shame our skin is not see through. We could all see the damage we do to ourselves. The human body is not designed to take alcohol. If we ignore that and drink it anyway then the body will start to malfunction in many ways. A hangover is caused by alcohol poisoning. The alcohol replaces the water in our systems and the water is redirected to the urinary waste system. You don't pee beer, you pee your bodies water content. This leads to dehydration which is very dangerous.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy