Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I am trying to cut out junk food but love it too much.?
When I get a craving for it, what techniques can I use to stop myself??...

How much should a 13 year old weigh if they are 5'1"????
It's not for me, but greatly appreciated
=]...

Am i overweight?
i am almost 13 and i am about 5'4'' and i weight like 150. Don't be nice just yes or no. if yes (most likely) could you give me some things i could do to lose some?? I am also in ...

Are low calorie yoghurts fattening?
i love yoghurts and i have them all the time but are they really fattening?...

How can I get out of P.E.?
Yes, I am lazy....

Im 13 lost alot of weight and ive just blacked out !! but i feel fat what do i do !!?
Hey im laura im 13 over the last few weeks ive starved myself i feel so fat people call me fat ive lost alot of weight and im starting to like how i look but i cant stop what im doing ive just ...

Tell me the easiest & fastest way to put on weight???
I'm sixteen, terribly Handsome, but the only drawback I have is my Weight 55kgs which isn't matching my Height 5'9'' (five feet nine inches) Kindly let me know some useful ...

How can I get more muscle in my legs?
and arms and how can I get great ...

I'm a thin vegetarian male, whats the best way for me to gain muscle without having to eat meat?
I'm 30 years old, 6ft with a 30" in wist which I want to keep but how do I bulk up on muscle on my chest, arms and legs without eating loads of meat? I go to the gym for about 2 hours 3 ...

Is drinking water bad? water weight?
I heard drinking water is good and that drinking alot of water can help yu looe weight, but then whats water weight? So do I gain weight drinking water?...

Im 16 and im seriously overweight i need to loose weight any ideas?
well im very overweight i dont like many vegetables and i am very pickey at what i eat i really need help because i dance a lot and im the largest in the group and hate it please help me and dont say ...

Does the stomache shrink when a person looses weight?

My butts way to big for my body, what do I do?
I am a regular sized prson Not fat nor super skinny
Additional Details
OMG people I am like the most atheltic girl in my school!!! i don't think i need to do any more work outs than ...

Whats the most effective way to fight cravings for sweets, chocolate or pastry?

I am an 18 year old who has a beer belly, is there a solution?
I have gained 50 pounds in the course of one year. I wieghed in about 170 when I was 17 now I am 220, and I have grown but not too much. Most of the weight was stored in my abdominal area. I have ...

How can i get thinner arms?

For the guys?
what do u boys think about a girls weight? does it matter? i mean do u like model skinny, curvy, fat, whatever??? do they have to be a certain weight? what? just tell me wat ya think please :)...

Yea i have 8 kids?
me an my hubby work damn hard an no we claim no state benefits.all my children were wanted and are loved.and yes we have a telly yawnnnnnnnn.and id much rather be a size 12 then a size 22 plus im ...

5'10 model only 110lbs !!??
I watched a news program last night about how models smoke to suppress their appetite so that they don't have to eat; this one chick said she was 5'10 and 110 pounds! I was thinking of ...

Am i anorexic?
i dont eat breakfast and i dont eat lunch at school.i am naturally very skinny (one of those people who can eat a ton but never get fat). i dont eat not bcuz i think i am fat...i just dont like ...

gringopete101
If alot of fat people are fat because of illness, why dont you get fat people in the 3rd world?

Additional Details
white plu dont you understand the question you dozy c**t.

white_plus_nerdy
Rating
are you dumb seriously.

People in 3rd world countries are all skinny because they normally have no food to eat,so why would they be fat for no reason?

Ivan R
Rating
Hello,

(ANS) The answer is "you do" get people who are fat or over weight due to illness or diseases in third world countries. They are no different to people with the same conditions in the more developed countries.

IR

Sharon
Rating
If you look at the poorest areas of this country you will find more fat people than thin people. It is the diet . Fattening food is usually more filling, easier to get and prepare. Sometimes when people feel despair they eat to ease the pain. Poor people worring about how to pay their bills feel a lot of despair.

What is the problem, what are fat people doing to hurt you?

yiannis the greek
because the illness is related to the FOOD.

♥ fArA ♥
The answer is simple .....people are fat coz they eat a lot since childhood n cannot admit it ..... they blame things like illness n stuff........ majority of 3rd world countries ppl hardly make ends meet .......they work hard n eat less......ppl in the developed countries hav a soft spot for fat ppl ...n make them feel gud by sayin its a deseise n stuff......ppl in the 3rd world countries hav no time for all these emotional denial stuff......... comon eat more get fat ...even poor ppl in developed countries hav enough money to get food.coz food is cheap ..fattenin food like chocolates n chips stuff...they arent costly .......eat less ...no fat ......simple.

icunurse85
Rating
because they don't have enough food. Have you seen anyone with rickets? They have huge fat stomachs and skinny little legs.

Mr. Norrell
Rating
Nice question. Also, have you ever noticed how many people in our countries keep saying that they're fat because they're stressed out when they actually wouldn't recognise a healthy, low-fat meal even if it hit them right on the bollocks (figurative speech, of course)? I would think that starving Africans should be more stressed out than they are, what with having to struggle every day not to die!
Personally, I take the view that many of the people who say they're fat because of an illness either are not or caused their own illness by eating badly in the first place (see some sorts of diabetes).

navig8r
In the third world, food can be less than plentiful. In America, even the poorest of the the poor can be obese. You won't find this anywhere else. Here, fat people often are in poor health. In third world countries, people are in poor health, but not from obesity.

Star
Rating
Because they do not have the things that are the underlying cause of the illnesses. Diabetes for example, not too many 3rd world countries have refined sugar as part of their everyday diet.

ozzymee
Rating
Diet has a lot to do with it and also life style

pmwatson2000
Rating
cos they dont have the medicines to control these illnesses and they prove fatal.Or fat people who claim its because of illness are lying

finalfrontier1976
Actually I rmember in the 80's with the famine in Africa there were children with big bellies. I remember someone then being on TV saying that this was caused by swelling as a reaction to the lack of food the body was receiving.

homer_1561
Hmm, well put it this way, in etheopia (or however it spelt) is there enough food? no! so no food = no fat people

SubJ
Rating
People get fat because they eat more than what they need.l

Silke
Rating
Don't they always say it's glandular?

The Doc
Mainly because they can't afford to eat the way we do. If you're struggling to get enough food to survive and feed your family, getting fat isn't really an option.

Michael H
Great question. You don't notice people in Ethiopia saying "I've got a thyroid problem" or "I have a fast metabolism" do you ?

Well spotted.

i'm beginning to think there is a connection between the amount of food we eat and size. What do you think ?

and perhaps all those "its my glands" people are just liars with no wilpower

starlet108
Rating
For the same reason we don't get ricketts or malnourished problems here - it's all to do with healthy eating and diet and problems caused by food xxxxxxx

blingblinginboo
Rating
Ilnesses in this country and the 3rd world countries differ.
For example, people here are allergic to certain foods, have certain deficiancies i.e diabeteies, and generally do eat alot.
In 3rd world countries people live of basic food like rice, they dont tend to be allergic to foods or have deficiancies and yes basically eat less.
Obeseity is the cause of many illnesses in this country, not the other way round, and wieght CAN be controlled before it becomes eccessive. If you look at stats in this country many children are becoming obese, which later in life affects thier health, so yes, its due down to greed ( unless there are phsycological reasons for over eating, which are minimal cases).
Children have to much access to bad food (i.e junk food, food in schools), and because this is an easy option many become over weight and experiance problems.
With todays technology many illnesses can be controlled, obeseity is not an excuse for illness

Denise S
a lot of people in the third world countries walk alot, that is they only mode of transportation. they grows they own foods and rear they own live stocks. they know what they're feeding them, it is more healthy. to say, they eat better and exercise more than others.

theblissofdance
Rating
Generally speaking, people of the "3rd world" dont' overeat.

C
good point.
and its actually a very low percentage of people who are fat due to illness, and this illness which they refer to is sorted out by drugs so why are they still fat,
my mum has an underactive thyroid but she is not fat she takes tablets to keep it going!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy