Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What is the quickest way to loose 74 pounds within 7 to 8 months?

Whats the best way to lose weight fast after becoming a mommy?
losing weight??...

Has anyone tried Adam & Eve diet?
Metabolic diet - balance blood sugar.
Additional Details
It nothing do with apples and not a FAD diet. It was recommend by natural ...

How do you lose weight w/o starving yourself???

What are the good and bad effects of anorexia?

Additional Details
Just adding this. And i disagree with yoo, i found loads of pro-ana sites. Thanks for the long lists, i have a ...

Starving Yourself for 8 Days?
If someone starved there self for 8 days, Only One fruit smoothie each day, how much weight would they loose??

Don't have a go at me because im not heading to do it. I would just ...

I love my Man, but at a slight mistake he gets really mad at me, what do i do 4 him to believé im not cheating

I go regularly now to 24 hour fitness gym, I need to lose about 200 pounds what exercies should i do?
mostly ive been walking the treadmill for half an hour and riding the stationary bike for 20 minutes and things like that. any hep or ideas or suggestions????...

I'm on a Diet right now, and I'm starving! What can I do to fight this urge to eat? (Already had my calories
.........for the day. It's 3am where I'm at. I work nights, that's why I'm still awake)...

How can i lift my breast without surgery?

Would you rather a size 0, or a curved plus size?

If I am wanting to lose weight should I not be drinking any alcohol at all? x?

Is showering 3 times a week healthy for a man?
it takes an hour each time with all that scurbbing. this is the only work out i get to keep fit....

Protein shake recipes?
Anyone know some home made, low-calorie, protein shake recipes? I just want to know so I can make them at home because they're really expensive....

How in the world can I lose 20 pounds in 2 months???? ?
I'm 13, I'm fat, and I hate it.

I used to be really skinny but the summer changes a bunch. Any way I'm 5 foot 4 and I'm 125. DONT GO TELLING ME THATS NOT FAT!!! I Think ...

Am I Fat, Be Honest?
I'm 13, I'm 5' 0
& I weigh 117-118.

I feel fat, any suggestions to be 100 lbs? thank you!! :)
Additional Details

Exercising for a 14 year old?
I am 14 5'2 and I weigh 113-115.And I try not to eat after 6:00 and i'm drinking lots of water. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 107-110 before Christmas. what types of ...

Do u think this is fat?
im 16 years old and i weight 130lbs and im about 5'4. if i am how much weight should i ...

Am I fat????????
I'm 13 i'm 5'3 and i'm 36 in (bust) 30 in (waist) 36 (hips)
and I weigh 129. I know i'm curvy compared to stick figured people (no offense) but am I fat?...

I am a 16 year old male and I am 5'11 188 pounds i got a fat stomach. Will I get taller if I workout?

Kiki
I would really like to be skinny by next year?
Ahh! I cant take it! Being overweight is horrible! Isnt there anything that isnt hard and is easy to stick to, to lose weight?!

deileenk53
If you are looking for an EASY way to lose weight, you have already lost. If your mind is not set, you will not succeed. You must want it bad enough to lose it and continue to keep it off. Only one way.....diet and excercise.

mf east
get off yahoo answers

Jez2007
Receiving adequate nutrition through a well-balanced diet is critical during childhood and adolescence. Unless a doctor says otherwise, low-carb, low-fat, or other specialty diets for children who are not heavily obese are unhealthy because they deprive the body of the building blocks of cells (namely energy and lipids in the above examples).

The ability of a few hours a week of exercise to contribute to weight loss

i suggest joining a gym that is what i have done and i feel great after i work out it really makes be feel good

also try not to eat

breads
sweets
softdrink
and chips

hope it helps
good luck

dave
I agree completely! I was overweight for 5 years after I quit smoking! I tried everything under the sun to lose weight and none of it worked well. Then I met a guy at work who told me about a nutritional cleansing and fat burning program that would give me the results I was looking for. I used the program and lost 29 lbs in 30 days! It was awesome! It was easy and I felts like a million bucks! It's not a diet or a fast! It flat out works! Email me if you have questions.

Lala
Rating
Take Lipo 6.
It helps you lose weight but you still have to stick to a work out plan if you want it to work better.
Ive lost 10 lbs

scottp5657
Depends on how much will power you have. If you have enough, anything can be easy, I guess. Try varying the healthy stuff you eat. When you let a diet get boring, is when I find it's hardest to stick to. Try websites like www.foodnetwork.com/food/lf_health/ or www.foodfit.com for recipes.

Try running every morning before you go to school or work. Get up early, and go for a jogg. Start slow, and not too long of a distence, then every week, increase speed or time.

That should be good to get you started.

jonasbrothersrmylife
Rating
eat 3 meals a day, (no deep fried stuff) and 3 healthy snacks a day, a bit of cake once in a while doesnt hurt, but really, just stay away from the stuff you know is unhealthy!

heather12_24_93
i want to be skinny 2!

Quicksand
ok there is one thing u can do and enjoy doing it and u can do it if weight 100s it one word { DANCING } by dancing u can do 2 hours of continue dancing and u need to use the bouncing music like ( Brooklyn bounce band }do or (scooter) this kind of music will help u dancing with all ur body and u will lose weight i guarantee that if combined it with healthy meals no crispy and sodas and try eat health a lot of fruits and fresh vegetables by this u will do the job well done by next year good luck and god bless u

Hill Topper
You asking for an easy, no hassle, fun, good tasting diet and exercise program? That is what the world wants. Good luck finding it!

Sammie
Rating
welll either way its gonna be a little complicated and hard to stick to because chocolate is chocolate haha. but seriously, eat healthyer by eating veggies and fruits and protien and grilled chicken is really healthey... and if you want to loose it quick... i would suggest running... because i can loose 5 pounds in one week by running a mile 4 days out of the week. And i wouls start this diet now because you gain 50% of your yearly weight gain during the holidays. so just watch what you eat... OH and theres no way is gonna be gone by january. but if your talking about in a year then yeah easily

Quizard
Rating
Why? love yourself for what you are. people will respect you for what you are not what you look like.

s s
I'm sure you've heard it over and over again, but really, there's no way round it. you got to exercise regularly and try to eat more healthily.
There is no other way. seriously.

What a guy!!
Losing weight is an art form, in that some people find it esier than others. Try the advice on this website, it certainly worked for me. Slowly, that's the secret.

http://www.iansanswers.co.uk (number 2 I think)

No doubt somebody will steal this idea and claim it as their own one day. But it isn't anybody elses, it's mine, and you can all benefit from my advice at no cost at all.

Blokheed
But yet you look so svelte on your avatar.

jackie T
Umm how much do you weigh? I mean if you really wanan lose weight just stick to a good diet dats healthy try to find somthing that you like and shyt it wouldn't hurt to do a few extra pushes

tricksy_mama
Rating
Drink ALOT of water, eat healthy food, no junk at all and excercise at least 30 minutes 3x a week.

butterfliesRfree
Rating
Okay --- here's the scoop. I'm 49 and have been around a LOT with this weight loss stuff. And the older you are the harder it is to lose weight. I lost 60 lbs.......it took a while and I finally figured it out (cuz I didn't listen) that if you lose weight too fast, you'll gain it back REALLY fast and then some. We did weight watchers -- NO NO --did NOT go to meetings. I bought their cookbooks and the food is REALLY good --
ANOTHER good diet is a diabetic diet.....get diabetic cookbooks. I had a diabetic pregnancy -- you eat about 8 times a day so you are NEVER hungry.... For real, you want to lose weight SLOWLY. and do it healthy.

On the Sleigh (again!)
Rating
Nope.

*kitty*
Rating
lay off drinking soda completely, youll see a great change just by doing that. not too much candy, no soda (coke, soda, sprite) and stop the crunchy stuff in bags, thats HORRIBLE! no junk in bags

the body sculptor
Rating
Losing weight is not hard, what is hard is trying to find a formula that works for you.

Instead of looking for a quick fix diet which makes you lose weight fast, but because they are almost impossible to sustain, you always end up putting on more weight when you start craving a normal eating pattern.

Find below some tips that will surely set you on the right track to losing weight and keeping it off for life.

Tip 1
Start with a small goal of doing 20 minutes aerobics first thing in the morning on a empty stomach before breakfast, doing exercise on a empty stomach forces your body to use only fat and muscle mass for fuel. This tip alone will help you drop pounds.

Tip 2
Take a Hoodia supplement, this is from a African cactus plant, which tribesmen used to take when going on long travels, it made them go days without needing food and water, it is great for controlling your appetite and helps you reach your target weight.

Tip 3
Invest in a Low G.I diet book, it is more of a lifestyle than a diet, after reading this book you will never have to worry about putting on weight again, you'll know the exact foods to pick to prevent weight gain.

These 3 tips will definitely set you on the road to weight loss.
Let me know how well it goes.

Rasheed 'The Body Sculptor' Aladel
Personal Trainer
Diet Advisor
Online Fitness Coach

PS. If you would like me to work with you one on one you can find me at http://www.sculptrexfitness.co.uk

Ahwell
Rating
Depends what you call overweight, some people consider a stick insect to be overweight! I'm not with you on this, I would much rather be with someone who is overweight than underweight, skinny is horrible! Dont'worry so much about your appearance, no one else will!

♪Oh.Yeah!♪
SKIP CHRISTMAS LUNCH and LAY OFF the ALCOHOL!... What a DULL Christmas it would be for YOU! =)

zurriolo
Rating
Find something you enjoy to do to get fit, and eat healthy. No so much as a diet, but as healthy habits.

This is what I ussualy recomend as a posible guide line for you to find what could work for you:

Step 1 EATING:

Avoid or reduce fatty foods and sugar. Sugary drinks included. The same applies to white bread and rice, and pastry. Alcohol-

HAVE:
All the veggies you might need, fruit, lean meats, poultry, fish, whole grain products, 2 liters of water, etc.

It is alright to get of this plan everyonce in a while, but as an exception (and without guilt), but try eating like this as a habit.

EXERCISE:

STEP 2 Cardio:
You need to speed up your metabolism to lose weight and gain physical fitness and endurance. So 30 minutes of cardio twice a week is a minimum.

Do what you enjoy: walking, speed walking, jogging, rope skipping, cycling, team sports, swimming, etc.
You need to get your heart rate to a 60 to 70 %. To figure how much is that substract your age from 220, (that would be your personal 100%) and then figure out your 60 to 70 percent.
Or you should work out at a pace where you can say a sentence or two before catching your breath again. Just a few words you are going to fast, a speech and you are to slow.

STEP 3 Resistance trainnig:

You need to tone up your muscles for they are the body fat burners. Also they are the ones that help your bones to keep your body posture (you mention you back and but).
So do some muscle toning. You do not need to bulk up, but to tone up.

Do a toning routine of about 30 minutes two days a week ( at least). From light weights, resistance bands, to good old body weight exercises; (crunches, push ups, squats, leg lifts, etc).

Concentrate on you abs, and lower back specially (core strenght), also on your legs and arms for they are the biggest muscles in our body, they sustain us and give our body its posture. ( Again, remember you mention your back).
Do enough as to feel a little fatigue, that you have worked out, but forget the no pain no gain deal, or the super effort. You should be able to breath continously and naturally throughout the exercises.

If you want strengh and volume adjust your exercises (weights, resistance band tension, etc.) as to able to do about 6 to 9 reps of each motion, and do two sets.

If you want to tone and look rip and cut, (toned) adjust your weights, resistance bands, etc. as to do between 10 to 15 resp and do 2 sets.

With weights it is specially important to be able to do a control movement, not to wiggle, twist your body or anything of the sort. The movement should be isolated and in equilibrium. For back protection both legs shoulder lenght apart, or one in front of the other.

Speed is important, give more speed for a rip and cut look, and be slower on your volume and less reps exercises.
With bodyweight exercises; crunches, push ups, etc. You can not add weight, so speed is very important. Go slow to gain volume or go faster to gain a slick, cut, define look. Also do as many as you can until you feel a little fatigue, but never pain.

Usually it is healthier and lees stressfull for our joints to look fit, cut and lean and not to big and massive. Your back and joints will appreciate a tone body but not a very muscle loaded structure.

Stretch before and specially after your cardio and resistance training, it takes a few minutes and view it as a price for the effort. Be kind with yourself as you stretch. You only need a few exercises to stretch well and rest those muscles.

Above all, be patient. Results will show in little time, but stick to your exercise/healthy eating plan. It is not that dificult and it does not take to much time.
Use the rest days to rest, they are as important as the exercise days-

Keep as active as posible the rest of the day. Try things like avoiding the lift when posible, walking more (get off the bus a stop ahead of time, etc.)

Enjoy. It is something you want and should enjoy doing, so choose the activities you like to do and if posible the time of day to do them.

Cheers.

mr.miriam1024
well this might be hard, but when i was in middle school i was in basketball and that help me loose about 15 pounds in about a month or two. cause ur running alot up and down the court.if u dont want to be in a sport try doing some excercies everyday for about 30 minutes or a hour.if u want to loose weight fast,like basketball, running alot will help, it does get tough sometimes but u should push ur self.i pushed myself and it worked,believe even though ur all tired afterward it feels really good to know u just ran a whole lot.when ur running try sprinting,which is running as fast as u can,in increaments of about a minute and try to set a goal of how many sprints u want to do before the minute is up.it works even though its hard work.if u want something that isnt hard than it will take longer to loose the weight.

Learning and Teaching
Rating
running! i lose weight really easy. but i gain it easy too! it it pretty much evens out. running is your best bet because working your muscle can possibly make you look bigger because of the fact that you are a girl. eat healthy and drink lots of water ;] good luck xoxo.

Nae
Rating
Their is ONE way..and it has been proven time and time again.

Eat healthy
Avoid unhealthy food
portion out your food
excersize (aerobically)

There is NOTHING ELSE..NOTHING.

Internecine Coda
Rating
Nothing that is worthwhile in life is easy. The best way to lose weight is to increase your physical activity, lower the amount of calories you are eating, and focus on eating fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats and dairy.

diving into life
are you clinically overweight? b/c if you aren't CLINICALLY overweight, then don't worry about it. society has been making everyone feel fat.

if you are a little on the heavier side, just take simple steps so that it doesn't seem hard. like, begin to not drink pop. step 1 is gone! every little step you take will make you look and feel better! good luck!
rock on!

clever girl
Join weight watchers it really works, a long time ago I lost almost 30 pounds on there plan. I have kept it off for over 25 years. Every time I go up 5lbs, I go right back on the plan.
Think of it as a lifestyle not a diet. They have great foods and deserts. Get involved with sports, dance, anything you enjoy,
Walk and Walk it off. Next year you will be skinny. I promise as long as you follow your new lifestyle.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy