Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How many push ups a day would i have to do to add on 5 pounds of muscle to my arms in 1 month?
how many push ups would i have to do to add on 5 pounds to my arms in 1 month and how many crunches would i have to do to subtract 2 inches from my waist?...

I just realized I gained 239 pounds in a two year period. How did it sneak up on me??

I am 13 and i am 5foot 4 and i weigh 160. am i fat?
i just want to ...

Why do my friends always say that I am fat?
I weigh a 129 lbs and I am 5'3. I My measurements are 38'27'39.
My friends say that this large and always talk about how big I am. I am 18 yrs and I know I should not let this get ...

How do i motivate my gf to reduce weight?
my gf's put on a few (more than few actually) extra pounds, how do i motivate her to reduce weight without offending her?...

What are some good natural ways to stay awake in class without using drugs?
No drugs or caffeine....

I don't think I'm anorexic, But...?
I'm really self conscience with the way I look, And constantly I look in the mirror and can't stand how fat I look.
I feel like I have The biggest stomach, especially after I eat.

How can you lose weight WITHOUT exercise?

Does starving your self work?
ok i weigh 130 pounds and im 5'8 i want to weight 100 pounds is that unhealthy and how do i lose weight and im 12...

How does one effectively quit smoking?
i have tried twice and the first time i quit it lasted just about a month or os...then the second time around 3 days..i've been smoking for 3 years now and im only 19..turing 20 on july 26.....

Am I too skinny?
I am 5 ft 2in and i weigh 93 lbs. I am a very active person and I love eating fruit! I'm healthy and I also have muscle on me from dance but i know that i am thin. I am naturally thin but am I ...

When did you last walk over one mile?
I did yesterday....

What can i do to gain weight?

Will sit ups help me get a flat stomach?
every night i usually do about 5 sets of 100 sit ups. do you think this will help me lose weight or have a flat stomach?
Additional Details

I feel hungry... What should I eat?
I'm really hungry and I had dinner only an hour ago, what should I eat?...

Does smoking help you lose weight - HONESTLY?

How do I loose weight and eat all the foods I like?
i am 15yrs old and weighs 135 Pounds and my height is 5'2 i been exercising for a hour everyday for the last week....

How much will i lose if i go on a 5 day fast?
I know its not considered healthy but i just want to do it to get started on, and motivate me to lose more.

After, this fast i will be going on a regular diet like eating healthy & ...

How come its ok to call people too skinny but its not ok to call people fat??????
People say im too skinny all the tym and its really annoying as i eat what i want and stay the same weigh, but if i turn round to them and said that their fat its not ok and they n people say oh my ...

Which should I quit first...my 4 pack a day cigarette habit or the 12-14 Coca Cola's I drink per day?

junipero locke
If a woman is 5'4'' and 170 lbs, exactly how obese is she?Would she be chubby or closer to disturbingly chunky
P.S. I appreciate all sorts of body types and do not discriminate against larger ladies...I'm just wondering.

cali_icedragon
Rating
ok well lets see...umm 12 inches in a foot.......64/170= about 3 pounds? umm i guess..she would be slim/slender and mabye a atad chubby but still not fat or chunky..not model slim though

sweetmg
She would be very, very over weight. Since she's 5'4' her ideal weight would be about 100 to 120.

EmTay21
That sounds like a lot of woman. I would say that she is on the chunky side. Look up Body Mass Index and type in height and weight. She has a BMI of 29.2 that means she is overweight and borderline obese.

tewarienormy
she's about 50 pounds overweight

tessa g
Rating
about 50 lbs over her ideal weight for that height.

White Polar Bear
Muscle weighs more than fats. If the person has a big frame and is into exercise to build muscle, it won't be "disturbingly chunky", but yet, it's better to lose, say, 40 lbs. :)

mattysmommy2004
Rating
Here check out her Body Mass Index:

https://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/tl/cl/bmi/bmi.jsp

You just put in her height and weight and if the BMI is over 30%, then she's overweight. Normal is between 20-25%.

luckiistarr4
Just lovingly chubby :)

beverly B
Rating
she is no where in the obese range but when shes gona hit over 200 then she will be considered obese. shes just over-weight for now..

hi
Rating
i would say she would be pretty large..i think the ideal weight for 5'4'' is about 120-135 pounds maybe a little bigger or smaller depending on the woman, but 170 is much much bigger..so i think she would be rather large..according to BMI, she is obese.

hawndawg
Rating
obese is a clinical condition defined as more than 30% overweight. so see wht the normal weight for a woman that age and height is and see if she exceeds it by 30%.

5'4" should be OK for up to about 130 lbs (I am guessing) So if she is 47 lbs over that, then she is probably just a tiny bit below obese. just a guess. If 125 lbs is normal she may be a bit over the line.

Borat
She's about 40 pounds overweight. Here's a chart showing the Height / Weight Obestity Chart.

http://www.annecollins.com/dieting/height-weight-table.htm

janice
Why would it matter HOW obese, chubby or chunky she is. It's all extra fat...none of it's healthy.

RetroBunny69
Rating
5'4" 170lbs is almost obese but not yet. You can check it yourself here.
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

shanhelp
Rating
This woman has a Body Mass Index of 29.2, and is considered to be very overweight, borderline obese.

You can use the many Body Mass Index calculators on the web to figure that out.

phl_millard
a woman 5'4'' should weigh between 111 and 146.

morshmi
Percentage of body fat and how muscular she is will most effectively determine whether someone is overweight for their height.
Muscle weighs more than fat.
I had a body fat percentage of 8% and I weighed 150 at 5' 6.5"
I was considered overweight by the traditional standards, but as a cyclist I was fine. It was mostly leg muscle.
Don't go by the traditional scale.

Liddy is Lost
It's very overweight, but not quite obese. HTH : )

teacherintheroom
Rating
Obesity is a term used to describe body weight that is much greater than what is considered healthy. There are many ways to determine if a person is obese, but experts believe that a person's body mass index (BMI) is the most accurate measurement of body fat for children and adults.

Adults with a BMI greater than 30 are considered obese. Adults with a BMI between 25 and 29.9 are considered overweight. There are exceptions. For example, an athlete may have a higher BMI but not be overweight.

Nearly two-thirds of the United States population is overweight. Anyone more than 100 pounds overweight is considered morbidly obese.
Go here:
http://dftools.ivillage.com/healthtools/calc_iw.cfm

rftdwg
A women of 5' 4" at 170 lbs would be considered obese by a doctor, not morbidly obese. Enough over weight that it increases her risk of heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers. A healthy weight would be around 140-150

trippyturtlette
Rating
Heck before i got pregnant i was 175 and 5'7 and was considered over weight. (i carry it in my chest and butt)

BRAT
Yeah...that would be slightly chubby. I'm 5'5 and I have weighed 160 before and I was getting a little chunky there, so what you asked would definitely be a little overweight. But not real, real bad or anything.

Lilly
Rating
Chunky!

artemisaodc1
Rating
I think it's important to look at the BMI (as mentioned in other comments), but also to evaluate the person's overall health. Does this woman have other risk indicators for diabetes or heart disease? Is she under regular care of a physician? Does she exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet?

The comment about the bodybuilder and the farm worker ring true. We do not have enough information to give an absolute answer here, but in general if this woman is not extremely muscular, she is likely endangering her health with a BMI of 29.2.

AtiaoftheJulii
It doesn't matter as long as you like her.... And to answer your question it would depend on her body type.

ugottafriend4life
I am 5' 5" and 163 lbs. I am approximately 20 lbs overweight. So I would say that someone 5' 4" and 170 would be approximately 30 lbs overweight. That's not necessarily obese though...depends on the build of the person.

A_Kansan
Rating
You know, I met a weight lifter woman, in the sport we call them freaks, she was 5'4" and wieghed 170 lbs., and she was not chunky at all.

Something is wrong when a guy looks at a woman and says, "I wish I had a body like hers." ;(( ;(( ;(( LOL

I've seen a farm woman that weighed that and wasn't fat at all. I've seen others that were over weight for their frame.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy