Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Would i look weird if i went jogging at 12 am???
????...

Am i chubby? pics.?
im 5"8" and around 135 pounds, i hate it when i look bloated, am i bloated? my hips are big, how do i make them smaller?

http://i267.photobucket....

How much weight will i lose if i don't eat anything for 30 days?

Im feeling weird....please help!!!please!!?
It was my holidays so my mum was frequently making fried stuff like french fries and other fried stuff...on wednesday she made fries and i ate them and then she made them on friday and then she made ...

I want to learn to be bulimic...?
i really want to be skiny. and i need some help. i want to be bulimic. but the only problem is...i have tried and its hard to get use to sticking your finger or toothbrush down your throat. i really ...

Do I look anorexic? How much do you think I weigh?
http://img217.imageshack

yes, I am tucking in my stomach, but not very much. I'm only around 5'1, keep in mind. How much does it look like I ...

Is it possible to drink so much water that you die?

Additional Details
To those you say it's called drowning: I said DRINK water, not inhale it! LOL....

What do you do when you feel fat and ugly?
Do you have any coping mechanisms for when you feel fat and ugly? What do you do to deal? Work out? Eat less? Meditate? How do you handle it? I feel like a blimp and no amount of eating right or ...

Poll: Do you like your body?
what do/don't you like about it?

asking this because a lot of people posting questions here seem to not.......

Am i considered overweight?
im 14 and 5'8 and i weigh about 149-150?...

How Much Do You Think I Weigh??
http://i285.photobucket.
Im 5'9
Thnks
=]
Additional Details
I Weigh 112 ...

Am i overweight? fat???
im 5 foot 8 and 121 pounds. im 13 years old. and i feel like im kinda fat but everybody tells me im not. HELP....

OMG! I totally need your help!!!!?
Okay, i wanna go on a diet.
i have a plan, i dont really care if i have to starve myself, i can control my appetite...but i mean, i wanna lose weight though. Okay please tell me if it will work, ...

I felt depressed so i just ate 6 bags of crisps. now i feel even worse because mega CALORIES. what shall i do?

What are some foods that can make u gain weight?

Should fat girls be allowed on the beach......?

Fat? please be honest.?
im a 15 year old girl. 5'9"ish and i weight 123 lbs.
is that fat? please tell the truth,...

I'm 21yrs..108Lbs and 5'3" is that beinf too fat?

Is this unhealthy? Am i really killing myself?
I'm 15 years old and i've had pretty good self esteem my whole life but its not great. I'm 5' 3" and I weigh 109 pounds. I run everyday and I'm not a big eater. I might ...

It's embarrassing... ?
Everyday, I eat breakfast around 6AM, and don't get a chance to eat till 12pm.

And whenever I do that, my stomach growls really loudly to signal to me that it's empty and that I&...

crispy
I weigh 36 stone, I want to go swimming at the local pool, but will people laugh at me? call me a whale?
would you be disguisted?

TULSI M
Don't worry! They will just think you stole Gwyneth Paltrow's fat suit!!!!!!!

Sangmo
Rating
Yes, yes, yes, you know you deserve it, don't let it stop you, but lose weight anyway, and swimming might help.

Liz S
Who cares what they think? You are going to go to the baths to get fit...the only way you're going to get fit is to get swimming, you're making an effort to change!

Yeah so who cares what they think...you're going to look better than them anyway when you've done a few sessions. If anyone does say anthing..they clearly have boring dull lives.

a_rose_by_another_name
Rating
How else are you to lose the weight? You should give a rats a** what others think of you. You are you, you are special. The people that give you a hard time are just trying to make them selves feel better about their crappy life. Don't give them the satisfaction!!

Phantom Viper
Ya know ie just been reading the answers to ur question and to be honest im somewhat shocked, and disgusted by some of the answers some of the low life f uckers have left. My partener is a large lady and has the exact same confidence problem, swimming has been proved as an excellent way to acheive and attain fitness and its a gr8 idea ! " points id like to make....1st of all as for your query to the whale remarks etc ??? well this is where u really need to be brave cos there will be some **** holes there and yeah may well take the piss a bit, i would suggest bieng prepared with a return of insult for example "Hey i can lose weight but what the ***** can u do bout ur face !", that one works well. Go in there feeling that ok so ur a larger person. big deal ! it shows how big of a personality u have and that although u might have a few problems they are able to be dealt with as im sure ur well aware of! So to be honest ignore em, tell em to get lost and for gods sake y let a jumped up teenager (for the bebfit of yahoo answerers reading this MALE AND FEMALE ! females tend to be even cattier but dont have the bollox to say it to ur face so they shalow like that) tell u where and what u can do with your life ! Get down there and good luck to ya. Right as for my 2nd point this is aimed at those lil shiyts that answer thinking its all disgusting and go lose weight etc........listen **** holes when ur in that position and u have had to deal with it well then u have the right to shout till then keep ur butin shut, ur opinion dont count on the basis that u dont have the knowledge of whats its like to be that size so u cant form an INTELLIGENT opinion (Intelligence is a concept totally alien to some people). Right ive had my rant and rave. Good luck to ya, dont let em get u down ur better than that.

boo!
Rating
It's good exercise for you and easy on your joints as compared to power-walking or other stuff. Yes people will laugh, but then again they'd laugh at anything (I've been laughed at so many times before and I'm about 8 stones).
It's not you. It's them.

toomuch
go ahead! Be careful not to slip, ask about handicapped facilities if you need extrahelp to get inand out of pool and not to slip anywhere in poolside or bathroom. Bring someone along that knows you well, you might need some help.
Good luck and try to sign up for fitness classes for those who have difficulties to start out until you can lose .Ask for doctors help. Try YMCA if you have it they have special programs also for life changing classes etc. Ask your doctor about obesity surgery if its an option for you and you cant lose on your own. good luck and keep at it. Your life depends on it..whether people call you names or not is so low onthe totem pole for you now-think of your health as a priority-looks come second.

Catherine b
Rating
I'm ONLY 21st, she says, pulling in her tum,bum etc. I joined a club last week, did the gym, got my coaching, went to go to the pool and lost the nerve. Have been back twice this week done the gym and YES lost the nerve when it comes to the swim.

Next week I am gonna do it, cause those nerves are going to stop me from loosing the weight I need to loose, so at some point they have to go.

And more to the point I know the first time is going to be the worst, most embarassing day yet, but after that things will only get better.

r_w_p_t
Some idiots probably will (see some of the answers in here), but they'll be laughing on the other side of their face when you reap the fitness benefits.
If you can lose 10% of your current weight, you will make a serious dent in the health risks of being your size.
Swimming is the way to go as it is supportive on the body and joints whilst providing a good workout, burning calories. Even better would be to join an aqua-aerobics class. They run at most leisure centres and pools, and are suited to all shapes and sizes. I am a personal trainer, and I went along to one just to keep abreast of current fitness techniques. I was able to make the workout very hard for me (and I am a triathlete) and yet there were old people, overweight people, injured people etc there. Everyone is much more accepting at that sort of class and the qualified fitness instructor running it will make sure that you get a workout to suit your fitness level. Go for it - you've taken the first step in thinking about it. Now it's time to take the next step and get in the pool. Keep it up, and ask you family and friends for support - it is important that they tell you when you are looking better and seem more energetic etc. Good luck - you can ask a free fitness question on my website and I'll answer it

dave p
Rating
don,t think you will be able to get in and out of the pool with any degree of safety

MOUTHY
For starters some people just answer questions to be horrible and chat a load of s***. Don't listen to a word of what they have to say...

I think it would be a GREAT idea for you to go swimming. Some people are small minded and you may have 1 of 2 people stare, just ignore them. Not only is swimming fun, but is a great way to keep fit and exercise. Go swimming, have fun and just ignore people that have nothing better to do then put you down. No one is perfect and we all have things that we feel insecure about. People pick up on low self confidence and then pick on you. DONT let that happen! HAVE A GREAT TIME XXX

TERRY C
I cant say people wont look at you i hope they wouldnt be so cruel and laugh. I suggest you go a few times to like an early morning swim until you get your confidence

OLLAH E
Rating
why do u care about people laughing or not one thing is to be proud of look and no matter what they do or say will not border u.

sandra+3...
Rating
o.k to be honest yes people will look at you, but don't take any notice & try to go during the week in the mornings, may be adult sessions only as this way you will avoid all the kids at weekends and will build your confidence plus it is helping you get fit so get yourself they!

Helen
Rating
Yes probably as people tend to point out others problems to hide their own .

You can either hide away and use their opinion as an excuse or you can take the bull by the horns and go for it , every time you hear an insult use it to reinforce your will power , with determination you will beat them and your weight problem to become a far happier healthier and confident person .

A weak person won't try when they're told they cant do it ,
A strong person see's it as a challenge when told the same .

GO FOR IT !

daisymay
Rating
I expect you will get a few comments. If someone looks different they get comments where ever they go, (short, tall, heavily pierced or tattooed.... People are just ignorant.

Find a time of day when there are less people there, contact the pool to find out the best time of day.

Swimming is good for you, combine it with gym work if you can. Just remember to eat more healthy as well.

It will take time for the weight to come off if that is the intention.

36 stone is not a good weight for anyone to be.

Good luck.

(1 stone = 14 pounds)

pinkbabi
I would not be disgusted in you at all. I would think, good for you, trying to get some excercise. We are not all super models you know. If people mock you then they are petty minded people who have never been laughed at or picked on themselves.
I have never really been overweight, I did put on a little after having my daughter but even then I felt people judged me, especially if I was eating.
You go for it, swim your little heart out, and stick a middle finger up to those who chose to judge you.

I stand up and SALUTE YOU!!!!!

fifi
Try the adult-only swim sessions. Public sessions will host children who are more likely to be open about their amazement of your size. This could be quite intimidating.

Adults probably will shown some sign of "shock", but most people will be polite enough to look the other way.

Well done to you for trying to do something to improve your life.

nert
Rating
Yes, people are generally nasty to people they see as different. But you want to make a change. Go, and ignore them. You're potentially saving your life. You're bigger than them (no pun intended) and leave them in their little minds on their own. Walking is also a great way to lose weight, but swimming is the best anaerobic execise you can get.

Number 3
Rating
I wouldn't be disgusted, and I wouldn't let other people being disgusted stop you. If you want to swim, you should swim.
I regularly went swimming when I was 21stone, and no one ever said anything negative - but I did carry myself with confidence. Hold you head high and be proud of who you are!

Guppy Fish
I've seen people probably weigh more than that swim and they looked like they couldn't give a fig. Cool! :) Just go for it.

london lady
Rating
They might do, they might not. But why let it get to you. I am not fat, but i tell you something now, i am "one of them girls" who you would think would be laughing at you with all my mates and be thinking, urrr disgustigng, WELL YOUR WRONG. i would be thinking good on her, at least shes gonna do something about it. and honestly, you see so many over wieght people these days, that more time they will go un noticed. dont be so self obsessed. get over it, your fat and your gonna do something about it. Go girl. good luck.

wavey
I'd LOVE to think no hun.But in this cruel and nasty world we live in today,I think the answer is probably in the affirmative.Somebody once gave me a piece of advice I've never forgot.If someone is laughing at you and you are finding it uncomfortable,visualize them in your mind as a clown.See all the make-up and stupid clothes and think of the ridiculous behaviors related to a clown.Then see them like that.It works hun.I PROMISE.Good luck
As for being disgusted,of course I wouldn't.

Dragon Empress
Rating
Doesn't matter what other people think or say. You do what you want to do and accept yourself. It's not what's on the outside but the inside that counts. People can be so mean unfortunately.

zeldieuk2002
Rating
it makes no difference if you weigh 36 or 7 stone, there are ignorant people who will stare, they probably wont say anything as they are cowards, if your really skinny they would still find something to take the micky out of, so go swimming, you have as much right to be there as they do. forget about shallow minded idiots and have fun

tennisboyusa
who cares.. just swim!! have fun!!. people are just mean. and umm if you are big... maybe physical activity would be good for you.

Veston Pants
They probably will laugh at you. Some will anyway. Cruel I know. But true.
If you want to shed that weight go and do it. Sod what everyone else thinks.

MANDY S
each to there own,so what if Ur big as long as ur happy, i wouldn't be disgusted x

tayler_lisa
Don't listen to these people! Yes people probably will call you names and laugh and stare but thats is there ignorant abnoxious personalities. You just have to ignore it block them out and think you are doing this for yourself and it will help you! If you ever want to talk i am happy to, i am a personal weight loss coach and love to help people regain better health. I wouldn't be disgusted, i would just want to help you, you sound seriously unhealthy. feel free to give me an e-mail!
little.lost@yahoo.co.uk

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy