Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I'm so hungry right now... should I binge and vomit or take laxatives?
i want cheeseburgers, 10 of them and french fries!...

How much weight do you lose if you don't eat for a few days.?
And the only think you did is drink water?!
Additional Details
I understand i'd gain it back, but would if i started to eat ...

Is moldy bread OK to eat?

If someone is desprately trying to lose weight, do you think they should turn to anorexia?

Am I Overweight? Just Curious?
Hi, this is Emma on my cousin's yahoo.

I am 13 years old, weigh 142. I am 5'6.

Am I overweight, just curious. and a little self-concious.

Thanks =]
A...

Can i lose 10 pounds in one month and a half?
Hi, im 14 and i do 8 miles every day but not in a row.
I eat wright too.
Im over weight and i need to lose at least 10 pounds or more.
Is it possible for me to loos that much weight ...

I diet coke bad for you??
is diet coke bad for u and does it really slow down ur metabolism? like i am a 13 year old dancer and i weigh 106 pounds. so would it really be bad for me to drink it if it does?...

Am i overweight?
Hi im 5' 4 1/2" and i weigh 123 lbs. am i overweight?...

How old do you think is acceptable to go out drinking?
im fifteen and almost every week i get totally wrecked
everyone says our group are pissheads and i kinda agree but alot of people are doing it!

confused.com!...

Am i fat???????
I am 12 and weigh 133 pounds.MY doctor says its all muscule but i am not sure.I do a lot of sports. Someone give me advice.My confidence is low.

-Don't be mean ...

How can someone get a big butt?
without plastic surgery. what is best to do?...

How can I loose 10-20 pounds in 2 weeks????

Does gum make you gain weight?
I chew a lot of gum...does this add on pounds?...

Starving?will make me lose weight??
hello everyone. i want to lose 20 kgs in 6 months; is it possible if i starve myself most of the times; n when i want to eat sthing i eat a frauit or drink only water. am fed up that others look at ...

Whats the best method of putting in contact lens?
i have tried many ways like up down looking when i put them in but they fall out until about the 10th go. taking them out is a piece of cake. 10 points for best answer!!...

Men!!! I'm 5'9, 123lbs, and a size 2. Would you consider me too thin or average?
I do eat and I work out at the gym to stay toned. Ladies your input is welcomed also....

Am i overweight? Answer!?
OK I'm 13yrs Old

Weight- 125lb

Height- 5'6 ft

I gained about 6lb.. Now that school started I even eat less.. I don't eat breakfast (don't like ...

How much should a 14 year old weigh.?!?
how much should a 14 year old weigh, i wear a size 3 or a 26 in garage. uhm, how much should i weigh .?! , am i average. i think im fat....

How tall are you and how much do you weigh???

Additional Details
im 5'7" and around 129 lbs.(sometimes less)...

How can I support my girlfriend with her new year diet?
Should I join in? Should I be strong when she wants chocolate or let her have a few chocolatey pleasures? Any help or advice will be appreciated. She doesn't want to fail again, it's not ...

blahhhhhhhh
I just want to be THIN!?
i am having the hardest time staying motivated to lose weight. i work out religiously, although it probably helps just keep me at the weight i am am and keeps my heart healthy above anything else.

my problem i eating!! i definitely eat when i'm stressed or bored which happens more often than not most days. i'm usually not even hungry when i decide to eat. i'm not overweight at all, but i just can't stop this eating and instead of maintaining this weight, i'd like to lose about 10 pounds of it.

what are some ways to stay motivated? or to not eat as much as i do? help meeee

sweet pea
Rating
I have the same problem....
I 've found that the more you keep occupied with things, you eat less, going Shopping, walking just around the block listening to iPod, and maybe even a hobby like Knitting or Crochet

Andra J
Rating
it is excellent that u work out. i have machines up the *** and do not use them. i cannot say how much LOW CARB HI PROTEIN works. u will not be hungry and will see results fast, fast fast. buy a carb counter and create your own diet. good luck, Andra

hppy2b
the best way to lose weight is to have a friend loose with you. or join a group on the internet that will talk ,to you about losing weight a healthy way!! good luck

fawkyah
Rating
stay tht way

Ldy Bug
You really just have to find a substitution for food. When you eat because you are stressed or bored it is really unhealthy. Try to find a hobby- like running, tennis, golf, playing with your dog- to relieve stress and boredom. You will not only loose the weight, but you will be happier with yourself! Good luck!!

Adam W
The human body will burn 2000 calories a day if you sit around doing nothing but watching tv. Working out increases that number...but if you take in 4500 calories a day, you won't be able to burn enough calories to take any weight off.

Southern California Belleâ„¢
..♥.. an IPOD !

Snowflake
BE AROUND THE PEPS THAT YOU REALLY LIKE AND START TO DO HEALTHY EXERCISES AND WORK OUTS!!

SORRY FOR THE CAPS!!
DANIELLE

*~Confused~*
keep busy. i also keep diet soda in the house and drink that when i feel i need a snack

XEmo.MajestyX
Rating
Well, something I've learned from watching my cousin nag about being overweight and crying about it, is that sobbing will never resolve it.

Whenever someone calls her fat, she cries, but what does she do about it? She goes on "diets" but whenever she has a chance, she eats little junk food (which can contain more calories than a normal food serving) or a lot of it. Whenever she sees ice cream, she goes and gets some of it... what's up with that?

One thing I also learned at Health class, is that you will not loose weight fast, since you did not get it fast. Another thing is, the reasonable amount of pounds to lose each week is only 1! Don't try to go over that, it can be very unhealthy for you and your heart.

To lose one pound per week, the only thing you have to do, is find out how many calories you usually consume per week, then if you want to lose weight, eat 500 calories of those per day. Make sure not to go over that. 500 calories less per day, will reduce one pound per week. And no, eating 1,000 calories less per day, might work, but its bad for you.

Hope this helps!!

-ps, don't go nuts over this if you're not overweight! :D

joejohncvn70
Dont stay home all day where there is food! Mix up your daily routine.

OJD Positive :].
Rating
i have the same problem!!!
cuz when im bored or stresed i eat too but i eat healthy stuff or stuff with no calories of fat like fruts mnms saltiene crackers and i but low calorie snacks and pig put on them!
it works! beleve me!
or it might just be becouse im only 13...
but you might be only 13 too...
or you could be old...
HAPPY HANUKA!
= D!

Kati S.
I would say when you get bored to maybe go for a walk or read a book or e-maill or IM someone then you will get unbored and wont even think about eating and if that doesnt help just snack on fruit ot somehting else healthy.

t.gun29
Rating
I know how you feel.
My formal is coming up in a couple of days.
So it makes it easy if you have something to work for.
Like keeping thin to look good for a special occassion, etc.
I also eat when I'm bored or stressed out.
You have got to try and keep busy so your mind is off food.
If you set goals too, like say, lose 2 kilos or however much in fortnight.
Then you have something to work towards.
Its difficult.
But it may work.
Try it.
Hope it helps.

Daniel L
Rating
exercise

girlwhoknowsitstrue
When you get stressed, try to occupy yourself for 15 minute doing something else - anything else, read a newspaper, walk the dog, watch TV - cravings usually only last that long.

If you have to give in to a craving, then take the amount of food you want to eat, put it in a bowl, and only eat until the bowl is empty.

Stop thinking about losing weight, stop weighing yourself.

BTW, the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose of all - which is why it works better if you don't become conscious of it.

Dorkwad
Rating
This sounds so stupid, and I often recommend it, but that's because it works and it's fun!

I got my friend involved a few years ago with DDR or Dance Dance Revolution. Since then, she’s watches what she eats, and shes been frequently playing this game. It’s helped her a lot; She's thinned out, and it keeps me looking normal. I’m not very motivated when it comes to working out, but I love this game, and it makes working out fun. We go the arcade often for about 5 hours to play, and we’re drenched by the time we get home. It works out your leg muscles too!

Find a friend to work out with/walk with or use an mp3 player/music. You can also make goals and reward yourself once you reach them!

Best wishes! :)

rep25
I'd shake up my workout a little if I were you - sometimes that can kick-start your metabilism. Like trying weights instead of running, or doing stairs. As for motivation - that can only come from you. Decide how badly you want this. Also, what specifically triggers you to eat when you're not hungry (there's usually something)? Try replacing that with another activity - probably better be something you enjoy, else you won't stick with it. Ex. - take up a musical instrument and practice instead of eating. I don't know; it'd have to be something that works for you, takes some concentration, and is enjoyable.

Mr.Jameson
Rating
OMFG same here!!!!!! if that happens to me i just watch a MODELING SHOW lol or ill put on 8th and Ocean, ANTM and i feel fat even thow im hungry as any thing!
or look at a Vogue Mag. and look at those skinny hotties lol or better Watch SIMPLE LIFE and look at Paris Hilton and youll be on your way to thin happy! LOL NOOOOO LIESSSSSS IT WORKS FOR ME LOL!

jade_2011
If you are not overweight at all then you are worrying about nothing. You need to do activities that take your mind off food and drink lots of water. You can snack on carrot sticks,celery,cucumbers,radishes all you want they have hardly any calories. Please don't let yourself get too thin everyone looks better if they aren't TOO thin.

psacheerleader
Rating
try these:

eat frequent, small meals (like 6 times a day!) - it boosts your metabolism AND keeps you full, plus you're eating more frequently (just not as much each time) so maybe you can "trick" your physce.

chew gum - I think you like having something of flavor in your mouth..and the minty-ness will discourage you to grab a bag of doritos

drink water - helps you lose weight and its the same idea as the gum - something in your mouth.

good luck!

karyl
Rating
have a meal plan. exercise more often. don't eat when you're stressed. judt do something to forget foods.

Fei Fei :]
eat healthier.
go work out w/ a friend.
don't obsess over this...
and DON'T starve yourself, it never works.

roast_breadfruit
Rating
I have the same problem!

grace k
get some hobbies, be with people more.

my heart belongs to youu <3
try to go to more places where you cant be bored and your constantly moving. try going bowling woth some friends or going to a favorite mall and avoiding the food stands. ha ha ha.

i have like the same problem!

steverose_us
Get the South Beach Diet because you can eat a ton and drop the pounds but it all begins and ends at the shopping cart-only have on hand what you can eat and dont take home anything else.

Sambo51slc
You stated emphatically that you are not overweight at all. And then said you'd like to lose ten pounds. Six small healthy meals is just fine. The problem sounds like it's more how you view yourself or an obsession. If you're not at all overweight then be proud and stay focused on healthy eating. Also heavy exercise will produce more body weight with more muscle growth.

*Pucca*
well if your not over weight at ALL then just stay how you are...instead be happy that you are not like any other person who eats one piece of riice and before they know it they are bigger than a whale...but if you dont like the idea that you are a compulsive eater then eat pill prscribed by the doc..

;D

sweeteenpeach
Rating
I would throw away anything unhealthy from your panty/fridge, and go to the store and buy really healthy sugar free stuff, so when you want to eat a lot you dont have to worry about gaining a whole bunch of weight.

Kelsey
Well if your problem is eating when you aren't hungry, try instead chewing some gum(sugar-free would be best) or eating something healthy like a salad or an apple.
Just make sure that you're eating enough. If you exercise a lot you shouldn't be starving yourself too

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy