Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is drinking 8 cups of water a day a good plan?
And when people say 'cups' they're referring to glasses, correct? I'm trying to figure out if this is healthy. What are the pros/cons? Thanks!...

I'm 13. I weigh 230lbs. I'm 5'3. Any1 know how I can lose 100lbs in 7months? I want 2 do it b4 High School.

Someone can you help me?
I fill so affele! I promissed That I would go on a diet! And lose weight so I woudent get picked around at school when it starts. But I just ate at Arbeys and now I fill I'm getting fatter! I ...

What do you weigh?
What is you ideal weight and height?
I will fess up first ,195 and 5"10" wouldn't mind loosing 10...

What do you eat when you've got a cold?
My throat hurts and so does my head... I'm also a little hungrier than usual and definitley tired....

Peanuts - Good or Bad?
Started a new fitness regime, to tone up for my wedding... But I am ruining all my hard work by eating loads of peanuts - I really love them!...

Are they good or bad for you?...

Anyone know any good excercises to do when sitting at a desk all day?
I'd like to lose a few pounds and tone up, but I'm sitting down at work most of the time! Any suggestions?
Additional Details
All great idea so far guys - thanks!...

Whats the quickest way loose weight?

Why am i gaining weight from running and swimming?
ok i have been running almost every day day and swimming about 50 laps every other day. so why am i still gaining weight?
I am 5'3 and i weigh 115 and im 13 before i started running and ...

How can i lose 10 pounds in 1 month?
just dropping a few pounds for school im going into junior high, im 5'3 and 140 pounds im tring to lose 10 pounds in a month or 20 in two months but idk exactly what to do, ...

Do u laugh at fat people?
I dont do u? Some people can be nasty. Iam not fat fat but i have a bit of puppy fat my mum said iam losing weight i want to lose it bit more weight. I eat jacket potatoes with mayo and salad with ...

How many pounds could my friend lose in a week,if she eats only one meal every day?
5 feet 6 inches and 148lbs.
by the way,can the green tea help her to lose weight?...

HOW dio ANOREXIC models STOP hunger pains?
ive heard they eat like cotton or sumthink so its sumthing with a C i think and they eat itso they dont get hungry and it has 0 calories ??...

I am on a diet and I wanted to know what could I eat to stay full longer?

True or False. Do corsets really slim your waist line?
A friend of mine was telling me that a corset can slim your waist. I would like to take my waist down a few sizes and I haven't found anyother exercises to work. I'm slim in build but ...

Why do people here make fun of those with weight problems?
i see a lot in the way people answer, even to some of my questions. not everyone who is overweight is lazy. it's really rude and digusting behavior....

My girlfriend is gaining weight?
Ho do i tell her that she is putting on to much weight, without hurting her feelings. I don't want to lose her, but it's not attractive....

Do you know of a drink that would clean my system out and cleanse my body?
I'm starting to exercise more and I would like to drink something that would clean out my system and get rid of the extra things my body doesn't need....

Does this sound anorexic to you?
So I just got cured from anorexia a few months ago.
Now I know A LOT about it.
Now I see some symptoms in my sister.

1. She constantly looks at her self in the mirror. Like her ...

Best breakfast suggestions when dieting?

Additional Details
Hi guys...currently I am having 3/4th tea cup of cinnamon toast crunch with about 1/2 cup of skimmed milk...the whole thing contains about 150 calories .....its ...

Carly D
I need to lose 20-25 pounds asap?
i want to lose it quickly just to be done with it cause i'm bad @ commiting to a diet.and online everything costs like 500 dollars so I don't know where to turn to because I don't know what works best.it took me 3 months to lose 15 lbs once but I gained it back and more.I'm 145 and 5'2" I want to get down to a range of 120-125. Any suggestions of things that worked? and I don't want to starve myself and have no time to excercise.

katherine_petrey27
Rating
Try the Atkins diet

TheAfrican
go back to your childhood. do 300 or more jump ropes a day. either at one time or incrimentals of 100 per time, but make it to 300 plus each day. ropes cost less than 10 dollars at walmart. and you can eat anything u want. IM me if you want to know more.

Ghetto Gurl!
Rating
SOUTH BEACH DIET..i like it besause it really helps and if u dont chet its really easy to stick too....u dont stay hungry all the time u have like 6 mini meals and very good ones too!..im 13 and i lost 10 lbs in like 1 1/2 weeks so good luck!

madhu k
you can learn a lot from
http://maintain-health.blogspot.com/

cal11dar
Rating
THE 10-DAY REJEUVENATION FAST
In her gem of a book 'Fasting for Regeneration: The Shortcut" Julia Seton M.D. spells out a 10-day fasting program guaranteed to turn back the clock ten, twenty, or more years. It involves eating one meal a day for ten days between the hours of 11am and 2pm, drinking only water the rest of the time. During this meal you can eat anything and in any amount so long as it is within the time frame. Try to eat your meal within one hour. This one meal will come just in time to provide your body with the stimulus it needs to rebuild or regenerate your body. Stay busy and active to keep your mind off food the rest of the time. Stifle the hunger and craving by drinking water. You will find you will need less sleep as the days go by and your senses will become sharper -this is normal. You may also lose a lot of weight, but this is old or unhealthy flesh or tissue which the body needs to get rid of before it can rebuild. You body will NEVER consume its vital tissues and organs, unless they are diseased, and even then it will try its best to repair them. Dizziness(blood thinning) and profuse sweating(elimination) are other symptoms of the fast. Stay seated and wash frequently. Your mental attitude during the fast is very important -it can literally reprogram the way you look and feel, and the success of the fast may depend on it. On the tenth day drink no water and on the eleventh resume your normal diet. The results will be astounding. If you cannot go the ten days, try five, or even two, and you'll still get some results.

lewis t
walk as fast as possible......eat less fat......

.Music.
Rating
it's not worth spending your money on those weight loss packages. Of course you shouldn't starve yourself, it's better to stay healthy and be at your weight than become super skinny. But losing weight takes a lot longer than you think. You can't just snap your fingers and poof! you've lost 10 pounds. Give it time, like around 3 months or so. It's all about patience. They key is that You need to eat in SMALL SMALL portions. And exercise everyday!! Sign up for YMCA or go to the gym EVERY SINGLE DAY. If you don't go everyday , even if you decided to skip a day or so, it is not gonna work. I know it's hard work, but you can do it if you stick to it and commit to it.

jer3830
Rating
Have you considered fasting?

Eat lots of fiber. Fiber will keep you from being hungry and it makes you lose weight through fecal matter.

Victoria
That makes two of us.

wwwwwasds
llol i highly doubt you have no time to exercise. More like you are too lazy. You wont lose and weight without exercise.

Mark
well you cant lose pounds, by doing not thing

you got to move

Jerry Jones
Don't shop online for pills. They just don't work. They all say in small print intended w/ a healthy diet and excercise.
I lost 20 lbs of fat by eating "clean" Cut out fast food - completely. Ate Oats in morning. Boneless skinless Chickenbreast at lunch w/ "Franks red hot" lol (taste like wings) and chicken salad/ tuna salad dinner. Thats it. Was easy for me to stick to that strict diet, not for everybody. But honestly it fell off. 20 lbs no lie. I did 30 minutes on the eliptic trainer 5 days a week. G'luck with your "Easy" solution.

Anjali
Lifestyle change.
1) Eat smaller portions. Stop before you're full. Eat slower.
2) Drink water instead of other drinks (juice, soda, etc).
3) No fast food.
4) If you want dessert/sugar, etc., eat it, but eat a little bit of the good stuff instead of a lot of the cheap stuff.
5)Excercise: try doing something that will get your heartbeat up and make you sweat, everytime before you have to take a shower. It's easier to find time for it when you make it a part of your daily routine.
6)Don't expect an overnight change. Make your goals action-based vs. result based. Goals like "I will lose 15 lbs" are hard to keep because you can't control what your body decides to do, but you can make decide "I will eat smaller portions, and do cardio at least 3x this week."
Also, gradual, steady weightloss tends to stay off.

Good luck :)

Amina R
to no carb diet is good but to lose that much REALLY fast can get unhealty

kiss4u
Replace one meal with exercise. Now the thing is you need exercise that you enjoy to do. Play a sports game ride a bike with a friend and talk while you are doing it. I lost 20 # in two months and did not fell like I was starved. I found a exercise I enjoyed more then eating. Good luck. If that doesn't work find some one that is happy with you the way you are right now.

marta_932011
Rating
my sister used to be over weight too, then she got a dog, that needed excersise too, and had to go poo. So buy a dog, and take it out running!

Dark Knight
Rating
Atkins works the best, but it's not healthy.

If u r in such a hurry I guarantee that you will gain MORE weight back just like last time...

John G
the only way is diet an excercise theres no easy fix you can take pills

froggy_logic
Rating
it only takes 30- 45 mins a day to exercise some how i doubt you are THAT busy to do it. truth be told you probably like doughnutsand watch tv more than you like sit -ups and push ups.

avoid the atkins diet it has long term effects if you stay on it long enough it will damage you kidneys and it is very bad for your heart as well. Dr. atkins had heart diesease when he died oh yeah and he was fat he was 250lbs

irishbarfight
Rating
the quicker you lose it..the quicker it'll come back (not to mention that much more weight ADDITIONAL).

weight loss is difficult (for most) and REQUIRES 100% of your efforts for it to work. You must eat right (cut your calories/excess food), drink lots of water, cut out the junk..AND exercise to see results. If you're looking to lose that much weight in a short period of time..it ain't gonna happen (for lack of a better phrase). Anything you DO manage to lose will be water weight..and that can easily be piled back on..leaving you right back where you started..then some.

jesse
Rating
it's really all about portion control and what you eat. 80-90% of weight loss comes from what you eat. There are no quick fixes for weight loss and should be looked at as a lifestyle change rather than temporary and quick. Check out the food guide for portion control. You don't have to cut everything you eat but eat high fat foods in moderation just like everything else. It take 2-3 weeks to get used to but it works and the efforts are usually sustained if you take this approach. Excerise will make the weight come off faster but I really recommend portion control

arathald
Rating
You don't have to starve yourself, just eat healthy. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and cutting out sugary or overly processed foods should do the trick. Drinking lots of water also helps.

And I have a hard time believing you don't have time. Sure, you might think you don't have time, but you may need to really examine your priorities and find something to cut out to make room for exercise. Your health is the most important thing you own, so it should get a very high priority.

Doing this may not make you lose exactly as much as you want, but it should get you to whatever your ideal weight is for your body type.

Eccentric
try these tips. its free dont spend any thing online.

1) Cook your food without any food oil try to use boiled/steamed vegetables, meat, and lot of salad. U can eat fruits too and boiled/steamed chicken or red meat too but no pork.
2) Potato is strictly forbidden during this diet
3) Don’t eat any type of junk food.
4) Drink at least 3 ltr of water daily. Make ur habit to drink water as much as u can
6) use brown bread
7) use skimmed and low fat milk and yogurt
8) no sugar of any type.
9) First try to avoid any type of soft drink but if u really wants to taste some thing sweet then drink diet pepsi if u like, but just one glass once in a week.
10)U can eat vegetable soap too as much as u can but no corn flour in it.
11) if u feel hungry then divide ur diet into 5-6 healthy meals a day (1 plate size only)
12) one bowl of oatmeal can be taken as a break fast
13) At least take this diet for 3 to 6 months and when u feel that u have achieved your desired weight then make ur eating life style as told above but occasionally u can take other junk food too.

The best indoor exercise machine is tread mill. Run on tread mill for at least 30 mntns daily. and try to extend ur period for one hour

Babies
i'm 5'2 and 145 pounds! i definitely agree with you.. i need to lose some weight. it's not like i'm fat or anything.. but i'm just heavy? i'm pretty slim. i dont have a tummy. and i dont have time to excersize neither. i'm deciding to make a new years resolution to STOP FAST FOOD, SODAS, and all the bad stuff.. and i really hope it works.. usually if you do it with somebody you will most likely succeed. =) good luck!

Joey m
Rating
... get liposuction.

hozer1990
weight watchers?

O_O ;
Rating
Take your body weight and divide in two. Drink that much water a day. Eat smaller portions. Walk for 60 minutes a day.

Proud to be 51
The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in. Period. There is no instant solution - each and every diet plan out there won't work unless you do the above. That's why most people gain it all back.

Losing weight too fast is not healthy, and will guarantee that you gain it back. So just eat more sensibly and take a nice 30-minute brisk walk every evening. I know it's not easy, I've battled my weight all my life. It's easy to know what to do, just hard to follow it. Good luck with your weight loss.

P.S. I had a friend who cut any type of soda out of her diet and she lost 25 pounds in just a few months.

princess e
Rating
chop off a leg ... and your head ... viola !!! 25 lbs lighter

John
Rating
starting eating healthier and run!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy