Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Can you really bounce if you are fat enough?

Need to lose inches but no motivation.?
I need to lose around 3 inches around my waist but I can't stick to a healthy diet without going broke and I don't have a lot of motivation to get up and exercise. Anyone have any tips on ...

How many pounds in 1 stone?

How much water should you drink to keep you healthy?

On average.. how many times a day should a person go number 2?? I usually go every other day..?
Im not constipated or anything.. ive pretty much always been like this...is this normal ?.....

How can a 15 year old male gain weight??
i am 15 years old 5'6 and about 105 pounds. i am small for my age and am looking for ways to gain weight like what i should eat. please if anyone can answer my question that would be ...

AM I fat?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!?
okay so im 4 10. 85 lbs. and 6th grade. am i fat?!...

If i BARELY eat from now until.........?
monday how much weight will i lose?

( i dont waant to hear: you should really eat healthy)

and barely meaning like today i ate like 15 pieces of pasta with some tomato sauce<...

I need too lose 100 pounds by september of next year. I need advice on how to do it in a healthy way. How?

How can I lose 18lbs Before saturday?
I weigh 118 and I want to lose the 18lbs before saturday because I have a concert and me and my friend are gonna have Our older bros help us crowd surf and the lighter you are the hugher you can be ...

What is your name?
what is it??? mine is ...

Should children not be allowed to eat too much candy?
Is it really bad or just another misconception? I have a friend that does not allow her toddler any candy, she talks about how it would damage the kid's ability to taste other flavors (salty, ...

What is your favorite part of the human body?
Mine gotta be the thigh and the butt girls have great thighs and butts lol ^_^

pwned!!!...

I am 19...105 punds..and i wanna be 120...what can i do?

Additional Details
I dont want o gain muscle! lol i want my butt back...i want fat mass...... My name is Kawana and II am a white ...

How do I get skinny?
I need to get skin but I dont know how to start since i live in apartments where they dont allow ridin things SO HOW CAN I LOSE 10 POUNDS IN A MONTH...

Help a fat girl?
im in desperate need of help im 27 15 stone and scared i wnt see my son grow up i need to do something but dnt know how. Pls no fat jokes or mickey taking im desperate pls help diet and ...

Does anybody else srtuggle to drink the 2 litres of water you need a day?
not including water in tea,coffee............

WOULD YOU RATHER BE BULIMIC OR ANOREXIC? PlEASE ANSWER!?
Would you rather be bulimic or anorexic?...

How tall are you?
How tall are you? Are you happy with that height or do you wish to be taller/shorter? And why?
Additional Details
By the way: I'm ...

In order to loose weight quickly which one is better?
swimming
jogging
walking
yoga
joining gym
or comibantion of any 2 or 3....

Health nut/Extremley Active
I heard eating food at night IS NOT FATTENING??
Is this person right, or just high?? lol

Robert F
Rating
sure if u want to balloon like a blimp

pretty shy
Rating
Well, if it's a low calorie food then its alright, and if you're staying up late doing something. Because, remember, eating late is bad because you go to sleep and dont burn enough calories to get rid of what you just ate. So eating at night isn't really that good for unless you are like... running an all night marathon...

dave
i have heard people say both.

I have heard jillian michaels (from the biggest loser) say on her radio show that it doesn't make any difference what time of day food is eaten at

i have also conventionally learned that eating food later at night is not good due to metabolism being slower than during the day.

I am going to stick with conventional wisdom and state that it is not good. It's best to eat 6-7 small meals every 2-3 hours so that your body is always burning energy.

Sarah
Rating
No. This is not correct. If you eat food before you go to sleep, your body isn't doing anything to work it off, and your metabolism certainly isn't running as fast as it does when you are fully conscious. Basically, the food you eat before you sleep sits in your gut and doesn't digest like it does after lunch or breakfast, therefore it turns to fat. : (

Claire M
Rating
well if theyre high let them eat cause theyre probably hungry....but don't tell them thats complete ****. actually i heard somewhere that if you eat past 9:00 it goes straight to your ***...that might be false too.

witch2order
Rating
That person is pulling your leg. Eating at night is not advisable and in fact makes you pile on the weight faster.

call the doctor i got obamafever
lmao. you heard wrong girl.

Hrisy
Rating
As a whole eating at night is not very good thing to do! 'Couse the stomach will not digest the food very well. Don't do that! (my advice) :)

charlie's angel
It depends on who you talk to on what answer you will get. I believe that if you eat fruits and light low fat foods at night, that they aren't fattening, but if you are eating a tub of buttered popcorn before bed, that could certainly lead to weight gain in some people.
The best thing to do is eat a healthy balanced diet, and not worry about the myths and such. Talk to your Doctor about what is the best eating plan for you.

Kavasa
Rating
That is dead wrong.

Any doctor or fitness expert will tell you that your best bet is to avoid eating within three hours of your bed time. When you sleep all processes slow down, even heart beat and breathing. You barely burn any calories and the food doesn't digest properly.

So, it's best to go to bed without a full tummy. Your friend needs to check his/her facts.

Leanne
Rating
its very fattening! eating food at night makes you fat

Frankie
It depends on the person. I know people who can eat all they want at night and dont get fat and i know people who just look at food at night and they gain 5 lbs.
We are all different.

jhundevilla
Rating
Every food whenever taken in more than required is fattening.
Activity after eating will likely utilize food you take as a source of energy.
Non-activity like sleeping will lessen your consumption of energy, hence, the food you take will be converted to fats and proteins.
Unless, you sleep during day time, I know you'll get the answer and I hope I had helped.

tommybear45
it sounds like the
Munchies to me
LOL

i wish

lynnjonesknight
Rating
Night is the worst time to eat because you go to sleep and your body stores it as fat.

katydint
Rating
You heard wrong.

Joker 1
I had this very conversation, with my doctor a couple weeks ago.

He said, " While it's prefered, that you don't eat at bedtime, its the total number of calories, you consume in a day that really matter".

He also added, "Most people who eat late at night, have already eaten their three meals for the day and their consuming excess calories. Now if you eat little during the day, like a bowl of cereal and just a sandwich later on, you can eat late at night. "

Then he said "You won't get fat if you eat your third "reasonable" meal late at night. Again as long as your consuming, a reasonable amount of calories"

Queenie knows it all.
that's so stupid

christigmc
Rating
Eating food at night and eating food in the morning has the same effect. So if the food is fattening, eating it at night is fattening.

Your Best Fiend
Eating at night is not more fattening than any other time. Calories are calories. If you expend more calories during the time you are awake than what you eat, then you will lose weight. If you consume more calories than you burn during the day (and at night because it takes some calories just to sleep), then you will gain weight. When you eat doesn't matter. What matters is the number of calories you consume.

Heck if all you ate was fat and you burned more calories during the whole day (24 hour period) than you ate. Then, you would lose weight.

runnttombobob
Rating
the person is definitely high, eating food no matter what time of day has the same fat/nutrient intake every time, it all depends on how you cook it too.

racy_tracy_70
I would say high! It's what you eat that is fattening! Although I've been told and try to make it a regular practice, that eating after 6 pm is not good. Most people have down time after 6pm and are less likely to burn off what they eat after that time.

Randoming
Rating
I don't notice any difference unless I sleep within the first few hours after eating.

Don't eat too close to bed time. That's how i gained a lot of weight years ago. When I started waiting a few hours (even to take naps during the day: you'd be surprised how well naps actually helped, though), I lost a lot of weight.

Pay attention to your body's patterns, though. It might actually vary.

I've always leaned toward odd sleep schedules. Time of day alone never determined my weight gain or loss. Excercise, food choices/portions and sleep habits have. Lack of sleep equals vulnerability to weight gain. I have seen this even on my more strict diets.

Joker1's comment is similar to me. It's usually a bowl of raisin bran at night (after a bowl during the day and a resonable size dinner). Sleep about four hours later.

blaze23
Rating
Your metabolism slows down at night so yes it is absolutely fattening even more so than during the day.

Sticky Wicket
Rating
Eating food before you go to bed is bad because you aren't working off the calories.
That person is wrong.

luke b
well, if you ate a block of butter before bed that would be, but having a good healthy meal or snack before bed is not.

The person who told you p[robably means that you dont have to not eat before bed, because most people think that you dont burn calories in your sleep...
you do, your breathing and your heart is beating so you need the calories to get you through the night,

so it is ok to eat before bed, I think thats what the person means...

if not, probs high?

cabanacutie022
Rating
my health teacher said that's a load of bs. whatever you eat has the same effect on you, no matter if you eat it in the morning or at night.

luggage3000
stoned...food is no more or less fattening at night.

Genie♥Angel
Rating
Personally I can't figure it out. A calorie is a calorie, whether you eat it at 2 pm or 2 am.

Also a calorie burned at 2 pm or burned at 2 am is the same also, so I don't know how much I believe it's such a big deal to eat in the evenings as long as your TOTAL calories for 24 hours is curbed.

sandy
Rating
no more fattening than eating at any other time.

its just your daily calorie intake or fat intake or whatever that counts.

when you eat doesnt matter, really.

as long as you burn it off at some point.

i know people always claim it is more fattening, but ive eaten a ton at night on diets and still lost weight.

like,
if you eat 2,000 calories a day and burn 2,000 calories, then you wont gain weight.
doesnt matter when you had those calories.

you may not be burning them off RIGHT AWAY, but as long as you burn them off eventually, it doesn't matter.

trust me.
its fine.
people dont know what theyre talking about.

Kenndy
He is probably high.
I tried that before. I went to sleep after I ate a cup noodle and the next day. my face looks wider and I look fatter.
I watched TV once and I remember a model said it's not good to eat the 3 hours before you sleep. Of course, she is not any scientist or anything. However, I still believe her that eating before you sleep will definitely make you fatter.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy