Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Whats the result of starving myself?
my friend lost weight cuz she starved herself

if that work for her shud i do it too?

i know its stupid but....
ugh idkkk
im deperate and i need to lose weight.......

EASY 10 points BEST ANSWER !?
Now im 5"10, 80 kilos
I usto be 70 4 months ago before i started to go to the Gym !
3/4 days a week i do:
Cardio 20 min
Workout 1 hour ->
Arms(60 pounds)
Back(80&...

Everbody agree that drinking water is good for health - which one is best - hot ? cold ? normal ?
Happy new Year Wishes for all, just out of curiosity, I had in my mind to find out an answer for this question - Is drinking Hot water ? Cold Water ? Normal Water - good for ...

Girls which do you prefer?
slim toned bod or muscles im slim but started in ...

I want somethign sweet but don't want to ruin my diet?
Has anyone got any good recipes for a really nice dessert, but one which won't add on too many calories? And how do other people deal with their sweet tooth when they're trying to lose ...

I'm 15 years old and I need to lose 50 pounds. Any tips?
I am 5'7 and weigh 205 lbs.
I'm out of control with yo-yo dieting, and I need help.
Any tips are more than appreciated....

I'm Constipated.?
DAMN YOU KFC !! Every bloody time =/

oh welll..... any advice?
should i have fruit?
water?
bicarbonated soda?

What is the healthiest meal option at KFC?
excluding ...

Best way to reduce stress?
I haven't been sleeping, I've been over eating and then not eating enough, I've been gaining and losing weight, and I'm tired all the time....

What is the best way to slim down?

Why do people like to eat so much? it makes them fat!?

Is there way way I can lose weight fast?
I need to lose around 5-7 pounds. I'm 5'5'' and 118 pounds. People say I'm skinny but I have a little pouch around my stomach and I hate my thighs. I don't want to be ...

What's healthier Pepsi or Coke?
Between just Pepsi and Coke, which of the two is healthiest to drink. Niether of them are, but which is better. It's hard to tell, because they both have their highs and lows, and sometimes in ...

Weight help!!!?
Hi I am 12 years old, five foot 4 and I weigh 140 lbs and maybe even more. You dont have to tell me that I am overweight because I already know I am. But I just cant stop eating. I dont feel hungry ...

How can i gain weight? :/?
i'm 13 right now. 5'2 & 85 lbs. i get called names like anorexic, a human toothpick, and this one time, a guy was like do you eat? & i'm really tired of it. and even my family ...

Question!?
How much a day should I be runninf if i wanna loose 30 pounds in 4 months?...

What would be an unhealtily low weight for my height?
ie: losing periods, losing muscle mass, general bad health?
I'm 5'7 and 110 ( so dont worry im not underweight or anything) but just wondered at what weight i would be underweight....

Am i fat? Details included...it seems..all my fat goes to one place?
I am a 14 year old girl...who plays alot of sports....including basketball (Top scorer for 3 years straight). ....i weight 118 on good days...123 on bad days. it seems..my arms are pretty thin.......

Why havent I lost weight?
For over a month i have been doing a self control thing with my diet, Im a vegetarian, i dont eat artificial sugars or have caffine. I havent lost any weight at all which is what i would have liked, ...

Toooooooo skinny or normal????
is this too skinny or normal???
hott body or not???
if you are a guy would you date a girl with a body like this or is it not curvy enough???
RATE THE BODY 1-10.
the person is 5�...

wesellbunny
If 8 glasses a day is the RDA for water what size glasses are they talking about?
How much in litres should I be drinking a day?

Emma Chizzett
Rating
Half pint glasses, = 4pts, = about two litres.

Sheena L
Rating
A glass is roughly half a pint.. 8 glasses roughly 4 pints, which is roughly 2 litres..

srracvuee
Rating
half pint glasses or just under 300 ml making your daily input around 2 ltrs approx

Phish
I think 2 to 3 litres is probably a reasonable amount. If the ambient temperature is cool, and you don't exert yourself a great deal, then your water needs will be less as you won't need to sweat excessively. If you exert yourself on a very hot day, and sweat a great deal, then you may need 4, or perhaps more, litres. The body is very good at making you feel thirsty when it needs water.

The colour of your urine will also be an indicator of your current state of hydration. If your urine is very dark in colour, then your body hydration level is low and your kidneys are conserving water. If your urine is almost colourless, then you are well hydrated.

It is possible to drink far too much, and disturb the body's electrolyte level, and it is possible that the effects of this can be fatal, however, this is extremely rare, and this desire to intake fluids excessively is normally a sign of a mental illness which has gone out of control. One of the known side-effects of acute Schizophrenia is the desire to drink huge amounts of water.

Illegal drugs, for example, Ecstacy, have also been known to cause death by upsetting the body's natural demand for water, leading to excessive fluid-intake, electrolyte disturbance, and ultimately death

Monica M
RDA is eight 8 oz glasses of water a day - that works out to 2 litres a day. And if you are overweight your body needs more.
If you are into healthy solutions check out cyf.healthyhometour.com or cyf.lose20.com

tip
If u confuse about glass. It good if we drink 1.5-2 liters per day

Simon D
A standard glass size is 8 ounces.
Just like 'cup' in cooking, it is in fact a measurement.

mike-from-spain
About 2 litres a day is recommended here in Spain

tushar g
well i think eight 8-oz. portions per day or 236.68 grams of water

Happyface
I know it's around 2 litres a day but does anyone really drink this much daily? - if I do, I am in and out the ladies all day - never mind the fact on the journey home (1 and half hours long) I feel my stomach is going to burst!

billisitch125
Rating
standard drinking glass (8 fl oz/ 180 ml) and RDA is between 8 - 10 glasses a day of fluid (not coffee or tea) though fizzy drinks should be avoided.

Terrier (UK)
Roughly 2 litres per day.

The glasses are half pint glasses.

wee stoater
Drink approx 1.5 to 2 litres of water. It comes out about right.

SANDRA P
The recommended size for a 'glass' of water is half a pint > 8 glasses = 4 pints which is approximately 2.3 litres

6 hail marys
I think they say that the RDA is 2 litres. Therefore 2000millilitres divided by 8 glasses is 250ml, just over two thirds the size of a drinks can.

yes_i_am
yes. 8 8-ounce glasses is what is meant.
But really you should take your body weight and divide that number in half. Drink that many ounces if you can. So say you weighed 150 pounds. Ideally you should drink 75 ounces of water a day.

katem1992
Well I've heard that the 8 glasses should add up to 2 litres. So about 250mls in each glass should do it.

slynx000
Rating
When refering to the very cryptic 8 x 8 RDA for water, they are refering to eight 8 oz glasses of water which is roughly 2 litres of water.

Be aware though... there actually have been NO confirmed scientific studies done of precisely how much water the human body needs in a day to survive. Try it out, try to find a scientific study that actually has analyzed how much water we should drink, you won't find any. Nor will you see scientific studies that involve analyzing different beverage choices such as beer, soda, coffee and tea, or measure hydration via food we eat (YES! we actually get water from food we eat :-P) etc. that deal with hydration.

The recommended daily allowance is exactly that, recommended and probably has more to do with the health, diet, fitness, and water bottling industries than what the body ACTUALLY needs in a day. Most RDA's you see have come from surveys of nutrionists, estimates from doctors, etc that have less to do with science and more to do with informed opinion.

Please note that I'm not suggesting people stop drinking plenty of fluids, it certainly doesn't hurt to drink a lot of water (except in rare cases of hyponatremia).

P P
Eight 8 oz glasses at a minimum

So about 1.92 litres

MamaSunshine
8 - 8oz glasses, or 2 - 16oz pints, or 1 - 32oz quart.....

That should be sufficient. Drink when you are thirsty. Don't over do though, you can "drown your cells" with too much water.

In Liters, probably two is enough.

cirnrab
8; 8oz glasses of water

taketwo
8 pints a day

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy