Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is it possible to eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes?????
My friends have this contest going to see who can eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes. Does anyone know if a person could do this without having any medical problems??? I'm thinking about asking my ...

If your bathroom scale could talk, what would it say?

Am i over weight?
i am 28 inches around my waist

i weigh 140 pounds

i am 5 foot 10

how can i loose half a stone
Additional Details

Does not doing excersise make you fat?
Even if you diet, does a lack of regular excersise in your life make you gain weight?...

Does you think he's good looking?
http://www.hotchickswith I think he is GORGEOUS. But I just want to know what individual people think also.

Do you think he looks good?...

What happens if i cut soda out of my diet and just drink lots of water?

Do I have a eating disorder?
Im 11.
I don't eat breakfast or lunch, and I eat dinner because my parents are around, but I don't eat a lot of it, and say I had a big lunch. I feel full at lunch, but at dinner im ...

How old were tou when you stopped beleiving in santa?

Is 110 pounds at 5'1 3/4 at 15 years old a bit underweight?
Just wondering? Since people are saying I'm skinny....
Also which side am I on the BMI?...

How can i lose 100 lbs in 3 weeks?
i need to do it fast, without any change in my ways - no excersise or limiting my cheeto intake

by! thanks a bunch! my bf will love ...

Stretch Marks? I'm 14!?
Ok I'm 14 and i have stretch marks on my inner theighs!

How do you get rid of them?
How did i get them?

I'm not fat i do dance 6 times a week and i've had ...

I am 17 and weigh 100 and 5'4" am i too thin?

Am I overweight I am 12,im 5'0 and i weigh 80 pounds?
I always feel sooo fat!!...

What kinds of exercises are there that don't involve a lot of sweating?
Sweat irritates my skin alot. Is there anyway for me to still do exercises without having to sweat so much?...

Do i have anorexia?
I know it sounds crazy to ask but i need help. Im 15 years old and i weight 110 pounds. I don't think i have in intentionally but i hardly ever eat. I normally eat once a day. My hair is ...

What are the chances of me getting my fathers genes?
this is a question about my metabolism. anyway my my mom has a super fast metabolism and my dad has an alright metabolism he could gain weight and still lose weight. anyways im a 16-year old male and ...

Please give me your advice...my younger sister is very overweight.?
My mom and my sister just moved back to Georgia from Alabama. My sister had a traumatic experience when she was 6 and from then gained alot of weight. She is now 15, is 5'8" and weighs ...

Doing the splits? is splits something you can either do or you cant?
or can you become more flexiable and then you can eventually do it, ive beign doing a lot of yogo latley thats why im intrested....

Is working out more than 3 times a week over doing it?
i do a full body workout fri/sat/sun and started adding mon/wed, is that too much????...

Am I getting fat? =[?
I'm about 5'11 and weigh around 9.5 stone.
I thought this was all grand and stuff, but my sister has come home for the summer with a medicial textbook (shes a third year medical ...

jeremy37211
I weigh 340 pounds. I have been trying to lose weight for a while. Can someone give me tips on doing so?

daddiesgrl927
umm...ok...so first start out alking medium distances...like around ur neighborhood....then dooo like 5 times in a row....then start walking to farther places....um dont eat stuff like fries doughnuts...o and remember drink lots of water...think of it as a life plan...EAT HEALTHY...good luck...hope this helped!!!

Steph
Rating
Talk to your doctor, they can help and advice you on a sensible weight loss plan. weight loss pills, fad diets and surgery all carry large risks, so talk to your doctor before you do anything drastic.

GITWITIT
Rating
FOLLOW THE ADVICE YOUR DOCTOR GAVE YOU..YOU DID VISIT ONE, RIGHT????

SkippyJonjones
Congrats on your efforts!! You need to go through a detox phase (approx 2wks). Nothing with white flour. if you want to eat breads/pastas eat Whole wheat (but not enriched whole wheat they take the nutrients out & then put it back in) I buy brown rice pasta @ wholefoods stores. tastes just like the real thing!! No sugar (corn syrup etc.). Learn to read the label (sugar listed 4th or more is ok). Sugarbusters book is a good guideline I bought mine at 1/2 price bks. My daughters teacher weight 350 and she has lost more than 100 lbs.so far .have you ever noticed the more sugar you eat the more you want? eat more high protien foods to keep you fuller longer.Just an example when I used to eat grapefruit i used to put sugar/sugar sub. now when I eat it its sweet. amazing how my sugar tolerance has changed.I've lost about 25 lbs fell off the bandwagon on halloween (candy) i was eating it impulsively. I realized I had to detox again but now I'm on my way again. Everyone says oh a little wont hurt.. you know what I tell them yeah well thats what got me here in the first place ;) best of luck to you !!! hope this helps. also, the teacher/friend she is a member of overeaters aynomous (its for all types of eating disorders anoxreixa/bulemia food addictions etc) she has a sponsor that gives her support that she needs and its free. Dont think of it as a diet think of it as a life style change. Don't forget to exercise!! ;)

chowfun18
Rating
Eat healthier, and maybe twice a day instead of 3 times. Alternatively, eat SMALL, snack-type meals every few hours, it's good for your metabolism; but make sure you're not eating more than you otherwise would. Walk EVERYWHERE you go, keep driving to an absolute minimum. Start going to the gym as soon as you feel able, or buy yourself a treadmill or exercise bike and work out at home. Try to do this for about an hour every day. Don't waste time with pills and don't cop out with surgery - the only healthy way to lose weight is to exercise and watch what you eat.

Jeff
speak to your Dr. about a reasonable diet you can follow.

start walking everyday, maybe twice a day. but when you do it, try and wear some layers that way you can sweat a lot.

join a local gym/ymca... and try and use the swimming pool a few times a week. build that routine from a few times... until everyday. once doing that, you can reduce the amount of times you're "taking a walk"... because this way in the pool your ENTIRE body is working itself out.

stay positive and healthy, and keep a reasonable goal in mind every month, week?

(the jounrey of a million miles, starts with a single step)

doodle
Rating
Hi Jeremy,
I am also trying to lose weight & i'm in the 300s too. I know how hard it is. I stopped drinking regular soda and started drinking water. I have a diet soda every once in a while. I am trying to cut down on high fat foods and i started exercising a little more. Even a little walk or walking down steps has helped. Try not to be hard on yourself-i know i am my worst critic. It took time for us to put the weight on and it will take time to take it off. But we can do it! Hope this helps.
Izzy

Pumpkin
When I was trying to lose weight, I would just do something weird everyday.
Say, if you eat hamburgers a lot. Then everyother day go hamburgerless.
Some days I would wake up and say, "I'm going to walk around my apartment 5 times during the day and I'm not going to eat any breads/carbs". The next day I would say, "I'm going to do 20 sit ups and 10 pushups and I'm only drinking water and eating vegetarian today."

Anyway, I took it a day at a time and lost a ton of weight. My doctor says I'm underweight now. 8-)

Good luck!

Derek K
Rating
try looking into Overeaters Anonymous - maybe they could help you lose the weight just like they have for me - and - miraculously - kept it off for 4 years!

rudys_cutie
i would seriously try working out slowly and slowly work up to doing more. eat smaller meals more through out the day. a great kick off to a diet is the cabbage soup diet. its seven days of a detoxing diet. i helped me.

guywithalotoflifeexperience
Rating
o man - everyone in america has problem doing this and the secret behind the cure to this is... discipline - hard raw DISCIPLINE. OK, so go to men's health and read the articles their. a really good book for maintaining a healthy weight is The Abs Diet book - it gives simple instructions but the big thing is that you need a whole lot of discipline and commitment in order to go through with it. yea, hope that helps

JENNIFER D
There is no easy way.I know we all are hoping and praying some mircle will come along but there is nothing.i recently had the lapband surgery.and i am losing slowly but i am losing.i feel better not looking better yet though,but for me its not about my looks but my health.if lapband isnt a op for you then just start with fruits and veggies and cut down on everything and as far as exercise start with anything you can i know it is hard to do anything being that overweight...anything is better than nothing and as you lose weight all exercing will get easier.i wish you all the luck in the world

towanda
It's pretty simple but so hard to do. You are eating more than your body uses. You have to eat less and/or exercise more. Watch the Biggest Loser. They give them balanced small meals and then exercise the heck out of them and they lose. But they are also checked by a doctor to be sure what they are doing will not hurt them. You need lifestyle changes and Dr. Phil has an excellent book out there about dieting. He also says that to lose weight, you need to figure out why you eat so much in the first place. And then he gives you steps about getting rid of all the junk food and setting yourself up for success. Check out his website to get all the details and the name of the book. Also another very good book that gave me lots of insight into eating properly was Dr. Sears diet book. He doesn't go in for fad or unhealthy eating styles. He talks about eating smaller balanced meals. It was important for me because I am diabetic now and his book gave me some very good ideas about how to combat the disease and eat better. Another good idea is join a group like Weighwatchers so that you have support. It's hard to lose and harder to keep off and support really helps. Getting on that scale in front of other people can really give you support plus I like having someone to call instead of buying that icecream and hot fudge when I have a weak moment. Also if you totally fall off the diet, don't stop, just start up again. And go walk around the block and start building your stamina. If you are afraid you will damage your knees, find a water aerobics class. Stop worrying about your size and just go do it. You will have a much better life and feel so much better about yourself. There's nothing wrong with being big is the biggest crock of all. You know exactly what it feels like and so do I. I have fought it all my life and will continue to do so forever. And last, don't do fad diets. Good luck.

Alice
sometimes we dont realize how much were used to eating, if i were u i would stop finishing my meals leave like half every time, if u still feel a bit hungry fight it (this is when ur body is using stored fat instead of the rest of the food intake to nourish) this way ull loose fat, and also take a class once or twice a week maybe a low impact aerobic class, so u stay in movement for 30-40 minutes, its fun and soon ull see it disappear, but make sure u stay strong and stick to it! xo

Andrew P
I was 320 pounds and I went down to 159 in a year by drinking lots and lots of water everyday. I also drank a lot of grape Gatorade, and ate lots of fruit. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted, I just didnt want as much because of all the fluids. Its a good diet because it invovles putting more into your stomach instead of less, and it doesnt involve any medicines or chemicals.

robbie
First of all - ignore that first answer.

Second- what I find works for me after over fifty years of struggling is to do this:

Cut right back on fat intake, and the easiest way is to try and keep manufactured food under 5g of fat per 100g. I also use mayonnaise instead of butter or margarine in a sandwich - and I use the "light" mayo. I use a low-fat oil spray for frying, and just a small amount.

Try and reduce the amount of sugar you consume. It's one of those "hidden" ingedients that is in so much pre-packaged food.

Reduce portion size. I know it's hard, but if you can take in a smaller amount each time you eat, you will get used to eating less.

Eat more slowly. Put your knife and fork down between mouthfuls and think about what you are eating, so you get some enjoyment from it rather than wolfing it down.

Try to eat a varied diet - but I don't mean cut out ALL the things you like! Just incorporate fruit and vegetables into your day, along with fish and white meat such as chicken and still allow yourself the occasional treat.

Drink plenty of water throughout the day. It's surprising how often what feels like hunger turns out to be thirst.

Obviously exercise is good, but if you do that don't set yourself impossible targets or you will give up on the first day.

One thing that has always defeated me is calorie counting or any of the "fad" diets. By just applying a few basic rules and really only counting the fat per 100g I feel much fitter than I have for a long while and have lost 11 pounds without it being a struggle. It's not a fast method but a pound or two every couple of weeks suits me as it feels more natural and safer.

Suepee
You don't say your age. I am happy you are wanting to do something healthy for yourself. It is a never-ending battle, believe me. I have been there!
See your doctor and have him put you on a reduced calorie diet of fruit, vegetables, meat, milk and breads in limited portions. Eliminate the fast food and high fat foods from your food plan. Start doing some form of exercise even if it is walking every day for 30 minutes. If you can do longer, do it! We gain weight because we take in more calories than the amount of energy we burn with our activity. Join some weight loss group for the support they can give you to keep on the program.
The ultimate is considering the gastric bypass surgery. Your weight is enough to qualify you. I had it done in April and went from size 18 to 8 in 6 months. I belong to a gym and that helped firm up the saggy parts. I have no regrets!

amazingly intelligent
Rating
Yes. Visit your doctor and also ask for a referral to a nutritionist. They can help you. No doctor? No insurance? Go to the nearest county health facility. They operate on a sliding scale or free.
340 pounds won't scale down to a healthy weight over night, so be patient with the process. I'm happy for you that you've decided to lose weight. It will prolong your life and lessen your risk for myriad diseases. Good luck and please follow my advice.

<3
Rating
cut back on the sweets and fatty food. make sure you excercise everyday but dont over work yourself. and DONT starve yourself. make sure you are not going on a CRASH diet... this is bad. also if you skip meals it is bad for you and can cause you to gain weight sometimes. GOOD LUCK!

rae
Eat peanut butter daily; the digestive process will help you lose up to twenty-five pounds a year. Drink lots of water & get plenty of sleep at night time; that will help keep off pounds & help you lose pounds. Make certain that you have a positive attitude about yourself; a negetive attitude will keep you that way &/or make it much harder for you to lose the weight & keep it off. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! Don't drink sodas! I wish you well. God bless your efforts & your accomplishments! God bless you!

kim
eat a healthy breakfast lunch and dinner take walks every day and excercise alot

In God We Trust
Rating
I have a son that weighs over 500 lbs. He went to the doctor and got a full physical examination. He had the "nerve" to be healthy. He walks everyday around our nearby park for at least two laps. The park is seemingly endless. Then his coloring and breathing are greatly improved. He eats salads (mostly) and then goes to school where he is a teacher. Upon his return, he walks over two laps in that same park again. He is then very tired. He eats my hearty homemade chicken soup, watches the "news," grades his papers, prepares for the next school day, takes his daily shower or bath, and then goes to bed. Most importantly, he does this on a "regular basis." It may be "slow," but it is safe. I wish you well. What shall we then say to these things? If GOD be for us, WHO can be against us? - Romans 8:31. The Lord daily loadeth us with BENEFITS, even the God of our salvation. Selah. - Psalm 68:19. Peace, Love and God Bless.

Save the Animals
Rating
Dont use ANY PILLS! Those r for people whi crazy about the way they look and go belemic! Start reading on diet and fitness on yahoo! Insteadg snacking on chips snack on fruits and veggies instead of stuffing your face with cAKE during dessert then eat a fruit SALAD WITH A LITTLE HONEY! Then workout a little gor for a 30 min walk everyday! B4 winter comes! In winter eat really healthy! Then, the limit of calories a day is 2,000, that means you r eating way over that!

Johnblaze613
watch what you eat,exercise, break up ur meals, be patient it takes time to lose weight,

tim y
Rating
get motivated, if you really want to lose weight find motivation and stick to it. Ive been stuggling with my weight and i found a friend who was willing to help me, and motivate me.

bright
if you wanna lose weight naturally then go to the gym watch your carbs and calories and go see a fitness trainer or you can have surgery

daisy
Rating
eat healthily and exercise.

Daniel B
Walk at least 30 minutes everyday. That will give you a increase in your energy. Don't eat untill you are full. Drink that daily glasses of water everyday. Stay away from fried foods. ONly baked. No breads, corn or starches. NO sweets. If you keep this up you will notice a dramatic decrease in weight and increase in your energy.

Tim H
Rating
The most healthy and effective way to lose weight and keep it off is to burn more calories than you consume.

Avoid eating high caloric and high fat foods.

Also, skip junk foods and fast foods.

Pay attention to what you eat, when you eat and why you eat.

Some people eat when they are bored. Don't.

Some people eat when they are sad, angry or depressed. Don't.

Some people eat simply because they are not full any more. Don't.

Eat two or three times a day. Eat foods that have plenty of diferent colors to them. (Green, yellow orange vegetables, etc. Avoid brown foods like processed meats, fried meats, burgers, etc.)

Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. If you need a snack, take a vegetable (not a potato chip) that is high in fiber (carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.)

Avoid midnight snacks. You burn more calories awake than you do asleep.

Also, start an exercise regimen. Start slowly at first.

Walk half a mile for a few days. Build up to a mile and more.

Don't take the elevator. Take the stairs. Give yourself a few extra minutes to climb them.

The questions that you have to ask yourself are how healthy do I really want to be?

How well do I really want to feel?

How long would I really like to live?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy