Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is 96 lbs fat for a 12 year old????

Additional Details
im 5'1 yeaah i no, im shooooort!...

Should the state lower the drinking age?

Is it possible to eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes?????
My friends have this contest going to see who can eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes. Does anyone know if a person could do this without having any medical problems??? I'm thinking about asking my ...

If your bathroom scale could talk, what would it say?

Am i over weight?
i am 28 inches around my waist

i weigh 140 pounds

i am 5 foot 10

how can i loose half a stone
Additional Details

Does not doing excersise make you fat?
Even if you diet, does a lack of regular excersise in your life make you gain weight?...

Does you think he's good looking?
http://www.hotchickswith I think he is GORGEOUS. But I just want to know what individual people think also.

Do you think he looks good?...

What happens if i cut soda out of my diet and just drink lots of water?

Do I have a eating disorder?
Im 11.
I don't eat breakfast or lunch, and I eat dinner because my parents are around, but I don't eat a lot of it, and say I had a big lunch. I feel full at lunch, but at dinner im ...

How old were tou when you stopped beleiving in santa?

Is 110 pounds at 5'1 3/4 at 15 years old a bit underweight?
Just wondering? Since people are saying I'm skinny....
Also which side am I on the BMI?...

How can i lose 100 lbs in 3 weeks?
i need to do it fast, without any change in my ways - no excersise or limiting my cheeto intake

by! thanks a bunch! my bf will love ...

Stretch Marks? I'm 14!?
Ok I'm 14 and i have stretch marks on my inner theighs!

How do you get rid of them?
How did i get them?

I'm not fat i do dance 6 times a week and i've had ...

I am 17 and weigh 100 and 5'4" am i too thin?

Am I overweight I am 12,im 5'0 and i weigh 80 pounds?
I always feel sooo fat!!...

What kinds of exercises are there that don't involve a lot of sweating?
Sweat irritates my skin alot. Is there anyway for me to still do exercises without having to sweat so much?...

Do i have anorexia?
I know it sounds crazy to ask but i need help. Im 15 years old and i weight 110 pounds. I don't think i have in intentionally but i hardly ever eat. I normally eat once a day. My hair is ...

What are the chances of me getting my fathers genes?
this is a question about my metabolism. anyway my my mom has a super fast metabolism and my dad has an alright metabolism he could gain weight and still lose weight. anyways im a 16-year old male and ...

Please give me your advice...my younger sister is very overweight.?
My mom and my sister just moved back to Georgia from Alabama. My sister had a traumatic experience when she was 6 and from then gained alot of weight. She is now 15, is 5'8" and weighs ...

Doing the splits? is splits something you can either do or you cant?
or can you become more flexiable and then you can eventually do it, ive beign doing a lot of yogo latley thats why im intrested....

§gorda§
If a cookie contains 110 calories and you cut it in half do you consume HALF the calories??
or is it just bogus.? like no matter how big the piece is its still going to contain that many calories.?

(:♥TayLee♥:)
Rating
yeah the calories would be cut in half

k m
Rating
No you eat half the calories.

Nick's Mom
Rating
Yes, if you eat half the cookie then you will have consumed 1/2 the calories. It clearly states that if the cookie has 110 calories as a WHOLE cookie, then 1/2 contains 1/2 the calories, and if you eat 3/4 of it, you will consume 3/4 of the cookie....

andyvicat
Rating
Just cutting the cookie in half will not help. The important bit is to only eat half of the thing .
;o)

mrcarter82
Are you sure the cookie is 110 calories, or is the serving size 110 calories. Because if 1 cookie is 110 calories, that's a dangerous cookie. Usually a small serving of cookies would equal up to 110 calories. Let's say 6 cookies equals one serving. So to answer your question yes, if you only ate 3 cookies then you would have consumed 55 calories.

amylizwags
Yea, if you cut it it half you'll eat half the calories. That's why so many weightloss programs focus on portion sizes and portion control.

redsgirl
If you eat the whole cookie, it is 110 calories; therefore, basic math and common sense tells us that eating half of the cookie, it will be half of the calories.

Footballer
Not really because if the cookie was baked wrong then it would be different. For example if half the chocolate chip cookie had 20 chips but the other had 5 then one half has more than the other. But the cookie was perfect then yes, each half would have the same amount of calories.

Hannah Radar
Yes, 55 calories - if it is cut EXACTLY in half. :)

princswarrior
Depends, are you still eating the whole cookie even though it's in 2 pieces now instead of 1?

Afro Q
If u eat half a cookie, u consume half the no. of calories.

beingkute
Rating
yes

Danielle
Rating
yes you do consume half of the calories. it is alot easier to understand the consept if you think about doubling the portion instead of cuting it in half.
times the calories by two instead of dividing by two.

cut the calories, not the yummy taste!

sauteed mushroom
yea...

₦âħíмânầ»€G
Rating
I worry more about what the calories are from than the amount. The cookie could be full of bad oils and chemicals depending on what its made of. I think you would have less calories though !

scotsman
No, it's the full 110 calories. You see, what not many people realise is that ALL of the calories in food are contained in the left hand side. All 110 calories in the cookie will be in the left-hand half of the cookie. If you cut the cookie in half, one half (the left half) will have 110 calories and the other will have absolutely no calories whatsoever. Totally calorie free and zero fat, sugar or additives. The same applies to all known foods. Except for celery where the calories are evenly distributd throughout the stalk.
But you're not stupid so I know you've seen the problem. Yes, you're right. Most cookies are round so it's virtually imposible to know which is the left-hand side of a round cookie.
And it's the same all over. Which is the left hand side of a slice of bread? Did I accidentally turn that banana round when I put it on the plate? How do I arrange these noodles in a straight line and can I be sure they were all facing the right direction when they went in the pan. It's a worry.

kk
It will be roughly half, but that depends on what is in the cookie and if you divide the contents equally...for example if it has nuts in it and you get all the nuts in your half then you will have more than half the calories.

johnnyinsnj
110 is an estimate....if you break it in half you'll eat about 55 Calories.

If you eat one piece of pie, have you consumed the calories for the whole thing?

black_guitar_music
Rating
It depends. If the cookie is not equally cut inot two, then you will consume a little more calories than half of the whole cookie.

roeroe47me
YES

thebushman
If you eat one half of the cookie you will consume about one half of the calories. Just cutting in half means nothing.

cookiesmom
Rating
yes its half....other wise SUPERSIZE MINE! LOL

?
Rating
Actually..I have always worked on the premise that once broken in half the calories actually fall out. That is not crumbs on your carpet but lost calories. Salves the guilt when having a naughty nibble....

BryanIRL
Rating
You'll consume half the calories if you consume half the cookie.

Sorry, but cutting the cookie and shaking it at the cut side doesn't get rid of the calories!

David A
Rating
Yes half of the cookie contains about half of the calories depending on how well the ingredients are mixed

Lovely
Rating
Yeah, if you don't eat the whole thing then you can't eat all the calories.

onevint
Assuming the calories are evenly distributed ie. all the chocolate chips are not on one side, yes. Eating half the food gives you half the calories.

MnGirl
If you only eat half of the cookie then it is 55 calories.

eayrin
Rating
yeh it'll be half - 55kcal

Jason B
Yeah it'll be half.

green is clean
Rating
What? Yes it would be about half. Otherwise...if what you said applies, you could eat one, or a whole box and it would be the same.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy