Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Should i gain weight? [*pic included*]?
ok so for about 3 years now i have been really insecure about my body built.
i have been told by many people they wish they were built like me.
but i feel like they're not being honest....

Why can't I stop drinking pop?
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It's driving me crazy. I drink diet, but it's still not good for me....

Is this alot i have eaten today?
i feel realy upset because i ate alot, i'm on my period though but i keep snacking, today i ate; is this too much and just because of one day will i gain weight tommorow?
(i'm going to ...

Is it possible to lose 30 pounds in a month?
Please be honest and please don't tell me that it's not possible cause I believe it is I just need a second opinion and can you tell me how, I took a BMI and it said that i'm obese for ...

I need to lose weight!!?
i am 5ft 4and weigh 148lbs. just a year ago i weighed 110lbs, but so much stress and unfortunate events have turned me into an emotional eater. i really need to stop gaining and get healthy and fit ...

Does anybody know an easy way to lose weight?
not that i'm fat or anything but i juss need to kno okay maybe i am a lil but i need a summer bod asap!...

How do you get rid of sweet cravings??

Additional Details
i dont buy the sweets- my family eats really unhealthy so sweets and junk are always around me. sometimes it gets ...

Is it healthy to go one week eating nothing but fruits and vegetables.?
i'm not fat or anything, but i do eat a lot of unhealthy juke food (mostly fastfoods).
i'm sure that i may look good on the outside, but it may not be good on the inside. ...

Im 12 and need to loose weight?
wat pills could i take LEGALLY take to gain muscle and loose wait look at this page

http://www.trinibusiness Details
i weigh 275...

Yesterday i ran a marathon on a treadmill totally naked, and barefoot. now my feet hurt. what do i do?

I'm 5'10 and I weigh 145 lbs. is that fat??
What weight would be good??
Additional Details
My body is all proportioned but i have really long legs ...

Does thinking burn calories?
i've been wondering, does thought burn calories?...

How can I stop eating junk food?
Whenever I'm hungry or bored I always seem to eat some type of junk food. I can't seem to stop myself, and it's making me fat. For exampIe, my uncle just came round with some chocolate ...

Im really short.?
Ok so im really short.
14 years old and 5'0
does drinkimg milk work?
if it does
how many cups do i need to drink in a day?...

Am I wayy to skinny.????
I am 12 years old and I read another question & it said to check your BMI & it said that normal was 18.5-24.9 but I am 13.6 woaahhhh rightt!!!!...

Losing weight by not eating?
If I stop eating for about 3 weeks or 2. How much weight will I lose?...

Whats a good lunch for someone on a diet?
hmmmm??...

How tall r u?

Additional Details
just askin cos im only 4'9'' just wanted to know if there are any of u out there ...

3 days without food?
my friend said he went 3 days without food and said he lost 10 pounds
would i really lose that much ...

People say im too skinny and need to put on wieght... i disagree... why do they say this? im 6st and 12yrs...?
im confused, more than skinny i want to lose weight, my percent bodt fat is 15%... thats well high all my mates are 9%
Additional Details
to that person down there dont tell me to grow ...

Bridget
If I am wanting to lose weight should I not be drinking any alcohol at all? x?

Guy U
You should not be drinking but you should be encouraging all the men you meet to drink.

When men are drunk even tubs of lard like you will get a shag!

kookoolovesyou
Hello

The best idea is to avoid alcohol, but if you do go out on a night out stick to bacardi and diet coke, vodka and diet coke and champagne (!!) all of which are very low calorie. A treat every so often will do you no harm!

smiler
Rating
i'm always been told to lay of the lager and wine but drink vodka and diet coke! supposed to be less calories. gets abit boring after a while though!!!

x.X.Barbie-Doll.X.x
Rating
Hey Hunny
Well it not good for you,it has LOTS os CALORIES init.
You should leave it untill your lost the weight you wont to lose.Or it will just take longer really

miss jane
yes, but you shouldn't have any more than 4 drinks per week and stick to low calorie drinks like vodka & soda (if you add lime make sure it is fresh not cordial), gin & tonic or red wine.

Amanda S
You can have alcohol, but just in moderation. Try to avoid the high calorie drinks. White wine is great because it only has about 90 calories per glass.

jason l
Rating
actually no. I would try to hold off on the alcohol for a while. I would start drinking allot of water everyday(1 gal.) and i would also start a workout routine. Being that you didn't mention if you were or not working out, I would start by doing a treadmill, at a speed of 4 or 4.5 for 40 minutes three/four times a week. If you keep hydrated like I specified earlier and use the treadmill you will shed weight fast.

Alison B
Rating
It depends if you are calorie counting, or cutting back. If you are counting calories then you can factor in a small glass of something. If you are doing protein only, then it's absolutely no alcohol, or you will not stay in keitosis. Red days green days permit alcohol (sins). Weight watchers allow a little tipple too. Good Luck and don't forget to exercise x

Sharri H
Rating
Dieting to lose weight means NO alcohol except for A glass of wine a day, if you must. Alcohol contains too much sugar, no nutrition, and empty calories. These calories are better used in healthy, necessary food .

larson4boys
Just no beer! Maybe try a Gin and tonic!

Silvana
Rating
I think dieting by depriving yourself of *all* fun food is not a good way forward. What tends to happen it that you have a tough day and say "f this" and then fall of the wagon completely. The only really sensible way to lose weight is to change your diet in a way that you can keep up forever. This won't work if you cut out all treats, so don't do that.

However, if you just keep eating whatever you feel like then you won't lose weight (provided you are overweight now. Some lucky people get away with that).

Therefore, weightloss is a matter of prioritising. You'll have to cut out some "fun food" but you can keep some as well. So the answer to your question depends on how important alcohol is to you when weighed off against other treats. It's okay to have moderate amount of chocolate, or crisps or alcholol, or cake etc. The operative word is "OR" not "AND" and obviously not in huge amounts.

Lilleyput
Guy U....YOUR CARDS ARE MARKED!

Do what the French women do ....everything in moderation. A little bit of this and a little bit of that including a little alcohol.

A Nonymiss
Rating
I think you just need to watch what you drink rather than cut it out all together. Certain alcoholic drinks are high in calories and or sugar. The worst offendors being wine and alco pops.

If you stick to spirits like vodka and gin and use a diet mixer it's not that bad.

Weight watchers also do wine, haven't tried it as it sounds horrible but if you're desperate!!!

north_shore_fruitcake
No, alcohol is full of calories and carbohydrates and will do NOTHING for your waistline, letalone any other body parts! It also dehydrates you which does nothing for your skin and energy levels.

Whilst your body needs carbohydrates to fuel it, there are better ways to get it like cereals, grains and fresh fruit and vegetables etc.

Weight loss is a simple equation: You need to exert more energy than you consume. So you need to exercise more and eat less.

If you're not used to exercising, START SLOWLY! Don't try running ten kilometres a day because you'll only hurt yourself and become disenchanted with it all. Start by walking around your local streets at nice cool times - not in the middle of the day. Take a water bottle and if you've got an MP3 player or something, music is always a good way to keep you relaxed. Walking with a friend or family member is also a good way to keep your enthusiasm up as you cheer each other on when it gets hard.

Depending on how much weight you want to lose, it might be a good idea to visit your doctor and discuss your plans with them. If you've got a LOT of weight to lose, that's probably the best idea.

Remember to keep enthused - you'll generally lose a bit more when you first start off, but don't become disheartened when your weightloss starts to slow - it does happen and it's okay. 1kg a week is a good, healthy loss but if you only lose half a kg, it's still a half a kg and every little bit counts!

Good luck!

silverbullet
Not mandatory, but its easier to restrict calories AND get all the appropriate micronutrients if you don't.

Pauly
Rating
There's nothing wrong with having a few drinks every now and again. The problem is that most alcoholic drinks are quite high in sugar due to the fermentation process.
The best thing for you would be red wine!
Enjoy.

xCharliex
Rating
A little of what you fancy every now and again never hurt anybody :o) as long as it is in moderation! :) and you shouldnt hve a problem

i have chocolate every saturday :o) thats my treat if you like! :o)

♥hoozahuni♥
Rating
Alcohol is my downfall when it comes to trying to lose weight. I am in my early 20's, so I spend many weekends in the pub - you're only young once!!!

Supposedly, the clearer the spirit, the less calories it has, so my drink of choice is now Vodka with diet coke. It's quite sneaky, but if I cut out alcohol altogether, I will lead a very boring life alone, whilst my friends are all in the pub!!

could it be magic
You are not meant to have any alcohol on a diet but i have lost weight and drink plenty of alcohol just eat less exercise more

emmamac14
Rating
no alcohol cotains loads of calories, just cutting out alcohol alone can help you loose pounds in nearly no time at all

Dan S
Rating
From my experience, you can lose a lot MORE if you cut out the alcohol due to the large number of calories in alcohol. Weight loss is as simple as calories in vs. calories out so reducing or cutting alcohol will definitely help.

I lost 30 pounds + in about one and a half months in the beginning of this year and the fact that I did not drink during that time definitely was a big part of it. I also ate really clean and did a lot of exercising but alcohol is just "empty" calories.

I hope that helps.

Kate R
Yea, As long as you dont have a drinking problem (in that case mass consumption of alcohol) then im sure a little wont do you any harm at all! :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy