Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How do I get rid of that lower belly pouch?
I have lower back trouble so I have to watch what excerises I do. my husband left me for another woman. He has had me stressed out for years from cheating and I know they say stress plays a part in ...

PLEASE HELP!?!? easy 10 pts?
sometimes, i like to pig out a lot and when i do, i feel realyyyyyyy fat! am i fat?
im 14, i think 5'3 or 5'4, and i weigh around 105 lbs.
i kno some ppl would say im crazy for ...

Will I get stretch marks? If I eat this bacon sandwich?

How can i gain weight?
LOL....

Do you think if i do a water and fruit diet for a week i will lose some weight in that week?

How can i loose weight?
I'm 14 years old, i am 12 st and am 5ft 7/8 inch. I have tried everything to loose weight, i eat healthy and excerise regulary. I have tried not eating at all, trying to make myself sick. N...

My friend fainted today, in school, and she tould me why, and I got really scared and didn't know what to do..
My friend told me that she wasn't eating, because she wanted to be as skinny as me, I am natrually skinny, 82 pounds, at 5"4, and she told me she was starving herself, and I didn't ...

Does anyone else think that Chips Ahoy 100 Calorie packs taste like cardboard?

Additional Details
The Thin Crisp K...

Constipation?
i tend to eat all bran or bran flakes some mornings for breakfast but i also eat alot of water based food (fruits) and ive noticed i cant pass faeces the same. any ideas?? it seems all the fibre is ...

Any ideas how to make spinage a little more interesting?

Why is vegetarian food better than non-vegetarian?

How can i loose 5 pounds in less than 10 hours?
or in 6 hours. please HELP....

Do skinny people get fat when they become older?
Do fat people become skinny when they get older?...

How can Iget my wife to lose weight?
First off, I love my wife very much. She is a latino with a gorgeous face, beautiful skin, and nice legs. When we met she was kind of thick in the mid-section. She has had three children from a ...

I am 27 years old, 5"7 and weigh 220lbs, i want to lose 40lbs in 7 weeks, what is fastest way possible?
I have tried joining a gym for one month and couldn't see a difference in the one month, so i stopped, tried fasting, but i get to hungry by the end of the day and i eat as much as i would have ...

Does drinking water help you lose weight?
if so ...

How can i lose up to 2 inches around my thighs?
And by july or august would be nice..but i know its probably impossible.
But if you know any quick ways let me know.
~thanks~
Additional Details
and i dont want to do lypo.

Working out but gaining weight?
I have been working out three times a week with a personal trainer. She reallu kicks my *** and I get a great work out from here every time. However, the scale is telling me that I'm gaining ...

Is this skinny?
Height: 5'7
Weight: 104 1/2 lbs.
Hourglass figure
Additional Details
i find myself skinny with wideeee ...

How much weight can I lose eating one meal every two days?
I weigh 174 pounds, and am 5"3... at 50% bodyfat. I have to go 48 hours without food before I start to feel hungry so I decided I woud eat one whopper from mcdonalds every two days until I get ...

12 year old.
If I just do sit ups can that get me a 6 pack?

audrey
depends on how many you're doing and how many sets.

do 5 sets of 30 or 40 every other day.
that's what i do.
but then again, i've been doing them for a long time...working my way up.

i'd start at 15 or 20

sminthian1980
Rating
No, a 6 pack is a guys version of seeing your ribs. It means that you have a very very low percentage of body fat and am almost starving yourself. They're actually not good for you.

srfgrl123
yes, but do alot of them so you can get them faster. and after u get them u hav to keep them up

┼Emily H.┼
try doing 50 per day tht might help

CindyKim
Rating
Yes. I did 200 full sit ups every day last year and now I have a 6 pack. I am doing 250 everyday now and I am forming an 8-pack. All about dedication

DJ
Rating
probably but you would have to do 50 a day I got a 12 pack but I did a lot more than 50.. I did like 100 a day

Angelica L
Rating
You would have to do a lot and i mean A LOT of sit ups a day. My brother told me there was a famous old wrestler he did 900 sit ups a day and it took him 3 years to get a 6 pack. So be ready to crunch your stomach until it achs dude!

juggy
Rating
Actually, nope. Crunches or sit-ups(same thing) are the least effective way to make your abs visible--in plain english---WASTE OF TIME dudeee. Try scissor crunches, or if you realy wanna gr8 burn--do 'roman crunches'. Google it, it should be somewhere on the web. Also--diet and cardio (running, boxing) help make your abs show. long story short- No crunches, more cardio, less KFC. REALLY easy once you get it.

Vans00
Rating
If you do them religiously..
BUT..without eating healthy you wont .

veg_hel
No, you need to do resistance training as well. I would recommend a mix of weights, jogging and sit ups.

Jens
NO!

There's a popular misunderstanding about getting six pack abs that all you need to do is strengthen your muscles. This is simply not true, yes, you need to strengthen your muscles, but if you do all the situps in the world, your abs won't show if you haven't burnt sufficient calories to allow the abs to show.

Only cardio does this, and most people need at least an hour a day to burn enough calories.

Titanic Fan
Rating
Do about 50 sit-ups per day.
NO MORE SUGARY DRINKS!
NO MORE JUNK FOOD!
And do lots of running.

thunderthighs mcgee
sit ups will not make you look older. you will need to ask someone who is 21.

pro_guy
Rating
to get a 6 pack u should do more than just sit up.
there r different exercises to work out different parts of your abs

hershey
Rating
pshh, no! u have to work out HARD. 6 packs aren't easy to get, my friend. They require sit-ups, crunches, and tons of abdominal exercises. Ya and take it easy on the fatty foods. you can get a six pack and lose it by gaining weight and getting belly fat, covering up your abs. Plus you have to maintain your bod so a few protein drinks wouldn't hurt. If you are serious about getting in shape, join a gym/health cub or hire a personal trainer. I have a great bod and abs from doing taekwondo which involve a ton of cardio exercise and strength training.

Diva
No you need cardiovascular exercise. That means exercise that gets your heart pumping, like jogging.

Joshua T
Rating
nope, believe it or not just doing sit ups will not get you a six pack because sit-ups are not a cardio exercise, and in order to get rid of the fat that may be around your mid section you must burn it off doing a cardio exercises(running, swimming, walking, etc). Then when all of the fat is gone, sit ups are just the beginning, for one there are many different kinds of sit ups, there are crunches and a host of other things that you can do to get ripped.

CHUCK
Rating
Depends... Are you overweight? If you are you will have to loose the weight. Abs will only show on a slim / trim body..

FinalThought182
NO, never will the muscle will only build under the fat, resulting in making you look even "fatter" or "bigger" than before, so your best bet is to lift weights, eat healthy, and do cardio.

NOTE: you should check your body fat, if its low enough then yes it will, generally 10% or less body fat is where its visible enough for people to see the definition .

jtw532
yes and no. Doing suit ups will strengthen your abs, but if you have fat on your belly- you will never see a six pack. A combination of cardio, diet and exercise will bring them out

Sir Poops-A-Lot
Rating
a fake ID would help

queenD
Rating
Unfortunately, just sit ups alone will not give you a 6 pack, unless you have no belly fat at all. I have tons of abdominal muscle, and used to have a 6 pack, but in the past 2 years, it doesn't show much because I've gained about 10 pounds of fat over it. =(
A six pack is the result of a good diet and adominal exercises like sit ups.

sshazzam
You can get a 6-pack for $3.50 at your neighborhood liquer store.

iamjsoria
Rating
sorry to say no, you can do all the situps you want. but if you have a certain amount on body fat that six pack will never show. i recommend doing alot of cardio (running or swimming is the best way to go) to get your body fat percentage down and after that your 6 pack will show.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy