Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How tall are you?
How tall are you? Are you happy with that height or do you wish to be taller/shorter? And why?
Additional Details
By the way: I'm ...

In order to loose weight quickly which one is better?
swimming
jogging
walking
yoga
joining gym
or comibantion of any 2 or 3....

Is this ok??
i normally dont eat ANY junk food,
but today is my birthday and i had a cupcake with dinner.
is that ok?
will i gain weight from this?
And how many calories do you think was in a ...

Fat or skinny?

Do vegetables and fruits have calories?
if so where can i go to find out how many calories they ...

Do you think that being 5''5 in height and being 112 pounds is normal???

If youre in a hurry and you want to get something healthy....?
What fast food place do you go to and what do you get? Like chicken,salads.........

I hard that smoking helps you to lose weight. Is that true?Will I lose weight if I start smoking?
I am eighteen and I would like to be thiner......

I just had a large plate of pasta and football practice in 45 minutes i need an answer a.s.a.p
I had a big plate of pasta with sauce and meatballs. We do heavy running, pushups and all sorts of excercises. Will i puke up my pasta? Does my body have enough time? Please answer
Additional D...

Does it really make your stomach flat if you wrap your stomach in plastic wrap and then go running???

I eat tuna sandwiches for breakfast instead of normal breakfast stuff would this hurt my diet?
Im on a diet but I read i should eat my biggest meal in the morning well i would normally eat my biggest meal at lunch ie the sandwiches but i swapped lunchs meal for breakfasts and now eat cereal at ...

I would really like to be skinny by next year?
Ahh! I cant take it! Being overweight is horrible! Isnt there anything that isnt hard and is easy to stick to, to lose weight?!...

Why do fat people go to McD's and order a couple big macs and then ask for a diet coke?I see this all the time
No offense to overweight ...

Do all girls have fat knees?
My knees have wierd fat on them and I am not overweight, but is there a way to get rid of it or do something about it?...

I don't eat very healthy, can you help me?
Here's my problem. I'm 13, and I don't eat what I should. I have breakfast, which is cereal, I don't each lunch much, and dinner I rarely eat it because I'm so picky. I hate ...

How many calories do you need to burn to loose body weight?

Why am I dead tired at the same time every day?
I work 9 to 5 in an office. I have a beautiful office to my self with lots of light. Every day around 2 or 3 pm I get so tired I don't feel like I can keep my eyelids open. This lasts through ...

How can i loose some pounds??
im 21 years and I weight 191 and i need to know how can i loose some pounds easily to look my best in my first ...

I've got a big tummy. How to reduce it?
i'm a software engineer.Morning i have bread toast or corn flakes.Afternoon i've rice meals.for dinner i've rice meals and go to sleep.I've developed a big tummy.i hardly find ...

Are laxatives a good way to lose weight quickly?

Merideth
If i BARELY eat from now until.........?
monday how much weight will i lose?

( i dont waant to hear: you should really eat healthy)

and barely meaning like today i ate like 15 pieces of pasta with some tomato sauce

where will i be at this rate

BMW613
Rating
Lost a few pounds. 1-3. but don't do that. it bad 4 ur body

NurseJenipants
Rating
seriously, starving yourself shuts down your metabolism...so you burn calories slower and your body starts to burn muscle, not fat....end result, a couple pounds, maybe, that return the minute you eat a half way normal amount.

RainCloud
You won't lose very much weight, if any at all, because your body will think that you are starving and will store your fat for future use. Therefore, you should eat healthy in order to lose weight.

A W
Rating
Maybe 5 pounds, depends if you just started the diet today... You can lose a few pounds, maybe 5, in just water weight in 4 days.

nina
Rating
you are not going to like my answer but it is true and if you don't believe me look it up. when you don't eat enough calories in a day. your body goes in starvation mode. the second you eat anything at all it will store as fat. you will end up putting weight on rather than taking it off. I will not say eat healthy because you said not to but you will end up with the opposite of what you are trying to achieve. drink plenty of water and exercise. any weight you do lose from your crash diet will go right back on with some extra pounds. a lot of people that are over weight because they skip breakfast or don't eat all day and have one meal at night. good luck

babygurlxx26
Rating
you will lose some weight,
but later on you will gain more
because you are hungry.

questionguy121
Rating
DONT DO IT. YOULL ONLY GAIN MORE WEIGHT ONCE YOU START EATING AGAIN. IF YOU DO THIS YOUR BODY WILL THINK YOURE STARVING AND START TO STORE MORE FAT, YOULL GAIN WEIGHT NOT LOSE IT.

Rich
You will lose the weight of whatever is in your stomach and maybe a little muscle weight, but that's all.
Maybe try light jogging and NO carbs for a month, you will have much nicer results.

milkybarkid_85
Rating
faint, pale looking and same weight. How about you eat healthy and excercise, and dont expect miracles.

Oprah's Va-JJ
First off. EAT!
It all depends on your metabolism. I barely eat myself but the only way I lost weight was by working out, like taking walks and using my treadmill.
Sorry but you wont lose much weight that soon. It takes ALOT of time and dedication. You might lose a pound but that's about it.

Did you know that if you don't eat, you still gain weight first before you lose it? It's very dangerous. Be careful.

xoxoxo
Rating
Don't do it. Your body will probably go into starvation mode and start saving up fat. And even if it works, nothing is worth losing a few pounds over. If you really need to lose weight, it's a whole lifestyle change of exercising and yes, eating healthier. I know you dont want to hear that, but it's the truth. And you shouldn't be counting your food either. It's not that critical, really.

sixx_
Rating

Absolutley nothing. I know a girl who ate nothing for 5 days and didn't lose a thing.
At this rate, you will slow down your metabolism, gain at least 15 lbs in the next couple of days and end up jiggly.

You lose weight best when you eat 900-1300 calories.
To lose weight, you need to eat.

baby girl
Rating
you will just lose water weight I guess. by tomorow your metabolism will slow down.

.:Vanity Insanity:.
Rating
You're a nub-cake.

aestatisa
Between 1 and 5 pounds, depending on various personal statistics.

But honestly? None in any sort of permanent way, and you'll most likely GAIN weight in the long run! The weight loss that you experience over a weekend of fasting is because your stomach and bowels are empty, not because you've lost fat.

Your body has responses to food intake based on evolution. When you starve it for short periods, it usually burns muscle before it burns fat. These calories are easier for your body to process and provide more quick energy. The idea here is that it would let you gain the energy you need to get to your next meal.

When you eat after starving, your body stores MORE calories as fat instead of less! Your body thinks that your environment is going through a rough time and doesn't know when the next meal will be, so it is preparing for a long period of time without food. Also, your metabolism goes down when you fast because your body is more concerned with conserving energy sources than burning them quickly.

If you really just want to weigh less on a scale, though, look into the sort of things that wrestlers will do to drop their weight group.

Michael K.
You'll lose nothing. The key to losing weight is a maintained diet and regular excersize. Diets of low-calories will actually make you put on weight because after your reduction is over, you will feel overly hungry and regain all of the lost calories afterward. If you plan to change, you need to do it on a large scale.

dustyjjc
Eating less does not help you lose weight. If fact, it sometimes does the opposite.

For weight loss, eating more often, small, healthy, meals will help, and also getting exercise.

Starving yourself and depriving your body and mind of food is very bad.

Piper
Rating
no where.
it has to be consistent. (not eating)
and you have to exercise.

lilguysmum
Rating
You'll lose a bit of water weight, but that's about it. And, you'll feel extremely weak and tired. Do you really want to do this? You wouldn't lose enough to notice any difference.

maamu
I used to do that extreme dieting when I was younger. It just forces your body to go into a hibernation mode. It thinks it is starving so it shuts down as much caloric expenditure as possible.

So all you will lose is a lot of water. You will eventually lose fat--but not as quickly as you think you would. A balnced diet with a good execise program is your best bet for solid weight loss and maintaining the weight loss.

Rachel
Rating
my friend lost 11 lb in a week running 3 miles a day, eating 4 small meals (fruits and veggies, not eating after 6:30), and doing 15min of ab work each day. this is the problem with the world today. everyone wants everything fast. just work hard for a little longer and the fruits of your labor can be great.

why not be happy that you have the choice to starve yourself instead of abusing your luxuries? send that food you're not eating to poverty-striken children in third world countries.

harshly speaking: the loss of food shouldn't be wasted on your ungreatful rufusing mouth.

funky fresh man
Rating
headaches. dizziness. vomiting (maybe) dehydration.
and probably worse off than you were when you started.
if you eat things like nuts and fruits along with your meals than you will feel much better and might even lose a couple pounds.

Butterfly
if u are in high school, i can relate a lil i went thru a phase where food repulsed me and i didnt even think about it. but when ur tummy is growling and u know u havent eatn for more than an entire day u really should eat something. even if u have to travel to the far ends of the city to satisfy a stomache craving.

so dont stress too much about the weight being shed cuz ur body will seriously retaliate against u, u muscle and you vital organs like kidneys, liver, brain adn heart. they function soley of those nutrients and need them to make u a strong person.

when i was your age or sometimes im toooooo busy to eat it doesnt mean im starving myself on purpose and my body knows that. the weight concern u have is more mental then anything. break free of that idea that u will lose weight cuz you body will attack the lovely muscle verses ur fat. and ur genetics are gonna fall where the chips may regardless.

taisen1002
well, i heard if u strave urself, somehow i forgot u accually gain weight crrect me if im wrong tho plz

8osfan1
Rating
you.....will be Malnurished
fail your tests
not get into college
and become a FAT stripper that makes nothing

no offence

Dana
absolutly nowhere..because by not eating a lot, your matabolism becomes slower..which in that case when you start to eat a little more on monday or whenever you plan on eating next....your body will take longer to digest the food...making you actually gain weight...so i suggest not really doing that.

sweet and sour
Lol...U prol'y won't Since ur metabolism will start to think ur in an emergency it will retain all of its liquids and **** till ur all bloated. THEN u will loose weight SLOWLY but..not on monday considering I answered this on Friday...

shootingstars18
Rating
I am not sure, it depends on your motabilism, if you are trying to lose weight dont eat pasta!!! that is all carbs and will make you gain weight...I would say eat salads and fruits and vegetables ONLy for the next couple of days

LilahFairy
Rating
its called eating disorder. you counting how much you eat. that isn't a way to lose weight. healthy eating, excerises, doing things that is healthy. by not eating or limiting how much pasta you eat isn't gonna help. if you want to lose weight, if you really need to, talk to a dietary person to help direct you in the right way of losing it.

heartzablaze215
Rating
You say you don't care about being healthy? That's just plain stupid. I'm guessing you want to lose weight because you want to fit into a dress or something. The reality is, you should have bought a bigger dress.

Also, you will lose no weight because your body will go into starvation mode and will automatically slow down its metabolism.

Nathan
lol please tell me you are not starving yourself.... You would be losing maybe 5lbs depending on how old you are and you will feel terrible.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy