Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How much will i lose if i go on a 5 day fast?
I know its not considered healthy but i just want to do it to get started on, and motivate me to lose more.

After, this fast i will be going on a regular diet like eating healthy & ...

How come its ok to call people too skinny but its not ok to call people fat??????
People say im too skinny all the tym and its really annoying as i eat what i want and stay the same weigh, but if i turn round to them and said that their fat its not ok and they n people say oh my ...

Which should I quit first...my 4 pack a day cigarette habit or the 12-14 Coca Cola's I drink per day?

So, am I fat?
Sometimes I feel so fat and ugly...so I wanted to ask here, since I'll get the most honest responses.

I'm 5'6" and 102 pounds....

If I did 1000 sit ups and 500 push ups a day...?
Would I see any results in say a week? Or would it take longer?
Additional Details
I only have a 2 pack lol and I wanna be the ...

Im home all day and im bored and i like ot eat alot , whatdo i do?
im exercising also and eating mainly healthy but ijust love to eat and love the way food taste i just eat even after the point of being ...

Do I weigh too much?
I am 10 years old/almost 11. And my height is 4 feet 30 centimeters. I weight 80 something....

Is picking your nose bad?

Do you feeel good after a good workout??
i do!...

I just want to be THIN!?
i am having the hardest time staying motivated to lose weight. i work out religiously, although it probably helps just keep me at the weight i am am and keeps my heart healthy above anything else. <...

I weigh 92 pounds and I am 12 is that o.k.???
Is that o.k....

Is it okay if I don't eat?
every other day. I exerisce and eat healthy, but its not coming off....

Is this considered over wieght?
a female who is 13 and is 5 feet 7 inches ways 150 pounds.
is she over weight?...

Am i FAT?!?
5ft 4in

130-133 ...

At 12 years of age at "5.4" is 108 pounds normal?
Is that overweight?...

How do u get rid of constipation?!?

How tall are you?
im 5"7. u?...

Curvy or skinny?
I am a uk size 12 and sometimes feel quite big especially compared to other girls is it too big?...

Am i overweight?
ok i am 13 and i weigh 115-117 pounds..am i overweight?
Additional Details
i am 5'4 ft ...

If someone called you fat would you?
a) Get there as* in a bear trap
b) Donate to charity
c) Go eat your troubles away
d) O...

Barbara S
I don't think I'm anorexic, But...?
I'm really self conscience with the way I look, And constantly I look in the mirror and can't stand how fat I look.
I feel like I have The biggest stomach, especially after I eat.
I am 5"4, 15 years old, Female, And 86 pounds, I never got my period (my mother got hers, at 13), and I am a size 32A in bras, and a size 0 in clothing. I try to eat only healthy, No soda, No Junk food, or Fast food, Fruits and Veggies, Lots of water, organic things,And I exercise at least 4 days a week, for about an hour. i am almost always cold, and shivery, and shaky, and dizzy.
On a daily basis I eat about 500-700 calories a day. I feel like I should be eating less. SOmetimes I make up excuses for not eating.
I really think I'm huge, please don't take this question as a joke.
Is this anorexia? Am I fat? Am I starving myself?
Here's a picture of me:
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p126/katemister92/?action=view¤t=deallll.jpg
Additional Details
Here's another picture of me, I am all the way to the right (My stomach is showing):
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p126/katemister92/?action=view¤t=becvonnandme.jpg

juju
Rating
You are not anorexic (yet). Do you take vitamins? If not you need to start. You do not need to eat less you need to eat more. Do you eat any meat? You might need more protein in your diet. You can eat eggs, beans, nuts and fish for protein if you are not a big meat eater. You need to talk to your doctor and get blood work done to see if every thing is ok. No you are NOT fat!

bridget
Your not fat at all. Just remember, whenever you have an eating disorder, you can stop it always somehow. Just don't worry too much about what you look like. just think about how people see you on the inside. Good luck! ! *-*

♥Selena♥
omg you need to eat more!!! you are supposed to be eating atleast 2000 calories a day!! you are way under weight. i weigh more than you and im younger than you! you should gain like 15 pounds seriously

Jayde A
I think you do have a problem and it could easily turn into anorexia. The fact that you havn't gotten periods yet is a sure sign that your underweight and under feeding yourself. You would be much more attractive if you put on weight, you dont need to starve yourself to be beautiful. Start eating properly and dont think you are fat because you are very tiny

deaddiscodork
Rating
You sound like me. I was in highschool when I started to fast for days at a time bc I thought I was fat. Then I started to count my calories as well, about 200-500 was the max. I was always in sports and stayed active all the time. I have never been diagnosed with anything but that doesnt mean that I didnt need help. Then when I got really out of control my mom made me get help and I blew up like a balloon. I gained about 50 lbs in about 8 months. I was pissed and still am about it so I have went back to my old ways and you know its not worth it. I dotn know what is right or good for me anymore. You are sooo under weight but its in your brain and only you can fix it, if you really want to.

mileycyrusrox55
Rating
Hey dont stop eating its unhealthy, the only thing you can do here is just eat healthy fruits and vegetables and healthy stuff and exercise. 86 lbs is not big for a 15 yr old (im only 11 but my sister is 15)

Skelli
You are not eating enough calories. You're depriving your body of the nutrition it needs. You may not have gotten your period yet because your body is not strong enough from eating so few calories. I suggest you talk to your parents about this and ask to get counseling, or talk to a teacher or school counselor if you're not comfortable talking to your parents. You really need to get help before you hurt yourself badly. Poor nutrition can stunt your growth and weaken your bones. Please do something now.

mason pearson
Rating
You are not fat, you are in fact way underweight. You have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 14.8 below 18.5 is considered underweight.

You should talk to your mom or a counselor. By asking this question you have shown you have concern.

You are a very pretty young lady, so eat something and stay that way....

Alive with the Glory of Love
Rating
500 calories a day is not healthy at all. I know you said you try to eat healthy, but that dosent mean depriving yourself of food. your symptoms of cold and dizziness could be a sign of anorexia. you are absolutely not fat and if you checked out you BMI, it would most likely say you are very underweight. a lot of girls around your age have self-esteem issues and weight is a big one. you are a beautiful girl and are not fat. try eating more food, not junk food, but healthy food. dont try to eat a lot at once, it will make you sick. if you still need help, try to talk to your friends (you know, the ones in the second pic?) and if you dont feel comfortable talking to them, try an online support group. i hope you can find help in whatever you need. :)

Alex
Rating
Oh hunny, your just fine. 86 sounds small...you need to eat 2000 calories a day. It is okay, to eat healty, but dont over do it. Your blood sugar will drop dramaticly, you will start having migranes, that happend to me over the summer, so bad, i went to the ER, and you can get diabeties, Bacterial meningitis, just from blood sugar and it weakins your immune system, making you more prone to cancers and diseases.
get well soon.
-Ashers.

christina71093
Rating
u might be anorexic b/c ur rele skinny

yyyyyy
Rating
I think you should talk to your school counselor or someone you trust like a coach or teacher who believes in you. You have SOME of the characteristics of anorexic girls, like an obsession about looking fat (when you obviously are NOT) and thinking about how much food to eat, not eat, etc and yet you are hardly eating anything for someone your age

PLEASE talk to someone about your thoughts, attitudes, and body image because anorexia is real and it can be very tough to fight against

Lori
sweetie, you are anorexic. im sorry, but you are as thick as a twig. you are not fat and you really should go to a doctor soon. 86 pounds for a girl your age and height is not healthy. you should be around 115-120. the dizzyness is because you are hungry; same for the cold and shivery and shaky symptoms.
please go to a doctor and/or a psychiatrist.
you are not fat!

Shirely H
Rating
Wow!! Your really sknny!

♪♥♫◦°°◦ Ann°°◦♫♥♪
no ur not fat . . . and ur not anorexic, juss keep the weight from going down.

Awkward
Rating
Damn. Eat an effin' hamburger.

--Me

jt_eradicator
You look pretty good to me (definitely NOT FAT) but I would try taking in another 300-500 calories if I were you. Your BRAIN needs sugar to work properly too (probably why you feel dizzy). That's fantastic that you don't drink soda- try drinking a tall glass of skim-milk every day. It will be fantastic for your growing bones. You also want to sneak in some protein- try a healthy BEAN spread make with olive oil. YES, olive oil has FAT, but it's GOOD FAT that keeps the bad fat in check. Ask your biology teacher to explain it to you. So milk 100 calories, 2 tbsp bean spread on a whole wheat pita made with olive oil another 100-200 calories.
If you are soooo OBSESSED about the way you look then maybe you might want to talk to someone about that- start with your Mom or Dad.

starfish8719
Rating
Love go and get help you are on a verge of Anorexia. This is not attractive you are only 15 OMG. i think you know that u are to skinny too. Listen to what you wrote read it back to yourself while looking in a mirror.

I don't understand how people like you can think that they are fat but you must have a big problem and you need to get help.
your 15 Love

daniel
Rating
HECKS NO
YOUR EFFING GORGEOUS :]
PSST IF YOU HAVE MYSPACE ADD ME :]
www.myspace.com/elites_rule

this guy i know
Rating
It didn't really look like it, but damn 86 pounds, that's skinny! And I'm saying these words comming from an extremely skinny boy. lol

LC
you should be eating more than 1000 calories a day so it souinds like you starving yourself... and if you cansee bones your not fat... i think you should lay off the exercizing and just consider gym at school and what you do with your friends exercizing like if you go for walks together or playing a sport.... and a size zero means nothing so how could you be fat ??? and after you eat you stomach bloats cause your so skinny it has no where else to go ... try talking to your mom about how much your retricting yourself

LoseVulture
you got to Eat More!!! your body is bearly developing and your going thru the age where you need the more nutrients to grow up healthy and good. its good that your eating healthy.. but part of being healthy is eating everything in portion sizes... start getting more food in you girl.. your not fat. not even clothes.. eat at least 5 to 6 times a day but portion yourself.. even eating alot of good can be bad.. and last but not least TALK TO A DOCTOR if any questions.. believe him or her when he or she gives you a diet... good luck and be carefull...

Jerri B
youre so skinny
you need to get help
the fact that you had to post this question means you have an eating disorder
get help its all in your mind

?
You don't look too thin, but if you are cold all the time and only eat 500-700 calories and never got your period, these are bad signs. You should eat 1000 calories a day. I wish you the best.

heyyyyy
you really need to consuly your doctor, your beautiful! do you eat bread and grains? it is important that you do. please talk to your mom and doctor! I understand how u r feeling i also always think this way the fact that you didnt have your perios really is a sign of not good eating habbits, please, please go get help being skinny is just as bad as being fat (heath wise)

Herty L
your starving yourself! don't listen to other people, your underweight. calculate your BMI http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Debi
In my opinion it seems you are not well.
86 pounds is too thin for your height.
At your age and activity level you should be eating about 1,200 calories a day.
You say you are always cold and dizzy. You are getting sick.

Please see a counselor very very soon. Someone you can trust, an adult at school, maybe a nutritionist with some real good advice to point you in the right direction.

I am just really really happy that you have at least considered that you might have anorexia, because honey you can DIE from lack of nutrition!!

I really hope you can do something soon to get out of this very bad habit.

scrumptious.babee
Rating
hun this is anorexia. one of my best friends suffered from it. but just know that you do need fats to stay healthy, and it is ok to eat all the foods you like, just in small portions. try gaining a little more weight. it should be easy if you try eating fattier foods, your body will hold onto the fats. but you can still stay off things like soda. go to this website http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ and it will tell you if your underweight or not. hope you get better. by the way your really pretty! and your definitaly not fat!

ic2olney
Rating
You are growing, you need to eat! 500-700 calories is not enough! Continue to eat right and exercise, but eat!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy