Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Does this sound like a fat girl?
5'5 150 pounds
Additional Details
she might be 5'6...

OMG I CANT BELIVE I JUST DID this!!! help?
so basicly i ate a watermelon
WITH SEEDS
HOLY CRAPPPP
now watermelons are going to be growing out the yin yang, what should i do ? do they hurt when they come out you butt?
will ...

Tips on giving up smoking cold turkey style?

What can i do to take my mind off food?
please give me some good ideas!!
Additional Details
i am not hungry, just bored and feel like snacking!...

Is it possible to lose weight without exercising?
Not trying to lose weight...just wondering if it's ...

How do i gain weight ?
I know this might be a stupid question but i have about 2 days to gain 8 pounds.

my current weight is 90 pounds
i'm 5'2 and 18 years old.
Additional Details

I'm 5'1 and 96 lbs how do i lose weight?
i used to be 110 lbs, and i still feel and look fat. what do i do about it?
and i'm a 15 year old girl.
Additional Details

Should i use steriods...?
I want to become bigger and bulky'er and stronger, ,should i go on the steriod path???? If "Yes" any idea where could i purchase one in Toronto???...

Am i fat? how much do you think i weigh?

I weigh 107 & im 17?
Im 17, 5'4 & i weigh 107...too fat...too thin...
Additional Details
I work out 6 days a week and i play club vooleyball & ...

Hey am I overweight?
5'5 and 128 lbs
actually good leg muscles though

but a bit of hips- please how do I get rid of them?...

Am I too white?(seriously)?
I've had a paler complexion all my life, but I'm always being told to go out in the sun more and whatnot. Thing is, I do, I'm outside practically everyday yet I never get tan. So am I ...

How much weight can you lose if u eat 100 calories per day?

I am a 53 year old woman who throws up my food after every supper. I've been doing this for a month to lose
trying to lose wieght. since i am 100 lbs over weight, won't this just make the fat burn up before it can hurt any of my organs?...

I'm 5'7 122 pounds... is this a good weight???
I'm 5'7 122 pounds... is this a good weight??? I run 3-4 times a week to stay toned....

Do you think I eat a lot?
I weigh 98 pounds and am 5'2''. I think I eat like a pig and way too much. Okay so today I ate:

breakfast; a cup and a half of cereal with 1% milk.

lunch; 2 mini ...

Am I fat? Plz Be honest?
I am 12 years old I am 5 feet tall and i weigh 100 pounds am i fat please be honest i wont report you if you have a mean comment I want to know the truth ?
P.S My dad says it is because I have ...

What is a good snack to eat that doesn't make you fat even if you eat a lot of it?
When i come home from school i am starving. What can I eat that is good for you and tastes good?...

Is 150 lbs healthy for a 12 year old girl?
5"3, 12 years....

is that good
or overweight...
Additional Details
IM SORRY ITS 105 LBS!!!!!!...

I know i have an eating disorder- who should i tell??
i'm 15 years old, 5'3" and 110 pounds. i know i'm not underweight or anything, but at first it seemed to be thrilling to fast for days, and now i realize im addicted and its ...

Georgia
IS it safe to eat nail polish?
please only answer if you know for sure. i don't need ignorant people scaring me for no reason.

MC2
Rating
Definitely not! nail polish contains toxic chemicals! Why do you think it smells so strong? Just look up the chemicals that are found in it.

roberto
no

Most nail polishes are made of nitrocellulose dissolved in a solvent and either left clear or colored with various pigments. Basic components included are: film forming agents, resins and plasticizers, solvents, and coloring agents.

Nail polish makers have been under pressure to reduce or eliminate potentially toxic ingredients, including phthalates, toluene, and formaldehyde, from their nail polish. In September 2006, several makers agreed to phase out dibutyl phthalate, which has been linked to testicular problems in lab animals and humans, in updated formulations. Though some makers recently agreed to eliminate formaldehyde from their products, others still use the chemical.

Scott Bull
No, sheesh, what a numnuts, and why would you want it.

You talk about ignorant people scaring you, don't you find this the slightest bit hippicritical.

hiba
try and see

jgbgirl
These are the typical ingredients found in nail polish, just by looking them over I can tell you they are not safe to eat!

ethyl acetate
butyl acetate
nitrocellulose
isopropyl alcohol
polyester resin
dibutyl phthalate
styrene/acrylates copolymer
stearalkonium hectorite
stearalkonium bentonite
benzophenone-1
calcium pantothenate

Just wondering.....why would you eat nail polish?

keLskanator
i doooooo
nothings wrong with me

rabblerouser
Rating
Definition

This poisoning is from swallowing or breathing in (inhaling) nail polish.

Poisonous Ingredient

Toluene
Butyl acetate
Ethyl acetate
Dibutyl phthalate
Where Found

Various fingernail polishes
Note: This list may not be all inclusive.
Symptoms

Bladder and kidney
Increased need to urinate
Eyes, ears, nose, and throat
Eye irritation and possible cornea damage
Lungs
Difficulty breathing
Slowed breathing rate
Shortness of breath
Gastrointestinal
Nausea
Vomiting
Abdominal pain
Nervous system
Drowsiness
Coma
Stupor
Whole body
Acting as if drunk (intoxicated)
Home Care

Do not make the person throw up. Seek immediate emergency medical care.

Before Calling Emergency

Determine the following information:

The patient's age, weight, and condition
The name of the product (ingredients and strengths, if known)
The time it was swallowed
The amount swallowed
Poison Control

The National Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) can be called from anywhere in the United States. This national hotline number will let you talk to experts in poisoning. They will give you further instructions.

This is a free and confidential service. All local poison control centers in the U.S. use this national number. You should call if you have any questions about poisoning or poison prevention. It does NOT need to be an emergency. You can call for any reason, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Take the container with you to the hospital, if possible.

See National Poison Control center.

What to Expect at the Emergency Room

The health care provider will measure and monitor the patient's vital signs, including temperature, pulse, breathing rate, and blood pressure. The patient may receive:

Medicines to treat symptoms
A nasogastric (NG) tube thru the nose into the stomach to empty the stomach (gastric lavage)
Medicines to treat an allergic reaction (diphenhydramine, epinephrine, or prednisone)
Endoscopy -- the placement of a camera down the throat to see the extent of burns to the esophagus and the stomach
Irrigation (washing of the skin), perhaps every few hours for several days
Skin debridement (surgical removal of burned skin)
Outlook (Prognosis)

With any toxic exposure, ingestion, or allergic reaction, recovery and prognosis depend on the how much of the poison was swallowed and how quickly the patient received treatment. Nail polish tends to come in small bottles, so serious poisoning is unlikely if only one bottle was swallowed. However, always seek immediate emergency medical care.

Some people intentionally sniff nail polish to become intoxicated (drunk) by the fumes. Over time these people, as well as those working in poorly ventilated nail salons, can develop a condition known as "painter's syndrome." This is a permanent condition that causes walking problems, speech problems, and memory loss.

lilkooljc22
eww.. no its not safe! theres chemicals in nail polish that could probably kill you!

norarulesbway
Rating
it's most likely not, but read the bottle.

zoloboom
Rating
yes

darkdiva
Rating
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... (that's for sure)

bumblebee
nail polish has chemicals in it that could infect your body and that includes your brain.

karrisah
no its not safe

C_43
Rating
i think it's not safe to eat nail polish unless it's the non-toxic kind.
you know?

you should contact a poison center or something so it could get outta the system.

Stranger to Myself
Rating
nope i wouldnt try it

Pixie xox
Rating
Eating nail polish is a VERY bad idea. It's not good for you. I'd advise against it. It'll only make you sick.

smarticles
Rating
no its not safe it has chemicals in it

Lenny S
its is, i drink gasoline all the time and it doesnt feel too painful when your dying

Savi
Rating
no, did you?

Sabrina
No it is not safe. It contains certain ingredients that are harmful to your body (not necessarily causing you to die).

http://www.drugs.com/enc/nail-polish-poisoning.html

Oh snap!
Rating
Noooo it's NOT safe!!!

chocolatemoose
why would you eat nail polish?
and the answer is, NO

la bombera
idk
but contact your local poison control center just in case
stay calm and also check out any warning labels on the bottle

i'm guessing it's probably not fatal, b/c girls paint their nails & then bite their nails, etc.

Isabelle
Rating
omg no. it is definatly toxic and can harm your body.

dkav
Rating
No please don't eat nail polish.

samer399
Rating
No, not at all.

;;
No,
there's chemicals in it
such as acetone
which will tear up your stomach.

kriddle
Rating
no its not safe.... however- i still peel mine from my fingernails all the time - just dont swallow it...

Jamal V
Rating
No. You can get sick.

What's Up?
Rating
Is it safe to drink gasoline? If you did then drink plenty of water and call the doctors office.

Tee
Rating
why the he ll would you even ask such a thing??

why would you consider the possibility of eating nail polish?

are your parents starving you and you have run out of the shampoo??

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy